ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh Vote Now in Jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, he seemingly tried to be a little slick with some of his answers. When asked if he ever drank to the point of blacking out, he didn’t say, “I never drank to the point of blacking out.” He said, “I never drank beer to the point of blacking out.”

Last edited:
You've picked out 2 or 3 things from an hours-long testimony and interview and you're saying "every other minute." Stop misrepresenting what happened.

Well, here, pick a few more then. Taken from elsewhere. Also keep in mind that Flake already said if he lied about anything at all, he gets a no vote. And keep in mind that Senator Blumenthal quoted the legal principle "Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.” This is a legal principle that dictates jurors can rule a witness to be false in everything if he says one thing that is not true."

1. He lied about Devil's Triangle. A Devil's Triangle is two different kinds of sexual acts, involving either a threesome, or three types of sexual intercourse with one woman in one night. It is not a drinking game. He lied about this several times and his classmates have called him out.

2. He lied about "bouf," which refers to anal intercourse, and not flatulence. He doubled down on this lie several times during testimony.

3. He lied about "Renata Alumnius." That referred to him going on a date with the purported class "slut." It was not about being her friend (and she recently said she was horrified by his yearbook references.) His testimony directly contradicts a poem about Renata written by one of his close friends found in the same yearbook he refers to himself as a Renata Alumnius, portraying Renata as a cheap and sleazy date.

4. He lied that the "Beach Week Ralph Club," which refers to vomiting from drinking at a traditional beach week (which all the schools around here have--we all know the expression). He lied and said it referred to his weak stomach.

5. He lied under oath about not watching Ford's testimony. Today. Witnesses saw him watching it. The Wall Street Journal reported he was watching it with others in the Senate's Dirksen Office Building. There are many press stories on this.

6. He lied about not knowing about stolen emails from the Democratic members of the judicial committee. He knew the emails were stolen and confirmed it in the emails the Judicial Committee republicans tried to suppress. The Washington Post gave him three pinocchios for this lie.

7. He lied about witnesses supporting his claims. They did not support his claims as he characterized their testimony. They generally supplied brief statements through lawyers about not remembering the party. This was no testimony. This was no independent investigation.

8. More specifically, Ford and Kavanaugh's mutual friend Leland Kaiser says while she does not remember that party, but she believes everything her friend Ford said about it. She has stated this to the press and it came up in testimony today.

9. Kavanugh lied about his drinking. He drank a lot in the last year of high school and college (and several witnesses say he drank a lot for years afterwards). Several friends of mine who specialize in alcoholism said he exhibited signs of having drunk before this hearing. He was referred to by his college roommate as a sloppy and belligerent drunk. We saw glimpses of that belligerence today. Dozens of his contemporaries have confirmed how aggressive he becomes with drinking.

10. He lied that never drunk on weekdays in the summer of 1982. In his own calendar, he referred to "skis," which he admitted refer to "brewskis," with Mark and PJ on Thursday July 1 in a calendar entry that matches closely Ford's account. Most of the people in that list were the same mentioned by Ford in her testimony. He drank. On that Thursday night. After working out.

11. He lied about Judge not remembering what happened. Six weeks after the incident, probably mid-August 1982, Ford reported seeing Judge at the Potomac Safeway in River Road near where we live. Local newspapers have confirmed that Judge worked there at the time Ford said. No one has refuted her testimony that Judge was "nervous" and had "turned white." The committee is still refusing to interview or depose or subpoena Judge.

12. He lied that "100 kegs or bust" did not indicate a lot of drinking in 1982-3. He was part of a group endeavoring to drink 100 kegs that year, and his best friend became a serious alcoholic and admitted to sexual assault resembling this assault during that period to his girlfriend. His girlfriend was also not deposed by the committee.

13. He lied about Trump in the first line of his first press conference as nominee. He lied about Trump doing more vetting than for any other Supreme Court nominee in modern history. In fact, Trump vetted much much less than other modern President's, admittedly working from short lists provided by two conservative think tanks, which he announced in advance he would limit his choice to. Several books have confirmed that Trump spent little time on the vetting.

14. He lied that he is "open to any investigation." He is not and is actively participating in blocking the testimony of eye witness Mark Judge, his girlfiend, and other participants. Judge is hiding out in a beach house on the eastern shore and Judge being interviewed by the FBI. Kavanaugh is actively involved in strategizing about evidence suppression, at all day strategy meetings with Trump's lawyers.

15. He lied about the nature of Mark's book. He said that both it was part of his therapy and coming clean as an alcoholic and drug addict, and called the book "fictional." It can't be both a testimonial of a recovering alcoholic and fictional at the same time.

16. He refuses to answer the question again and again about whether or not there should be an investigation and whether or not his friend Mark Judge should be questioned, further belying that he is "open to investigation."

17. He is lying about whether he was the "Bart O'Kavanaugh" in Mark Judge's book. He knows the drunken and vomiting "O'Kavanaugh" is him.

18. He is lying about never having forgot anything about the night after a night of drinking. There are several testimonials from classmates to this effect.

19. He is lying that there is a conspiracy against him and that Ford's charges are trumped up and part of that conspiracy. The best evidence of no conspiracy is how his high school classmate Gorsuch--they were one year about apart at Georgetown Prep--was subject to no such conspiracy, in confirmation hearings just months ago. Gorsuch is honorable. Judge is lying.

20. Kavanaugh supporter Whelan helped concoct the story of other men taking credit for assaulting Ford. Whelan has deleted all of his tweets after being challenged on the completely bogus stories he was advancing by his colleagues. The dissembling tweets are gone.

By the way, he seemingly tried to be a little slick with some of his answers. When asked if he ever drank to the point of blacking out, he didn’t say, “I never drank to the point of blacking out.” He said, “I never drank beer to the point of blacking out.”
Have you ever? This is what I think is pathetic. I have never drank in my life, and all of you @$$hats that used to get drunk at parties and other times in high school and college are mouthing off about this.

I've never seen such great hypocrisy in my life, especially since some of you even made fun of people like me ... who made sure you got home safe. I also had no tolerance for women who used me as a 'scapegoat' because I got them home safe, and they told their parents I was the one that 'took them' and 'got them drunk,' because they didn't want to 'get their boyfriend in trouble.'

So I've seen plenty of BS non-sense in my life, for various, 'justified' (to the person saying things) reasons. I've had a friend arrested for domestic assault of a neighbor, because she didn't want her husband to get into trouble.

Stop condemning someone over political reasons, when you've done far worse. That's why this is becoming a joke to anyone with remote objectivity.

Have you ever? This is what I think is pathetic. I have never drank in my life, and all of you @$$hats that used to get drunk at parties and other times in high school and college are mouthing off about this.

I've never seen such great hypocrisy in my life, especially since some of you even made fun of people like me ... who made sure you got home safe. I also had no tolerance for women who used me as a 'scapegoat' because I got them home safe, and they told their parents I was the one that 'took them' and 'got them drunk,' because they didn't want to 'get their boyfriend in trouble.'

So I've seen plenty of BS non-sense in my life, for various, 'justified' (to the person saying things) reasons. I've had a friend arrested for domestic assault of a neighbor, because she didn't want her husband to get into trouble.

Stop condemning someone over political reasons, when you've done far worse. That's why this is becoming a joke to anyone with remote objectivity.

^^^^^Do you know what they call that??...getting boofed.

Reactions: UCFBS

So a potential future Supreme Court Justice consistently lying under oath is perfectly fine and it’s a joke if you say it’s not? You get to determine what he can/can’t lie about while under oath? Yikes.

Last edited:
^^^^^Do you know what they call that??...getting boofed.
when they are done boofing Kavanaugh.
Yep. I know a couple of 'ladies' (once I had reached driving age) that even bragged, "Just blame Bryan." The main reason it stuck is because my character was 'beyond reproach.'

It's amazing what some women -- even today -- claim "makes them feel uncomfortable."

I used to have to endure 2 hours/day of heavy, sexual innuendo and joking ... sometimes at my expense. One time I made an issue of it, and even a counter-joke, and suddenly I found myself at the other end of a "sexual harassment" claim -- although only verbal.

I almost resigned, tired of the prior non-sense any way, but my management appealed to me. So I stayed.

Once it started up again, at least some of the men finally told the 2 women to 'shut up' or 'they'd get fired right with me.' So might say that was 'threatening them,' but in reality, it was just warning those 2 ladies that they -- not me -- was causing the problem, and causing it to continue.

And one was harassing a couple of other guys too, let alone had a sexual mouth on her. So other men were finally getting 'sick of it' after they saw her 'turn me in' -- and I was the most straight-laced person -- and she was the most flirtatious of them all.

At some point, it's all just BS posturing with some of most egregious women being the ones that 'take advantage' of the system. But because women won't hold other women accountable, like we men do -- especially in the 21st century -- the problem continues.

I don't know jack about Kavanaugh. But I've seen my share of 'ladies' that pull this crap. It's hard to take an 'activist' at her word, when the entire feminist community is anti-Kavanaugh before this even started, and they dragged the #metoo community into it with this.
The man may be guilty. But there's no way he'll even get a fair shake on this ... ever.

And seeing both men and women being continual, judgmental hypocrites when they've been even less responsible just makes me SMH. May all of you who are picking apart drinking in someone else's youth have the same microscope put on your life as well.

I know, I used to help most of you get up after you puked at parties, and came to them to ensure no one drove home drunk. In some cases, I even consulted parents, who would often assume things about me regardless -- if their kids didn't use me as the 'scapegoat.'

Reactions: UCFWayne
I also had no tolerance for women who used me as a 'scapegoat' because I got them home safe, and they told their parents I was the one that 'took them' and 'got them drunk,' because they didn't want to 'get their boyfriend in trouble.'

Jesus dude. It's messed up that that happened to you but it doesn't mean every woman lies about sexual assault. It 100% has no impact on if Dr Ford was lying. You can't just mistrust all accusations because of some of your personal experience.

BTW, I think we're going to see the first, modern impeachment process pulled on a SCOTUS Justice, even if Kavanaugh gets in -- at least if the Democrats take back Congress.

I guess this is why this makes me most sick to my civcs stomach. Democrats have sold the entire "Re-taking Congress" an imperative for the #metoo movement, based on Kavanaugh and accusations.

It's absolutely no different than W. making the case that Iraq was part of the War on Terror -- sleight-of-logic, to a political end. This is the level we've stooped to, and destroyed a man's name in the 11th hour without any investigation.

And the likely future of how Congress will de-legitimize SCOTUS. The SCOTUS has been the "last bastion of freedom" in the US system, protecting the erosion of our rights. And if Congress gets such an avenue ... it's all over.

Even if Kavanaugh confirmed to Supreme Court, fight over sex assault allegations unlikely to end

Totally. It's amazing to see the level of hypocrisy from men too, men who did far worse in high school and college.

If those men were in the nation’s capitol being interviewed by Senators about a sexual assault case and consistently lying under oath, they probably shouldn’t be on the Supreme Court either.

If those men were in the nation’s capitol being interviewed by Senators about a sexual assault case and consistently lying under oath, they probably shouldn’t be on the Supreme Court either.
^^^ Thanx for proving my point.

When it's #metoo, all Republicans lie, and we must save the country from rapists by voting in Democrats. Because Democrats are always protecting women, and they never drank like Republicans did in high school and college.

After all, every accusation against Republucabs are always true, and they always lie under oath, even if details cannot be collaborated, and some even counter collaborated. Democrats never do, and were saints in high school and college. Right?

As someone who never drank, and saw everything, I saw all BS. Irresponsibility isn't limited to one party or sex. In fact, it's all over both parties, and traditionally, Democrats most.

That's why this BS has been turned up to a whole new level of hypocrisy. And a man is in front of the nation, having to explain how much he drank in high school.

Seriously. You guys look like idiots talking high school laundry, and are only undermining #metoo, let alone giving the Men Right's Movement (MRM) an influx of new members.

This is real world Red Pill.

^^^ Thanx for proving my point.

When it's #metoo, all Republicans lie, and we must save the country from rapists by voting in Democrats. Because Democrats are always protecting women, and they never drank like Republicans did in high school and college.

After all, every accusation against Republucabs are always true, and they always lie under oath, even if details cannot be collaborated, and some even counter collaborated. Democrats never do, and were saints in high school and college. Right?

As someone who never drank, and saw everything, I saw all BS. Irresponsibility isn't limited to one party or sex. In fact, it's all over both parties, and traditionally, Democrats most.

That's why this BS has been turned up to a whole new level of hypocrisy. And a man is in front of the nation, having to explain how much he drank in high school.

Seriously. You guys look like idiots talking high school laundry, and are only undermining #metoo, let alone giving the Men Right's Movement (MRM) an influx of new members.

This is real world Red Pill.

What the hell are you talking about? We’re not talking about Republicans, Democrats, which party has members who drink more, the #metoo movement, etc. We’re merely talking about a man trying to be a Supreme Court Justice who’s consistently lying under oath. You can’t be a Supreme Court Justice if you lie under oath. This is common sense stuff.

What was with the statement about the "Clintons out to get him"?? WTF was that all about. I know where it came from but isn't it far fetched?
You mean the Clintons weren't the reason #metoo was held back until 2017? Seriously, beyond Monica, Juanita Broadwick was shunned by #metoo until 2017.

But people were also saying Hillary had nothing to do with her husband's transgressions in 2016. Again, until women hold women accountable, #metoo will remain a political movement.

That's gotta change. And as the power of the Clintons slip, they will have to face a lot in the coming years. Until then, yes, they have a lot of power.

They have preventing the filming and release of a lot of negative media of themselves as well. It's quite the story on its own. Even Woodward had touched on this fact too even as he released his Trump book.

What the hell are you talking about? We’re not talking about Republicans, Democrats, which party has members who drink more, the #metoo movement, etc. We’re merely talking about a man trying to be a Supreme Court Justice who’s consistently lying under oath. You can’t be a Supreme Court Justice if you lie under oath. This is common sense stuff.
The entire American public is getting boofed.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
Well, here, pick a few more then. Taken from elsewhere. Also keep in mind that Flake already said if he lied about anything at all, he gets a no vote. And keep in mind that Senator Blumenthal quoted the legal principle "Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.” This is a legal principle that dictates jurors can rule a witness to be false in everything if he says one thing that is not true."

1. He lied about Devil's Triangle. A Devil's Triangle is two different kinds of sexual acts, involving either a threesome, or three types of sexual intercourse with one woman in one night. It is not a drinking game. He lied about this several times and his classmates have called him out.

2. He lied about "bouf," which refers to anal intercourse, and not flatulence. He doubled down on this lie several times during testimony.

3. He lied about "Renata Alumnius." That referred to him going on a date with the purported class "slut." It was not about being her friend (and she recently said she was horrified by his yearbook references.) His testimony directly contradicts a poem about Renata written by one of his close friends found in the same yearbook he refers to himself as a Renata Alumnius, portraying Renata as a cheap and sleazy date.

4. He lied that the "Beach Week Ralph Club," which refers to vomiting from drinking at a traditional beach week (which all the schools around here have--we all know the expression). He lied and said it referred to his weak stomach.

5. He lied under oath about not watching Ford's testimony. Today. Witnesses saw him watching it. The Wall Street Journal reported he was watching it with others in the Senate's Dirksen Office Building. There are many press stories on this.

6. He lied about not knowing about stolen emails from the Democratic members of the judicial committee. He knew the emails were stolen and confirmed it in the emails the Judicial Committee republicans tried to suppress. The Washington Post gave him three pinocchios for this lie.

7. He lied about witnesses supporting his claims. They did not support his claims as he characterized their testimony. They generally supplied brief statements through lawyers about not remembering the party. This was no testimony. This was no independent investigation.

8. More specifically, Ford and Kavanaugh's mutual friend Leland Kaiser says while she does not remember that party, but she believes everything her friend Ford said about it. She has stated this to the press and it came up in testimony today.

9. Kavanugh lied about his drinking. He drank a lot in the last year of high school and college (and several witnesses say he drank a lot for years afterwards). Several friends of mine who specialize in alcoholism said he exhibited signs of having drunk before this hearing. He was referred to by his college roommate as a sloppy and belligerent drunk. We saw glimpses of that belligerence today. Dozens of his contemporaries have confirmed how aggressive he becomes with drinking.

10. He lied that never drunk on weekdays in the summer of 1982. In his own calendar, he referred to "skis," which he admitted refer to "brewskis," with Mark and PJ on Thursday July 1 in a calendar entry that matches closely Ford's account. Most of the people in that list were the same mentioned by Ford in her testimony. He drank. On that Thursday night. After working out.

11. He lied about Judge not remembering what happened. Six weeks after the incident, probably mid-August 1982, Ford reported seeing Judge at the Potomac Safeway in River Road near where we live. Local newspapers have confirmed that Judge worked there at the time Ford said. No one has refuted her testimony that Judge was "nervous" and had "turned white." The committee is still refusing to interview or depose or subpoena Judge.

12. He lied that "100 kegs or bust" did not indicate a lot of drinking in 1982-3. He was part of a group endeavoring to drink 100 kegs that year, and his best friend became a serious alcoholic and admitted to sexual assault resembling this assault during that period to his girlfriend. His girlfriend was also not deposed by the committee.

13. He lied about Trump in the first line of his first press conference as nominee. He lied about Trump doing more vetting than for any other Supreme Court nominee in modern history. In fact, Trump vetted much much less than other modern President's, admittedly working from short lists provided by two conservative think tanks, which he announced in advance he would limit his choice to. Several books have confirmed that Trump spent little time on the vetting.

14. He lied that he is "open to any investigation." He is not and is actively participating in blocking the testimony of eye witness Mark Judge, his girlfiend, and other participants. Judge is hiding out in a beach house on the eastern shore and Judge being interviewed by the FBI. Kavanaugh is actively involved in strategizing about evidence suppression, at all day strategy meetings with Trump's lawyers.

15. He lied about the nature of Mark's book. He said that both it was part of his therapy and coming clean as an alcoholic and drug addict, and called the book "fictional." It can't be both a testimonial of a recovering alcoholic and fictional at the same time.

16. He refuses to answer the question again and again about whether or not there should be an investigation and whether or not his friend Mark Judge should be questioned, further belying that he is "open to investigation."

17. He is lying about whether he was the "Bart O'Kavanaugh" in Mark Judge's book. He knows the drunken and vomiting "O'Kavanaugh" is him.

18. He is lying about never having forgot anything about the night after a night of drinking. There are several testimonials from classmates to this effect.

19. He is lying that there is a conspiracy against him and that Ford's charges are trumped up and part of that conspiracy. The best evidence of no conspiracy is how his high school classmate Gorsuch--they were one year about apart at Georgetown Prep--was subject to no such conspiracy, in confirmation hearings just months ago. Gorsuch is honorable. Judge is lying.

20. Kavanaugh supporter Whelan helped concoct the story of other men taking credit for assaulting Ford. Whelan has deleted all of his tweets after being challenged on the completely bogus stories he was advancing by his colleagues. The dissembling tweets are gone.
At least half of those are refutable or aren’t actual lies but you love to use that word whether it’s appropriate or not. The few that address his actions, such as whether he watched her testimony or not are concerning but who cares either way. Just like who cares either way what boofed means or if someone wrote Devils Triangle in his yearbook.

It’s all distraction from an allegation for which there is absolutely no proof and from a woman who many are proclaiming is credible but we are not allowed to actually determine her credibility. We’ve ignored his entire post-scholastic life, both professional and civic, and have now focused on examining what a few high school students said in a yearbook. We are examining him in as much detail as anyone has ever been examined to find anything, ANYTHING, that will convince us that he is not credible.

But Ford, she’s credible because she exists. And she serves a purpose.

Reactions: UCFBS
At least half of those are refutable or aren’t actual lies but you love to use that word whether it’s appropriate or not. The few that address his actions, such as whether he watched her testimony or not are concerning but who cares either way. Just like who cares either way what boofed means or if someone wrote Devils Triangle in his yearbook.

It’s all distraction from an allegation for which there is absolutely no proof and from a woman who many are proclaiming is credible but we are not allowed to actually determine her credibility. We’ve ignored his entire post-scholastic life, both professional and civic, and have now focused on examining what a few high school students said in a yearbook. We are examining him in as much detail as anyone has ever been examined to find anything, ANYTHING, that will convince us that he is not credible.

The biggest irony in my life has been the fact that I have defended people from others who are being judged by those who were far less responsible and far worse in their personal affairs as young ladies and men. And when the target is turned on me, someone who has never drank, never done drugs, got married young in life and considered extremely responsible by all his pears ... all while I have not spent my life judging others (in fact, usually getting on men for talking down to women, or evaluating their looks poorly), it just gets even more laughable.

Would I have been friends with Kavanaugh in my youth? Hardly. But would I have been friends with Ford either? Hardly as well.

And then we have the 2nd accuser, who was college age when Kavanaugh was in high school. I'm not going to even touch that one.

Men are not only becoming far more responsible for their actions in the 21st century, but we are all holding each other very accountable.

Women, on the other hand, feel empowered, and too many believe that exposing just 1 woman as a 'problem' will undermine the entire movement -- Hillary Clinton being the primo example in recent years, among others.

The Men's Right Movement (MRM) is starting. Feminist and #metoo sees it as the biggest threat to them. But why is that?

Because just a single issue with a single woman is seen as a problem. Which is why we don't question 'eyewitnesses' when it comes to #metoo, even though all eyewitnesses -- even when first-hand -- are always unreliable, when the parties are not previously familiar with one another.

No one is talking about those simple statistics.
No one is visiting the fact of the latent memory.
And no one wants to talk about the 100% non-collaboration of witnesses.

That's what bothers me most.
Because anyone can be smeared like this.
The fact that we're talking about things 80%+ of high school kids do -- men and women -- as "character" is probably the most exposing of all of this.

And I say that as someone who never drank, and saw all of the hypocrites here in the raw.

Who cares? The law! You are not allowed to LIE under oath. This is especially true if you are trying to be a Supreme Court Justice. It’s incredible that you seemingly think it’s okay that someone can sit there and say a whole bunch of lies under oath during an investigation.

And so it begins, as I've been warning ...

Kavanaugh will not teach at Harvard next year
"HLS must send a clear message that it takes sexual violence seriously," the letter reads, and adds that the accusations made against Kavanaugh, including those by Christine Blasey Ford of sexual and physical assault, are "credible and grave."
"They seriously call into question his character and morality," the letter reads, "and should disqualify him from a lifetime appointment as a Supreme Court Justice" and a Harvard Law School lecturer.
"We believe that Judge Kavanaugh's appointment as an HLS lecturer sends a message to law students, and in particular female students, that powerful men are above the law, and that obstructive, inappropriate behavior will be rewarded," the letter reads. "HLS would be tarnished to have him on campus in any position of authority."

Welcome to the new Progressive.

Lifetime ban on Kavanaugh's ability to work ... check
Commuted sentence for transgender service person leaking entire US State cables without reservation or redaction ... check

I think we've entered the era of not so much "special privileges" but "reserved privileges."

Every thing you listed there can be rebutted by someone that would defend him. Everyone of those examples was cut and pasted by so marine that does not have proof of their accusations. Let me guess, you think Ford was twllinbthe truth dont you?

The Washington Examiner is right-leaning, but this is just too good not to share ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-authored-by-admitted-anti-kavanaugh-partisan

Allowing her to be the paper's on-the-scene reporter for its huge (alleged) ice-throwing "scoop" was probably not the best editorial decision, a Times spokesperson conceded Tuesday (because that's the only problem with reporting an incident involving law enforcement officials and an individual who was not charged with anything).

“Emily Bazelon is a writer for The New York Times Magazine who occasionally writes op-eds for the opinion section. She is not a news reporter. Her role in this story was to help colleagues in the newsroom gather public documents in New Haven, where Emily is based,” the spokesperson said in a statement. “In retrospect, editors should have used a newsroom reporter for that assignment. To be clear, the story is straightforward, fact-based and we fully stand behind it.”

The Times' story has not been updated to indicate that one of its two authors is also an outspoken anti-Kavanaugh critic.
I'm also with the Examiner on this ...

The story only alleges he may have thrown some ice (I can’t believe this is a thing we’re writing).​

I guess we'll start questioning women who throw liquids and ice at men, among other things, too.

I think we've reached a low point in journalistic integrity. We're literally going to these types of levels, to find anything ... even if that's laughable. And yes, this is ... throwing ice 33 years ago in college is a laughable charge. But it seems we've gone there. And I'm not shocked. Would have been just a few years ago.

Totally. It's amazing to see the level of hypocrisy from men too, men who did far worse in high school and college.

Yeah, all those "far worse" guys. You know, the men who, unlike Kavanaugh, successfully raped their victims as boys in high school.

Guys who were teenagers in the 80s (and earlier) know damn good and well that drunk chicks were viewed by boys back then as 'easy scores.' Nobody ever talked about "gang bangs," because it was never viewed as rape. It was simply 'sex with a drunk girl who wanted it.'

The excuses Kavanaugh gave for his yearbook entries (i.e. boofing, devil's triangle, "(name of some girl) alumnae") were as lame as it gets.

It's amazing to see the extent some people will go to act like the incident Ford described was "no big deal."

Let me guess, you think Ford was twllinbthe truth dont you?

I think she was likely involved in an incident with Kavanaugh in high school, yes. I think it was basically as described. This is something that happens every single day and it happens millions of times per year. I honestly don’t find the claims far fetched or that surprising at all. He didn’t rape Ford and I don’t think he would have raped Ford. Unlike some out there, I don’t think the allegations are as horrible as some people like to portray. A guy made a drunk and aggressive move on a girl and she denied his advances. When she turned him down, she likely was loud in her objection and he tried to put his hand over her mouth so others nearby wouldn’t think something terrible was happening. Was it wrong? Absolutely. Am I going to sit here and judge him and pretend like he’s the worst person on the planet because of what he allegedly did? No. I may be one of the few people who thinks his incessant lying in court is more disqualifying of him being a Supreme Court Justice than the incident in question.

It is a very scary time to me a young male right now in America. Very scary.

LOL.

At least he finally admitted to what most of us have know for a long time: Trump and his ilk are scared old white guys who are afraid of anything they believe is an attack on their masculine, white, straight, Christian, way of life.

h77pr98n6tp11.jpg

Speaking of lying during the hearings.

MITCHELL: Have you ever had discussions with anyone, beside your attorneys, on how to take a polygraph?

FORD: Never.

MITCHELL: And I don’t just mean countermeasures, but I mean just any sort of tips, or anything like that.

FORD: No. I was scared of the test itself, but was comfortable that I could tell the information, and the test would reveal whatever it was going to reveal. I didn’t expect it to be as long as it was going to be, so it was a little bit stressful.

MITCHELL: Had — have you ever given tips or advice to somebody who was looking to take a polygraph test?

FORD: Never.”

Grassley reveals a sworn statement from a longtime boyfriend about Ford’s polygraph experience. This is why he’s asking for all of the polygraph data and not just the report, which they have yet to receive.

“I first met Christine Blasey (now Dr. Christine Blasey Ford) in 1989 or 1990 in California. From 1990-91, I was just friends with Ford. From approximately 1992 to 1998. I was in a relationship with Dr. Ford. I found her truthful and maintain no animus towards her.

During our time dating, Dr. Ford never brought up anything regarding her experience as a victim of sexual assault, harassment, or misconduct. Dr. Ford never mentioned Brett Kavanaugh.

During some of the time we were dating. Dr. Ford lived with Monica L. McLean, who I understood to be her life-long best friend. During that time, it was my understanding that McLean was interviewing for jobs with the FBI and lhc US Attorney’s Office. I witnessed Dr. Ford help McLean prepare for a potential polygraph exam. Dr. Ford explained in detail what to expect, how polygraphs worked and helped McLean become familiar and less nervous about the exam. Dr. Ford was able to help because of her background in psychology.”

What was that phrase Senator Blumenthal so arrogantly threw in Kavanaugh’s face about one lie all lies again?

This article will shed some light on what you're referencing to.

Also I should mention it would be damn near impossible to find a choir boy with squeaky clean record. Not to say they don't exist but let's be honest, many people had that highschool and college party phase.

There's nothing wrong with that it's a reality for most people's past. But let's keep it real it wouldn't have been a disqualifier if Kavanaugh had been open about it from the get go, so why would he go and present himself as a squeaky clean boy scout who only ever had good clean fun with some beer?

All the stuff from his year book might seem irrelevant but these facts paint a character profile and a pattern of behavior. This is more an revelation of Kavanaughs character and not really the character assassination it's purported to be. Character assassination would necessitate the characterizations to be lies which are being investigated by the FBI hopefully in a fair and thorough but quick manner.

I'll bring it back to this I said it from before all of this came out that Kavanaugh is too partisan to be a Justice on the SC. If his opening statement with all it's brazen partisan hostility along with it's Clinton left wing mega donor conspiracy theories didn't tell you that, than his open hostility to the Democratic senators questioning him through his testimony should have.

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Also I should mention it would be damn near impossible to find a choir boy with squeaky clean record. Not to say they don't exist but let's be honest, many people had that highschool and college party phase.

There's nothing wrong with that it's a reality for most people's past. But let's keep it real it wouldn't have been a disqualifier if Kavanaugh had been open about it from the get go, so why would he go and present himself as a squeaky clean boy scout who only ever had good clean fun with some beer?

All the stuff from his year book might seem irrelevant but these facts paint a character profile and a pattern of behavior. This is more an revelation of Kavanaughs character and not really the character assassination it's purported to be. Character assassination would necessitate the characterizations to be lies which are being investigated by the FBI hopefully in a fair and thorough but quick manner.

I'll bring it back to this I said it from before all of this came out that Kavanaugh is too partisan to be a Justice on the SC. If his opening statement with all it's brazen partisan hostility along with it's Clinton left wing mega donor conspiracy theories didn't tell you that, than his open hostility to the Democratic senators questioning him through his testimony should have.
I can understand what you’re saying. One thing we can’t really do is put ourselves in his shoes. Neither you nor I know what he went through during the Starr investigation. The Clintons have a reputation for a reason; it’s not just a media invention. Since then he has worked his ass off and has gained the respect of nearly everyone who worked with him, including current SCOTUS justices on both sides of the aisle. Then, on the eve of his confirmation, Diane Feinstein and the Democrats cross the line. You really can’t blame him for his opening remarks. You’d most likely feel persecuted in his place as well. I’m also going to guess that he regrets some of that opening already.

The important record to look back at is his record as a judge. Right now, you can list all of the accusers, tell me how many times he’s “lied,” what stupid garbage they wrote in a notebook, where his grandfather went to college, and a great deal of other aspects of his life, but can you tell me without looking it up what his judicial record is? What percentage he sided with the majority? Whether his rulings followed the letter of the law and precedent or whether he favored setting new precedent? Even what his rulings were on the hot button issues that people are all worked up over.

I’m going to guess that almost everyone on this board can’t answer any of those questions.

Gee- I wonder why his opening statement was a bit testy towards Democrats? I mean, it’s imlossible to figure why he may have a bone to pick with them right? Gee golly what was with him???

Oh that’s right- Senate Democrats launched a scorched earth campaign to smear him, destroy his career, destroy his family, and destroy his character. All in the name of partisanship and pandering to their base.

That’s right. He has contempt for Senate Democrats because they’re underserving of respect at this point.

That’s right.

I am still waiting for senators, and congressmen to release how much was paid out and who it was paid out for, from their tax payer paid slush fund for sexual harassment. The ones who needed it clearly do not have the temperament to serve.

Probe may end as early as today . That appears consistent with not much evidence against Kavanaugh

There’s no evidence, no corroboration, and a sexual assault expert prosecutor already stated that the testimony was so weak that she’d never bring charges.

There’s nothing to “probe” here. Even still, Democrats won’t accept the results. They’ll demand another year of inivestigarion.

Corey Booker already said he doesn’t care if BK is found innocent (again, he starts from the basis of BK being guilty) - he won’t accept BK to be legimitate.

The "Renate alumnus" deal is a perfect example of people inferring something and then calling him a liar when it doesn't match their presumption. He says they didnt have a sexual relationship, she says they didnt have a sexual relationship, but "gosh darnit that doesn't fit my narrative so he must be lying".

Ford:

Prosecutor Rachel Mitchell: "Have you ever given tips or advice to somebody who was looking to take a polygraph test?"

Christine Blasey Ford: "Never." pic.twitter.com/k5Pm424f22

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) September 30, 2018

Ford's ex-boyfriend:

During some of the time we were dating, Dr. Ford lived with Monica L. McLean, who I understood to be her life-long best friend. During that time, it was my understanding that McLean was interviewing with jobs with the FBI and the US Attorney’s Office. I witnessed Dr. Ford help McLean prepare for a potential polygraph exam. Dr. Ford explained in detail what to expect, how polygraphs worked and helped McLean become familiar and less nervous about the exam. Dr. Ford was able to help because of her background in psychology.

I demand the FBI investigate Ford for perjury!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT