ADVERTISEMENT

Where did the great Florida defense go?

Ucfmikes

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
It left when Grier got suspended. Yes.,, that's right, a bad offense = a tired defense. We all know about that at UCF, until both went bad.

don't think Muschamp ever got stomped that bad in a bowl game

Harbaugh is good

Cause it's a meaningless bowl game. Anything can happen. Many players start thinking about next season or the pros since they aren't playing for a conference or a national title anymore. Guess florida's players cared less about the game than Michigan.

It left when Grier got suspended. Yes.,, that's right, a bad offense = a tired defense. We all know about that at UCF, until both went bad.

Lol more Grier knob slobbing. It was there all season until the 4th quarter of the FSU game.

Cause it's a meaningless bowl game. Anything can happen. Many players start thinking about next season or the pros since they aren't playing for a conference or a national title anymore. Guess florida's players cared less about the game than Michigan.

Are you serious? That's one of the lamest excuses I have heard. It's one of the top bowls outside of the very best group and always has been. It's not like these Gators have even seen a bowl this good recently Thinking about the pros?? Maybe some pros will actually be looking at this game film.

With Grier = Top 10
Without Grier = Top 50

Can't believe we are circling back to this. He would have ucf in the access bowl.

Last edited:
With Grier = Top 10
Without Grier = Top 50

Can't believe we are circling back to this. He would have ucf in the access bowl.

Well you have a small brain so you can't comprehend that any competent qb could have taken the gators into the top 10. Not only Grier.

And lol no he would not have taken ucf to an access bowl. UCF doesn't have anyone like kelvin Taylor at RB, Calloway Robinson and McGee at receiver or the offensive ingenuity from UFs coaches.

Are you serious? That's one of the lamest excuses I have heard. It's one of the top bowls outside of the very best group and always has been. It's not like these Gators have even seen a bowl this good recently Thinking about the pros?? Maybe some pros will actually be looking at this game film.

Why? Because it diminishes what Houston did and what ucf did in 2013? Sorry but that's the truth

Nice try. It's the offense. Look at the time of possession. It was like double in Michigan's favor.

Are you talking about today or the season? You said the good defense left when Grier got suspended which was in October. Let's try one more time....

Why? Because it diminishes what Houston did and what ucf did in 2013? Sorry but that's the truth

Not sure what you're implying? You can't possibly be saying that Baylor wasn't trying. No way. That's just insane if you are.

Not sure what you're implying? You can't possibly be saying that Baylor wasn't trying. No way. That's just insane if you are.
I mean of course they weren't trying. They have a long history of winning big BCS type bowl games and couldn't be expected to get up for a non-national championship game. Oh wait...they have never won a major bowl? That's right. I must have confused them with Alabama.

Are you talking about today or the season? You said the good defense left when Grier got suspended which was in October. Let's try one more time....

Basically.., when the offense got bad because Grier left, the defense sufferered eventually because Harris is mediocre at best and pretty much hit his ceiling. Teams figured him out to game plan for him. On top of that, Grier wasn't A world beater, but he was a very good QB who was still improving.

Come on dude, give it up. Do you think the Gators lose 41-7 today with Grier? Maybe, but it's highly unlikely.

I mean of course they weren't trying. They have a long history of winning big BCS type bowl games and couldn't be expected to get up for a non-national championship game. Oh wait...they have never won a major bowl? That's right. I must have confused them with Alabama.

Hahaha! Yeah.. Bryce Petty does head over heel flip dives into the enzone just to show off his gymnast skill. Probably does it everday routinely at the local supermarket.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs

Oh., and Delvin Cook wasn't trying. Even though he got a major snub in the Heisman voting. Mcguire wasn't trying either. It was only his time to shine outside the shadows of past QBs on a near national stage.

Sorry., beating a dead horse to the max here.

Oh., and Delvin Cook wasn't trying. Even though he got a major snub in the Heisman voting. Mcguire wasn't trying either. It was only his time to shine outside the shadows of past QBs on a near national stage.

Sorry., beating a dead horse to the max here.

I didn't say every single player mailed it in but what incentive does a dinged up cook have?

Basically.., when the offense got bad because Grier left, the defense sufferered eventually because Harris is mediocre at best and pretty much hit his ceiling. Teams figured him out to game plan for him. On top of that, Grier wasn't A world beater, but he was a very good QB who was still improving.

Come on dude, give it up. Do you think the Gators lose 41-7 today with Grier? Maybe, but it's highly unlikely.

No they probably don't lose by that much or even at all. All I'm saying is the bucs won the Super Bowl not because of Brad Johnson. They won it all so does that mean Brad Johnson was an elite quarterback? Trent dilfer?

You all are making that suggestion with Grier.

It means they were close to making the playoff so that creates the possibility of a let down while UCF was craving that big stage that Baylor has been in throughout the season.

Do you really think Florida didn't care or try? The coach would kill them for less.

I think the defense was out of focus and uninspired today. I think they were fed up with the offense and having to be on the field all day. How can one put so much stock in a game that doesn't go toward the road to championship? They are near exhibition games.

It means they were close to making the playoff so that creates the possibility of a let down while UCF was craving that big stage that Baylor has been in throughout the season.
Baylor has never won a major bowl game so to say that they weren't pumped about their first and only trip to a BCS bowl game is pure lunacy. More like UCF had NFL talent at every skill position and veteran OL and defense in 2013. O'leary ball while being a major bore and allowing less talented teams to hang with UCF also provided the opportunity to shut down the spread gimmick offenses that teams like Baylor and Houston featured.

Baylor has never won a major bowl game so to say that they weren't pumped about their first and only trip to a BCS bowl game is pure lunacy. More like UCF had NFL talent at every skill position and veteran OL and defense in 2013. O'leary ball while being a major bore and allowing less talented teams to hang with UCF also provided the opportunity to shut down the spread gimmick offenses that teams like Baylor and Houston featured.

I'm not saying definitely that's why UCF won but it's possible Baylor wasn't as amped for that game.

Hahaha! Yeah.. Bryce Petty does head over heel flip dives into the enzone just to show off his gymnast skill. Probably does it everday routinely at the local supermarket.

Wa
I'm not saying definitely that's why UCF won but it's possible Baylor wasn't as amped for that game.

Watched at least 2 baylor players crying off the field. Give me a break.

And just weird that UF went from looking like a playoff contender to ultra sucking after grier left. That great Florida defense got torched too.

Wa

Watched at least 2 baylor players crying off the field. Give me a break.

And just weird that UF went from looking like a playoff contender to ultra sucking after grier left. That great Florida defense got torched too.

Shows how bad that QB who filled in is. Maybe they were seniors or possibly one of the ones who cared? Were they walk ons or players who played sporadically? Let downs do exist in bowls.

Shows how bad that QB who filled in is. Maybe they were seniors or possibly one of the ones who cared? Were they walk ons or players who played sporadically? Let downs do exist in bowls.

Poor Florida. Hey at least UTenn won and Bama is fighting for the National Title. That means more of that lady from Mulga on the Finebaum show.

Where did the great Florida defense go?

It was called a mostly pathetic SEC East...(even LSU didn't get that good of QB play this year either).

Michigan had just about an average Big Ten offense this year (ranked #6 in the conf), yet easily handled UF's so called great D.

After reading this I agree, Masterbaiter should be banned - for sheer stupidity.

After showing this comment to a few Gators in my office they agree he is an embarrassment to UF.

I'm sure now he's our old friend GatorKnight. Everyone put him on ignore and he supposedly left.

After UF QB threw the interception in the end zone on that drive to bring them back within one TD of Michigan things went bad UCFast :) College football is very much a game of emotion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT