ADVERTISEMENT

What the h*ll is wrong with y'all's fanbase???

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
GUS and UCF just took No. 6 Chokelahoma to the brink on the road at the TOUGHEST PLACE TO PLAY in America this Century, but didn't have enough gas on defense to finish.
H*ll, the OU RB was running laterally at the end zone and LITERALLY looking back to the sideline to see if the coaching staff wanted him to down the ball on the 1.

Gus had a bunch of sick players and still gave his team a chance to win. The fact that y'all are blaming Gus for this loss after the Vegas picked Chokelahoma to win by three scores shows how delusional some, not all, of y'all are.

BECAUSE of GUS--not in spite of Gus--did UCF have a chance to win.

I DO NOT believe in moral victories--moral victories are for the church, but what do y'all want???

what do y'all want???
To not throw behind the LoS on 3rd and long.

To not waste so many downs running up the middle into the teeth of the defense.

To throw down field.

A quick slant.

The players were great. They could've quit after last week but they came back and played a great game. I'll give coach credit for his leadership in that department. With the level of effort they gave, a bit better play calling could've given us a win in the toughest place to play in the world.

To not throw behind the LoS on 3rd and long.

To not waste so many downs running up the middle into the teeth of the defense.

To throw down field.

A quick slant.

The players were great. They could've quit after last week but they came back and played a great game. I'll give coach credit for his leadership in that department. With the level of effort they gave, a bit better play calling could've given us a win in the toughest place to play in the world.
How about recover an onside kick and drill the game winning field goal as time expires.

Reactions: Knight59
How about recover an onside kick and drill the game winning field goal as time expires.
What does that mean? I'm not taking about execution on low-percentage desperation plays. I'm talking about calling offensive plays that have a chance of working during the other 58 minutes.

That first touchdown... First and goal from the 1. We ran into the teeth of the defense 3 times. We were gifted an after-our-failure unsportsmanlike foul and got another chance, but that doesn't mean what we tried the first three times wasn't anything other than bad play calling.

We were put in good positions by breakaway runs, passes, and the turnover. That's not play calling, that's players succeeding in spite of play calling, like Harvey looking at the place he's supposed to run, and going somewhere else instead.

The players really played an amazing game today.

Again, for all the genius talk, I just don't see it and nobody can explain it to me.

After our last field goal we were basically 3 and outs (or close), not attacking the line to gain, until the last drive when we started to run something that looked like a normal offense.

So to answer your question, no, I don't want Gus to run out and pick up the onside kick.

Tell me how I'm off base here. Help me learn.

Have to really laugh at the blame for the worst 2 point call, yet not 1 second saying how the game was so close. If it was 'the players' well that means it was 1 or 2, 1 defense, and 1 the hated QB, that actually made the difference. I'm not a fan of Malzahn- which literally means 'bad tooth' but even I have got to say something happened between the last 2 crap games and this, and a ton don't want to say it's JRP, but we will never win a Big XII game with the back-up, sorry but that's been proven. Here's hoping Rizk is our future because... whatever. It will always be the bad HC, who I don't like,'s fault even tho we were supposed to never be in this game. From one who expected the same year we had in our first in the Big East, and that's what it was GDamit, GROW UP. We played well, and at least had a semi competent HC/ play caller to keep us in a game we shouldn't be in. Grow up. Now if next week is close or a L, CAN THE child of unmarried parents.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
Have to really laugh at the blame for the worst 2 point call, yet not 1 second saying how the game was so close. If it was 'the players' well that means it was 1 or 2, 1 defense, and 1 the hated QB, that actually made the difference. I'm not a fan of Malzahn- which literally means 'bad tooth' but even I have got to say something happened between the last 2 crap games and this, and a ton don't want to say it's JRP, but we will never win a Big XII game with the back-up, sorry but that's been proven. Here's hoping Rizk is our future because... whatever. It will always be the bad HC, who I don't like,'s fault even tho we were supposed to never be in this game. From one who expected the same year we had in our first in the Big East, and that's what it was GDamit, GROW UP. We played well, and at least had a semi competent HC/ play caller to keep us in a game we shouldn't be in. Grow up. Now if next week is close or a L, CAN THE child of unmarried parents.
These people have to understand it isn't easy to win football games in the P5, especially when UCF is not playing with a full deck. It is and will be a battle every week. Nothing is easy.

Walter Yates III was praised over and over for his play at LB. These people need to let that sunk in. Gus is having to rely on the Walter Yates III's of the world to hold a lead in the fourth quarter. (And don't get me wrong, Yates III gave UCF the best chance to win.)

It is just where the UCF football program is in 2023.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
These people have to understand it isn't easy to win football games in the P5, especially when UCF is not playing with a full deck. It is and will be a battle every week. Nothing is easy.

Walter Yates III was praised over and over for his play at LB. These people need to let that sunk in. Gus is having to rely on the Walter Yates III's of the world to hold a lead in the fourth quarter. (And don't get me wrong, Yates III gave UCF the best chance to win.)

It is just where the UCF football program is in 2023.
Stop the BS and get your head out of Gus' butt.....here's the truth as written in another post...

Players and Coaches (except for Gus) you guys stepped up and played the #6 team in the country down to the wire at their place. You showed up, played really hard and we're proud of you. Gus, when your team plays that well and that hard, you've got to figure out a way to win. That's your job. Everybody else stepped up now it's your turn. So far at UCF, you haven't figured it out. It's time you do.

“Supposed to never be in this game” is such a cop out that losers use. We were 17 point dogs (same as vs Baylor) precisely because we blew a 35-10 4th quarter lead vs Baylor and then got eviscerated by Kansas in a game we were favored. If we are lucky enough we can get blown out enough where we will never be expected to win again. Then when we don’t get blown out we can pat each other on the back for the great effort.

What does that mean? I'm not taking about execution on low-percentage desperation plays. I'm talking about calling offensive plays that have a chance of working during the other 58 minutes.

That first touchdown... First and goal from the 1. We ran into the teeth of the defense 3 times. We were gifted an after-our-failure unsportsmanlike foul and got another chance, but that doesn't mean what we tried the first three times wasn't anything other than bad play calling.

We were put in good positions by breakaway runs, passes, and the turnover. That's not play calling, that's players succeeding in spite of play calling, like Harvey looking at the place he's supposed to run, and going somewhere else instead.

The players really played an amazing game today.

Again, for all the genius talk, I just don't see it and nobody can explain it to me.

After our last field goal we were basically 3 and outs (or close), not attacking the line to gain, until the last drive when we started to run something that looked like a normal offense.

So to answer your question, no, I don't want Gus to run out and pick up the onside kick.

Tell me how I'm off base here. Help me learn.
Agreed. Gus seemed to change the offensive game plan in the 4th. We weren’t attacking, just trying to burn clock and stay close. Never does he go for the killing strike.

Agreed. Gus seemed to change the offensive game plan in the 4th. We weren’t attacking, just trying to burn clock and stay close. Never does he go for the killing strike.
Yes, and college teams (at least ours) aren't really built to kill clock in a lot of cases.

I'd even go as far to say that running the same offense slowly that worked at tempo isn't always going to work because it might only have been working because you were wearing out the defense differently.

This seems like the kind of stuff the genius millionaire coaches would work out.

Reactions: Yaes
I love UCF but a lot of our fans are unbearable. This is especially pronounced on this particular message board. I don’t post much but I appreciate reading your takes, Auburn Legacy.

Is that your first win over clemson? Congrats. Cristobawl tried to give it away at the end of regulation. But couldn’t pull it off this week.
Enjoy going winless the rest of the year. UCF boys 1-6 against P5 since 2022. Malzahn is REALLY going to do it for you people.

Enjoy going winless the rest of the year. UCF boys 1-6 against P5 since 2022. Malzahn is REALLY going to do it for you people.
Cool. We just got P5 status. And you are on a UCF message board at midnight bragging about a home win over an unranked team in overtime that moved you into a 3 way tie for 9th in the ACC. What’s your excuse?

Cool. We just got P5 status. And you are on a UCF message board at midnight bragging about a home win over an unranked team in overtime that moved you into a 3 way tie for 9th in the ACC. What’s your excuse?
lol— It’s totally laughable. This Massengill has zero life and lives to troll a board for a team he/she has absolutely no affiliation with whatsoever. I can count on zero hands how many times I’ve ever posted on another’s team’s sports’ boards. Yet this total d-bag loser is here everyday. lol You can’t make this stuff up! lol

So what? You people claimed a fake colley naty while playing in a G5 conference and beating nobody.

Fake 2017 colley champs now say that it’s their first year in P5 so it’s understandable that they are 0-4 in conference play. LMFAO.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Remember two weeks ago UCF can't compete with Baylor or Kansas because they are a G5 built team and need to wait years to be able to match up. Can't blame Gus.

This week Gus brilliantly figured out how to make lowly G5 players keep up with Oklahoma. Minus the trick plays where only P5 players can pull those off.*

This season is closer to 2015 than people would like to admit. Different coach, different QB and the team performance would significantly improved.

So what? You people claimed a fake colley naty while playing in a G5 conference and beating nobody.

Fake 2017 colley champs now say that it’s their first year in P5 so it’s understandable that they are 0-4 in conference play. LMFAO.
When was your last Colley title?

The only thing that upsets me about the game is the key plays that were in critical situations. I can forgive four three and outs the first few series because they were trying to see what was working but they consistently would adjust, get some success and then go right back to the stuff that wasn't working. As a fan it's hard to rectify the logic.

UCF fans trolling Miami message boards after beating an unranked team at home is also a loser move and should be ridiculed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT