ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Louisville game thread ⚔️🖤💛

I'm good with this. Put TC in not JRP a senior guy who couldn't get it done with a bad Louisville team at home. TC redshirt freshman will have GREAT experience before going into the Big12.

Win win for us. Who cares for potentially putting in JRP against scrub AAC teams and maybe (not guaranteed) winning a AAC championship. Lame. Put in TC we finish with 7-9 wins and he gains valuable experience before the big show. This is the way.

Reactions: Knight59
Plumlee looks like an athlete trying to play QB—not a QB. You can’t just rely on sheer athleticism at this level. I don’t know if there’s a better option to turn to but I don’t see UCF competing for a conference championship with such pedestrian QB play.

But awesome game by the defense. They’ll carry UCF as far as they go this year.

Plumlee looks like an athlete trying to play QB—not a QB. You can’t just rely on sheer athleticism at this level. I don’t know if there’s a better option to turn to but I don’t see UCF competing for a conference championship with such pedestrian QB play.

Just wait and see what he looks like against Cincinnati.

• Wow
Reactions: Knight59
JRP only looks for 1 receiver. He doesn’t know how to go through progressions. Offensive line sucks… swoboda is terrible. Our receiver core is talented but JRP can’t find the open receiver

his biggest problem is that he's also trying to prove to everyone (except gus) that they're wrong about him and he's a real QB, so with 15 yards of green in front of him on 4th and 5 and he'll throw behind a receiver instead.

Reactions: Yung knight
Remember when we always scored 30+ points a game? 😭
A4-CB9897-ED63-4176-9-EB2-25-B36-F6-C95-D5.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SH0RTS and Jirao
This loss is on the O line plain and simple. The defense played well all things considered. A running qb doesn't do much good if there is no blocking. The O line should be ashamed of themselves as well as the coaches.

JRP might make a decent transition slot receiver a la Jeff Godfrey. I’m serious, let the young guys develop as the QBs and find a way to utilize Plumlee’s athleticism. Just don’t ask him to run the offense because his accuracy and decision-making just aren’t there and he’s in his fourth year.

Preseason i picked this as a close win or loss. After week 1 we looked better and them worse but what we saw tonight was very bad 👎 several just flat out useless "drives". 90 second and 2 plays to get 5 yds and we call passes after running into 9 player stacked box all knight. I am confused. Hopefully we can learn and grow but offense is very streaky right now. Unfortunately 2 of our good plays that went for TDs were all called back by very ticky tacky holding calls. Excited about a defense with somewhat of a pluse. We needed to jump on them and break their spirit we did not. They hung around we stalled and then they rolled us in the 4th quarter. 10 more games to play. Let's see how we do. We should beat FAU but they have tape on how to shut us down now.

JRP only looks for 1 receiver. He doesn’t know how to go through progressions. Offensive line sucks… swoboda is terrible. Our receiver core is talented but JRP can’t find the open receiver
You need time to find an open receiver. He barely on the snap and they were on him. This is not on JRP. It's on the O line.

Reactions: akhenaten
JRP might make a decent transition slot receiver a la Jeff Godfrey. I’m serious, let the young guys develop as the QBs and find a way to utilize Plumlee’s athleticism. Just don’t ask him to run the offense because his accuracy and decision-making just aren’t there and he’s in his fourth year.
Bring on tc

Oh...one more thing. Let's not forget about all the penalties and td's called back...again. Big lack of discipline. As poorly as we played we could have won this if we played with discipline. Oh well...that's football. It will be interesting to see how we progress as the season goes on.

Reactions: SimpleJack53
what if it is Gus’s playcalling and not knowing how to develop QBs?

UCF’s last points were with 11:52 left in the first half! Danny White created a fun brand and now I feel like all the energy slipping away bc we run a High School offense
I hear there’s going to be a young offensive-minded coach available soon that likes to put up points.🙃

Gus just said Kobe Hudson missed the game to take care of some personal things??

Adversity builds character. We all knew this game was going to be a measuring stick. UL is a good team, they have some talent. Before jumping to conclusions, let's see how we rebound. The sky isn't falling.

Reactions: knightraveler
I agree, at one points the announcers referenced JRP as “a young quarterback”, probably based on his decision making and not knowing how many years he’s had. It’s been a fun experiment- but he’s just not a quarterback.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT