ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Temple Thread

Defense carrying this game...if not going for it costs us this game like tulsa...

Did they just say chess match between Temple’s OC and UCF’s DC? I believe Shannon to be more of a connect four guy, maybe Candyland.

Generally agree with this, but maybe the timing on your comment isn’t great. The defense limited Temple to 3 points while creating multiple turnovers leading to points in the first half...

Reactions: Knight Strength
Generally agree with this, but maybe the timing on your comment isn’t great. The defense limited Temple to 3 points while creating multiple turnovers leading to points in the first half...
I don’t know. I generally like Shannon, but Memphis got over 700 yards of offense on us and we were a ECU and USF level defense against Tulsa. That’s bad.

I don’t know. I generally like Shannon, but Memphis got over 700 yards of offense on us and we were a ECU and USF level defense against Tulsa. That’s bad.
Maybe it wasn't Shannon, maybe it was a few guys who liked to drive around at 2:30 am with loaded guns that was the problem?

Reactions: Knight59
Maybe it wasn't Shannon, maybe it was a few guys who liked to drive around at 2:30 am with loaded guns that was the problem?
If they had guns they could have shot their gaps better. Also, It was mostly Memphis that was driving.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Things we need for next year....

New kicker

New center

a kicker who can hit FG from an angle. He’s pretty good with straight shots, and with distance.

kicking from few feet to the left or right - totally flat and shanks it

I have no doubt we’ll win tonight but Heup always takes his foot off the gas too quickly and our games look way closer to the outside world, thus hurting us when the polls look at us. Just once I’d love for us to play a complete full throttle game to showcase our true team.

At this point who cares, we're not getting a NY6, probably not the CCG either. No reason for style points, keep the starters healthy.

Probably not but it might keep us from playing Central Missouri State in the Gasp! Bowl!
Nah it won’t, because if you’re not in the NY6 the bowl selections are generally based on location. Especially this year, with travel related COVID considerations

I have no doubt we’ll win tonight but Heup always takes his foot off the gas too quickly and our games look way closer to the outside world, thus hurting us when the polls look at us. Just once I’d love for us to play a complete full throttle game to showcase our true team.

not likely - but I’m hoping we save the complete full throttle game for USF

Is your point that we suck if we don’t win with style by 70? Asking for a friend

Reactions: mattropolis
Is your point that we suck if we don’t win with style by 70? Asking for a friend
I take his point to mean that we should be refining a killer instinct so we don’t get complacent when we’re up by 21 points and then allow a team to come back and beat us. That is, if our natural instinct is to go on cruise control once we get up by what we perceive as a comfortable margin then that would leave us vulnerable against teams that have the ability to overcome such margins. But I may be missing some sarcasm on all fronts.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Which is Shannon. You know guys and how they talk at practice. You can tell what they did night before because they will be talking about it. He plays favorites too much. See what happens when he’s forced to play the better players and not his favorites? Last 2 games defense has been good. Part of that is opponent but we gave up a lot of points to everyone before so it has something to do with who he plays.

Wow, a game thread on the free board that is more reasonable than the Dungeon. What is the world coming to

Reactions: e.
That would be because we're not as good as some recent teams. Not only is the bar set high. We set a high bar for ourselves and the perception requires us to be that good. It is strange, though, that we don't have a single vote in either poll but we should garner a few this week. Win and things will take care if themselves. Control you narrative.

Last edited:
That would be because we're not as good as some recent teams. Not only is the bar set high. We set a high bar for ourselves and the perception requires us to be that good. It is strange, though, that we don't have a single vote in either poll but we should garner a few this week. Win and things will take care if themselves. Control you narrative.

Meanwhile ESPN is giving Cinci a 40% chance of beating us. Weird that we have zero votes. I think it’s a ploy to keep Cinci out of the discussion, if they win out.

Last edited:
I take his point to mean that we should be refining a killer instinct so we don’t get complacent when we’re up by 21 points and then allow a team to come back and beat us. That is, if our natural instinct is to go on cruise control once we get up by what we perceive as a comfortable margin then that would leave us vulnerable against teams that have the ability to overcome such margins. But I may be missing some sarcasm on all fronts.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. We’ve all seen it happen with Heupel. There are several teams in our conference that you can’t let hang around until the 4th quarter or it can cost you (both losses this this year). But I gladly take any win, regardless of score.

It has to be hard for the players to maintain a killer instinct when they go up 3 touchdowns in the first 7 minutes, when they deferred the kick. It was hard for me to maintain interest in the game at that point.

Meanwhile ESPN is giving Cinci a 40% chance of beating us. Weird that we have zero votes. I think it’s a ploy to keep Cinci out of the discussion, if they win out.
They will be discussed but that is all that will happen. NY6 games are pretty awesome. A great way to prove yourself, when earned. They win out they have certainly earned that.

The CFI is already set with 4 of these 5 teams: Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State and UF. If Texas A&M wins out they’ll be ahead in the pecking order as well. They’ve hit their ceiling as a G5 program. Face pressed against the glass, looking through the window...

Last edited:

FPI is pretty broken. VT (4-4) is ranked 21, ahead of teams they lost to at home like Miami who is 7-1 and Liberty 82nd who is 8-0. Penn State is 23rd at 0-4.

This is so true. He probably would have let the clock expire even if we had over a minute left in the half.

FPI is pretty broken. VT (4-4) is ranked 21, ahead of teams they lost to at home like Miami who is 7-1 and Liberty 82nd who is 8-0. Penn State is 23rd at 0-4.
Sagarin is better. It has Cincy as a 5 point favorite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT