ADVERTISEMENT

DG

So you're telling me, if DG redshirts, we could literally still have him for 3 more seasons after the end of this season. '22, '23, and '24.
I don’t see him staying at UCF that long . Hopefully his shoulder recovery doesn’t effect his arm strength and he has a chance to to leave on good terms

The Milton fairy tale is nice, but in reality he fell on the right side of lucky bounces many times. Memphis couldn’t make a field goal late. Milton did nothing vs Auburn first half but defense kept us in. Vs the cows they went on a 27-7 run midway in the game and missed a wide open Wilcox for a TD that would have put them up 2 scores. During the 9 drive drought Milton threw 2 picks and 2 incompletions on 4th down for turnover on downs. Mike Hughes was the hero.
in 2017 remember so many games where Snelson and Akins were open by a mile in the middle of the field . Milton didn’t have to always throw in tight windows in Frost’s offense

Reactions: Yaes
in 2017 remember so many games where Snelson and Akins were open by a mile in the middle of the field . Milton didn’t have to always throw in tight windows in Frost’s offense
And Gabe Davis and Marlon Williams and Trequan Smith. The caliber of receiving options we had in 2017 was the best in UCF history.

Reactions: Yaes and PhDee
That’s because Heup left us so bare with the Defense. Thankfully Gus was able to pull in some talent in the portal. I’m interested to see TMB play with Big Kat for a whole game.
And Celiscar. I think the Montalvo (am I thinking of the right guy?) at DE move was an experiment we probably won't see again.

Reactions: lawknight
The Milton fairy tale is nice, but in reality he fell on the right side of lucky bounces many times. Memphis couldn’t make a field goal late. Milton did nothing vs Auburn first half but defense kept us in. Vs the cows they went on a 27-7 run midway in the game and missed a wide open Wilcox for a TD that would have put them up 2 scores. During the 9 drive drought Milton threw 2 picks and 2 incompletions on 4th down for turnover on downs. Mike Hughes was the hero.
If you micro manage statistics and specific plays you can make any claim. Milton made far more plays than he missed. Everyone misses plays and every and everyone has their share of luck and bad luck. Milton was more dangerous flushed from the pocket or on the run than he was going through his progressions. His ability to keep his head and continue to look downfield and extending drives that were dead was where the difference was. This is what they talk about when they say the "it factor". Milton kept our drives alive and in the game.

DG was looking really good this year but he also needs players around him to make plays. The last pass against Louisville was a catchable ball not to mention the crazy amount of injuries at key positions during the game. Despite the injuries, If it was caught we would have probably won the game and DG wouldn't be hurt. I do think DG has gotten a bad rap for not winning the big game- I have felt that was a question mark also. But, I have changed my mind. I believe Milton and Bortles had better players around them that helped them win big games. Unfortunately, DG doesn't get the same support and talent from the current team.

Reactions: knightraveler
DG was looking really good this year but he also needs players around him to make plays. The last pass against Louisville was a catchable ball not to mention the crazy amount of injuries at key positions during the game. Despite the injuries, If it was caught we would have probably won the game and DG wouldn't be hurt. I do think DG has gotten a bad rap for not winning the big game- I have felt that was a question mark also. But, I have changed my mind. I believe Milton and Bortles had better players around them that helped them win big games. Unfortunately, DG doesn't get the same support and talent from the current team.
I agree that DG looked really strong this year. Sad to see him get hurt, would have loved to see him against Cincy again - I think this was the year.

I agree, I was really excited to see how he was going to handle big games this season.

If you micro manage statistics and specific plays you can make any claim. Milton made far more plays than he missed. Everyone misses plays and every and everyone has their share of luck and bad luck. Milton was more dangerous flushed from the pocket or on the run than he was going through his progressions. His ability to keep his head and continue to look downfield and extending drives that were dead was where the difference was. This is what they talk about when they say the "it factor". Milton kept our drives alive and in the game.
it seems our fans want all our QBs to operate this way when it is not common for a reason. Yes it occasionally has Johnny Football and Milton 17-18 but the other side are many others that turn the ball over too much trying to play that way

it seems our fans want all our QBs to operate this way when it is not common for a reason. Yes it occasionally has Johnny Football and Milton 17-18 but the other side are many others that turn the ball over too much trying to play that way
Not what I said. There was an implication that Milton was better because he was surrounded by better talent and that he missed important plays. I don't think that was the case. Milton was and is special. However, for a program like UCF it is hard for us to compete recruiting size for your average 6-3 pocket QB. We have to generally find a diamond in the rough. That makes us gravitate to the the type of QB you describe.

Reactions: Yaes
Not what I said. There was an implication that Milton was better because he was surrounded by better talent and that he missed important plays. I don't think that was the case. Milton was and is special. However, for a program like UCF it is hard for us to compete recruiting size for your average 6-3 pocket QB. We have to generally find a diamond in the rough. That makes us gravitate to the the type of QB you describe.
disagree that his surrounding talent not mattering, it wasn’t the only factor but on that 17 team the WRs/TEs Snelson is the only one that isn’t getting NFL playing time right now and he was damn good in the slot.

That pretty much sums up life. You can work your butt off but you still need a few things to go your way. Unfortunately history does not give a damn about "what ifs".

Reactions: Knight Strength
He looked good working out on that ESPN+ show even tho it was just showing him doing light weights. Think it's still to early for his return. What is a time frame on a broken clavicle?

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I hope he plays in November with some sort of special protective jacket. However, I understand that just because the bone is healed doesn't mean it's going to be strong enough for contact and throwing the ball the way he was before the injury. Percentage the he plays before bowl game is like 10% and 90% no way. We need him for USF game bad. That's only game I really care about this season at this point. If Heupel had played KZ last season in November we wouldn't be in this situation now.

"If Heupel had played KZ last season in November"

Yes, agreed. I was super disappointed McKenzie didn't even get a celebratory game snap. It was a missed opportunity for sure.

Reactions: U C to the F
If KZ takes a hit last year and his career was over because of it, people in here would still throw shade at Heupel because of it.

Milton never left a game due to injury this year. It's almost like not having played in almost 3 years, coupled with a loss of explosiveness due to his horrific knee injury led to his ineffectiveness.

Cards were stacked against him being able to be a good starter. Some people want to live in fantasy land.

If KZ takes a hit last year and his career was over because of it, people in here would still throw shade at Heupel because of it.
I throw shade at sloth because he could have at least let KZ take a snap at the end of the USF game last year but didn’t. That was just downright disrespectful to KZ and UCF fans.

Reactions: U C to the F
I throw shade at sloth because he could have at least let KZ take a snap at the end of the USF game last year but didn’t. That was just downright disrespectful to KZ and UCF fans.
You really think KZ wanted to go in for 1 snap? That’s embarrassing. You either are good for actual playing time or you aren’t. He’s not and that’s why he isn’t playing at FSU now.

Its not an actual snap for a play, it's a snap in honor. Kinda like how Baltimore did for Ray Lewis
That was his last home game. Not last game. Everyone knew that. No one knew KZ was leaving. If he didn’t he could have done that here this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT