ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

In addition to how many former coaches are they still paying for? 😂
I think they are paying for 1 until the end of the season - I thought they said they only had to pay Scotty an additional year. The article said they were on the hook for paying about $22MM. Whether this was fees already billed or to be billed, it did not break it down. What I find entertaining is that they don't want to build a conservative stadium to get their own home. They want that final home. I liken it to buying your first home. Sure it might not have all of the bells and whistles but its your home and after a couple of years, you add on to it. They make fun of our home but I cannot take them seriously when they are renting an apartment at RayJay.

Reactions: UCFsbarro
I think they are paying for 1 until the end of the season - I thought they said they only had to pay Scotty an additional year. The article said they were on the hook for paying about $22MM. Whether this was fees already billed or to be billed, it did not break it down. What I find entertaining is that they don't want to build a conservative stadium to get their own home. They want that final home. I liken it to buying your first home. Sure it might not have all of the bells and whistles but its your home and after a couple of years, you add on to it. They make fun of our home but I cannot take them seriously when they are renting an apartment at RayJay.
The collapse of the Big East was just so devastating to them. Playing in a rented stadium that was full when you were getting BCS AQ money made sense. It takes a lot of humble pie to now do the thing they mocked us for doing when they were on top and we were not. However, it's been 10 years now of being non-AQ/G5, when they were 9 years AQ before that.

I keep thinking that it could've easily been us, had the MAC days been better and we had been the ones to get the Big East invite. Sure we had the "built over time" fanbase that people talk about, so we'd have done some better, but going from being one of the haves to a have-not hasn't really been good for any program.

Weatherford and USF have a deranged obsession with us

When have UCF BOT ever used their meetings to take shots at other schools?

Small time and reactionary . They now say the stadium is delayed till 2027

• Haha
Reactions: muckdawg24
funny thing is it doesn't look like the palace they were envisioning. this is not a fully concrete structure, i don't care what anyone says, they don't look like this.

image.png.a2a1b53fb1beb160eee2a8ec9357b5e6.png

i'm sure more concrete will be used like on the walking surfaces, etc so it doesn't bounce, but that looks like a steel structure underneath.

edit, you can see it more clearly on the right side.

GAmIfF5WQAE6uJG

Reactions: ucfmba2k2

They are right in the sense that it will be an overpriced high school sized facility.

Every thing else falls right into their delusional nature….they want a NFL type of stadium on AAC money

that's why they fired that construction company. what do you mean we can't build a fully concrete stadium with all the modern amenities for this price? steel, high school stadium steel? ?? WTF, F YOOOOOU.

then they go to the design company who wasn't fired after they calmed down, at least make sure it doesn't bounce, have more concrete than those Fers at C.

They are right in the sense that it will be an overpriced high school sized facility.

Every thing else falls right into their delusional nature….they want a NFL type of stadium on AAC money
they need to be studied on unearned arrogance

they are now in a conference with UAB and Rice & they are talking about UCF doing things the wrong way. To the fans that want to schedule and play them again just listen to their administration

tulane's stadium cost $73M. i think if dant clayton had the same hybrid system available back when we did ours in 2006, that's how it would have been built . i think they came up with the system for tulane because of the experience with ours.

The collapse of the Big East was just so devastating to them. Playing in a rented stadium that was full when you were getting BCS AQ money made sense. It takes a lot of humble pie to now do the thing they mocked us for doing when they were on top and we were not. However, it's been 10 years now of being non-AQ/G5, when they were 9 years AQ before that.

I keep thinking that it could've easily been us, had the MAC days been better and we had been the ones to get the Big East invite. Sure we had the "built over time" fanbase that people talk about, so we'd have done some better, but going from being one of the haves to a have-not hasn't really been good for any program.
I don't think it would have been us - we have had a loyal fanbase through the 90s. When Culpepper attended, we had a fanbase of about 20K. That fanbase has always been rowdy too - the infamous noise penalty vs Troy is proof. Now we celebrate the noise! I think the issue with USF is they grew too fast too quickly. The program started in 98 was AQ by 2006ish and there was little to no infrastructure built during that time. Meanwhile, the stadium that USF looks down on is what our program coalesced around. I think it was the foresight from our leadership that has made the difference. So Hitt, GOL, and continuous leadership at our university has made the difference.

And they would have said the same thing 10 years ago, even after we just won the Fiesta Bowl…..Glad that P5 conferences can see through the BS.

A guy just today on the Crap pen says that usif compares favorably with all 4 invitational teams…..and nobody disagreed.
that made me think about the 4 invitational teams, is this the first time all 4 are U of State Name?

And they would have said the same thing 10 years ago, even after we just won the Fiesta Bowl…..Glad that P5 conferences can see through the BS.

A guy just today on the Crap pen says that usif compares favorably with all 4 invitational teams…..and nobody disagreed.
That site has devolved to just usf diehards who see everything in the light most favorable to usf. Any dissenting opinions are deleted and never to be heard of again.

I don't think it would have been us - we have had a loyal fanbase through the 90s. When Culpepper attended, we had a fanbase of about 20K. That fanbase has always been rowdy too - the infamous noise penalty vs Troy is proof. Now we celebrate the noise! I think the issue with USF is they grew too fast too quickly. The program started in 98 was AQ by 2006ish and there was little to no infrastructure built during that time. Meanwhile, the stadium that USF looks down on is what our program coalesced around. I think it was the foresight from our leadership that has made the difference. So Hitt, GOL, and continuous leadership at our university has made the difference.
It is cool that despite the time that has passed the culture and vibe at UCF has always been fun.

USF has always had a drive thru stale culture

With "and nobody disagreed." is that because they agree with the statement or nobody there bothered to read the post because their fanbase is non-existant?

With "and nobody disagreed." is that because they agree with the statement or nobody there bothered to read the post because their fanbase is non-existant?
That board has more traffic than this one so who the hell knows? They are all delusional. They are like a guild of fast food workers.

this one also reminds me of their indoor facility. after years of talking shit about our 2005 facility as an airplane hangar, etc. they had grand visions of some concrete building with a fancy facade, etc. etc. then nearly 20 years later they build an airplane hangar with the only difference being a lobby in front. reality always gets in their way.

Last edited:
That board has more traffic than this one so who the hell knows? They are all delusional. They are like a guild of fast food workers.
I didn't think their traffic was that much higher as its only 4-5 people that post there. Looks like they are going to set the bar higher next year, they want 10 wins because they will have the best portal class in the conference (https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/171739-transfer-portal/page/15/#comments). Expectations are good, however, they need to be realistic. I thought they would be a 6-7 team this year but its looking like they could go 7-6. I think next year they will remain consistent as Golesh is still laying the foundation for the program. If he has a good 10 win season, he will be the new coach for some bigger program and they will be back to where they were 2 years ago, struggling with mediocrity. Personally, I want them to find success only for UCF to crush it like they did in 2017.

My expectations for UCF next year are that we go 8-4 in the regular season and get to play in a bigger bowl game. In 2 seasons, I expect UCF to be in the race for a championship. I think it will take us 2 years worth of recruiting and laying the foundation to be the top dogs. We need to find a new QB, we need to see improvement on the line, and we need to see the defense stop the run. I think UF will be our major test to see if we are going to be pushing for the conference championship.

Last edited:
with how much this fanbase has developed it is surprising that we don’t have multiple fan communities

247 is dead, No ON3, I think UCF has a good number of fans on the CFB subreddit but that isn’t UCF specific

Reactions: KRH55
with how much this fanbase has developed it is surprising that we don’t have multiple fan communities

247 is dead, No ON3, I think UCF has a good number of fans on the CFB subreddit but that isn’t UCF specific
message boards are so 90's man

I guess there’s a reason that UCF is known to have a twitter mafia. That’s where everyone is I guess

This is the best. I have always argued that their entire OCS issue was UCF driven. When they did their survey in 2017 one of the main points is that they did not want a stadium like UCF's. I guarantee that had they even gone the FAU route in 2017 their whole culture is changed. But here we are 6 years later and their renderings are suspect/erector in nature and the words they utter is "it will not bounce".

This is the best. I have always argued that their entire OCS issue was UCF driven. When they did their survey in 2017 one of the main points is that they did not want a stadium like UCF's. I guarantee that had they even gone the FAU route in 2017 their whole culture is changed. But here we are 6 years later and their renderings are suspect/erector in nature and the words they utter is "it will not bounce".
And it will be as well remembered as W. Michigan's stadium nickname. Meanwhile, everyone who comes to a UCF game will always remember the Bounce House.

I like that ours bounces! Its fun! It was "entertaining" when it first happened. I remember my mom freaking out and my dad (engineer) just laughing about it. Then watching it on TV and seeing the cameras shake - it brings you into the game!

I love how they are too good for the Big12 and shit all over it just b/c we were promoted to it. It’s hilarious. Would be one thing if they were in another P4 league and shitting on the Big12, but their asses are in the AAC, had a CUSA team make the NY6 over their conference champ (who is also leaving that shit pike conference next year).

If you can dream it! You can do it!

For a group fans rooting for a program that has literally won nothing, not a division, not a conference, not a big time bowl, they sure do have this strange lack of self awareness. There is an entitlement about them that I never quite understood . College athletics and football still at its core is about merit . MERIT is earned on the field. In general many UCF fans are grounded in who we are , where we have been and hopeful about our future. Those guys, well, it's like they are so lost and don't even know it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT