ADVERTISEMENT

if Milton needed Bulletin Board Material to Lock In...

Both of those programs were not desperate enough to cave to Frost's every demand like Nebraska did bc they have won Championships this Century and know they are Programs that can win with multiple head coaches & are not throwing the nostalgia bloodline hail mary. If Frost wasn't born there no other top coach on the market would ever agree to go there

Precisely!!! :okay::clap::fistbump:[thumb2]

Last year? Maybe.

This year, OSU, PSU, MSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa and yes even Nebraska; all better then then those teams listed above. This year.

And yes junior 7-8 win this year. We have arguably the top WR duo in the Big Ten.

I can’t wait to see your next 4 replies to one post. So tilted.

You are seriously delusional.

This year NObraska WILL lose to Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin.

They probably Will lose to Minnesota and Northwestern (teams who curb stomped NObraska last year and Purdue [a team you beat by one point last year])

That’s eight losses out of twelve.

As hard as this is to wrap your mind around you will probably also lose to Troy (11-2 last year) and you could have a hard game against Colorado. So bad side 1-2 wins upside you pull one big upset or 2 and win 5 or 6 games.

Your football knowledge sucks really bad ......Although highly regarded Gebbia was recruited as a prostyle QB and Martinez is coming off of shoulder surgery. Neither one has taken a snap in a game at the college level. Without an experienced option QB, your team is gonna suck the first year. Just face the facts, its gonna take 2-3 years to rise above mediocrity if that offense works in the B10 and that is a very big if!
You know football knowledge is bad when in fact Gebbia DID run a spread offense in high school. Martinez was one of the top QB’s at the Under-Armor All American game. All that despite, having shoulder surgery.

The offense already works in the Big 10. PSU and OSU both run a version of the spread while not identical still similar in principle. Both OSU and PSU rely a little more on the running game where as Frost is much more balanced. .

been ignoring this topic hoping the pissing match would die but this is not true.

Florida the initial story is that Frost turned them down which was true but a little misleading. Florida did not want the entire staff, contrary to you guys being in a honeymoon mode and thinking it's the the best staff possible that is simply not true. People around the Florida program have been scouting coaches at UCF for years and they never were interested in Beckton or Fisher(Collins, Hughes were plucked). Those are probably the 2 guys(and possibly Chins) that they did not want on the Gator staff.

In FSU's case I think the same plays out but the Nebraska decision was already made. FSU possibly would still pick Taggart over Frost even if Frost wanted that job. Taggart is a better recruiter, was born and raised in Florida & knows/is loved by HS Coaches all over this State and built his staff with the all star team of Florida recruiters(including David Kelly who was UCF's best recruiter and built the 12-1 Bortles team). And Taggart beat Frost head 2 head.

Both of those programs were not desperate enough to cave to Frost's every demand like Nebraska did bc they have won Championships this Century and know they are Programs that can win with multiple head coaches & are not throwing the nostalgia bloodline hail mary. If Frost wasn't born there no other top coach on the market would ever agree to go there.
I can respect that. You, unlike a few here live in the real world. Either way you look at it, you seem to agree that Frost was leaving. If not Nebraska probably Florida.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
You are seriously delusional.

This year NObraska WILL lose to Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin.

They probably Will lose to Minnesota and Northwestern (teams who curb stomped NObraska last year and Purdue [a team you beat by one point last year])

That’s eight losses out of twelve.

As hard as this is to wrap your mind around you will probably also lose to Troy (11-2 last year) and you could have a hard game against Colorado. So bad side 1-2 wins upside you pull one big upset or 2 and win 5 or 6 games.
While I appreciate your concern. I’m not too worried. Yeah. We will lose a few games. But going 7-6 or 8-5 is a very good possibility. Even with that schedule.

I mean, if you had half a brain you would know you don’t base a team off last years teams. If that’s the logic you want to go by, you guys we’re a poopy team last year that somehow miraculously got lucky and in reality are still a poopy team based off 2016. But we are a better team then because we did pretty good in 2016. So thanks big guy.

been ignoring this topic hoping the pissing match would die but this is not true.

Florida the initial story is that Frost turned them down which was true but a little misleading. Florida did not want the entire staff, contrary to you guys being in a honeymoon mode and thinking it's the the best staff possible that is simply not true. People around the Florida program have been scouting coaches at UCF for years and they never were interested in Beckton or Fisher(Collins, Hughes were plucked). Those are probably the 2 guys(and possibly Chins) that they did not want on the Gator staff.

In FSU's case I think the same plays out but the Nebraska decision was already made. FSU possibly would still pick Taggart over Frost even if Frost wanted that job. Taggart is a better recruiter, was born and raised in Florida & knows/is loved by HS Coaches all over this State and built his staff with the all star team of Florida recruiters(including David Kelly who was UCF's best recruiter and built the 12-1 Bortles team). And Taggart beat Frost head 2 head.

Both of those programs were not desperate enough to cave to Frost's every demand like Nebraska did bc they have won Championships this Century and know they are Programs that can win with multiple head coaches & are not throwing the nostalgia bloodline hail mary. If Frost wasn't born there no other top coach on the market would ever agree to go there.
Frost turned them down before even meeting them. Wanting the entire staff or not was not discussed. He had already told Nebraska he was coming home by then. That’s why he publicly said he wasn’t meeting with UF, he was his own representative, while not commenting on the Nebraska rumors.

You know football knowledge is bad when in fact Gebbia DID run a spread offense in high school. Martinez was one of the top QB’s at the Under-Armor All American game. All that despite, having shoulder surgery.

The offense already works in the Big 10. PSU and OSU both run a version of the spread while not identical still similar in principle. Both OSU and PSU rely a little more on the running game where as Frost is much more balanced. .
Watching your board meltdown this fall is going to be so much fun. You don’t have the speed of OSU and PSU.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
I can respect that. You, unlike a few here live in the real world. Either way you look at it, you seem to agree that Frost was leaving. If not Nebraska probably Florida.
assuming he caved on not insisting on bringing the entire staff, yes but there was that variable of just taking the excellence fund bump without the stress of Gainesville and keeping his staff happily employed together. I don't think UF wanted Chins as DC. Frost wasn't very robotic in his decisions, he was emotional about it till the end where if the Nebraska situation didn't happen I'm not sure how it plays out on what seems like the easy decision for an SEC job.
Frost turned them down before even meeting them. Wanting the entire staff or not was not discussed. He had already told Nebraska he was coming home by then. That’s why he publicly said he wasn’t meeting with UF, he was his own representative, while not commenting on the Nebraska rumors.
I heard otherwise. At the time it went down I just heard the headline and enjoyed the optics of it for UF in the media. After asking around with some UF people and Juan from 247 kind of hinted that something from the UF side ended the negotiations it's pretty clear UF didn't want the entire staff & FSU wouldn't have either.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced Chinander is awful yet, although I was also not convinced Diaco was a bad coach and he was terrible.

Anyway, the biggest improvement for UCF from 2015 to 2016 was on the defense, and when they had bad games in 2017 it was against the top offenses in the conference. You don't want to give up 40+ to anybody, but if you think about it, that was only year 2. The verdict is still out, imo.

That said I can understand why a program wouldn't want Frost to bring in a bunch of unknowns. And I can understand why that would irritate him.

assuming he caved on not insisting on bringing the entire staff, yes but there was that variable of just taking the excellence fund bump without the stress of Gainesville and keeping his staff happily employed together. I don't think UF wanted Chins as DC. Frost wasn't very robotic in his decisions, he was emotional about it till the end where if the Nebraska situation didn't happen I'm not sure how it plays out on what seems like the easy decision for an SEC job.

I heard otherwise. At the time it went down I just heard the headline and enjoyed the optics of it for UF in the media. After asking around with some UF people and Juan from 247 kind of hinted that something from the UF side ended the negotiations it's pretty clear UF didn't want the entire staff & FSU wouldn't have either.
Well, if it makes any of you feel better, As soon as Nebraska offered Frost wasn’t interested in any other job.

And since the dust settled and the facts have come out. The whole “I didn’t decide to leave UCF until the last minute” was false. Frost accepted the following day Riley was fired.

None of that matters now. But realistically their was no chance Frost was staying. That isn’t a sly towards UCF either. But even after a undefeated season and an imaginary title the school administration dreamed up, he was gone. Because people have already forgotten about UCF and the great season.

Has nothing to do with UCF. It’s just the AAC is nothing special. Coaches want real competitive football. Big time classic football. Nobody remembers G5 big games. But everyone remembers PSU vs OSU, Alabama vs Auburn, Oregon vs Stanford, Nebraska vs MSU, Oklahoma vs TCU. The list goes on.

When UCF gets in a P5 conference that will chance.

Well, if it makes any of you feel better, As soon as Nebraska offered Frost wasn’t interested in any other job.

And since the dust settled and the facts have come out. The whole “I didn’t decide to leave UCF until the last minute” was false. Frost accepted the following day Riley was fired.

None of that matters now. But realistically their was no chance Frost was staying. That isn’t a sly towards UCF either. But even after a undefeated season and an imaginary title the school administration dreamed up, he was gone. Because people have already forgotten about UCF and the great season.

How about you come back and talk f*cking smack when you have accomplished something on the field. Until then anything you have to say is just conjecture and total bullshit. And red beating off white in the spring game doesn't count for jack shit!

How about you come back and talk f*cking smack when you have accomplished something on the field. Until then anything you have to say is just conjecture and total bullshit. And red beating off white in the spring game doesn't count for jack shit!
Easy. My goodness. You’re so tilted all the time. We’re just having some fun.

I can’t wait until this season unfolds. I have a really bad feeling about this Frost to Nobraska thing and BlackShirts Douchebag and company are going to have the meltdown to end all meltdowns. They are banking EVERYTHING on their savior and Co. who have had one good season. He’s a good coach, but so were lot of the past failures. More importantly, the rest of the coaching staff is very suspect. Especially on the defensive side of the ball.

They are going up against some nice B-10 teams with more talent, speed, better overall coaching and established offenses and defenses. None would love it better than to smackdown Nobraska similar to what Michigan did to us in 2016, but weekly.

Not sure when and where our meltdown was

Was it during the Peach Bowl or the after party?

The Disney Parade?? The Downtown parade?

Did it happen when we renewed our season tickets? The Heupel hiring? The Shannon Hiring?

Oh.., I know. Most of us had a meltdown when we received the Official National Championship plaque through the mail.

That’s it

Last edited:

Has nothing to do with UCF. It’s just the AAC is nothing special. Coaches want real competitive football. Big time classic football. Nobody remembers G5 big games. But everyone remembers PSU vs OSU, Alabama vs Auburn, Oregon vs Stanford, Nebraska vs MSU, Oklahoma vs TCU. The list goes on.

When UCF gets in a P5 conference that will chance.
People are talking about UCF everyday to the tune of 200 million plus dollars of advertising since the Peach Bowl

Nobraska has been irrelevant for 20 years. Nobody is talking or cares about them anymore nationally. When they play teams from their conference that are of any quality, those teams already have been “penciling” those games in as a W. Teams like Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, etc

They have lost all respect for present day Nobraska football.

You may play I’m a P5 conference, but you’re mediocre at best in it. You’re what Vanderbilt is to the SEC without the academics.

Problem is you’re are celebrating something you haven’t even accomplished yet. Even that delusion is an 8-5 season which nobody will care about either nationally, but more likely Nobraska will win 5-6 games.

I guess there’s always 2019. Another season of mediocrity. However that’s what you’re used to.
What’s another lost season?

Last edited:
People are talking about UCF everyday to the tune of 200 million plus dollars of advertising since the Peach Bowl

Nobraska has been irrelevant for 20 years. Nobody is talking or cares about them anymore nationally. When they play teams from their conference that are of any quality, those teams already have been “penciling” those games in as a W. Teams like Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, etc

They have lost all respect for present day Nobraska football.

You may play I’m a P5 conference, but you’re mediocre at best in it. You’re what Vanderbilt is to the SEC without the academics.

Problem is you’re are celebrating something you haven’t even accomplished yet. Even that delusion is an 8-5 season which nobody will care about either nationally, but more likely Nobraska will win 5-6 games.

I guess there’s always 2019. Another season of mediocrity. However that’s what you’re used to.
What’s another lost season?
I know we have been irrelevant the last 20 years. We have been one of the winningest programs for the past 20 years.

Very kind of you to notice. Look, you were the media darlings last year. The feel good story of the December and January. But that’s done and overwith.

You’re so sensitive though. Chill out. Have a Coke Coala. But you really need to relax. You get so tilted that you obviously can’t think rationally. I know it’s hard to leave Disney world, but I think it’s doing more harm then good at this point.

Frosty is gone buddy. Get over it.

I know we have been irrelevant the last 20 years. We have been one of the winningest programs for the past 20 years.

Very kind of you to notice. Look, you were the media darlings last year. The feel good story of the December and January. But that’s done and overwith.

You’re so sensitive though. Chill out. Have a Coke Coala. But you really need to relax. You get so tilted that you obviously can’t think rationally. I know it’s hard to leave Disney world, but I think it’s doing more harm then good at this point.

It seems like the only ones who can’t get over Frost leaving are the Nobraska fans who keep embarrassing themselves by coming over here with their insecurity and uncertainty about their future.

We haven’t lost a beat since Frost left and the early signing period was over. We should have a better OVERALL coaching staff than last year. Nobraska on the other hand will have major flaws in the defense .

UCF has been in the news almost everyday nationally and was just talked about by an Alabama Alumni, Espn’s Kirk Herbstreit and even mentioned after Alabama’s White House visit. All within the past 1-2 weeks

Nobraska hasn’t been talked about at all

Problem is, you’re in an isolated state and just came off a Mid-April blizzard (ouch), so you’re constantly cut off from thinking about the outside world.
Nobraska people are very narrow-minded and stubborn. They are the only ones who think about Nobraska Football day and night, because the state is an absolute hell and barren wasteland. There’s nothing else to do

Last edited:
Reactions: dali drama

Frost was a great rebound lay for us. We got our mojo back and a culture shift we desperately needed for the current paradigm of college football. He is your highschool sweetheart and the girl your family loved. Hopefully it works out and you rekindle the flame and you're happy in the long run for the forseeable future. Thanks for the sex, and thanks for letting us live rent free in the minds of the Husker faithful. #knightsby90

The problem here is very simple. Fans like Blackshirts have such a simple existence and boring life that they bank all of their happiness on the success of Nobraska football. Now that they think that they have a glimmer of hope or a ray of optimism, they put up a defense mechanism that blocks out any rational thinking to the contrary and reality is obscured

Any talk about “the savior” failing brings about immediate fear and insecurity. That’s really the last hope for Nobraska fans and they all know it. The whole country knows it. Every year of failure makes their past success become even more ancient history.

No Nobraska success = No happiness at all for many fans.

The problem here is very simple. Fans like Blackshirts have such a simple existence and boring life that they bank all of their happiness on the success of Nobraska football. Now that they think that they have a glimmer of hope or a ray of optimism, they put up a defense mechanism that blocks out any rational thinking to the contrary and reality is obscured

Any talk about “the savior” failing brings about immediate fear and insecurity. That’s really the last hope for Nobraska fans and they all know it. The whole country knows it. Every year of failure makes their past success become even more ancient history.

No Nobraska success = No happiness at all for many fans.
Mikesi
You seem just as obsessed with football as BlackShirts. What you wrote could apply to yourself, but I wont hold it against you. You need to get off these boards and get a beer!

Mikesi
You seem just as obsessed with football as BlackShirts. What you wrote could apply to yourself, but I wont hold it against you. You need to get off these boards and get a beer!
I haven’t been on here for 24 hours as I have been out all day watching the NBA playoffs, but thanks for the advice. Beach all day yesterday. Nice to see you trolling our board all hours of the night.

You have to remember one important fact. UCF fans are essentially on their own board obsessing about football. That’s not out of the ordinary at all. Constantly trolling another team’s board day and night (Blackshirts) is just a whole other level of weirdness. Who does that?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT