ADVERTISEMENT

Unhinged Tweets.

The point is POS losers like yourself are consumed by TDS 24 hours a day. They eat, drinks, take a crap thinking about Trump. Must be a pretty pathetic life

By the way, the guy lives in Orlando, so that shows you a little bit about how clueless you are about the argument

Uh.. duh.. I didn’t know that there are such things as time zones. What an idiot
You don't know who I voted for. Newsflash: I'm a registered Republican. Go ahead and search, you won't find any examples of "TDS" from me. I was just pointing out the absurdity of your comment about posting times. Thanks, internet mom!

You don't know who I voted for. Newsflash: I'm a registered Republican. Go ahead and search, you won't find any examples of "TDS" from me. I was just pointing out the obsurdity of your comment about posting times. Thanks, internet mom!
I didn’t know being a Republican had anything to do with TDS. Anyway.., Da Shookster is or was a Republican

That wasn’t really the point. The point is that people’s lives are being taken over by this anti-Trump crap.

Well.., it’s their choice.

You’re welcome internet son

I live in Clearwater yet happen to travel the world regularly. I'm truly envious of the simple and naiive life you live.
I’ve been to about 10-15 countries including South Africa and Israel in May and own a high-rise condo in Clearwater beach that I’m renting out. I’m presently in Philadelphia for the game getting ready to head out to meet friends for drinks and a cheesesteak. Only work is slowing down further traveling as it’s not part of my profession. Anyway....

Simple and naive life? Not sure your point. That’s
a major fail hotshot at trying to flex your worth muscles on a message board. Like a pissing contest amongst anonymous posters is going to get anywhere anyway. THAT’s pretty naive and simple. Shows a little insecurity too

Clearwater is my dream retirement location, so enjoy!

Last edited:
The wifey and I love Clearwater too!
Note to Self: Be nicer to Ucfmikes. :)
It’s my weekend getaway from a demanding job. It’s getting overcrowded like everywhere else, but you can find quiet spots
and cool local bars if you know the area

Next time you’re in Florida, we need to have a beer and and some good food

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Reactions: Ucfmikes
We're set for a cruise next year but I'll let you know the next time our snowbirding brings us back to Clearwater Beach. [cheers]

FYI, I keep this link handy whenever the winter weather hits here in Lincoln.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/united-states/florida/clearwater/clearwater-beach.html
Ha!! That’s Jimmy’s Crows Nest! I love that place. It’s been a little blocked by the new Wyndham Grande. Next time checkout the rooftop restaurant/bar at the Edge hotel

Reactions: DaShuckster
It’s my weekend getaway from a demanding job. It’s getting overcrowded like everywhere else, but you can find quiet spots
and cool local bars if you know the area

Next time you’re in Florida, we need to have a beer and and some good food
I like it but way too hard to get to.

The point IS that your whole life has recently been consumed by this. It’s almost like an illness. No?
There is more chaos everyday. I wish I could go a week without the POTUS doing something crazy. Mike Pence would be a great right now.

Reactions: sk8knight
There is more chaos everyday. I wish I could go a week without the POTUS doing something crazy. Mike Pence would be a great right now.
It’s a tough election cycle if you are at all right of center. Hell, even if you’re center. Trump is a complete asshat but his administration has done some things right and has picked a lot of good judicial appointees. On the other side, you’ve got a lot of candidates courting extreme fundamental changes to many of our foundational systems. Absolutely can’t vote For what the D’s are throwing out, don’t really want to vote for Trump, and a third-party candidate vote is a non-starter. Really wish Trump would get tired of this and hand it over to Pence now and let Pence campaign with that huge amount of fundraiser money.

It’s a tough election cycle if you are at all right of center. Hell, even if you’re center. Trump is a complete asshat but his administration has done some things right and has picked a lot of good judicial appointees. On the other side, you’ve got a lot of candidates courting extreme fundamental changes to many of our foundational systems. Absolutely can’t vote For what the D’s are throwing out, don’t really want to vote for Trump, and a third-party candidate vote is a non-starter. Really wish Trump would get tired of this and hand it over to Pence now and let Pence campaign with that huge amount of fundraiser money.

I think this is a pretty fair assessment. There are a ton of people in Trump's base who'd let him shit in their mouths and then ask for seconds, but I feel like most people can't stand the guy and think he's completely unhinged. This has always how I've felt about him--just stfu, do your job, get off of twitter and stop drunk posting all day (yes, I know he doesn't drink--save it boot lickers). He's not going to change, however.

Republican senators could make this happen, they want it to happen, the majority of the country wants it to happen. We are all being held hostage by a small fervent minority.

Honestly, I have no idea at this point what to believe. It’s completely overwhelming. Everyday, I hear about some new crazy sh_t. Fox News says one thing or barely mentions it and CNN paints it in a whole different light

I’m not just talking about tweets, but supposedly important facts supporting the validity of this impeachment hearing

Trump tweets about lynching and then it’s played down by those supporting what he really meant.

Yet, with all this crap going on, I’m pretty satisfied about how the country is being run. It’s like we have a president who’s 2 people. One with some great ideas that has been quite productive and the other one constantly tweeting and fighting off relentless attacks and criticized constantly

Then there’s Russia. Then there is the Ukraine/Biden fiasco. It’s too damn much to even comment on when you’re not sure what is even true or real.

Exactly. Not sure why he would even want to run at this point, and there’s absolutely no Democratic candidates who I like or are any good IMO. Some of the changes that they are proposing are downright scary IMO
Pence might be quite productive without all the drama. Wonder how he would handle being attacked, because you know he still would be

First thing I see this morning is a 'breaking news' story about a new Trump claim that Obama committed treason.

Just another ho-hum weekend in the White House. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I have no idea at this point what to believe. It’s completely overwhelming. Everyday, I hear about some new crazy sh_t. Fox News says one thing or barely mentions it and CNN paints it in a whole different light

I’m not just talking about tweets, but supposedly important facts supporting the validity of this impeachment hearing

Trump tweets about lynching and then it’s played down by those supporting what he really meant.

Yet, with all this crap going on, I’m pretty satisfied about how the country is being run. It’s like we have a president who’s 2 people. One with some great ideas that has been quite productive and the other one constantly tweeting and fighting off relentless attacks and criticized constantly

Then there’s Russia. Then there is the Ukraine/Biden fiasco. It’s too damn much to even comment on when you’re not sure what is even true or real.

This thinking drives me insane. You can have a well run country without all the insanity. That's like saying "Yeah, I know Jameis Winston is a total fukc up, rapes chicks, steals crabs legs, doesn't go to class or listen to coaches but he's throwing 4 TDs/game."

Exactly. Not sure why he would even want to run at this point, and there’s absolutely no Democratic candidates who I like or are any good IMO. Some of the changes that they are proposing are downright scary IMO
Pence might be quite productive without all the drama. Wonder how he would handle being attacked, because you know he still would be

Mike Pence is a pretty smooth talker. He use to be a radio talk show host, he has no problem deflecting attacks.

Here's a sane tweet to balance out the literally insane disgusting shit being spewed by the most powerful man on Earth.

qooqo6ei8wu31.jpg

i just wish trump would settle down on twitter and maybe get a speech writer. maybe not read completely off script but do a better job of summarizing points and less of his petty bs. if he did that, his numbers would be very good.

i just wish trump would settle down on twitter and maybe get a speech writer. maybe not read completely off script but do a better job of summarizing points and less of his petty bs. if he did that, his numbers would be very good.

Agree. I wish somebody would take his phone and drop it in the Potomac. Then he would just read off the TelePrompter. His approval rating would be 60-65% but he always has to find a person/group to piss off. His base loves his trolling because they are angry.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I just wish I was younger, in great, physical shape, could run the 40 in 4.3, and could throw the ball 60 yards on a dime. If I did that, I would be a very good Heisman Trophy candidate!

Reactions: NinjaKnight

This is a super awesome post. I agree with you but i don't. Let me explain. I too am greatly concerned about foundational systems. I think we may disagree on what is and isn't under threat.

I don't see arguing for social or economic policy changes - no matter how far left or right - as inherently threatening to the system. Why? Because as long as the system itself retains it's checks and balances, those changes are enacted in an ordinary and legal manner, have to survive legal challenges, and new political power arrives every 2 or 4 years, you can correct almost anything.

On the other hand, a POTUS that openly and blatantly abuses the power of his office, undermines investigations by his own Justice Department, undermines his own federal institutions like the CIA and FBI, calls the press the "enemy of the people", vilifies anyone who publicly dissents - now that I view as a systemic threat. Undermining the rule of the law, leading chants to jail political enemies, seeking to prosecute career officials who didn't bend the knee - is all very dangerous territory. You don't shift to authoritarian regimes overnight and this is 100% how it begins.

Note - none of my concerns here are issue based. This isn't about tax policy. Healthcare. Immigration. If our system is a multi-story building, those issues are all way above the foundation.

This is a super awesome post. I agree with you but i don't. Let me explain. I too am greatly concerned about foundational systems. I think we may disagree on what is and isn't under threat.

I don't see arguing for social or economic policy changes - no matter how far left or right - as inherently threatening to the system. Why? Because as long as the system itself retains it's checks and balances, those changes are enacted in an ordinary and legal manner, have to survive legal challenges, and new political power arrives every 2 or 4 years, you can correct almost anything.

On the other hand, a POTUS that openly and blatantly abuses the power of his office, undermines investigations by his own Justice Department, undermines his own federal institutions like the CIA and FBI, calls the press the "enemy of the people", vilifies anyone who publicly dissents - now that I view as a systemic threat. Undermining the rule of the law, leading chants to jail political enemies, seeking to prosecute career officials who didn't bend the knee - is all very dangerous territory. You don't shift to authoritarian regimes overnight and this is 100% how it begins.

Note - none of my concerns here are issue based. This isn't about tax policy. Healthcare. Immigration. If our system is a multi-story building, those issues are all way above the foundation.
I don't like Trump's rhetoric either. I too am concerned about him using a bully pulpit on social media to snap back at people who question him.I do have to say, though, that him calling for jailing Hillary on her server antics and the CF and CGI and Biden on his obvious corruption are not quite the same as jailing someone when you don't like what they have to say. With nearly the same clearance level, I would never see another free day if I had done what Hillary did, whether Comey could've found intent or not.

I would also remind you that the Trump administration has not gone around any of the checks and balances in place. When immigration policy was subverted by judge after judge, they did not instruct ICE and CBP to ignore the rulings and do what they wanted. They have not instructed departments to ignore laws or simply not enforce them because they wanted something different. The Trump administration is not out there instructing government organizations to stifle opposition speach, or to boycott opposition organizations. The Trump administration is not promoting legislature to bar the federal government or any state governments from doing business with states that don't fall in line with a specific way of thinking. Trump's antics are repulsive and some of them could represent a threat if followed through, but until the repulsive tweets become government action, there is no systemic threat.

Now, if you want to talk about systemic threats, here are a few. The entire FISA abuse that leveraged our intelligence services to investigate a candidate and then sitting President is a system threat. The movement to end the electoral college is a fundamental system change. The move away from and vilification of free markets and capitalism are fundamental system changes. The "you didn't build that" and the statements that imply or directly state that all wealth is owned by America and not by individuals is a fundamental change. Presidential candidates supporting cities that criminalize the use of gender pronouns that is a strong move away from freedom of speech and directly towards authoritarianism. If you're worried about authoritarianism, giving the government control over individual health care puts them in a very strong and tempting position to mandate individual behavior through conditional restriction or denial of healthcare based on non-approved behaviors. The entire pattern of achieving social justice through legislation is a move towards authoritarianism.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I don't like Trump's rhetoric either. I too am concerned about him using a bully pulpit on social media to snap back at people who question him.I do have to say, though, that him calling for jailing Hillary on her server antics and the CF and CGI and Biden on his obvious corruption are not quite the same as jailing someone when you don't like what they have to say. With nearly the same clearance level, I would never see another free day if I had done what Hillary did, whether Comey could've found intent or not.

I would also remind you that the Trump administration has not gone around any of the checks and balances in place. When immigration policy was subverted by judge after judge, they did not instruct ICE and CBP to ignore the rulings and do what they wanted. They have not instructed departments to ignore laws or simply not enforce them because they wanted something different. The Trump administration is not out there instructing government organizations to stifle opposition speach, or to boycott opposition organizations. The Trump administration is not promoting legislature to bar the federal government or any state governments from doing business with states that don't fall in line with a specific way of thinking. Trump's antics are repulsive and some of them could represent a threat if followed through, but until the repulsive tweets become government action, there is no systemic threat.

Now, if you want to talk about systemic threats, here are a few. The entire FISA abuse that leveraged our intelligence services to investigate a candidate and then sitting President is a system threat. The movement to end the electoral college is a fundamental system change. The move away from and vilification of free markets and capitalism are fundamental system changes. The "you didn't build that" and the statements that imply or directly state that all wealth is owned by America and not by individuals is a fundamental change. Presidential candidates supporting cities that criminalize the use of gender pronouns that is a strong move away from freedom of speech and directly towards authoritarianism. If you're worried about authoritarianism, giving the government control over individual health care puts them in a very strong and tempting position to mandate individual behavior through conditional restriction or denial of healthcare based on non-approved behaviors. The entire pattern of achieving social justice through legislation is a move towards authoritarianism.

This is a good discussion. Good argument though I disagree.

I believe the words themselves, when coming from POTUS, are the threat. If followed through on, that's beyond a threat - that's an assault on those foundational principles. We are well within the "threat" phase, even if you want to argue that no attacks have happened.

Leading chants calling for the jailing of a political rival is never OK because at that point, you can never argue that an investigation is apolitical. Any criminal investigation of any political official is inherently political. DOJ and FBI have it really hard here. No matter what path they go down, someone is going to argue they were acting politically. This is why trust in these institutions is so important and Trump's effort to undermine so damaging.

Regarding your concerns - I agree the "surveillance state" aspect of things is concerning. I disagree with your assessment of what happened in 2016. I believe the best bi-partisan efforts at understanding 2016 have come from the Senate Intelligence Committee, and I've seen nothing in those reports that support the contention you're making. The worst case scenario I can imagine is that we were duped and sent on a wild goose chase by Russia. Even under that scenario, our intelligence and law enforcement agencies had a duty to chase that all down.

Gender Pronouns is not a hill I'm going to die on. What I will say is that it's a testament to the progress of society that this is an issue being litigated. We're not arguing about what racial slurs an employee can say to his workers, or arguing what kind of harassment a women should expect at work, and we're moving to smaller and smaller "marginalized" niches. No doubt someone in the past argued that their right to freedom of speech was being infringed when they got fired for repeatedly calling a coworker a racial slur. I see this as society arguing about what is and isn't acceptable, just as we've always done.

MFA = Authoritarianism - I don't buy that. Could it be used as a tool for social control? Absolutely! But this doesn't make it unique in any way from the rest of government. We use taxes and policy to incentive behavior all the time - that ship has long sailed. There's plenty of good arguments against MFA but I don't think this one is very pragmatic.

975t60kmwa441.png

There are grown ass adults on this board that still unironically support Trump.

What a time to be alive.

Donald needs to get his dumb ass off of Twitter. It’s embarrassing.

Meh, what's more embarrassing is people still support him after seeing how painfully idiotic he is.

The tweets aren't the problem. I'm glad they are out there because they show without a shadow of a doubt he truly 100% is unfit for office.

Trump campaign just photoshopped his head into Gretnas body. Literally unhinged.

But at least the hands are accurately sized now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT