ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska fans attending AAC Championship game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFKnight

Silver Knight
Aug 5, 2009
It was posted on the UCF to P6 Facebook group.

Nebraska fans attended the Temple game.

Do we need to be concerned about a large contingent of Nebraska fans showing up for the AAC Championship game?

They are morons if they do. The guy is leaving. We get it. All they are doing is asking for an ass whoopin' from a fanbase that will be bitter(and ESPECIALLY bitter if we lose).

If they are there to "just support Coach Frost", then wear UCF gear and we won't even notice. Wear Nebraska gear and you provoking a confrontation.

Reactions: SADUCFKNIGHT17
A) They’d be cheering and making noise for us... which would help the team.

B) I would really worry about our fan base’s reaction to them and how they would be treated...

If they do, that's on them for starting trouble and we'll just see how that goes. I don't want to hear any sob stories from their fanbase about how they were abused by the mean/classless UCF fans if they kick the hornets nest.

You guys really threatening Nebraska fans for wearing it to a game? I could see if they were being asshats but just wearing the paraphernalia is not a reason to hurt them. Yell at Frost when he's leaving field. That is mission accomplished.

Reactions: Wings0fred
You guys really threatening Nebraska fans for wearing it to a game? I could see if they were being asshats but just wearing the paraphernalia is not a reason to hurt them. Yell at Frost when he's leaving field. That is mission accomplished.
umm they are about to steal our coach and they are on the UCF Campus rubbing it in. This ain't the midwest, they deserve the heckling. Go to the game but don't wear N gear

Otis's Mom

There are bad fans in Nebraska just like all schools have. Most Nebraska fans started cheering for UCF when you hired him. I hope all Nebraska will root for UCF.

Honestly, I have zero sympathy for anyone that wear Nebraska gear to the game. Zero. They will get what they deserve. And this is coming from the guy that got blasted on this board for expecting our fanbase to be cordial to USF fans.
Classy

Reactions: NU_FTW
If they hold up Nebraska signs, nearby UCF fans should grab it and rip it up.

Although I think it would be low class to show up dressed in red, I wouldn't encourage any action in response to that.

I went to the UCF/SMU game. I cheered for the Knights and sat on their side of the field. They have a great team. I also observed Scott Frost and how he is a pretty cool customer on how he manages the team.

Nebraskans would love for UCF fans to come to our games. We would be very welcoming and friendly. Its a free country and anyone can attend any game of his choosing.

Reactions: the_anj and NU_FTW
I went to the UCF/SMU game. I cheered for the Knights and sat on their side of the field. They have a great team. I also observed Scott Frost and how he is a pretty cool customer on how he manages the team.

Nebraskans would love for UCF fans to come to our games. We would be very welcoming and friendly. Its a free country and anyone can attend any game of his choosing.
Not at UCF, you get a "beating" what a msg to send. Especially trying to get into a P5 conference. " You wear a different team apparel to our stadium we will beat your asses"

if Urban Meyer left for Ohio State immediately from UF without the 1 year break and their fans showed up to the Swamp in Ohio State Jerseys they would had a bad time, believe me
The fans have very little to do with this. We can't hire Frost and can't make him decide to come here. We are just spectators in this all just as you guys are. Just on opposite ends. Yes I agree showing up in husker gear is not probably the smartest move but they should have the right to wear whatever they choose without getting "beaten"

The fans have very little to do with this. We can't hire Frost and can't make him decide to come here. We are just spectators in this all just as you guys are. Just on opposite ends. Yes I agree showing up in husker gear is not probably the smartest move but they should have the right to wear whatever they choose without getting "beaten"
doubt that would happen but some heckling would happen

Reactions: husker2612
Why you would have an issue with anyone who showed up to support your team is beyond me.

I think you will see, most of the Nebraska fans are pulling for UCF, and want them to do well, and nothing will change. You will get a few dumb asses who say stuff, but I think if you polled Nebraska fans, they have pride that their guy has done well for your school, and are rooting for you. I know I am.

I think you will see, most of the Nebraska fans are pulling for UCF, and want them to do well, and nothing will change. You will get a few dumb asses who say stuff, but I think if you polled Nebraska fans, they have pride that their guy has done well for your school, and are rooting for you. I know I am.
Everyone I know is rooting for them.

You must have missed the part where I said the ones waiving signs at our players (like occurred at Temple as they exited at halftime). That it the definition of an asshat.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Not at UCF, you get a "beating" what a msg to send. Especially trying to get into a P5 conference. " You wear a different team apparel to our stadium we will beat your asses"
If any Nebraska fans dressed in red whip out signs to taunt our players like occurred at the halftime of the Temple game then there will likely be a confrontation. That goes beyond wearing team apparel to the stadium.

Kind of a silly question. Why would we "need to be concerned"? I'm going to the game to cheer for UCF, I don't care who else is there unless they're directly giving me a problem.

If any Nebraska fans dressed in red whip out signs to taunt our players like occurred at the halftime of the Temple game then there will likely be a confrontation. That goes beyond wearing team apparel to the stadium.
Agree, I could be wrong I think Nebraska showing up with signs had less to do with intentionally distracting the players and more so with showing support and pride for Frost. Not saying it is right. I don't think it was about disrespect.

Agree, I could be wrong I think Nebraska showing up with signs had less to do with intentionally distracting the players and more so with showing support and pride for Frost. Not saying it is right. I don't think it was about disrespect.
Sorry it was disrespectful to sit over the section where the team is exiting the field and waive signs at them about taking their coach.

I do not understand the hesitation of UCF fans welcoming more supporters, even if from Nebraska. Do you realize football is considered entertainment, and Husker fans have not been entertained by our home school. A lot of Husker Nation has been on board the UCF train since Scott Frost took over. We have no CCG or Bowl game and MANY plan at least one or the other every year for a trip/vacation. The game is in Orlando, a tourist city with many reasons to go to the city aside from the CCG. Fly out tonight, stay through the weekend, take the Kids to Disney/Sea World/Universal Studios etc, and catch a team coached by one of our own all at the same time. Good luck tomorrow, I will be rooting for you guys. Beating a team twice in one season is very difficult, as history has proven. I hope your kids can buckle down, and focus on the game, worry about everything else later.

Just crowd around the dumbasses with Dumbster Fire University signs, keep anyone from seeing them. The way these Nubbies whine, if you do anything, grab signs they'll get security to throw you out. Just stand up in front of them during the game, piss them off.

If I could get to the game and saw anyone wearing Nebraska clothes I doubt I could refrain from calling them assholes.

I do not understand the hesitation of UCF fans welcoming more supporters, even if from Nebraska.

Are you really that stupid? Do you really think we believe you are there supporting UCF? If so, where were you before Frost? No born? We all know why you are really there.

Reactions: UCFSig
Sorry it was disrespectful to sit over the section where the team is exiting the field and waive signs at them about taking their coach.

Yes is looks bad. I am guessing their first thought when making those signs was not, "hey lets think of the best way to distract this team so they lose" Or "how can we show the most disrespect possible to UCF" Like I said not the best idea but I still believe it was more about Frost and less about UCF. They just chose a poor way to display it.

I appreciate the sentiment of certain NU fans who "get it" showing up to support our team, and in my book those people are welcome.

But combine tailgates and alcohol with the biggest student body in the country, then mix in small pockets of rage because we see and have experienced what you guys cannot see and will never experience...well, I'll only speak for myself...if you decide to wear red, just be careful out there.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Yes is looks bad. I am guessing their first thought when making those signs was not, "hey lets think of the best way to distract this team so they lose" Or "how can we show the most disrespect possible to UCF" Like I said not the best idea but I still believe it was more about Frost and less about UCF. They just chose a poor way to display it.
I have no doubt that's what they thought too. Probably didn't even cross there minds what the players are thinking when they see them. Still doesn't excuse it.

Right now i wouldnt care if Husker fans got laid out at Spectrum Stadium....and i'll say Washington if they try to question me.

Cut the crap. Wearing Nebraska gear to a UCF game knowing what is happening is purposely trying to rub it in people's faces. Nothing more. If you're going to do it, at least have the guts to admit what you're doing and accept the consequences for it. This B.S. "we aren't doing anything" routine is disingenuous. Grow up and cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT