ADVERTISEMENT

DG

Quadry being moved to WR bc of how little Gus thinks of our skill talent + our offense the last few games and people still want to say it was DG holding UCF back smh….he may go down as one of the most under appreciated players to come through this Program
He’s one of my favorites of UCF of all time. How lucky we were to have KZ and then transition right to DG…Watching him throw the ball has been the most exciting thing on these badly recruited/coached teams of Heupel’s. If only he got the opportunity to sit behind KZ for a year…

Reactions: Yaes
He’s one of my favorites of UCF of all time. How lucky we were to have KZ and then transition right to DG…Watching him throw the ball has been the most exciting thing on these badly recruited/coached teams of Heupel’s. If only he got the opportunity to sit behind KZ for a year…
I still remember the last time we lost all our WRs through graduation and how it took a whole year for the next group to NOT drop easy passes. Combine this with injury of Robinson and we see why Gus is grabbing at straws to get the right receivers in there. I don't know why the JC receiver #2 (other Robinson) isn't playing much this season?

Reactions: U C to the F
I still remember the last time we lost all our WRs through graduation and how it took a whole year for the next group to NOT drop easy passes. Combine this with injury of Robinson and we see why Gus is grabbing at straws to get the right receivers in there. I don't know why the JC receiver #2 (other Robinson) isn't playing much this season?

True. I hoped the Hawaiian dude, Titus was going to get some PT. Wasn't he a highly rated receiver coming out of highschool?

I remember when we lost Hall, Perriman, Worton, and Reese. Tre'quan was our best raw receiver as a true freshman during that winless streak. All we had was him, an old dude that used to play Baseball, and Franks 👀

I remember when we lost Hall, Perriman, Worton, and Reese. Tre'quan was our best raw receiver as a true freshman during that winless streak. All we had was him, an old dude that used to play Baseball, and Franks 👀
We had 4* Tristan Payton as well. But we were still rolling out players like Taylor Oldham and stiff after stiff at QB.

People think he’s a great QB now because he threw 5 TD passes against Temple. Under 240 yards tells me we ran quite a bit and won field position battle.
Have either of you two been QBs or have you coached QBs? You seem to know so much about it.

People think he’s a great QB now because he threw 5 TD passes against Temple. Under 240 yards tells me we ran quite a bit and won field position battle.
Who has posted that think he’s a great QB? Haven’t seen 1 thing remotely close to that statement.

I’m not going to look at every thread and quote them but people think he’s turned the corner and will have similar results going forward. We are just in our easier part of schedule now. Watch the sky fall when we play SMU.
The back half of the schedule is super soft, but we do improve week to week. Maybe we will be able to give SMU a game if we keep doing that and get Jflash back.

2020 was a free season of eligibility so the sooner Dillon comes back the better. Not concerned with wins and losses, per say, but getting reps and gelling with his teammates. It’s important he keeps growing as a player. He still has upside potential via gamesmanship/fieldsmanship.

I’m not going to look at every thread and quote them but people think he’s turned the corner and will have similar results going forward. We are just in our easier part of schedule now. Watch the sky fall when we play SMU.
I am one of the more optimistic on Keene. I personally don't look at it like turning a corner but more at this stage, does he show confidence or get bent out of shape too easily? Can he make the throws he's being asked to make or does he simply lack the physical ability? Timing and things will come with more reps but if he can't get the ball anywhere near a WR that's an issue. He threw the ball from the 52 to the 2 with very good placement, he's got enough arm strength, even at 18, to push the ball downfield. If he looks overly frustrated and emotional when something doesn't go his way, to me that's a problem. Especially in a loss, does he look dejected (the sky falling), or collected and understanding of what transpired, focused on getting better? To me he looks calm and collected, I like that.

Temple is weak, absolutely. But it's also clearly the first time the playbook was opened up a bit, and he responded very well. For anyone to say otherwise would mean they'll never be pleased with anything but a prime DG or KZ performance. That's the sentiment I disagree with. If O'Keefe catches that earlier deep ball Keene is 16 of 21 and somewhere around 300 yards. Not epic, but damn good.

I am one of the more optimistic on Keene. I personally don't look at it like turning a corner but more at this stage, does he show confidence or get bent out of shape too easily? Can he make the throws he's being asked to make or does he simply lack the physical ability? Timing and things will come with more reps but if he can't get the ball anywhere near a WR that's an issue. He threw the ball from the 52 to the 2 with very good placement, he's got enough arm strength, even at 18, to push the ball downfield. If he looks overly frustrated and emotional when something doesn't go his way, to me that's a problem. Especially in a loss, does he look dejected (the sky falling), or collected and understanding of what transpired, focused on getting better? To me he looks calm and collected, I like that.

Temple is weak, absolutely. But it's also clearly the first time the playbook was opened up a bit, and he responded very well. For anyone to say otherwise would mean they'll never be pleased with anything but a prime DG or KZ performance. That's the sentiment I disagree with. If O'Keefe catches that earlier deep ball Keene is 16 of 21 and somewhere around 300 yards. Not epic, but damn good.
I agree. Good post. Thanks.

Reactions: KnightLife1
don’t trust Keene’s wind up vs above average teams
I too am concerned on the wind up but hopefully over time he can quicken it up. I was crazy spoiled with KZ's instant throw action and DG to me is better than average. Mikey definitely needs to work on that. I hope DG comes back, is resilient with the injury, and ends up mentoring Keene for a year.

I too am concerned on the wind up but hopefully over time he can quicken it up. I was crazy spoiled with KZ's instant throw action and DG to me is better than average. Mikey definitely needs to work on that. I hope DG comes back, is resilient with the injury, and ends up mentoring Keene for a year.
KZ did a quick throw from his ear area (like Dan Marino did)

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Now that NIL is legal, Deestroyer does have eligibility left. He’s well over his 6 years removed from high school though so even if he wanted not sure they would let him back. I wish we could. Good leg and needs tape for NFL.

#3 is interesting?!?​

Five potential transfer quarterback options Florida State should monitor​

FSU fans have been trying to will it into existence on their 247 board . They think KZ will be hired as a GA and recruit him there. that would be a way to end our fanbase’s love affair with KZ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT