ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Louisville game thread ⚔️🖤💛

Lastly, if I was trolling, I would say...

There's no question Josh Heupel-recruited players ain't ready for the big stage because all the guys (save JRP) Gus brought in gave UCF a chance to win. Gus's coaching ability couldn't overcome the Heupel recruits pulling the team down. Gus will get his players down there in Orlando and everything will change.

• Haha
Reactions: bassmaster_vol
Lastly, if I was trolling, I would say...

There's no question Josh Heupel-recruited players ain't ready for the big stage because all the guys (save JRP) Gus brought in gave UCF a chance to win. Gus's coaching ability couldn't overcome the Heupel recruits pulling the team down. Gus will get his players down there in Orlando and everything will change.
That’s not trolling, that’s the truth, save your troll job of JRP. I’d be ok with TC taking over, but I’m good with what I saw in MK. He can transfer to Auburn.

Losing O Keefe hurt especially when they were stacking the box. The speed of the rest of the WR group seems very pedestrian which is disappointing. If O Keefe is out long term, we really need Johnny Richardson to fill that role.
What bothered me was that Gus seemed to have no answer to their stacking the box. Most defenses don’t stack the box unless (1) they think the QB can’t make good, quick decisions or throw into tight windows, or (2) the receivers can't beat their corners. That certainly seemed to be the case tonight because we seemed to have no coaching solution to Louisville stacking the box. We better get that solved if we can or it’s going to be a long, painful season.

What bothered me was that Gus seemed to have no answer to their stacking the box. Most defenses don’t stack the box unless (1) they think the QB can’t make good, quick decisions or throw into tight windows, or (2) the receivers can't beat their corners. That certainly seemed to be the case tonight because we seemed to have no coaching solution to Louisville stacking the box. We better get that solved if we can or it’s going to be a long, painful season.
Hell, we knew "stacking the box" was coming and should have been prepared. The players all talked about it in the preseason. So our lack of preparation (Coach) and bad decisions (QB1) are head scratchers. Meanwhile, we got one on ones across the board and our receivers still couldn't get open. Between the play calling, the bad decisions (especially constantly throwing into coverage), the drops (Holler dropped one that my grandma (who's passed) could have caught), we played like we weren't ready for "stacking the box" and that's not acceptable. So, primarily, this loss goes to Malzahn. And then there's the penalties and special teams (both of which Malzahn mentioned needed to be cleaned up after last week's game). Last night's performance is not cleaning them up coach. Go to work....

Reactions: Nextfresh17
Late in the game they threw one quick slant to the TE who was wide open, because the LB basically played a few feet from the line scrimmage all night as they stacked the box.

The biggest reason why this was such a damaging loss is because it was at home. The crowd showed up, and they definitely affected the game as far as the Louisville offense is concerned. If we can’t show that we can generate consistent offense, we are going to lose some of those “easier” road games

Late in the game they threw one quick slant to the TE who was wide open, because the LB basically played a few feet from the line scrimmage all night as they stacked the box.
That was Holler's drop....in the second half when they constantly brought the house that play would have been money, but we only ran it once.

Synopsis: We didn’t execute on a lot of opportunities. That’s on the staff….equally it’s on the players. Thankfully, Louisville was equally as bad at coaching decisions and offensive execution or we could have been worked-over.

Whenever a new QB is playing I always wait 5-6 games to give my assessment, and season predictions. Need to see how the team is gelling. Need home games, away games and conference games to start to see what is going on.

So many new and unproven players out there. (Players and coaches) Just have to get better each week. Gus has to keep bringing in talent, and hopefully a QB emerges that can give us continuity. This is essentially 3 seasons in a row rolling with a new QB. My gut tells me next season we will have a different starter as well. Unless you’re Bama, etc… it usually doesn’t bode well when that position rolls-over for several years in a row.

The biggest reason why this was such a damaging loss is because it was at home. The crowd showed up, and they definitely affected the game as far as the Louisville offense is concerned. If we can’t show that we can generate consistent offense, we are going to lose some of those “easier” road games
In the immortal words of GL, “Big games are great exposure or you get exposed,” we were exposed in the worst fashion in this game. If these things don’t get corrected (O-Line, Special Teams, QB1 & play calling) we‘ll be lucky to even make a bowl.

In the immortal words of GL, “Big games are great exposure or you get exposed,” we were exposed in the worst fashion in this game. If these things don’t get corrected (O-Line, Special Teams, QB1 & play calling) we‘ll be lucky to even make a bowl.
The oline is a head scratcher. Sam jackson should be leading that unit to be special since he is in his sixth year.

Syracuse pummeled louisville and they came out to play. I can only hope this loss is the kind to motivate these players to stop reading the preseason accolades and start working. We will see what we are made of next week because you know FAU is going to bring their best

Reactions: Flstan
I’m out on Gus. I’m done with him. I’m watching Phil Longo, who supposedly gave a great interview and shocked people with his plan for UCF, put up massive points again. Sure Ga State, but at least his offense is fun. Heck Ga State’s offense is better than our sh.it offense. T-Mo needs to get off TikTok and actually do his goddamn job. Either tell Gus to get a real oc and not f.ucking Chip Lindsay the fired Troy hc who used to coach with Gus or promote T-Will to head coach and give Gus the boot. Honestly I have more faith in T-Will leading us than this old inept “offensive guru.”

Meanwhile, we have Gus coming out saying the same sh.it over and over again. Oline sucks and special teams has sucked for two straight years yet Gus won’t do anything because he’s friends with Blackman and hand. This wasn’t supposed to be a building year. I had anticipated we would be mediocre our first two years in the big 12, but not this year. Aac title game was the expectation, but that’s gone. This offense won’t do sh.it and I’m worried about our next two games because I don’t have any faith in Gus to not f.uck up. meanwhile T-Will is killing it and he’s going to leave and so will this class.
Great job Gus.

I’m out on Gus. I’m done with him. I’m watching Phil Longo, who supposedly gave a great interview and shocked people with his plan for UCF, put up massive points again. Sure Ga State, but at least his offense is fun. Heck Ga State’s offense is better than our sh.it offense. T-Mo needs to get off TikTok and actually do his goddamn job. Either tell Gus to get a real oc and not f.ucking Chip Lindsay the fired Troy hc who used to coach with Gus or promote T-Will to head coach and give Gus the boot. Honestly I have more faith in T-Will leading us than this old inept “offensive guru.”

Meanwhile, we have Gus coming out saying the same sh.it over and over again. Oline sucks and special teams has sucked for two straight years yet Gus won’t do anything because he’s friends with Blackman and hand. This wasn’t supposed to be a building year. I had anticipated we would be mediocre our first two years in the big 12, but not this year. Aac title game was the expectation, but that’s gone. This offense won’t do sh.it and I’m worried about our next two games because I don’t have any faith in Gus to not f.uck up. meanwhile T-Will is killing it and he’s going to leave and so will this class.
Great job Gus.
Longo interviewed w us?

Reactions: Knightgator9
Hard to put this on the qb, the OL is so bad they gave zero time to throw. Meanwhile, Cunningham has all day to look around and find an open receiver or decide run after we over pursue….again and again. No spy or did they over pursue also?

The play calling was awful. Every QB run was called up the middle for nothing. Use JRP speed and athleticism and bounce it outside, damn it was an awful called game. More Johnny Richardson please, for the love of god…

Don’t get me started on the 2 touchdowns called back for “holding”. I heard the AAC refs would have it out for us but wow, me and my UF buddy couldn’t see what they saw on either. The Swaboda one was a downright atrocious call, literally nothing was holding (even though he had a terrible game). Even the announcers were going overboard to call against us, it was egregious on that “targeting” review.

And btw, Mikey would have been broken in half or had multiple pick 6 with our OL play. I don’t want to hear how he would have been better with 0.5 secs to throw the ball. Terrible OL with no protection and a ton of penalties. We are mediocre again…SMU and Cinci will be tough, I have my doubts about ECU and Memphis now as well with that play calling and the special teams play. Let’s pull a soccer player on the UCF mens or womens team, surely they can punt or kick FG better than what we have..
Notice that the refs didn't throw the flag until after they saw it was going to be a TD.

Look at App State’s oc. He’s out here making Chase Brice look like a star while our inept old coach is out here putting up 14 points with a lot of talent that he doesn’t know how to use. Those who don’t know Chase Brice is 25 and has been to at least 6 different schools and has sucked at all of them until he got to App State. I just don’t know how you can look at this roster on offense, look at how inept Gus has been at play calling, and think this is acceptable. Gus is not fit for the modern game as a play caller. Compare Gus’ offenses to Kevin Barbays offenses and you’ll see how god awful Gus is

I won’t talk about the players, but my god Gus needs to be forced to hire a real oc, it’s f.ucking pathetic how he calls plays. I was with those that said last year was because he didn’t anticipate playing Mikey so much. This was the year he was supposed to do something and he’s regressed. His offense is garbage and if you don’t think it is then idk what to tell you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT