ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

Wonder if Titus will stay. I would assume that DG is the only reason he came here considering we didn’t even have a coach when he committed.

• Wow
Reactions: FoxKnight
Awesome, this is actually good news to some/most of Knight Nation.
Curious to that thought process. He is a good qb but needed some more fine tuning. Is it a locker room issue? Like I said, if he doesn’t want to be here then Fine by me. I root for my school and program and not an individual player. He had a lot of nice stats and can throw a deep ball but in the end he won nothing

Last edited:
Curious to that thought process. He is a good qb but needed some more fine tuning. Is it a locker room issue. Like I said, if he doesn’t want to be here the. Fine by me. I root for my school and program and not an individual player. He had a lot of nice stats and can throw a deep ball but in the end he won nothing
I've talked to a good amount of Knight fans and the overall consensus is while he had nice stats, he never won the big games and we never won any championships with him as the lead. At this point, we would only have him for a yr or two max. Why keep him here when we can develop newer QB that will be with us 3/4yrs+ esp when it matters (2023 Big12 and the UF games)?

It's obvious there were locker room problems, probably between him and Guz. Guz is here to stay, DG is not. Guz is bringing in new recruits which are actually trying to recruit other players as well (heard Castellanos is recruiting other players). At this point, rather have Guz's real core crew come in and be happy instead of journeyman DG who didn't do much for us and is now apparent that he didn't want to be here.

I've talked to a good amount of Knight fans and the overall consensus is while he had nice stats, he never won the big games and we never won any championships with him as the lead. At this point, we would only have him for a yr or two max. Why keep him here when we can develop newer QB that will be with us 3/4yrs+ esp when it matters (2023 Big12 and the UF games)?

It's obvious there were locker room problems, probably between him and Guz. Guz is here to stay, DG is not. Guz is bringing in new recruits which are actually trying to recruit other players as well (heard Castellanos is recruiting other players). At this point, rather have Guz's real core crew come in and be happy instead of journeyman DG who didn't do much for us and is now apparent that he didn't want to be here.
Makes sense. You are correct that we haven’t won anything with him here. Hope he realizes the grass is not always greener.

Just have a nasty feeling he made this decision last year when Lebby wasn't hired. Stay a year, put up big numbers than walk in because Lebby already has his QB for 2021.

Not sure what you define as “big game”, but he beat our rival twice, won a bowl, beat 2 P5 schools through his true sophomore season. This year he beat Boise. I mean if you constrict the definition of big game to only Cincy then I agree, he is 0-2 in those games. But we are losing by 3 rather than 30.

This is a big loss.
Maybe in style points but DG lost 4 last year, 1 this year. The left overs lost 3 this year. Seems to be the same, except for style points, and yes I realize the remaining QBs seem to not have a clue a lot, but it's not like we were close to being undefeated with DG. I'd rather he be here, but 4 losses. 2020 Knigts wiki. says it best "After consecutive undefeated regular seasons in 2017 and 2018, the Knights were looking for their third consecutive conference championship, and third consecutive appearance in a New Year's Six bowl game. However........"

Reactions: KnightLife1
Maybe in style points but DG lost 4 last year, 1 this year. The left overs lost 3 this year. Seems to be the same, except for style points, and yes I realize the remaining QBs seem to not have a clue a lot, but it's not like we were close to being undefeated with DG. I'd rather he be here, but 4 losses. 2020 Knigts wiki. says it best "After consecutive undefeated regular seasons in 2017 and 2018, the Knights were looking for their third consecutive conference championship, and third consecutive appearance in a New Year's Six bowl game. However........"
Are you capable of understanding context? The team without him is nowhere near as good. All losses are not created equal. We had 6 teams on the schedule that will end up 3-9 or worse. Last year we were respectable in losses to teams at the top of the conference. Not so much this year.

Are you capable of understanding context? The team without him is nowhere near as good. All losses are not created equal. We had 6 teams on the schedule that will end up 3-9 or worse. Last year we were respectable in losses to teams at the top of the conference. Not so much this year.
Cinci was still a game in the 4th quarter

this year Cinci and SMU were over after 5 minutes

Cinci was still a game in the 4th quarter

this year Cinci and SMU were over after 5 minutes
We led Cincy in the 4th quarter and had the ball. That’s when they got the tipped pass int off MW hands and punched in a touchdown that swung the game.

Not sure what you define as “big game”, but he beat our rival twice, won a bowl, beat 2 P5 schools through his true sophomore season. This year he beat Boise. I mean if you constrict the definition of big game to only Cincy then I agree, he is 0-2 in those games. But we are losing by 3 rather than 30.
Big game = Meaningful game

Lost to:

- P5 unranked Pittsburgh (we were ranked before this game/become unranked after this loss)
- Cinci
- Tulsa

- Cinci/Tulsa (again)
- Memphis finally beats us
- Lose terribly in bowl game to BYU

- Louisville

I think the only major game I would say he came through for us was Boise and would subsequently go on to lose major Louisville game. Nice he was able to have amazing stats against the Uconns and usfs of the world but when a game matter, he never came through like KZ or Bortles. And we have 0 AAC championships or even divisional titles to show for it. Again I'm happy and I'm sure others are too.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Big game = Meaningful game

Lost to:

- P5 unranked Pittsburgh (we were ranked before this game/become unranked after this loss)
- Cinci
- Tulsa

- Cinci/Tulsa (again)
- Memphis finally beats us
- Lose terribly in bowl game to BYU

- Louisville

I think the only major game I would say he came through for us was Boise and would subsequently go on to lose major Louisville game. Nice he was able to have amazing stats against the Uconns and usfs of the world but when a game matter, he never came through like KZ or Bortles. And we have 0 AAC championships or even divisional titles to show for it. Again I'm happy and I'm sure others are too.
So it’s only a big game if he loses? Why is Louisville a big game but not Stanford or Georgia Tech? Makes no sense. To me a big game is a trophy game or a game against a P5 team as a G5. Or a ranked matchup or a CCG.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Anybody who measures a QB predominantly by wins and losses does not understand sports. With Dillon in the game, we always had a chance to come back if we were down. You knew that once we were down a couple of scores against Cinci and SMU this year, we were toast. Heck, remember the first game of the season when we were down 21 to Boise? That remains a blowout with Mikey playing.

Right now what you saw out of Keene vs USF is the current future. With the hope of someone else coming in.

I guess I didn’t watch this year…? I think it’s a loss, but not a huge one. DG was not KZ
If you think that the offense without DG was anywhere near what it was with him, then I agree, you weren’t watching closely.

Y'all are missing the possibility that it was positions other than QB that resulted in poor performances. DG is good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT