ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

The Big 12 doesn't have a tie-in there (from what I read), but I keep hearing this. Is there something I'm missing?
Big 12 has more teams that can get a bowl than tie ins. Even if you count CFP and NY6. Really only need 5 wins if enough teams don’t have 6 wins to fill slots. They have to go somewhere.

Reactions: OtterKnight
cfbweek13.png

Lowest ratings of the week! #bullsPeedahead

That’s more people than was at the game 😂 funny thing is they will blame Charlotte for this. Troy and S Miss nearly doubled them hahaha this is funny.
This was the prgram who bragged about havibg better attendance numbers than ucf after they sold out rayjay for bama. Funny how those averagea went way down once they began their sunbelt conference schedule

Reactions: U C to the F
This was the prgram who bragged about havibg better attendance numbers than ucf after they sold out rayjay for bama. Funny how those averagea went way down once they began their sunbelt conference schedule
Everyone tuned in on tv just to see USF. Wonder what happened when they played Charlotte. 15K Charlotte fans watched.

Yeah, 17k viewers…..but yet according to the myopian fanbase it is the school all P5 leagues are fighting over. And after qualifying for a Bowl game for the first time in like a decade, the myopian fever is rampant on the crap pen…..and incredibly funny :)

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Yeah, 17k viewers…..but yet according to the myopian fanbase it is the school all P5 leagues are fighting over. And after qualifying for a Bowl game for the first time in like a decade, the myopian fever is rampant on the crap pen…..and incredibly funny :)
There’s no excuse since it was played on ESPNU too. Everyone should have that with any live tv package. They literally have no fan interest and can no longer blame it on CJS and ineptitude.

Here is a typical post showing how delusional they are....

Rizman

Posted 22 hours ago
22 hours ago, John Lewis said:
Saw J. Knight's tweet last night about Bianchi pushing for the War on I 4 game. I decided to look at Bianchi's tweet replies and it seems that UCF fans want to be in the Pop Tarts Bowl and play Miami.
Of course they do. They know playing us would be better for them but they are willing to do anything to not help their program.

They let hate rule them.

There are a couple who get it and realize that a rivalry game that draws could make the Big12 want to add them. But they have so much entitled hate that they would rather go down with the ship than do what’s in their best interest. They rather a S Alabama or Coastal Carolina match up as opposed to the opportunity to play a P4 and more exposure. It’s silly.

I also like the ones who don’t want the cure bowl simply b/c it’s played at UCFs stadium. Why the hell would you care so much?

I don't want to play usf for exactly that reason... I'm afraid a big draw rivalry game would make the conference think about adding them. After all, 17,000 eyes is very enviable.

Reactions: Knight59
I think they still have to pay $22 mil for it just to back out right hahaha? God I hope so, that would be so usf. Or at least a large portion of that, def an 8 figure move for nothing. 😂
A clause in the design-build agreement gave USF the ability to terminate the deal without penalty before a final price was decided. The design-builder was required to prepare a guaranteed maximum price proposal after 75% of the construction documents were complete, with a notice to proceed to construction due by June 30, 2024.

• Wow
Reactions: knight_tracker
So basically what they want is too expensive and usfif can't affort the tah mahal they're dreaming of. No way they budge and build anything near our stadium out of pride. Should have done that $hit years ago but you followed Judy and got shafted. Roll in that doo-doo usfif and enjoy the aac, and your destiny.

“The on-campus stadium project continues to move forward, and nothing has changed regarding the cost or the university’s commitment to the project. "

A clause in the design-build agreement gave USF the ability to terminate the deal without penalty before a final price was decided. The design-builder was required to prepare a guaranteed maximum price proposal after 75% of the construction documents were complete, with a notice to proceed to construction due by June 30, 2024.
So you are saying usf just completely screwed over this company who undoubtedly put in hundreds of hours of work and paid nothing? They had to of had to pay something, this was like a years worth of work. I thought they paid the $22 mil months ago, at least that was what was eluded to.

Who would ever make an out clause like that?

So you are saying usf just completely screwed over this company who undoubtedly put in hundreds of hours of work and paid nothing? They had to of had to pay something, this was like a years worth of work. I thought they paid the $22 mil months ago, at least that was what was eluded to.

I was quoting the article, sorry for not making that clear.

From what I’ve read, the company was fairly new to the Tampa Bay market so they might have been willing to give up a very generous contract, hoping once they prove they’re worth they would not get backed out on. I worked for a start up that frequently gave kick out clauses six months into the contract because we were willing to risk six months of implementation work instead of having to wait another two years to get the contract signed.

Generally speaking large companies won’t use those clauses because they’d have to start over. Rarely are middle management folks brave enough to say I screwed up vendor selection after a 2 year RFP. So it’s a worthwhile risk to offer those types of things imo.

Reactions: B R Knightz2
So this pretty much makes a delay in construction very likely?

I think I said this early in this thread but it is clear that USF wasn’t planning this and Weatherford pushed the issue in a rage after seeing the UCF Big12 news break. His first public comments was the same weekend

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightNite
Curious to know how interest rates are affected. I read they got a 5.5% rate or something, but now interest rates are in the 7-8% range. I know residential is very different than business, I think you have a 30-60 day window for home mortgages, but can or will a financial institution let them carry that low of a rate with massive delays like this?

Curious to know how interest rates are affected. I read they got a 5.5% rate or something, but now interest rates are in the 7-8% range. I know residential is very different than business, I think you have a 30-60 day window for home mortgages, but can or will a financial institution let them carry that low of a rate with massive delays like this?
Government entities get different terms and rates than residential mortgage loans. Basically, you have a lot more assurance that the governments aren't going to default than you do with Joe Homeowner who will walk away if his home value goes down.

Some of them see what is going to happen ..spending like they are getting 30 million a year in tv money instead of 7

So basically what they want is too expensive and usfif can't affort the tah mahal they're dreaming of. No way they budge and build anything near our stadium out of pride. Should have done that $hit years ago but you followed Judy and got shafted. Roll in that doo-doo usfif and enjoy the aac, and your destiny.
Yet another example of letting hate rule them as someone else said. They can't even conceive of building a more modest stadium because the main reason they're building one at all is to have something "better" than us.

Going to be real funny when we finish our stadium upgrades before theirs even breaks ground.

Weatherford now claiming he got renderings to show Tuesday
I saw that. But how is he showing renderings if they just fired the design firm? I’d imagine they need to start over, unless they are going to show whatever renderings of the fired firm that won’t be the actual design just to shut those losers up? As in the renderings they can’t afford lol.

I saw that. But how is he showing renderings if they just fired the design firm? I’d imagine they need to start over, unless they are going to show whatever renderings of the fired firm that won’t be the actual design just to shut those losers up? As in the renderings they can’t afford lol.
From what I understand from the article and other interweb info they still have the architect on contract, just not the design build firm. Looks like they are changing the design/construction method to something they have more control over.

Either way, there is still plenty of time for #BullsPeedAhead shenanigans...

So what, there's at outside hint that we could maybe have a 2nd on campus stadium before usf even has 1?

It would be terrible if we got one that didn't bounce and killed something fantastic. Would be hilarious if it was forced into the contract that the new one must be able to bounce.
springs under the seats?

Article states that the Cows had to pay the firm
for the work that they completed. So now they have to pay the new firm to do the same work. Their debt is going to be ridiculous!

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT