ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

this is the arrogance I am taking about when some of our fans seem to want to help elevate them or play them OOC.
No one should want us to play them…..been there, beat that. We crushed them like 12 times in a row right? Seems like that anyway.

They are Marsha without the couch burning…..probably because the typical usf grad can’t afford furniture

Another coaching buy out and expensive new coaching search for duh*bulls...

Gregory USF men's bball coach fired.

Where they getting all this money? Nobody in the stands. But, gonna sink 22 million into stadium research?

Someone needs to audit that school over there. Some funny money stuff going on.

And some people want to bring that here too. Sigh ...

Would Kansas hire JD? Probably not. But we aren't Kansas.

S. Florida used to be fair at basketball, better than us (EDIT: I meant 15 years ago, not today)

Where they getting all this money? Nobody in the stands. But, gonna sink 22 million into stadium research?

Hence why I don't want to become S. Florida here.

If we keep firing coaches and showing no loyalty, it will happen here too. And then we'll be scrounging for wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight_Light

I keep asking this. how do they have this much money? something is not adding up

S. Florida used to be fair at basketball, better than us.

If we keep firing coaches and showing no loyalty, it will happen here too. And then we'll be scrounging for wins.
USF is not better than us. They’ve made tourney 3 times. We have 5 times.

Reactions: Poolside Knight

They are stealing money and funneling funds off the students as reported a few months ago. But yeah I have no idea, they have no fans and minimal donor support from what it seems.

I love their strategy of extending their coaches and then firing them the next year. Seems like sound financial practices.

S. Florida used to be fair at basketball, better than us.

This is a honest question. How many coaches have we fired? Haven't most been hired away? I think we could afford to fire a couple without ending up in usf country.

This is a honest question. How many coaches have we fired? Haven't most been hired away? I think we could afford to fire a couple without ending up in usf country.
That's where S. Florida started, among others.

3 million dollar buy out. Wowsa.

That’s the definition of genshafted.

I heard you can get Ph’d on Genshafting over there.

Where they getting all this money from?!?

• Haha
Reactions: Psycho Jim
They apparently just stroked a check for $22 million to get plans for a stadium drawn up.

Money not an object for da*Bools....😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UCFBS
Another thing I wonder.....supposedly there is a penalty of $2 million per game in damages if the contractor misses the completion date. So does this mean they expect $2 million in revenue for each game? If so, how are they going to service the debt on a $350 million stadium with that income?

Are they counting on getting into a major conference to pay for this....putting the cart before the horse, so to speak?

Another thing I wonder.....supposedly there is a penalty of $2 million per game in damages if the contractor misses the completion date. So does this mean they expect $2 million in revenue for each game? If so, how are they going to service the debt on a $350 million stadium with that income?

Are they counting on getting into a major conference to pay for this....putting the cart before the horse, so to speak?
Our AAC per game rake was 3 mil. The stadium can be rented out for other events to cover costs.

Of course they are....that is their whole MO, get things without working for them, won't suffer to get nice things.

They have always expected handouts, they think their ACC invite is imminent. They don't understand that media providers aren't accepting G5 backfills in the new media deals, the PAC whatever being the last possible exception only since their deal is twisting in the wind and media providers don't want to give SD St and SMU full shares.

usf just puts a bad football product on the field, no attendance, no TV ratings, no fan base. How much is a ESPN willing to pay for that?

That's where S. Florida started, among others.
That's where, name the many P5s that moved on from an adequate HC, Witchitaw is reported to be the latest- firing an AAC Coach of the Year, and moved on to greatness. Are you honestly saying a team has never benefited from moving on from a HC? By the way, just because you fire 1 coach in decades, doesn't mean you'll be firing them every 2 years.

Shhh, don't tell them. Those scrubs have boasted for years that they play in NFL stadium and we have an erector set. Just let them work that plan.
I know - I do remember when we were over the moon about getting our own home and traditions and they poo pooed us. Now, UCF is looking to expand the stadium after 15 years and they are still messing around with a stadium rendering from 2010. By the time they get to building this stadium, it will cost 2-3x what UCF has paid for both the initial stadium and upgrades. Who knows, maybe in 2030 they will get approval from the City and the Buccaneers to break their stadium lease. They need to be able to a whiff of a conference title before their fanbase returns. If they have any success with this new coach, we can annoy them with the #BuiltbyUCF hash tag.

If I'm not mistaken, Tulane is trolling them about their stadium. They are boasting that they are next in line for that ACC invite USF is eying. Tulane is ahead of USF in terms of facilities and fanbase at the moment. Not sure about any of you all but I will continue to watch AAC games and will root for ECU, Memphis, Tulane, and Tulsa. I'd like to see these teams just dominate the new 6 CUSA teams joining the conference. Especially ECU and Memphis. With UCF, Cinci, and Houston leaving only Tulane and Memphis have won the Conference since inception. UCF won 4, Cinci won 3, and Houston won 1. That leaves Memphis and Tulane as remaining members with Conference Titles.

Reactions: beelit47
I know - I do remember when we were over the moon about getting our own home and traditions and they poo pooed us. Now, UCF is looking to expand the stadium after 15 years and they are still messing around with a stadium rendering from 2010. By the time they get to building this stadium, it will cost 2-3x what UCF has paid for both the initial stadium and upgrades. Who knows, maybe in 2030 they will get approval from the City and the Buccaneers to break their stadium lease. They need to be able to a whiff of a conference title before their fanbase returns. If they have any success with this new coach, we can annoy them with the #BuiltbyUCF hash tag.

If I'm not mistaken, Tulane is trolling them about their stadium. They are boasting that they are next in line for that ACC invite USF is eying. Tulane is ahead of USF in terms of facilities and fanbase at the moment. Not sure about any of you all but I will continue to watch AAC games and will root for ECU, Memphis, Tulane, and Tulsa. I'd like to see these teams just dominate the new 6 CUSA teams joining the conference. Especially ECU and Memphis. With UCF, Cinci, and Houston leaving only Tulane and Memphis have won the Conference since inception. UCF won 4, Cinci won 3, and Houston won 1. That leaves Memphis and Tulane as remaining members with Conference Titles.
Temple won a title. 2016 I think. Our loss to them kept usf out of the title game.

Another thing they miss is that the OCS does not equal instant credibility. It took UCF almost 5 years to really start to see the increase in participation. GOL used to have all kinds of promotions for the students to get them to leave the tail gate and get into the stadium. It took a while for the actual game traditions to take hold and for fans to really bond with the program. Now there are long lines of students hoping to get in. So even if they get their OCS in 2026, unless they go on a UCF circa 2017 run in the next couple of years it will probably be 2030 or so before the OCS effect kicks in, especially now that they have downgraded their conference competition. They are going to really miss the War on I-4

I keep asking this. how do they have this much money? something is not adding up
They now have some AAC bailout $$ coming from UCF, UH and Cinci coming in...plus, they don't have an on-campus stadium to pay for.

cow u "lived" off those that left the Big East ($$$) and now they are trying to live off UCF, UH and Cinci too.

With the amount of $$$ cow u has wasted over the past 10-15 years on football/basketball coaching buyouts...they could have used all of those $$ to help push their on-campus stadium dreams.

They now have some AAC bailout $$ coming from UCF, UH and Cinci coming in...plus, they don't have an on-campus stadium to pay for.

cow u "lived" off those that left the Big East ($$$) and now they are trying to live off UCF, UH and Cinci too.

With the amount of $$$ cow u has wasted over the past 10-15 years on football/basketball coaching buyouts...they could have used all of those $$ to help push their on-campus stadium dreams.
The payout of the AAC money would not even pay debt service on the stadium for 4 months. $350M is over $2M a month in debt service. To put that in perspective our yearly debt service is around $3.6M on the stadium

Last edited:
Delicious

• Haha
Reactions: 90Knight and UCFBS
Delicious

What an idiot that guy is……LOL

• Haha
This one was pretty good too. Perspective on just how shitty we all knew they were…

Bullcocky

Posted Sunday at 12:05 AM

• Content Count: 134

On 3/18/2023 at 7:39 PM, Ghostbuster said:
It goes without saying for UCF, but I'm willing to bet FAU also has had more success in the major mens' programs than us over the past decade. (I know their bball team is good this year)
If our teams ever won enough to be shown and discussed more on TV...more people would know us. This is a symptom of athletics.
When I did the math about two years ago, when you combine the winning percentages of usf men's football, baseball, and basketball, we have the worst conference winning percentage and overall winning percentage of all schools that play those three sports at the d1 level. We also hold the longest streak without winning a conference title in this 3 sports of any school that plays those sports at the d1 level in ncaa history. So by the metric of winning in those three men's sports, we are the worst athletics program in the country at the d1 level. Pretty bad when you consider those schools with far less to work with.

Delicious

I am genuinely depressed after reading that first page alone. Well ... at least they are coming to grips. That's the first step in correcting the problem. It only took them 25+ years.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm laughing ... because it's true!
CowBoard1 said:
Years of deprioritizing winning and letting mediocrity become acceptable
CowBoard2 said:
mediocrity would be a huge step up

EDIT #2: Oh, it only gets better!
CowCoard11 said:
I even got a Go Bulls in an airport recently while wearing my green and gold Lightning hat. Things are usually never as bad, or in fairness as good, as some want to portray ......
CowBoard12 said:
I believe all the Go Bulls that we are receiving is due to academics…
CowBoard13 said:
I'm thinking cheerleading ....

EDIT #3: And now my new favorite (emphasis added) ...
CowBoard21 said:
I spent too **** much folding green on USF regalia to NOT wear it. But in the interest of full disclosure, I do have some NC State, Wake Forest, Carolina, and UNCC (or Charlotte if you prefer) attire, so my t-shirt drawer has already gone through conference realignment. Just waiting for the actual universities to catch up.

Last edited:
I am genuinely depressed after reading that first page alone. Well ... at least they are coming to grips. That's the first step in correcting the problem. It only took them 25+ years.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm laughing ... because it's true!

EDIT #2: Oh, it only gets better!

EDIT #3: And now my new favorite (emphasis added) ...
A True FAN! I have 1 Tulane hat, given to me on a cruise by Tulane fans, I routinely step on it as I walk into the closet (and I actually kind of like them--- even more now that they aren't in my conference), and 1 UF shirt (wife's family is THAT stupid), where If you were to ask me I could not tell you where the heck it is--- probably in my compost pile. So I'm going with, CowCoward as being a pathetic..................................................

OH do please name me 1 thing, just 1 thing more absolutely dumber than this..."I personally like South Florida as well, that name has moxy, USF is just another directional school. " "S" is 'directional' yet 'South' has BALLS! Please just 1 thing dumber than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not sure how to directly reference it, but it's an actual quote from ????? https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/166734-rough-day-at-the-sports-bar-today/page/8/#comments )

OH do please name me 1 thing, just 1 thing more absolutely dumber than this..."I personally like South Florida as well, that name has moxy, USF is just another directional school. " "S" is 'directional' yet 'South' has BALLS! Please just 1 thing dumber than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not sure how to directly reference it, but it's an actual quote from ????? https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/166734-rough-day-at-the-sports-bar-today/page/8/#comments )
PS by page 8 they've admitted their athletics absolutely suck.

I finally get why you guys read their pathetic page- check out page 6 top. "Really people were telling us how great the culture changed under CJS and the team was so close to turning a corner? Jeff Scott and BG get extended for stability and they were very stable at losing. You don't turn around an athletic department by extending losing coaches expecting them to turn into winners." the reply "WHATEVER"! and "....." It's enough already. We get it. You aren't happy. I have enough crap going on in my life and need this space for some entertainment."....." Thank God I didn't go to the trash heap of usf. We visited UCF, UF, FSU, and my mother refused to get out of the car when we went to usf,, and I agreed.

That Bullspen poster Bull Awakening has an IQ of at least 67.

I was wondering where someone like him works? I’m sure he hit the pinnacle his of incompetence a while ago stamping out license plates or greasing stripper poles at Mons Venus. Mowing yards or picking weeds is probably asking wayyyyyyy too much of him.

That Bullspen poster Bull Awakening has an IQ of at least 67.

I was wondering where someone like him works? I’m sure he hit the pinnacle his of incompetence a while ago stamping out license plates or greasing stripper poles at Mons Venus. Mowing yards or picking weeds is probably asking wayyyyyyy too much of him.
He might be Lobocane’s supervisor

You have to know this was sarcasm right? This guy (FriscoBull) is actually one of the more grounded fans they have. He was joking here, he trashes their school and calls them what they are regularly…absolute failures.

It's no longer just a couple of them realizing the program is in the toilet ... it's most of them.

The only thing I disagree with is hiring-firing coaches at rates they cannot afford. Strong was $4M/year and the Cows even tried to weasel out of his buy-out, despite Strong kicking a lot of kids off the team from the Taggart years and the graduation rates under Taggart and Taggart's recruits being the worst (~12%) since The Jim (~8%).

They need to build a program with the right facilities and kids. We did that. They are way, way late to the party.

They also didn't have the Division III and II + I-AA years, the latter where we were regularly ranked in the top 10. That built a culture of 20K+ attendance. They really don't have the 'die hards' like us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT