ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

If DG is their starter all year I think he does fine. Elite deep passer, definitely developed an ability to run, and Lebby will get the most out of him. For me, the question is if he starts.

Also, DG had a legit "dumb and dumber" haircut to begin 2020. Looked at least a little sillier than this... Though I have recently realized I'm a middle aged white guy so have to admit I don't know what's cool. Can't find a picture.

Reactions: U C to the F
Why is the board commenting on the appearance of a former player. Its become obvious some will follow his games and stats in hopes to say he is a failure and has a bad life because he no longer wanted to play for UCF.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Not from a player standpoint, no of course I can’t blame them. But from the standpoint this is getting out of hand and essentially not an amateur sport any longer, no one playing for a school or having loyalty, no passion…yes that part is sickening. MLB has the minor leagues, NBA has whatever they have (D league, overseas). Using your name image and likeness is one thing, but what we have and have seen is something totally different. It’s a pay for play, legalized and already corrupt af…it’s only just gotten started.
Loyalty? Please…..Players should look out for their best interest…especially when there’s no loyalty from fickle fans who go off on critical rants about them and call for them to get replaced every other post they make. …programs cut players and let them know they’re no longer wanted as soon as they figure out the player can’t help them win….this is a business…not social work…I’m all for players getting everything they can…loyalty isn’t a one way street only benefitting schools and their immature, self centered fans…Players should profit every way they can and programs should continue to recruit them and make it worth their while to stay…that is, if they want to keep them…they’re not doing that with players for which they want to free up a scholarship…where‘s the loyalty in that?

Last edited:
If DG is their starter all year I think he does fine. Elite deep passer, definitely developed an ability to run, and Lebby will get the most out of him. For me, the question is if he starts.

Also, DG had a legit "dumb and dumber" haircut to begin 2020. Looked at least a little sillier than this... Though I have recently realized I'm a middle aged white guy so have to admit I don't know what's cool. Can't find a picture.
If he’s starter whole year yes. But I think if he loses a game in the first 5 the fans will demand him benched and probably get it.

Why is the board commenting on the appearance of a former player. Its become obvious some will follow his games and stats in hopes to say he is a failure and has a bad life because he no longer wanted to play for UCF.
He was recruited to UCF and started over 2 years. Ofcourse he will be followed and watched by ucf fans

If he’s starter whole year yes. But I think if he loses a game in the first 5 the fans will demand him benched and probably get it.
If he’s benched, it won’t be because message boards fans are calling for his replacement..it’ll be because the coach has decided another player may give him a better chance of winning...some message board fans over estimate their influence..coaches could care less who fans think should start

Reactions: Wings0fred
After watching Gabe Davis at Buffalo I am thinking that DG had a ton of talent around him. Wondering if he can continue with his deep ball threat without that kind of talent

If he’s benched, it won’t be because message boards fans are calling for his replacement..it’ll be because the coach has decided another player may give him a better chance of winning...some message board fans over estimate their influence..coaches could care less who fans think should start
I didn’t say Message Board. But big donors have a pretty big influence at OU. They benched Rattler who was a Heisman Candidate.

Reactions: Knight Strength
DG has up to 3 years of eligibility

I didn’t say Message Board. But big donors have a pretty big influence at OU. They benched Rattler who was a Heisman Candidate.
You said “ the fans”….not big time boosters…”the fans” is equivalent to message board, trivial fans..what O’Leary called “faceless internet weasels”

He was recruited to UCF and started over 2 years. Ofcourse he will be followed and watched by ucf fans
Difference between following him and mocking his haircut and appearance. Don't think anyone follows Milton's choice of hairstyle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wings0fred
Difference between following him and mocking his haircut and appearance. Don't think anyone follows Milton's choice of hairstyle or mocked his height.
the scale of the pic w the kid made it look that way . Calm down wet blanket

You said “ the fans”….not big time boosters…”the fans” is equivalent to message board, trivial fans..what O’Leary called “faceless internet weasels”
Ok but they are fans. Powerful ones. Not T shirt hillbilly in the trailer park but still fans.

FJVN5_eVgAAifUU
Lebby getting cozy with another qb

I consider myself a UCF homer, but suggesting Oklahoma can't compete with our talent is absurd.

Last edited:
I consider myself a UCF homer, but suggesting Oklahoma can't compete with our talent is absurd.

I think he's implying Dillon Gabriel will suck without someone like Gabe Davis, though he had better stats after Davis left for NFL. Or that Oklahoma can't recruit UCF level WR deep threats like Jaylon Robinson... err, wait.

He will be fine at OU. He has arm talent and knows Lebby's system well and will have loads of NFL talent around him. Concerns for OU would be:
- Can he win a big game when its close
- Grit...pressure seemed to get to him a bit and he does not like getting hit
- Staying healthy
- Team leader

I hope he kills it. I dont like the way he left but he is also a 21 year old dude and just had his season ended on a dumb play at the end of the game. He was never the type of player KZ was (for a lot of reasons) and we all kinda knew it.

He will be fine at OU. He has arm talent and knows Lebby's system well and will have loads of NFL talent around him. Concerns for OU would be:
- Can he win a big game when its close
- Grit...pressure seemed to get to him a bit and he does not like getting hit
- Staying healthy
- Team leader

I hope he kills it. I dont like the way he left but he is also a 21 year old dude and just had his season ended on a dumb play at the end of the game. He was never the type of player KZ was (for a lot of reasons) and we all kinda knew it.
I also wish him luck. Still a fan of his even though I do understand some people being mad about the way he left. In my opinion he's still built by UCF and a Knight for life.

Unless someone screws me over personally I have no reason to wish them ill.

I also wish him luck. Still a fan of his even though I do understand some people being mad about the way he left. In my opinion he's still built by UCF and a Knight for life.

Unless someone screws me over personally I have no reason to wish them ill.
if he makes the NFL he won’t rep UCF

Who gives a shit? He did the same thing pretty much every College QB did this year when there was a coaching change at their school. Players are loyal to coaches who think will help them get to the next level, not schools any more. It's the reality of the CFB landscape, let's move on.
was just responding to the Built By UCF line …goodness anyone that doesn’t want to talk about him should just ignore this thread . January got everyone way too moody

My two cents, I would think you are from the college you graduated from. So he will list Oklahoma. The guys who don’t graduate and get drafted probably played and excelled, so they never transferred.

My two cents, I would think you are from the college you graduated from. So he will list Oklahoma. The guys who don’t graduate and get drafted probably played and excelled, so they never transferred.
When people think Wilson, Burrow, Fields, Mayfield and then any Grad transfer that played well they only think of last school. If Milton lit it up this past year, everyone except UCF fans would associate him with FSU.

Reactions: tjb74
Players tend to get better year to year in college. Also, most players don't have injuries so severe they almost lose their leg, rehab for 2 full years and then try to make a comeback.

the scale of the pic w the kid made it look that way . Calm down wet blanket
I haven't seen WET BLANKET used in a long while. I may have to incorporate that into my word of the day. Thanks for putting a smile on my face.......... I better hurry up and use it , before it gets labeled as derogatory by the woke, and can't be used any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT