ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Democrat hopefuls

how come none of these candidates have disavowed that last dozen US mass shootings commit by fellow lefties? they must support synagogues and shools being shot up

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...cancer-campaign-stop-ottumwa-iowa/1429287001/

Former Vice President Joe Biden says that he'll cure cancer if he's elected president.

Speaking at a campaign stop in Ottumwa, Iowa, on Tuesday he discussed losing loved ones before making his promise.

"A lot of you understand what loss is and when loss occurs, you know that people come up to you and tell you 'I understand' if you lose a husband, a wife, a son, a daughter, a family member," he said. "That's why I've worked so hard in my career to make sure that — I promise you if I'm elected president, you're going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we're gonna cure cancer."

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]
apparently joe biden himself is going to cure cancer, but only if we elect him president.... lololoolololoolooollolllllooolo

Trump said at the rally.

“We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others. And we’re getting closer all the time,” he added. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close."

Trump is going to cure cancer too, I can't wait for your post mocking him.

Trump said at the rally.

“We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases, including cancer and others. And we’re getting closer all the time,” he added. “We will eradicate AIDS in America once and for all and we’re very close."

it was stupid for joe and its stupid for trump. that said, trumps wording was a lot better than joes. that is probably a first.

joe implied that if hes elected cancer will be cured, if not it wont happen. trump worded it that we are getting closer and closer to figuring out cures. there is a small difference. i understand you want to pin this on trump but joes comments are objectively worse.

Trump said at the rally.

I know this is just another attempt from you at leftie Whataboutism but if you want us to actually compare these remarks, they aren't at all that comparable.

Biden said he'd cure cancer in his 4 or 8 years in the plural sense. He didn't qualify that, just said "cure cancer" which implies that he'll cure every form of cancer in less than a decade. In other words, he's pitting himself as slightly less full of miracles than Jesus Christ.

Trump said we'll find cures to many problems and many diseases - including cancer. That is probably too ambitious and is rosy political speak too, but the first part of his statement is a qualifier that he's not talking to "cancer" in the total plural sense. As for AIDS, there are treatments for HIV that have stopped the disease from becoming AIDS in most Americans now and there's promising near term research ongoing that would build the foundation for an actual HIV cure.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hiv-aids/cure#prevention

PS- thanks to the GOP Congress and Trump, we now have a Right to Try law that has already been credited for saving lives of people with cancer or prolonging their lives. A whopping 20 Democrats broke ranks to vote for this bill.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/millennial-cancer-joe-biden-trump-right-try-saved-life

Reactions: UCFWayne
it was stupid for joe and its stupid for trump. that said, trumps wording was a lot better than joes. that is probably a first.

joe implied that if hes elected cancer will be cured, if not it wont happen. trump worded it that we are getting closer and closer to figuring out cures. there is a small difference. i understand you want to pin this on trump but joes comments are objectively worse.

What am I pinning on Trump? I have no issue with his words, nor did I have any issue with Joe's words. You were the one who had a problem with Biden talking about curing cancer, so I was just curious if you were going to be consistent.

I know this is just another attempt from you at leftie Whataboutism but if you want us to actually compare these remarks, they aren't at all that comparable.

Biden said he'd cure cancer in his 4 or 8 years in the plural sense. He didn't qualify that, just said "cure cancer" which implies that he'll cure every form of cancer in less than a decade. In other words, he's pitting himself as slightly less full of miracles than Jesus Christ.

Trump said we'll find cures to many problems and many diseases - including cancer. That is probably too ambitious and is rosy political speak too, but the first part of his statement is a qualifier that he's not talking to "cancer" in the total plural sense. As for AIDS, there are treatments for HIV that have stopped the disease from becoming AIDS in most Americans now and there's promising near term research ongoing that would build the foundation for an actual HIV cure.

https://www.healthline.com/health/hiv-aids/cure#prevention

PS- thanks to the GOP Congress and Trump, we now have a Right to Try law that has already been credited for saving lives of people with cancer or prolonging their lives. A whopping 20 Democrats broke ranks to vote for this bill.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/millennial-cancer-joe-biden-trump-right-try-saved-life

Oh good lord. He was talking about putting in more money and efforts into finding a cure for cancer. Was it really that controversial a statement? The answer to that is no, it wasn't the least bit controversial except to partisan hacks. And, I have no problem with Trump's statement either.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
In the next 8 years, cancer will be cured in the same way that AIDS has been cured. Which is, people won't die nearly as much from it. It wont matter who is the president. Immunology research had advanced 100x in the last 8 years and it's already incredible what they are coming up with. That has nothing to do with a guy who eats McDonald's and well done steaks with ketchup or a senile old man who doesn't understand socially acceptable boundaries. The fact that either of them are possissioning to take credit for it is dumb as shit.

Oh good lord. He was talking about putting in more money and efforts into finding a cure for cancer. Was it really that controversial a statement? The answer to that is no, it wasn't the least bit controversial except to partisan hacks.
Which is why 85 made his nonsensical attempt to differentiate between their similar campaign pledges.

Biden said he'd cure cancer in his 4 or 8 years in the plural sense. He didn't qualify that, just said "cure cancer" which implies that he'll cure every form of cancer in less than a decade.
Or here’s a wild thought: Maybe he just said “cure cancer” because cancer is personal to him, not just a pandering campaign pledge. Joe’s son, Beau, died of brain cancer four years ago.

In the next 8 years, cancer will be cured in the same way that AIDS has been cured. Which is, people won't die nearly as much from it. It wont matter who is the president. Immunology research had advanced 100x in the last 8 years and it's already incredible what they are coming up with. That has nothing to do with a guy who eats McDonald's and well done steaks with ketchup or a senile old man who doesn't understand socially acceptable boundaries. The fact that either of them are possissioning to take credit for it is dumb as shit.

I can't wait to watch you totally break your own pledge to never vote for a centrist when you vote for that senile old man you referenced above.

that is something we can both agree on

Reactions: Crazyhole
that is something we can both agree on
They have made amazing advancements in Israel and Australia over the last few years. The real question is whether or not the FDA will ever approve of those treatments because chemo and radiation therapies are HUGE money makers for big pharma and hospitals. Insurance companies would be all over this but they don't have nearly as much clout in Washington so may as well forget about it.

Here's Joe Biden, fondly recalling the days when things were more "civil" in Congress and when he was best buds with segregationist Democratic Senators who had said that whites were entitled to the pursuit of dead ni**ers, in addition to a lot of other really racist stuff.

This guy is so Woke.

At the event, Mr. Biden noted that he served with the late Senators James O. Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia, both Democrats who were staunch opponents of desegregation. Mr. Eastland was the powerful chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee when Mr. Biden entered the chamber in 1973.

“I was in a caucus with James O. Eastland,” Mr. Biden said, slipping briefly into a Southern accent, according to a pool report from the fund-raiser. “He never called me ‘boy,’ he always called me ‘son.’”…

“Well guess what?” Mr. Biden continued. “At least there was some civility. We got things done. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. But today you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don’t talk to each other anymore.”

They have made amazing advancements in Israel and Australia over the last few years. The real question is whether or not the FDA will ever approve of those treatments because chemo and radiation therapies are HUGE money makers for big pharma and hospitals. Insurance companies would be all over this but they don't have nearly as much clout in Washington so may as well forget about it.

Hello, friggin Cuba has a lung cancer vaccine.

Oh good lord. He was talking about putting in more money and efforts into finding a cure for cancer. Was it really that controversial a statement? The answer to that is no, it wasn't the least bit controversial except to partisan hacks. And, I have no problem with Trump's statement either.
If you mean the latter, then I don't have a problem. But the US news media is out there saying all kinds of crap about Trump, when every President -- sans maybe W. -- promised such.

Holy cow, I found a USAtoday article on it and apparently it's a real thing. Don't totally understand why they call it a vaccine when it sounds more like a treatment for patients but regardless this is pretty amazing.

Yeah, when I heard about that it really increased my cynicism about healthcare in the US. How the hell is a country with 1/1000th of our GDP able to do something that advanced comparatively. Just doesn't make sense.

The Mayor Petey facade is fading and he’ll be toast within a few months. This was a very bad look for him within a party that sees racism in everything.

Yeah, when I heard about that it really increased my cynicism about healthcare in the US. How the hell is a country with 1/1000th of our GDP able to do something that advanced comparatively. Just doesn't make sense.
It's because the FDA is wrought with cronies for the pharma industry and us patent laws make it almost impossible for anyone to thread the needle. This is just speculation, but I would guess that there are dozens of more effective treatments for life threatening diseases like cancer that either the patents have been bought by Merck and Pfizer or can't get through FDA approval because the aforementioned companies have enough clout that they can stall it. When a guy like Brzynski has his offices raided by the FBI to sieze his documents and has to relocate to Mexico when he had far greater luck in treating patients than traditional methods, you know something isn't right.

Bernie has gone harder to the mat for Free Shit and has "promised" a $1.6 Trillion bill to erase all student loan debt, because student loan debt is so special and magical that it must be erased for these poor souls while we ignore all of the other debt that people hold which won't be erased by Santa Sanders.

Pathetic

It's because the FDA is wrought with cronies for the pharma industry and us patent laws make it almost impossible for anyone to thread the needle. This is just speculation, but I would guess that there are dozens of more effective treatments for life threatening diseases like cancer that either the patents have been bought by Merck and Pfizer or can't get through FDA approval because the aforementioned companies have enough clout that they can stall it. When a guy like Brzynski has his offices raided by the FBI to sieze his documents and has to relocate to Mexico when he had far greater luck in treating patients than traditional methods, you know something isn't right.

I honestly don't know enough about how any of this works to comment, and I definitely won't speculate myself on the causes, but it is incredibly fishy that we were beat this badly to such a life saving medical issue by whats essentially a third world country.

I honestly don't know enough about how any of this works to comment, and I definitely won't speculate myself on the causes, but it is incredibly fishy that we were beat this badly to such a life saving medical issue by whats essentially a third world country.
Basically how it works is that the big pharmacuetical companies use their resources to R&D on hundreds of different forms of treatment and as soon as they have a concept, they patent it. If they want to push it into the market then they go for FDA testing, if they don't then they sit on it and if someone else comes up with the same treatment they can sue to keep it coming to market for patent infringement. If they do bring it to market and a competitor wants in on it, they have to stay close enough to what the FDA has approved to be considered comparable but not so close that it becomes patent infringement. We just went through this a few years ago with someone who came up with a better and cheaper epi-pen but gave up because they knew they couldn't thread that needle.

It'll be interesting to see if this new cancer treatment can get through FDA testing and not be sued by someone who has already patented it. The most likely scenario is that one of the big players will pay a boatload of money to buy the rights to it and then sit on it because cures aren't as profitable as treatments.

Basically how it works is that the big pharmacuetical companies use their resources to R&D on hundreds of different forms of treatment and as soon as they have a concept, they patent it. If they want to push it into the market then they go for FDA testing, if they don't then they sit on it and if someone else comes up with the same treatment they can sue to keep it coming to market for patent infringement. If they do bring it to market and a competitor wants in on it, they have to stay close enough to what the FDA has approved to be considered comparable but not so close that it becomes patent infringement. We just went through this a few years ago with someone who came up with a better and cheaper epi-pen but gave up because they knew they couldn't thread that needle.

It'll be interesting to see if this new cancer treatment can get through FDA testing and not be sued by someone who has already patented it. The most likely scenario is that one of the big players will pay a boatload of money to buy the rights to it and then sit on it because cures aren't as profitable as treatments.

If what you are saying is true that is insane.

I couldn't imagine the pure evil required to keep life saving medication out of peoples hands just so I could pad my bank account.

It uses a mechanism called EGFR Inhibitor that causes the cancer cells to be starved of a growth protein. We have had drugs that target the same proteins available in the United States since at least 2015. In Cuba this costs $860 for the injection and in America ome brand of pills that do this cost $200 per pill. The monthly cost is much higher here.

For example, Roche distributes a pill version here. It is not in Roche's interest to import less valuable competition for their pill version of the same treatment. If anything they would buy it and kill it here.

lol well, that can't-miss superstar that the lefties here assured me would be the go-to choice after the Debates is fading fast and people are calling for him to resign from being Mayor.

He's angered African Americans throughout South Bend and now the police union called him a jackass for his wreckless remarks after this recent shooting.

After the fallout from a recent police shooting unleashed turmoil on South Bend, former Common Council president Derek Dieter has a message for Mayor Pete Buttigieg: “resign.”

“Because of Pete’s selfishness, in my opinion, he is still the mayor,” Dieter told the Washington Free Beacon. Dieter explained that if Buttigieg were to resign, a provisional mayor would be chosen in a caucus by city precinct leaders. A new mayor, Dieter said, would be able to devote greater attention to South Bend than Buttigieg as he is running for president.

lol well, that can't-miss superstar that the lefties here assured me would be the go-to choice after the Debates is fading fast and people are calling for him to resign from being Mayor.

He's angered African Americans throughout South Bend and now the police union called him a jackass for his wreckless remarks after this recent shooting.

After the fallout from a recent police shooting unleashed turmoil on South Bend, former Common Council president Derek Dieter has a message for Mayor Pete Buttigieg: “resign.”

“Because of Pete’s selfishness, in my opinion, he is still the mayor,” Dieter told the Washington Free Beacon. Dieter explained that if Buttigieg were to resign, a provisional mayor would be chosen in a caucus by city precinct leaders. A new mayor, Dieter said, would be able to devote greater attention to South Bend than Buttigieg as he is running for president.

Who assured you he was going to be the candidate?

@fried-chicken, @bqknight , and @DaShuckster basically assured everyone here that Mayor Petey was the next Barack Obama and that the nation would throw itself at his feet once they got to witness his greatness. Just go back and look at the old threads on this guy.
I like Mayor Pete but this South Bend incident was the worst possible thing to hit at the worst possible time. But that said, it's a long time before the start of the primary season.

Heck, I would have said Elizabeth Warren's candidacy was dead from the beginning of her "I'll have myself a beer" rollout. But according to the polls, she's gaining momentum.

Keep in mind this poster has 'witnessed the greatness' of Donald Trump so pardon me if I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

I like Mayor Pete but this South Bend incident was the worst possible thing to hit at the worst possible time. But that said, it's a long time before the start of the primary season.

Heck, I would have said Elizabeth Warren's candidacy was dead from the beginning of her "I'll have myself a beer" rollout. But according to the polls, she's gaining momentum.

Keep in mind this poster has 'witnessed the greatness' of Donald Trump so pardon me if I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Donald Trump is not "great" but he's far better than this band of nitwits.

Sorry to see you so teary eyed about your golden boy. You were practically popping wood every time he went on MSNBC a few months ago.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Donald Trump is not "great" but he's far better than this band of nitwits.
Yeah, I suppose this week's news of...
  • Another rape allegation (we're up to 26) leveled at him,
  • Trump's shameless less-congratulations over nixing a missile strike that every other President in history would have kept private, and
  • Reports of unsanitary conditions and widespread filth at our Detention centers...
are momentarily keeping him from the "great" category. But clearly this week has been a freakish anomaly, right guys? :)

Yeah, I suppose this week's news of...
  • Another rape allegation (we're up to 26) leveled at him,
  • Trump's shameless less-congratulations over nixing a missile strike that every other President in history would have kept private, and
  • Reports of unsanitary conditions and widespread filth at our Detention centers...
are momentarily keeping him from the "great" category. But clearly this week has been a freakish anomaly, right guys? :)

I know you're an ignorant moron but let's just correct more lies here: 1.) the NY Times leaked Top Secret information about that missile strike so you should be crying about them and 2.) Feel free to demand Democrats take border funding seriously and pass the humanitarian aid package that has been demanded for months now by CBP and HHS. It's not his fault that Congress has left our border professionals without the resources to both defend our border and house these mobs of people coming illegally.

And you again choose to read what you want, since I said "Donald Trump is not "great""

can you at least be honest? you were convinced he was going to be the candidate to beat. no need to lie about that.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
can you at least be honest? you were convinced he was going to be the candidate to beat. no need to lie about that.
Where exactly did I lie about Buttigieg?

I know you're an ignorant moron but let's just correct more lies here: 1.) the NY Times leaked Top Secret information about that missile strike
I guess this 'ignorant moron' just imagined Trump on TV self-congratulating himself over the decision to nix the missile strike.

Isn't it horribly incompetent that the military would provide our Commander-in-Chief with strike options without ever sharing the anticipated casualities?

Thank God Trump asked for that information, right guys? :)

Where exactly did I lie about Buttigieg?

I guess this 'ignorant moron' just imagined Trump on TV self-congratulating himself over the decision to nix the missile strike.

Isn't it horribly incompetent that the military would provide our Commander-in-Chief with strike options without ever sharing the anticipated casualities?

Thank God Trump asked for that information, right guys? :)

Maybe you should remove your head from your ass for a second and go back to the timeline of how and when we all learned about this missile strike.

Hint: it involves the NYT shamefully sharing Top Secret information

im sorry shooster, i was wrong. it was chicken that was crazy about buttigieg. you simply said you liked him.
No problem, Wayne. Fact is, I still like Buttigieg; in fact, I like him A LOT.

But unfortunately, Pete has gone from being unknown by the African American community to someone that the African American community is now wary of. That's not good.

But as I said before, it's still early. I'm sure you can probably find a quote around here from me saying that Warren doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of gaining the nomination. But now, she's arguably a betting favorite to beat Joe and Bernie.

Maybe you should remove your head from your ass for a second and go back to the timeline of how and when we all learned about this missile strike.

Isnt this an issue though? The NYT's didn't acquire this information on their own, somebody in the Trump administration leaked it to them, which has been happening throughout his presidency, and apparently still not fixed.

Maybe you should quit being such a dik and realize the NYT doesn't change one iota of what I said about Trump's self-promotion regarding a military decision.

Isnt this an issue though? The NYT's didn't acquire this information on their own, somebody in the Trump administration leaked it to them, which has been happening throughout his presidency, and apparently still not fixed.

Hmm, what could fix this? Oh, I know - the media's refusal to quit running these stories, paying their "sources", and soliciting these people to break the highest of laws in this nation to shamefully leak stuff to the press that has no business being leaked.

ADVERTISEMENT