ADVERTISEMENT

DG enters transfer portal

Even so, you have to admit, being tweeted at from the likes of Kyler Murray, Joe Mixon, and Adrian freakin' Peterson is a lot cooler than the UCF Twitter Mafia 😆
Guys, this is bigger than I first thought.

DG doesn't have something on Lebby, no.... DG has something on the entire Oklahoma University.

What does DG know?

• Haha
Reactions: Yaes
Guys, this is bigger than I first thought.

DG doesn't have something on Lebby, no.... DG has something on the entire Oklahoma University.

What does DG know?
I think your over speculating. DG is just connected to Lebby. The starting QB gets hurt its the next man up.

I think your over speculating. DG is just connected to Lebby. The starting QB gets hurt its the next man up.
You're right. I just think it's odd Caleb leaves, who I think is way better than DG. And DG gets NFL players to retweet him. He played really well for us but hasn't done anything spectacular as Blake or Milton did.

You're right. I just think it's odd Caleb leaves, who I think is way better than DG. And DG gets NFL players to retweet him. He played really well for us but hasn't done anything spectacular as Blake or Milton did.
most of those players haven’t watch him in a full game . it is OU Alumni rallying bc their Program got ditched which never happens ..first by Lincoln Riley then Caleb

Anyone that glances at Gabriel's stats would be impressed, even in his losses.

Anyone that glances at Gabriel's stats would be impressed, even in his losses.
Hell his highlight reel is honestly as good as you'll watch. Was watching one earlier and it's freaking bomb after bomb lol. We know where he struggled, but as you say, anyone who takes a simple look is going to think why hasn't this kid won a Heisman?

I wouldn’t want to be associated with Joe Mixon at all. 🤕
I simply mean for a college kid to get love from a player that is a regular on Sunday highlights, scoring touchdowns, and making plays, that it makes an impact and is cooler than me tweeting a gif of Knightro. Sheesh, I didn't say he should be everyone's role model.

Hell his highlight reel is honestly as good as you'll watch. Was watching one earlier and it's freaking bomb after bomb lol. We know where he struggled, but as you say, anyone who takes a simple look is going to think why hasn't this kid won a Heisman?
He’s a very good college QB. Will he take the next step?

Mr. Socko and his team really trynna sell socks during Covid? My feet only see socks when I’m doing something active. Most time I’m at home just chilling with my jiffy feet or wearing flips. The work from home movement killed sock sales. His team is dumb af.

• Haha
Reactions: gb6049 and beelit47
Mr. Socko and his team really trynna sell socks during Covid? My feet only see socks when I’m doing something active. Most time I’m at home just chilling with my jiffy feet or wearing flips. The work from home movement killed sock sales. His team is dumb af.
I must say, unlike a previous poster, i appreciate us all sh**ing on his dumb sock brand. Kid needs a lesson in branding

What did Mixon do bad? I’m too lazy to Google.
Mixon and an OU girl are arguing. Girl pushed Mixon, slapped him and spit in his face. Mixon says the girl's friend called him a racial slur. Mixon punches the girl in the face resulting in broken bones.

Mixon and an OU girl are arguing. Girl pushed Mixon, slapped him and spit in his face. Mixon says the girl's friend called him a racial slur. Mixon punches the girl in the face resulting in broken bones.
Oh. Wow. Did he get into trouble?

Oh. Wow. Did he get into trouble?
How do you define trouble? He was suspended by the football team for a year. Never did jail time because he settled with the girl. Did 100 hours of community service and mental health counseling.

How do you define trouble? He was suspended by the football team for a year. Never did jail time because he settled with the girl. Did 100 hours of community service and mental health counseling.
Suspended for year sounds like trouble. If he wasn’t a football player he just gets probation and court costs. No settlement.

Suspended for year sounds like trouble. If he wasn’t a football player he just gets probation and court costs. No settlement.
He got a 1 year deferred sentence, but since he settled a few years later, he never served it.

Yeah, I guess I didn't know if you meant legal or with the team.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Mixon had been 18 for literally one day. It's essentially a few high school kids' compounding bad decisions. It's not like he weaseled out of jail time. His sentence was 100 hours of community service and counseling. Likely because the girl shoved him, slapped him, and supposedly spit on/at him, initiating the contact? He's walking away before she gets up. Still, he's a complete buffoon for actually hitting her no question, should've just kept on walking and ignored her. It's a lesson on both sides. Never hit a woman unless a life is in danger. Getting slapped first is no defense. Then, never shove and slap a dude, because you just might get knocked the f out. Just walk away, it's not worth it. There was this exact scenario on Reddit just a couple of days ago. Drunk girl shoves a guy just standing there, and gets absolutely molly-whopped. Walk away. Wait, what forum is this?

I think the question for us is this; if DG does win the starting job and lights it up are we going to be sour or not?

Mixon had been 18 for literally one day. It's essentially a few high school kids' compounding bad decisions. It's not like he weaseled out of jail time. His sentence was 100 hours of community service and counseling. Likely because the girl shoved him, slapped him, and supposedly spit on/at him, initiating the contact? He's walking away before she gets up. Still, he's a complete buffoon for actually hitting her no question, should've just kept on walking and ignored her. It's a lesson on both sides. Never hit a woman unless a life is in danger. Getting slapped first is no defense. Then, never shove and slap a dude, because you just might get knocked the f out. Just walk away, it's not worth it. There was this exact scenario on Reddit just a couple of days ago. Drunk girl shoves a guy just standing there, and gets absolutely molly-whopped. Walk away. Wait, what forum is this?

I think the question for us is this; if DG does win the starting job and lights it up are we going to be sour or not?
She wasn’t even looking at him and he was by her table causing the altercation.

Not even trying to DM. Just putting it out there for all to see. I’m pretty sure the bigger schools could at least match that. Wonder if DG would have jumped at offer?
Fascinating. For sure the bigger programs could definitely get that together quickly if they wanted to. This is interesting from a marketing perspective too. Basically getting publicity for nothing by throwing it out there. And if he accepts, think of the national coverage you just bought your program. A million is nothing for national exposure.

Na, he is choosing to play in Legendary mode (from twitter):

FINTTKpWYAQDX-M

Not even a million dollars is going to get him to EMU. There wouldn’t be much talent around him. First off, if I’m an NFL scout/GM I frown on that decision because how does that him better as a player?….it does not. Makes him worse probably, plus the chance of injury as he runs for his life far too often.

I get it. Batch tweets and gets free pub for EMU. Not like that is a formal, binding offer. Smart. It would be incredibly interesting if Williams did take it, though, to see how it worked out.

I, for one, am done reading about anything to do with past QBs from here. This post has expanded way beyond that ancient history and has changed to focusing on what’s pertinent to UCF moving FORWARD. Can we end this homage to “he that should not be discussed any longer” and toss this post into the dustbin? Let’s start a new post, one that properly reflects “We are the FUTURE of college football!” Time to throw the rear view mirror out the window and hammer down the gas pedal!!! Charge On!!!

Reactions: lawknight
I, for one, am done reading about anything to do with past QBs from here. This post has expanded way beyond that ancient history and has changed to focusing on what’s pertinent to UCF moving FORWARD. Can we end this homage to “he that should not be discussed any longer” and toss this post into the dustbin? Let’s start a new post, one that properly reflects “We are the FUTURE of college football!” Time to throw the rear view mirror out the window and hammer down the gas pedal!!! Charge On!!!
Don’t click on the thread. Easy

Why is this sickening? Why should players turn down money people are willing to pay? Would you turn down a mil?
Not from a player standpoint, no of course I can’t blame them. But from the standpoint this is getting out of hand and essentially not an amateur sport any longer, no one playing for a school or having loyalty, no passion…yes that part is sickening. MLB has the minor leagues, NBA has whatever they have (D league, overseas). Using your name image and likeness is one thing, but what we have and have seen is something totally different. It’s a pay for play, legalized and already corrupt af…it’s only just gotten started.

Reactions: Yaes
Not from a player standpoint, no of course I can’t blame them. But from the standpoint this is getting out of hand and essentially not an amateur sport any longer, no one playing for a school or having loyalty, no passion…yes that part is sickening. MLB has the minor leagues, NBA has whatever they have (D league, overseas). Using your name image and likeness is one thing, but what we have and have seen is something totally different. It’s a pay for play, legalized and already corrupt af…it’s only just gotten started.
For what it’s worth, I think it stopped being an amateur sport when the budgets for athletic programs, salaries, and payouts ballooned into the multiple millions of dollars.

That much money doesn’t get thrown around for “amateurs”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT