ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas shooting

Yeah but he could cite the room number . Response should have been much swifter
I think there is more to this on the part of the hotel than we know. The police are likely trying to avoid throwing people under-the-bus, like how the hotel handled it. After all, they are a major source of revenue for the city, and the mayor likely wants to avoid a lot of public finger pointing.

There was six minutes between the security guard getting shot at and the guy opening up on the concert. Six minute response time in a big city? I don't think that's happening. Once the bullets started raining down on the concert everyone forgot about the security guards call and starting focusing on the 10+ minutes of constant gun fire.

The first responders may be good but they don't prepare for 10 minutes of automatic gun fire from elevation. They we're panicked like everyone else and trying their best to save lives on the ground.

Reactions: UCFWayne
There was six minutes between the security guard getting shot at and the guy opening up on the concert. Six minute response time in a big city? I don't think that's happening. Once the bullets started raining down on the concert everyone forgot about the security guards call and starting focusing on the 10+ minutes of constant gun fire.
It's called "don't know WTF to do." It's commonplace with a situation never encountered before.

Be assured, if any shooter is 'active' anywhere in Vegas ever again, they will immediately send out an 'alert' for the 1+ mile vicinity.

Europe has learned this. The US will slowly as well.

Just take motorsport** for example. Europeans** love to come to the US for the unprecedented level of 'access' we have to the paddock areas and drivers.

**DISCLAIMER: Save the NASCAR jokes, I'm talking production/prototype road courses with both fenders ("sports car") and open wheel ("Indy").

That's a very misleading title. He warned them after the shots were fired at the security guard, within the six minutes. They already knew they had an active shooter at that point.

Yahoo is just as bad as NBC. Jesus Christ.

If you read that headline you'd think that some dude knew well in advance what was going to happen and no one listened. Not that he heard the gunshots ring out, called, and 5 minutes later the guy blew out his window.

The media in this country is pathetic.

Even Disney tries to keep "incidents" from getting out, so other guests don't panic. I really think that's what happened here with the hotel, and police were not engaged until well after the initial incident.

After all, if he was confronted by hotel security before the windows were broken, and other people shot, then the hotel probably just thought it was a nut job that would threaten people inside the hotel.

This is kinda like a "9/11 type wakeup" on the fact that a shooter on the new strip has unprecedented access to all sorts of nearby areas ... from the airport to public areas. I mean, there's a reason why the "old strip" started well north of the airport.

This was just naivity, ignorance and ... very likely ... not taking cues from similar, European resorts. We Americans will have to learn. Unfortunately, those resorts are really, really close to the airport.

Last edited:
Even Disney tries to keep "incidents" from getting out, so other guests don't panic. I really think that's what happened here with the hotel, and police were not engaged until well after the initial incident.

After all, if he was confronted by hotel security before the windows were broken, and other people shot, then the hotel probably just thought it was a nut job that would threaten people inside the hotel.

This is kinda like a "9/11 type wakeup" on the fact that a shooter on the new strip has unprecedented access to all sorts of nearby areas ... from the airport to public areas. I mean, there's a reason why the "old strip" started well north of the airport.

This was just naivity, ignorance and ... very likely ... not taking cues from similar, European resorts. We Americans will have to learn. Unfortunately, those resorts are really, really close to the airport.
there is nothing that couldve been done to fix it. we cant learn anything.
the same literally could be accomplished from a hotel or apt room in nyc, chicago, la, or any other major city in the world.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/1...-disappears-moments-before-tv-interviews.html

Jesus Campos went missing before his TV interview. That seems really fishy to me.

Has there been any new updates since this happened?

I posted that exact same link on Friday, 3 posts above yours.

Evidently they still can't find him. His union rep doesn't know where he is, said he cancelled the interview to go to a "quick clinic"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...es-highly-unusual-disappear-article-1.3562862

What's everyone's tinfoil hat theory?

I'll take the easy route: Hilary Clintons people made this guy do the shooting by threatening his gf. He gets her out of the country and wires money. Security guard was suicided by Clinton.
Goal is to bring up gun control/blame President Trump

"Where is he?"

"He's missing."

"This is fishy!"

"OMG, I'm not involved with the investigation, but the news is reporting that this guy is missing so Occam's Razor tells me that the most likely conclusion is that IT"s a CONPspiaracy!!!!1111111"

Meanwhile, back on Earth:

But the Mandalay Bay security guard whom a gunman shot in the leg Oct. 1 before opening fire on a nearby country music festival crowd continues to stay in contact with his employer, and police don’t consider him missing.

Also:

Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Larry Hadfield said Campos is “fully cooperating with the investigation.

There's one tin foil hat theory I find interesting, but I highly doubt it's true: The shooter was a gun runner. Deal went bad, buyer(s) killed him, opened fire on the crowd, and took the stuff. Explains the explosives in the car (other stuff for sale) and oversees wires (off shore account in case he needs to leave US). His work in real estate and his propensity for gambling could be fronts for laundering the money.

Reactions: bullshiznitz
"Where is he?"

"He's missing."

"This is fishy!"

"OMG, I'm not involved with the investigation, but the news is reporting that this guy is missing so Occam's Razor tells me that the most likely conclusion is that IT"s a CONPspiaracy!!!!1111111"

Meanwhile, back on Earth:

But the Mandalay Bay security guard whom a gunman shot in the leg Oct. 1 before opening fire on a nearby country music festival crowd continues to stay in contact with his employer, and police don’t consider him missing.

Also:

Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Larry Hadfield said Campos is “fully cooperating with the investigation.

He's cooperating so well that the police timeline, and Mandalay timeline (his, presumably) are wildly different. Ok*

I think I actually have a plausible theory to all of this.

The guy was actually a leftwing nut job. His target and method pretty much tell you his motive.

The FBI and everyone else do not want to publicize this because they are worried about the sociological impact. Not that they are shills for the lefties but that they don't want this guy to become a hero for hard core lefties and incite tribute massacres.

Reactions: UCFBS
I think I actually have a plausible theory to all of this.

The guy was actually a leftwing nut job. His target and method pretty much tell you his motive.

The FBI and everyone else do not want to publicize this because they are worried about the sociological impact. Not that they are shills for the lefties but that they don't want this guy to become a hero for hard core lefties and incite tribute massacres.

I thought this was an obvious joke post at first, but seeing your other posts you might actual be serious. You are a fuking dumbass.

Reactions: MACHater02
Be honest- are you trollin' or is this a real shtick?
It's humor mostly. but these two douchebags (chemmie and ninjaknight) are full of rage. I wouldn't be totally surprised if they have fantasized about mass shootings. They don't strike you as kind of off?

It's humor mostly. but these two douchebags (chemmie and ninjaknight) are full of rage. I wouldn't be totally surprised if they have fantasized about mass shootings. They don't strike you as kind of off?

Haha well aren't you a projecting little snowflake? Got your feelings hurt because I called you out on bullshit?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT