ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Huh. Taco Tuesday.

What's up with that set-up he's doing when shooting that shot? Last time I checked you can't stand out of bounds. I get that it's probably a timing mechanism, but you can't do that during a game, so what's the point?

What's up with that set-up he's doing when shooting that shot? Last time I checked you can't stand out of bounds. I get that it's probably a timing mechanism, but you can't do that during a game, so what's the point?
He's practicing/warming-up. You really think the NBA-level guy coaching him doesn't know that?

He's practicing/warming-up. You really think the NBA-level guy coaching him doesn't know that?
No shit he's warming up. It's a legitimate question, I'm sure there's a good reason for him doing what he's doing there, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. There's no situation in the game where you would catch the ball in that position.

No shit he's warming up. It's a legitimate question, I'm sure there's a good reason for him doing what he's doing there, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. There's no situation in the game where you would catch the ball in that position.
Might just be as simple as having fun because I doubt we will ever see him take a 3 in a game.

Also, No idea how long he actually spent shooting 3s, the video only shows the same two shots on loop.

Might just be as simple as having fun because I doubt we will ever see him take a 3 in a game.

Also, No idea how long he actually spent shooting 3s, the video only shows the same two shots on loop.
I'd heard that he was practicing it. Hard to believe he'd master 3s before Free Throws, but who knows.

Reactions: Wings0fred
I'd heard that he was practicing it. Hard to believe he'd master 3s before Free Throws, but who knows.
Yeah, I’d say so haha.

He pretty much shouldn’t try it from the corners in a game, though. His foot is big enough to basically touch the out of bounds line and the three point line concurrently lol.

Based on his positioning, maybe the idea is to have him screening at the top and dumping the ball to him to rotate and shoot a three if they get way out of positioning trying to loop around him? Still seems weird although I admittedly know nothing about b-ball.

Preparing for the new inbounds play rules coming in 2021.

Looks like he is just working on technique touch and rotation. Without taking up half of the perimeter out front where the real outside bombers are running drills warming up.

It is probably as simple as the last guy off the bench leaving room on the court for everyone else while he practices shots he probably wouldn’t take in a game for years from now. The OB is irrelevant. The slow windup is irrelevant. He is just working on muscle memory and strength.

Tacko is on Celtics as 3rd C until the injured guy comes back in a week or 2. They play Cavs at 4:00 today on NBA tv. If it’s not a close game he could get a few minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT