ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Gus

posters complain about the Cane poster but he has been calling out the lack of recruiting and development of the OLine
I actually do not have a problem with him. He is a Miami fan and he does not hide that. I don’t know what his agenda is on this board, but he’s not trying to fake one like he has an interest in Ucf when his only interest is in the Coach I don’t see that in this guy.

Lobo seems like that guy who went into the wrong bar but still stayed for the drinks. He banters with others, but he’s pretty harmless. He cant find his way out of the bar, but doesn’t really mind being there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
I actually do not have a problem with him. He is a Miami fan and he does not hide that. I don’t know what his agenda is on this board, but he’s not trying to fake one like he has an interest in Ucf when his only interest is in the Coach I don’t see that in this guy.

Lobo seems like that guy who went into the wrong bar but still stayed for the drinks. He banters with others, but he’s pretty harmless. He cant find his way out of the bar, but doesn’t really mind being there.
His trolling goes too far sometimes but he is really knowledgeable and in the loop with what is going on w recruiting and rosters. guessing he has a family member or close friend that attended or works at UCF.

I was watching some of Auburn’s 2013 season (particularly the Georgia game), with former CB Nick Marshall playing QB. The one thing I noticed was the speed and crispness with which the offense was run, and I’m not just talking about the time in between plays. The motions, the misdirections, etc were all so precisely engineered by the former CB playing QB, it looked like it was at hyper speed compared to our offense today (not to mention the o-line was getting good push). It’s hard to believe how constipated Gus’ offense looks today compared to 2013.
It's called the QB cannot run the offense. There are reason for that with both KJ and, now, Brown. But Brown ... will get there.

JRP did a great job, especially when healthy. Frankly, this is why I think just running the direct snap to #7 should be 25% of our plays.

Last edited:
So you're a ride or die w Gus kinda guy?
I'm a "Please do your homework!" type of guy, reminding everyone that Dino Babers, not Scott Frost, was the favorite flavor of 2015 too. Heck, I also remember a lot of mother****ers on this board utterly hating on Frost and Milton in 2016 too!

But can you believe it?

Not one single mother****er on this board will 'own up' to that?! Oh, it must be another 'BS lie' and that no one bashed Frost for not playing the senior, and no one got on Milton at all in 2016, even though he had worse numbers than Keene in 2021.

There's this little thing called 'integrity.' When I'm wrong, I own it. But people forget, I was on the Frost train pretty quick when we got serious about him, and no longer Babers. But there were a lot of Babers nuthuggers ...

Just like some of the coaches people are throwing out now. Some have 5M and even almost 15M buy-outs too.

• Haha
Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I'm a "Please do your homework!" type of guy, reminding everyone that Dino Babers, not Scott Frost, was the favorite flavor of 2015 too. Heck, I also remember a lot of mother****ers on this board utterly hating on Frost and Milton in 2016 too!

But can you believe it?

Not one single mother****er on this board will 'own up' to that?! Oh, it must be another 'BS lie' and that no one bashed Frost for not playing the senior, and no one got on Milton at all in 2016, even though he had worse numbers than Keene in 2021.

There's this little thing called 'integrity.' When I'm wrong, I own it. But people forget, I was on the Frost train pretty quick when we got serious about him, and no longer Babers. But there were a lot of Babers nuthuggers ...

Just like some of the coaches people are throwing out now. Some have 5M and even almost 15M buy-outs too.
What does this have to do with Malzahn being awful? Honestly don’t think there has even been much talk on this board about potential replacements, Malzahn is still the coach so it’s kind of a moot point. I think there is just a consensus that Malzahn is not the answer and thus needs to go.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
What does this have to do with Malzahn being awful?
If it was just that, I'm good with that. But people are saying UCF is dead for decades if we don't fire Gus now, and everything will be better without him. I beg to differ on the assertion that no one could be worse, let alone that Gus is killing recruiting and no one wants to play for him. Especially when people talk in absolutes and act like no one has our problems.

Honestly don’t think there has even been much talk on this board about potential replacements,
Oh, you should read the board more! People are already putting out the "We're gonna miss out on X" over and over. I personally love it, because some of these people will cost at least $5-6M, if not $15M+, just to buy out their contracts. Hence my, "Do your homework!" It's a 1:1 repeat of Dino. :)

Malzahn is still the coach so it’s kind of a moot point.
Exactly. But that doesn't stop some people from saying Gus has to be fired now, and if we don't do it now, we won't be good again until 2035+. :)

I think there is just a consensus that Malzahn is not the answer and thus needs to go.
Was Whittingham? Patterson? You guys think this doesn't happen often? Do you think we're the only program that had a major regression like this? Personally I love the assertion that no one is using 5+ kids, let alone 10+, mid-season. I'm like, "Are you literally sticking your head in the sand? Why are you discrediting yourself?"

Remember ... don't shoot the messenger. I'm just calling out the BS. Wanna fire Gus?! Fine! But make a case of who to get that doesn't end up costing us $20M, let alone more than $30M! And saying kids don't want to play for Gus, and that he has destroyed UCF, is going to get a huge laugh from me ... and then a lot of examples of otherwise.

But can you believe it?

OVERJOYED to prove you wrong and since you're a complete moron who uses "Not one single...." I've said multiple, multiple, multiple times (since 2016) that the first season of Milton we needed 10 ft WRs because he couldn't complete many passes. So now, having proven you incompetent, ignorant and wrong, here's hoping you actually learn something before you speak.

If it was just that, I'm good with that. But people are saying UCF is dead for decades if we don't fire Gus now, and everything will be better without him. I beg to differ on the assertion that no one could be worse, let alone that Gus is killing recruiting and no one wants to play for him. Especially when people talk in absolutes and act like no one has our problems.

Oh, you should read the board more! People are already putting out the "We're gonna miss out on X" over and over. I personally love it, because some of these people will cost at least $5-6M, if not $15M+, just to buy out their contracts. Hence my, "Do your homework!" It's a 1:1 repeat of Dino. :)

Exactly. But that doesn't stop some people from saying Gus has to be fired now, and if we don't do it now, we won't be good again until 2035+. :)

Was Whittingham? Patterson? You guys think this doesn't happen often? Do you think we're the only program that had a major regression like this? Personally I love the assertion that no one is using 5+ kids, let alone 10+, mid-season. I'm like, "Are you literally sticking your head in the sand? Why are you discrediting yourself?"

Remember ... don't shoot the messenger. I'm just calling out the BS. Wanna fire Gus?! Fine! But make a case of who to get that doesn't end up costing us $20M, let alone more than $30M! And saying kids don't want to play for Gus, and that he has destroyed UCF, is going to get a huge laugh from me ... and then a lot of examples of otherwise.
Your sole point seems to be everyone here wants to hire Dino Barbers. No one has talked about him for YEARS. Why not bring up Mario Crystobal, or are you so simplistic you don't remember the push to get him on the board. No you just want to be ignorant, and rude. Congrats.

Barry Odom, UNLV coach. Seems good at correcting other people's mistakes. Not sure if washed up, still in his 40s.

No to Frost, unless made an OC only. Yeah, he did well in Florida and had good connections, but I don't see anything that makes me believe he can coach effectively at a P4 level with the distractions...

Your sole point seems to be everyone here wants to hire Dino Barbers.
Then you have reading comprehension issues ... seriously. :) Ergo ...

No one has talked about him for YEARS.
That's my exact point! Thank you for at least recognizing he was ... "The New Hotness!"

Now Gus is the Old Busted, and -- I've seen several with $6-15M buy-outs of their own -- as "The New Hotness." See a pattern? :)

Why not bring up Mario Crystobal,
Because Dino is the ultimate example. But yes, there are 12-15 others I could think of. Mario is in the top 3. No argument. Furthermore ...

In full humility ... I said if we fire GOL, I want Mark Richt or someone 'defense/ball control oriented.' That way, GOL's recruits should work out within 2 years.

I was against going offense-oriented, because I feared it could take up to 5 years. And I was against all G5 HCs, especially Dino Babers! However ...

In full self-complement ... the second Frost's name came up, I was one of the guys said, "Hey, if we're going offense oriented, Frost is definitely a great P5 OC to get! That's what we need! But we need to give him 4-5 years, not 2-3 like most are getting these days."

And I remember being bashed by the Dino, Mario, et al. (not just him) crowd for Frost not having HC experience.

And I also remember getting 'ghoaded' by the Dino et al. crowd when Frost started Milton, although it wasn't as bad in 2016, as 2015. But some people were still 'sore' about Frost, and while they were happy about GOL being gone, they were also bashing Milton, and Frost for starting him against Maryland.

Remember, Milton's '16 stats under Frost were worse than Keene's '21 than Gus. And ... Milton had 6 fumbles, 3 lost, in his very first game against Maryland, plus an INT atop of that (4 turnovers, nearly 7).

or are you so simplistic you don't remember the push to get him on the board.
Yes, him too. But Dino became the best example because of his horrendous time at Syrcuse.

No you just want to be ignorant, and rude. Congrats.
No, Dino is the best example of the 12-15 flying about. Mario was in the top 3, but Dino works best ... especialy now.

Which is my point! We could get a Dino. :)

• Haha
Reactions: ucfversusbcs
OVERJOYED to prove you wrong and since you're a complete moron who uses "Not one single...." I've said multiple, multiple, multiple times (since 2016) that the first season of Milton we needed 10 ft WRs because he couldn't complete many passes.
Okay. It's nice to get 1 person who admits it now! Well done! Thank you for pointing this out. I have been corrected ... about your stance in 2016! However, if you think that proves me wrong on Milton, think again! I mean ... you do realize you just admitted I was right about Milton, and you were wrong., correct? I appreciate your honestly, but it's half-@$$ed, because you now assert ... I'm wrong?!?!?! Ergo ...

So now, having proven you incompetent, ignorant and wrong, here's hoping you actually learn something before you speak.
So I'm ... "incompetent, ignorant and wrong" for being correct about Milton? Babers? Who else?!?!?! See my point? :)

I think you just made my point. It takes forever to get people to admit sh--! Thank you for having integrity, and I will respect you fully for that. I hope you realize I was responding to @ucfversusbcs :)

BTW, where were you on vaccines in 2021? I don't want to assume you were one of the people saying you could go to work because you couldn't get sick and spread it, and you don't need to wear masks any more.

Last edited:
ucfBS makes me feel kind of embarrassed to be in the UCF fanbase. The spam is just utterly gross.
And I'm ****ing here to stay. If you're embarrassed someone tries to point out the truth, from the BS ... then I don't know what to say. I'm sorry I won't demonize Gus any more than Frost, GOL, et al.?! And I try to see the realities of the situation?! The costs?!

I'm ****ing tired of people asserting the kids hate Gus, and our program is going back decades. I'll let the kids say that for themselves. So far, there's been only 1 actual accusation of a staffer, not Gus. But I'm the embarrassment? For pointing out the truth?!

And I'm ****ing getting tired of people saying I'm wrong ... for actually being right years ago. Seriously! I'm glad one person actually had the ****ing guts to admit it. But then he said I'm wrong because of it. At least he admitted it. Good luck on the other mother****ers doing it.

And yes, I use the f-bomb now. I'm not the UCFBS of pre-2021. I've been eating shit thrown at me for so much ****ing crap I've actually been right on! So too bad, enjoy it! I'm going to continue to call out BS while all of you call me idiots, and so many won't even admit it 3 years later that they were wrong.

One person at least did. And then they said I was incompetent, ignorant and wrong, because I was right.

Then you have reading comprehension issues ... seriously. :) Ergo ...

That's my exact point! Thank you for at least recognizing he was ... "The New Hotness!"

Now Gus is the Old Busted, and -- I've seen several with $6-15M buy-outs of their own -- as "The New Hotness." See a pattern? :)

Because Dino is the ultimate example. But yes, there are 12-15 others I could think of. Mario is in the top 3. No argument. Furthermore ...

In full humility ... I said if we fire GOL, I want Mark Richt or someone 'defense/ball control oriented.' That way, GOL's recruits should work out within 2 years.

I was against going offense-oriented, because I feared it could take up to 5 years. And I was against all G5 HCs, especially Dino Babers! However ...

In full self-complement ... the second Frost's name came up, I was one of the guys said, "Hey, if we're going offense oriented, Frost is definitely a great P5 OC to get! That's what we need! But we need to give him 4-5 years, not 2-3 like most are getting these days."

And I remember being bashed by the Dino, Mario, et al. (not just him) crowd for Frost not having HC experience.

And I also remember getting 'ghoaded' by the Dino et al. crowd when Frost started Milton, although it wasn't as bad in 2016, as 2015. But some people were still 'sore' about Frost, and while they were happy about GOL being gone, they were also bashing Milton, and Frost for starting him against Maryland.

Remember, Milton's '16 stats under Frost were worse than Keene's '21 than Gus. And ... Milton had 6 fumbles, 3 lost, in his very first game against Maryland, plus an INT atop of that (4 turnovers, nearly 7).

Yes, him too. But Dino became the best example because of his horrendous time at Syrcuse.

No, Dino is the best example of the 12-15 flying about. Mario was in the top 3, but Dino works best ... especialy now.

Which is my point! We could get a Dino. :)
I'm not sure sticking with what's failing out of fear that you could fail worse is the best way to run an athletic department.

Also, I'm not going to pretend like I know who the right answer is to bring in to potentially replace Gus. No one on this board does, we're not athletic directors, but I can realize when something is not working and needs to be changed. UCFBS is just regurgitating the same 3 points. Bringing up Whittingham and Patterson even though the comparison is not nearly equal. Gus showed us nothing when we were in the AAC. We're playing at the level we were in the AAC under Gus, the competition is just more difficult. The results for AAC-Gus were unacceptable and the results of Big 12-Gus are unacceptable.

I'm not sure sticking with what's failing out of fear that you could fail worse is the best way to run an athletic department.
Risk assessment has been my career. It very much is. You have to weigh to pros/cons. And given the statistics on the matter, it's way, way too early to even make that choice.

And the argument that we must fire Gus now, or we'll set the program back 5 years, is getting old. Even Auburn fans no longer say that. They realize they themselves -- or at least influential boosters -- set the program back with Harsin-Freeze. Freeze is looking far worse than Harsin, especially with recruiting and how the players are reacting to him.

With Gus, we have 1 player complaining about another staffer. Gus needs to address that, but he may only do it with the players. In fact, I fully suspect he might only do that. They trust him, as do parents.

Auburn fans are the ones that literally made me aware of that. Even the ones who wanted him fired.

That’s not a good way to think in general.
You are the type of guys that take the A out of CIA, and crash my hundreds of billion dollar asset FSI servers. I then pick up the pieces, and you get read the riot act by Board Members after they read my risk analysis you ignored.

I know you guys. You scream about risk, but you don't stop to actually analyze it. You just do your 'checkbox,' then pass the buck when you make it worse. And you then hate me for it, because I not only ended up being right, but have it all documented. :)

Don't even have to say, "I told you so." Other people do it for me. But I'm an engineer, and I focus on risk and sustainment for 5, 10 even 20 years, not 6-18 months, or whenever I get a promotion.

Last edited:
OVERJOYED to prove you wrong and since you're a complete moron who uses "Not one single...." I've said multiple, multiple, multiple times (since 2016) that the first season of Milton we needed 10 ft WRs because he couldn't complete many passes. So now, having proven you incompetent, ignorant and wrong, here's hoping you actually learn something before you speak.
I'll also prove you wrong here and agree with 80s knight. I criticized Milton and Frost in that first year (especially the Maryland, Temple and USF games) and later realized a young coach, a young QB and growing pains. I ate crow and admitted I was wrong. Heck I probably wrote good things about Babers as he seemed to be an up and coming coach.

However, there is a contingent that can't admit they were wrong like the person who said this thread aged like sour milk after our glorious TCU win.

I was watching some of Auburn’s 2013 season (particularly the Georgia game), with former CB Nick Marshall playing QB. The one thing I noticed was the speed and crispness with which the offense was run, and I’m not just talking about the time in between plays. The motions, the misdirections, etc were all so precisely engineered by the former CB playing QB, it looked like it was at hyper speed compared to our offense today (not to mention the o-line was getting good push). It’s hard to believe how constipated Gus’ offense looks today compared to 2013.
good analogy Constipated. Our offense looks like a slow turd.

good analogy Constipated. Our offense looks like a slow turd.
Not with Brown. He's not bad.

But yes, KJ was a sloth. Brown has really improved many things. He's young, so he still makes a few mistakes. But who doesn't?

Again, Milton 2016.

I'll also prove you wrong here and agree with 80s knight. I criticized Milton and Frost in that first year (especially the Maryland, Temple and USF games) and later realized a young coach, a young QB and growing pains.
Understand you're 'proving me wrong' by saying 'UCFBS was right in 2016, and we weren't.' So, thank you both for admitting it, but ... remember, I was just calling people out for not admitting it. Both of you now have, so we're 'reset.'

I.e., do you realize how 'circular' this is? NO ONE ADMITTED IT, until ... you two finally did! I think you actually made my point. :)

I ate crow and admitted I was wrong. Heck I probably wrote good things about Babers as he seemed to be an up and coming coach.
Okay, so ... we're on the same page. So ... do you understand how it could be worse?! :)

Gus gets until 2025 with Brown, or whomever he goes with. If Gus f's that up, then the argument changes in favor of his termination, and at a reduced buy-out. I'm not going to fire Gus over 1 QB bad decision. Sorry, I'm not. JRP was a solid move. He just was. Brown looks really good, given his current, early limitations.

Q: Meet me half-way there?

However, there is a contingent that can't admit they were wrong like the person who said this thread aged like sour milk after our glorious TCU win.
I questioned the TCU win. And the TCU comeback saved KJ from being benched. Remember, I thought KJ could be benched after game 1. He's a sloth running the offense.

At least Brown gets it out fast most of the time. Even if he's percentage sucks, his QBR isn't bad, and ... he enables the running game. He actually gets it into the hands of others.

KJ was horrendous at that. At least Brown reminds me of an early JRP, only bigger, probably even faster.

Gus gets to 'own' KJ being the 'next Cam Newton.' And if his QBs don't work out into next year, I will concede he needs to go, or at least have someone else making the calls on QB.

Reactions: lawknight
Understand you're 'proving me wrong' by saying 'UCFBS was right in 2016, and we weren't.' So, thank you both for admitting it, but ... remember, I was just calling people out for not admitting it. Both of you now have, so we're 'reset.'

I.e., do you realize how 'circular' this is? NO ONE ADMITTED IT, until ... you two finally did! I think you actually made my point. :)

Okay, so ... we're on the same page. So ... do you understand how it could be worse?! :)

Gus gets until 2025 with Brown, or whomever he goes with. If Gus f's that up, then the argument changes in favor of his termination, and at a reduced buy-out. I'm not going to fire Gus over 1 QB bad decision. Sorry, I'm not. JRP was a solid move. He just was. Brown looks really good, given his current, early limitations.

Q: Meet me half-way there?

I questioned the TCU win. And the TCU comeback saved KJ from being benched. Remember, I thought KJ could be benched after game 1. He's a sloth running the offense.

At least Brown gets it out fast most of the time. Even if he's percentage sucks, his QBR isn't bad, and ... he enables the running game. He actually gets it into the hands of others.

KJ was horrendous at that. At least Brown reminds me of an early JRP, only bigger, probably even faster.

Gus gets to 'own' KJ being the 'next Cam Newton.' And if his QBs don't work out into next year, I will concede he needs to go, or at least have someone else making the calls on QB.
I'm willing to give Gus one more year and reduce the buyout (which is going to happen anyway), but Terry has to get him to give up play calling and bring in an innovative OC and/or QB coach.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT