ADVERTISEMENT

BH Knights 37

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2015
This is the earliest we have a chance to be a legitimate contender. Why? Offensive line play is horrible. Frost needs to recruit O-linemen for his scheme and they need 1-2 years before we can expect any consistency.

This (2018) is the earliest we have a chance to be a legitimate contender. Why? Offensive line play is horrible. Frost needs to recruit O-linemen for his scheme and they need 1-2 years before we can expect any consistency.

Then again...even this year...we easily could/should be 4-0 in conf play and be sitting in 1st place in our division so anything is possible.

New schemes take time to develop. This team will be fine. Going back to this summer I said that the offense would look really bad at times and every now and then you would see glimpses of what it will look like when it is all said and done. Right now we lack consistency, which should be expected. When the season started nobody on this board gave us a chance against Houston. We were very close today. This team has come a long way in a very short time. Remember, it was 58-10 last year. Most of our playmakers have about 2 or 3 years left. This year was always going to be a growing pains kind of year. But with 4 games to play, 3 at home, we have an opportunity to just get a split in the last 4 games and we can go bowling. That certainly beats my expectations for what I saw this year looking like. As far as 2018, Frost did recruit a couple of kids to the OL this past recruiting cycle and he got the one kid, I think from UVA. All 3 of those kids should be ready to contribute next year, and I think the UVA kid who didn't qualify up there is actually playing. Add Hudanek (sp?) and that is 4. Truthfully, you would probably like to have at least 8 lineman you can play, but those 4 should be pretty solid. Whatever happened to Heirs, the center that was supposed to be a beast? Did his back not heal? I read on here that he was in school at UCF, but that was the last I heard.

Then again...even this year...we easily could/should be 4-0 in conf play and be sitting in 1st place in our division so anything is possible.

Lol!!! And the UCiffing and delusion continues. Are you the same dude that said the Jaguars' issues aren't due to Bortles terrible play??

Are you the same dude that said the Jaguars' issues aren't due to Bortles terrible play??

Ah....no....entire Jags team has played terrible this year...including most games by Bortles too.

Hoping a new and competent coaching staff can help Blake turn around his career....either in Jax or somewhere else.

This is the earliest we have a chance to be a legitimate contender. Why? Offensive line play is horrible. Frost needs to recruit O-linemen for his scheme and they need 1-2 years before we can expect any consistency.
I think they know that. I and others here said before the season started that we only go as far as the weak, thin lines take us. As the season wears on, we lose starters and there's no quality depth there replace them. Fortunately, Hill and Connors were able to start, but Pittman hurting much of season. Temple, UConn, and Houston lines just overpowered ours the past 3 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT