ADVERTISEMENT

Juneteenth Will Be a Federal Holiday

This is correct.

The other variables are the issue, not biology. So racist assholes on Tucker Carlson Show shouldn't be using biology as the primary differentiator.
Yes, the other variables are what leads to the outcome. get it yet?

• Wow
Reactions: chemmie
At the risk of experiencing the vitriol of KnighttimeJoe for not following his advice and resisting the urge to comment further in what has become a ridiculous thread, here's one more comment:

Facts aren't racist but the comments by Tucker Carlson's guest on Fox News certainly were. Comments which you indicated you agreed with.

We all make mistakes here. It goes with the territory when we offer up our blowhard opinions on a regular basis. If you want to 'stand by' one you've made, that's fine. But let's be clear here: You said "nothing Carlson's guest said was untrue." FYI, he was talking about biology.
So obviously you didn't even take the time to watch the video IN YOUR OWN LINK because he never mentioned biology.

Like I said earlier, you guys have no capacity to have a conversation in good faith because you actually believe that the strawman you've created is real.

I'm just suggesting that without Comparative data, be it from state to state or demographic to demographic, it paints a more accurate picture of what is going on so we can address issues more directly and appropriately.

So, you admit to being deliberately vague, just like I said.

It doesn't matter what you call it, "cause," "factor," or "variable," the bottom line is that "white" or "black" or "Asian" or "Indian" or "Hispanic" isn't part of the equation that determines IQ. To suggest otherwise is racism.

So obviously you didn't even take the time to watch the video IN YOUR OWN LINK because he never mentioned biology.
Correct. The word, 'biology' was never used.

However, in the interview, this Carlson guest argued that "the cognitive demands" of some occupations mean "a whole lot more white people are qualified to do them than Black people."

You're telling us that's NOT a biological argument??!? :oops:

Correct. The word, 'biology' was never used.

However, in the interview, this Carlson guest argued that "the cognitive demands" of some occupations mean "a whole lot more white people are qualified to do them than Black people."

You're telling us that's NOT a biological argument??!? :oops:
No, it is not. It's an observation on how black Americans, for whatever environmental reasons, have lower cognitive abilities as white Americans, who also have lower cognitive abilities as Asian Americans and that leads to lower level of personal outcomes for those individuals. Maybe if you took it at face value instead of reactively saying that it's racist, you could ask the question "so what is going on in the black community that we are getting worse outcomes and what can we do about it?".

Get it yet? Stop looking for racism and start recognizing that there is a problem. It's no wonder why black people are sick of white wokeness

Why are white woke people all up in arms about funding for majority black inner-city schools if it has no effect on the future cognitive abilities or the IQ of those students?

Do they need better education or do they not? How did you come to this conclusion?

• Dislike
Reactions: chemmie
So some dumb yoyo on TV makes a stupid statement, any you guys are going to argue about it. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

So some dumb yoyo on TV makes a stupid statement, any you guys are going to argue about it. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.
He didn't make a stupid statement. What he said is factually correct, just like if he were to say that black Americans have lower average tests scores than white Americans. If that is something we are not allowed to discuss or even consider, then I don't want to hear about how we need more funding for predominantly black schools. There is no evidence it is needed, right?

You're ready to stir the pot today. 🍿
It won't stir the pot because everybody knows it's true. Sure, they'll get uncomfortable and call me a racist but it's because deep down they want to say the same thing but are afraid to.

He didn't make a stupid statement. What he said is factually correct, just like if he were to say that black Americans have lower average tests scores than white Americans. If that is something we are not allowed to discuss or even consider, then I don't want to hear about how we need more funding for predominantly black schools. There is no evidence it is needed, right?
It was a stupid and racist statement. He said the cognitive demands of some professions dictate they are done by white people. Not people who grew up in a favorable environment for optimizing intelligence…white people. Do you think there is a correlation between race and intelligence? We know there are environmental factors that impact IQ testing. But that wasn’t the way it was framed. It was a comment made on the network that garners the most white nationalist viewers to sooth their butthurt over Juneteenth.

It was a stupid and racist statement. He said the cognitive demands of some professions dictate they are done by white people. Not people who grew up in a favorable environment for optimizing intelligence…white people. Do you think there is a correlation between race and intelligence? We know there are environmental factors that impact IQ testing. But that wasn’t the way it was framed. It was a comment made on the network that garners the most white nationalist viewers to sooth their butthurt over Juneteenth.
Unbelievable. Yes, there is a correlation between average intelligence and race. Not causation, but correlation. The causation is environmental factors. As I pointed out above, if this is not true then they are lying to us about test scores, therefore there is no reason to invest more on minority education than we already do. Stop looking for racism around every corner and you guys could have an honest conversation.

Just so we are all on the same page, this is the definition of racism by the foremost authority on the subject.

Unbelievable. Yes, there is a correlation between average intelligence and race. Not causation, but correlation. The causation is environmental factors. As I pointed out above, if this is not true then they are lying to us about test scores, therefore there is no reason to invest more on minority education than we already do. Stop looking for racism around every corner and you guys could have an honest conversation.
Right. There is no causation. If there is no causation there is only one reason to relate the discussion to race rather than the actual causes. You aren’t that dense. I’m sure of it.

Right. There is no causation. If there is no causation there is only one reason to relate the discussion to race rather than the actual causes. You aren’t that dense. I’m sure of it.
Lol, nice deflection. Just answer this question with a yes or no: do black Americans have lower average test scores than white Americans? No assumption of cause, just a recognition or denial of the statement.

Lol, nice deflection. Just answer this question with a yes or no: do black Americans have lower average test scores than white Americans? No assumption of cause, just a recognition or denial of the statement.
Yes, in the same way that ice cream consumption leads to increased incidence of drowning, being African American leads to a lower IQ. It’s predictable your stance here. Be better next time.

My favorite thing about the Juneteenth vote is that its exposed the “Party of Lincoln” lie that gets pushed around these days. Only Republicans voted against it. So much for the Party of Lincoln!

My favorite thing about the Juneteenth vote is that its exposed the “Party of Lincoln” lie that gets pushed around these days. Only Republicans voted against it. So much for the Party of Lincoln!
If you really think this is about Juneteenth and not about muh Federal holidays that are bad because the lazy Federal workers are lazy and stuff, then I don't know what to tell you. Those people who voted against it aren't racist. YOU'RE RACIST FOR EVEN SUGGESTING IT. They love all people because all lives matter and some of their best friends are black.

So, stop being racist, because they aren't racist. YOU'RE THE RACIST problem you racist pig.

Reactions: OLearyLastCall
Yes, in the same way that ice cream consumption leads to increased incidence of drowning, being African American leads to a lower IQ. It’s predictable your stance here. Be better next time.
When 87% of the highest scores come from one race, I'd say it's fair to state that there is a correlation between race and score. "Why" is the question, and it's not racist to ask it.

When 87% of the highest scores come from one race, I'd say it's fair to state that there is a correlation between race and score. "Why" is the question, and it's not racist to ask it.
What question was asked? The guy said that some jobs have to be done by white people due to a difference in cognitive ability. That’s not asking any question. And we already know the answers to the questions you are alluding to. It’s an argument in bad faith. There is a correlation between marriages in Alabama and power lines executions.

Nobody is making the argument that there are less electrocutions because Bubba stopped marrying his cousin. Because we actually know the reasons.

Of course not. You're simply parroting the same thoughts as Tucker Carlson's guest, Charles Murray.

Murray came to the nation's attention when he wrote The Bell Curve in 1996 which posited...wait for it.... a genetic basis for the observed differences between black and white IQs.

The Southern Poverty Law Center describes Charles Murray as “one of the most influential social scientists in America, using racist pseudoscience and misleading statistics to argue that social inequality is caused by the genetic inferiority of the black and Latino communities, women and the poor.”

According to Murray, disadvantaged groups are disadvantaged because, on average, they cannot compete with white men, who are intellectually, psychologically and morally superior.

Now let's all watch Crazyhole play his little dance around game for the umpteenth time here.

What question was asked? The guy said that some jobs have to be done by white people due to a difference in cognitive ability. That’s not asking any question. And we already know the answers to the questions you are alluding to. It’s an argument in bad faith. There is a correlation between marriages in Alabama and power lines executions.

Nobody is making the argument that there are less electrocutions because Bubba stopped marrying his cousin. Because we actually know the reasons.
That's a non-sequitor.

I dont know what brought up the topic in the TC clip, I'm just saying that he was factually correct, and that isn't offensive. I'm willing to accept data, and then ask "why?" and "what should be done to address it if anything?".

Of course not. You're simply parroting the same thoughts as Tucker Carlson's guest, Charles Murray.

Murray came to the nation's attention when he wrote The Bell Curve in 1996 which posited...wait for it.... a genetic basis for the observed differences between black and white IQs.

The Southern Poverty Law Center describes Charles Murray as “one of the most influential social scientists in America, using racist pseudoscience and misleading statistics to argue that social inequality is caused by the genetic inferiority of the black and Latino communities, women and the poor.”

According to Murray, disadvantaged groups are disadvantaged because, on average, they cannot compete with white men, who are intellectually, psychologically and morally superior.

Now let's all watch Crazyhole play his little dance around game for the umpteenth time here.
I dont agree with his conclusion there. I think it is largely environmental, but I'm open to the idea that genetics could play a smaller role. 87% would indicate that there possibly is a genetic correlation but I have no idea how you would quantify it. I'm just looking at the data.

That's a non-sequitor.

I dont know what brought up the topic in the TC clip, I'm just saying that he was factually correct, and that isn't offensive. I'm willing to accept data, and then ask "why?" and "what should be done to address it if anything?".
It wasn’t factually correct. He stated word for word that entry into certain professions is limited to mainly white people due to the cognitive demands of the job. You rate this statement “factually correct”? Again, it’s a bad faith argument. We know that entry into certain professions is limited to those of certain means and socioeconomic status. And we also know, based on his history, why he’s not making this particular argument. Do you think Obama’s daughters are more set up to qualify for a job seen as “cognitively demanding” than a white person living in poverty? The answer to this question will define if you are blatantly racist or just tacitly.

Reactions: DaShuckster
It wasn’t factually correct. He stated word for word that entry into certain professions is limited to mainly white people due to the cognitive demands of the job. You rate this statement “factually correct”? Again, it’s a bad faith argument. We know that entry into certain professions is limited to those of certain means and socioeconomic status. And we also know, based on his history, why he’s not making this particular argument. Do you think Obama’s daughters are more set up to qualify for a job seen as “cognitively demanding” than a white person living in poverty? The answer to this question will define if you are blatantly racist or just tacitly.
Yes, Obamas daughters are more set up to succeed than a white person living in poverty. That doesn't exclude the white poor person from succeeding just like it doesn't exclude a black poor person, nor does it mean that rich people are destined to success.

Yes, Obamas daughters are more set up to succeed than a white person living in poverty. That doesn't exclude the white poor person from succeeding just like it doesn't exclude a black poor person, nor does it mean that rich people are destined to success.
Not “succeed”. Qualify for a “cognitively demanding” job. And your last sentence actually belies your support for Murray’s thesis.

Not “succeed”. Qualify for a “cognitively demanding” job. And your last sentence actually belies your support for Murray’s thesis.
Fine, "qualify for" is an OK way of putting it. People with higher test scores and more education will be more likely to qualify for those jobs. That doesn't seem to be a controversial statement.

I dont agree with his conclusion there. I think it is largely environmental, but I'm open to the idea that genetics could play a smaller role. 87% would indicate that there possibly is a genetic correlation but I have no idea how you would quantify it. I'm just looking at the data.
You would quantify it by controlling for other variables. Studies currently exist showing strong correlation between test scores and 2 factors, family income and proximity of the school to affluent neighborhoods. These are the strongest predictors of outcomes. African Americans are underrepresented in these groups. There is no evidence of a “dumb/smart” gene that would explain a difference in cognitive ability between races. And people aren’t generally 100% of any one particular racial makeup. There is no reasonable theory that postulates genetics over environment as the reason for a test score gap.

You would quantify it by controlling for other variables. Studies currently exist showing strong correlation between test scores and 2 factors, family income and proximity of the school to affluent neighborhoods. These are the strongest predictors of outcomes. African Americans are underrepresented in these groups. There is no evidence of a “dumb/smart” gene that would explain a difference in cognitive ability between races. And people aren’t generally 100% of any one particular racial makeup. There is no reasonable theory that postulates genetics over environment as the reason for a test score gap.
Golly, it only took 2 pages to get you to agree with me.

Black Americans are twice as likely to not have a car than white Americans.

Clearly this assumes that there is a genetic connection because it includes subdivisions based on race.

This may be the stupidest thread since beard mullet toilet paper. At least that one was entertaining.
It's that kind of attitude that allows society to accept the idea that highways are racist. You're willing to give the inch that leads to a mile.

Black Americans are twice as likely to not have a car than white Americans.

Clearly this assumes that there is a genetic connection because it includes subdivisions based on race.
Why? Who has a problem with stating that African Americans have generally lower test scores? My problem was with the racist comment that some jobs more suit white people due to being “cognitively demanding”. Coming from a guy who has made it known that he thinks African Americans are genetically inferior.

Why? Who has a problem with stating that African Americans have generally lower test scores? My problem was with the racist comment that some jobs more suit white people due to being “cognitively demanding”. Coming from a guy who has made it known that he thinks African Americans are genetically inferior.
Lol. Again with the strawman. I never once said that black people are genetically inferior, in fact I have actually shown where they may be genetically superior.

Lol. Again with the strawman. I never once said that black people are genetically inferior, in fact I have actually shown where they may be genetically superior.
Where did I say anything about your particular view? I couldn’t give two shits about that. I’m talking about the guy on Tucker Carltons show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT