ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Basketball Transfer Portal Open Thread

I haven't been paying attention to the bball transfers. Interesting though. I think every year there will be turnover like this. Unless you have a winning team already like FAU.

Dawkins is a good coach in my opinion. I hope he succeeds.

I’m not coming at you, because I know those were Brandon’s words that he tweeted out, but I don’t know where the “Hart was the best HS signee we had” idea came from.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not ideal to lose any incoming freshmen at this stage. But I never thought Hart would be a factor this upcoming year, I assumed he would redshirt (and then who knows after that). The level of Indiana HS competition he was playing at always left me pretty underwhelmed when I watched him play. And his offer list isn’t nearly as impressive as Emuobor’s. If any of the three were going to be in the rotation next year (or beyond), I thought it would be Emuobor. And Padegimas has a decent amount of international experience. I think he’s a project that can develop into a player down the road as well.

Unacceptable. I guess Dawkins is here for a good time, not a long time. Sure seems like he’s loading up on fifth-year transfers on the roster at the expense of anything beyond this season. Probably a one-year sheparding UCF into the Big12 situation is going down.

I haven't been paying attention to the bball transfers. Interesting though. I think every year there will be turnover like this. Unless you have a winning team already like FAU.

Dawkins is a good coach in my opinion. I hope he succeeds.
Just curious Dave. What do you like about him? I know he's famous but we're going down hill in almost snowball like fashion right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I’m not coming at you, because I know those were Brandon’s words that he tweeted out, but I don’t know where the “Hart was the best HS signee we had” idea came from.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not ideal to lose any incoming freshmen at this stage. But I never thought Hart would be a factor this upcoming year, I assumed he would redshirt (and then who knows after that). The level of Indiana HS competition he was playing at always left me pretty underwhelmed when I watched him play. And his offer list isn’t nearly as impressive as Emuobor’s. If any of the three were going to be in the rotation next year (or beyond), I thought it would be Emuobor. And Padegimas has a decent amount of international experience. I think he’s a project that can develop into a player down the road as well.
He’s going to Kentucky. He was our best signee.

Most won’t make a difference more than likely. But I do like the 7 footer we signed. Not sure if it will lead to wins though.
If you look at the team that almost beat Duke in the Big Dance, we had a HUGE Center (Tacko). So, some really big guys, that have some motor skill and some down low scoring ability, and some ball handler shooters (3 point), this could be the repeat combo that Dawkins can win with. Gotta have some 7 footers in there though (in today's game). Twin towers maybe? Tough to come by talented 7 footers.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
If you look at the team that almost beat Duke in the Big Dance, we had a HUGE Center (Tacko). So, some really big guys, that have some motor skill and some down low scoring ability, and some ball handler shooters (3 point), this could be the repeat combo that Dawkins can win with. Gotta have some 7 footers in there though (in today's game). Twin towers maybe? Tough to come by talented 7 footers.
Have to wait and see.

That team had 3-4 starters that had 4 years of being starters together, and two bench players that had multiple years of starting on other teams. Including a coaches son that was 23 years old, and of course one of the tallest players on any team.

The biggest problem Dawkins can't seem to have players play two consecutive years, let alone 4 years as starters.

That team had 3-4 starters that had 4 years of being starters together, and two bench players that had multiple years of starting on other teams. Including a coaches son that was 23 years old, and of course one of the tallest players on any team.

The biggest problem Dawkins can't seem to have players play two consecutive years, let alone 4 years as starters.
Totally G. I wonder why he can't keep guys? The losing maybe?

Two things are clear:

1. Brandon's a shriveled douche of a boy.

2. We're still going to suck even after we've signed these 2nd/3rd stringers.

Clearly, you are not connected to UCF sports at all. I don't know why you are allowed to post on Brandon's site. He is not only a UCFriend of mine but also a UCFriend of all UCF sports.

#UCFacts

Is today's college basketball really a group of guys that go thorough all 4 years together? Maybe it's just the top tier schools that have all these 1 and done guys.

Is today's college basketball really a group of guys that go thorough all 4 years together? Maybe it's just the top tier schools that have all these 1 and done guys.
No, its not common. However, any of the non elite schools that are not littered with all-Americans (No UCF is not going to be Duke, UNC, Kentucky, ect anytime soon) the schools that make noise come tournament time have a core group that has played together for years. Same goes for football. More realistic to find players willing to stick together than UCF to suddenly be a Blue Blood destination where they have to turn away 4 star recruits. FAU demonstrated that.

No, its not common. However, any of the non elite schools that are not littered with all-Americans (No UCF is not going to be Duke, UNC, Kentucky, ect anytime soon) the schools that make noise come tournament time have a core group that has played together for years. Same goes for football. More realistic to find players willing to stick together than UCF to suddenly be a Blue Blood destination where they have to turn away 4 star recruits. FAU demonstrated that.
TRU DAT G

FAU made the FINAL FOUR.

Let that sink in awhile.

UCF basketball has underperformed long enough. Send Dawkins to the showers after this season.

University of Texas for I. Horton (his fourth school in six years: Delaware, Pitt, UCF). Second year in a row UCF will lose their starting SG (and second consecutive year they will face that transfer the following year).

Pretty tough news this late in the process. I wonder if they can even find anyone else to fill the roster spot.

University of Texas for I. Horton (his fourth school in six years: Delaware, Pitt, UCF). Second year in a row UCF will lose their starting SG (and second consecutive year they will face that transfer the following year).

Pretty tough news this late in the process. I wonder if they can even find anyone else to fill the roster spot.
Any discussion of transfers, etc. for UCF basketball is just a bunch of "Noise". Until Dawkins is history, nothing matters. I've been saying this for 5 years and yet, the AD is still bashing his head against a wall and shouting "woe is me".

Any discussion of transfers, etc. for UCF basketball is just a bunch of "Noise". Until UCF builds a NIL $$ pool for Hoops, nothing matters. I've been saying this for 5 years and yet, the AD is still bashing his head against a wall and shouting "woe is me".
FIFY

Game has changed again.

98.6% of UCF NIL$$ are going to the football.program.and until THAT changes (may never change), it will almost be impossible to land a top transfer.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Afraid those days are mostly gone. It is becoming rare to build up a team anymore. You have to catch lightning in a bottle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT