ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Thread

HesJustAFriendISwear

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 15, 2019
where can we talk about NFL? we should have a thread for just some general ramblings.

Today's observations:

1) Daniel Jones is a franchise QB
2) Freddie Kitchens is going to squander a historically talented offense by being a trash HC

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Only cost the Giants how many coaches and years of Eli loyalty before they could figure out that he was putting that franchise in what seemed like eternal stagnation mode

3 years? 4?

It's nice knowing you can lose a game or two in the NFL and still have a shot for the super bowl. I'm sure that helps keep players and fans engaged throughout the season... Also why you see many more different teams winning the super bowl.

It's nice knowing you can lose a game or two in the NFL and still have a shot for the super bowl. I'm sure that helps keep players and fans engaged throughout the season... Also why you see many more different teams winning the super bowl.
Well, That and a salary cap league where all teams get mostly comparable resources. Oh, and the fact that, the worse you do, the better your opportunity to get talent next year (better draft position).

Well, That and a salary cap league where all teams get mostly comparable resources. Oh, and the fact that, the worse you do, the better your opportunity to get talent next year (better draft position).
I had those thoughts as well but got tired of typing. There is no normalizing function in college sports, in fact it seems to be going the opposite way.

I had those thoughts as well but got tired of typing. There is no normalizing function in college sports, in fact it seems to be going the opposite way.
Giving all ten conferences an auto bid would give them all great visibility and probably help get "G5" conferences bigger TV deals. And more fans would become invested in smaller teams, helping continue their growth.

where can we talk about NFL? we should have a thread for just some general ramblings.

Today's observations:

1) Daniel Jones is a franchise QB
2) Freddie Kitchens is going to squander a historically talented offense by being a trash HC

The Browns were/are way over hyped. They are certainly talented but people were acting like they were going to go 14-2 and make a Super Bowl run. Mayfield had a good rookie year, but a good rookie year and being an elite level QB are totally different things. Just because they added a WR who has never been on a playoff team, doesn't somehow make them a great team. They could get it turned around for sure, but I always thought the Brown's hype was destined to blow up in their face.

The Browns were/are way over hyped. They are certainly talented but people were acting like they were going to go 14-2 and make a Super Bowl run. Mayfield had a good rookie year, but a good rookie year and being an elite level QB are totally different things. Just because they added a WR who has never been on a playoff team, doesn't somehow make them a great team. They could get it turned around for sure, but I always thought the Brown's hype was destined to blow up in their face.
They still could go 14-2.... If they go 1-0 each week here on out.

Hard salary cap helps as well. There really is a path for every team to succeed. It comes down to ownership, and developing players. It's the ultimate sports model.

Dan Quinn is a bad head coach. Great motivator, great talent scout, bad coach. Who doesn't win football games with Matt Ryan and the best recieving core in the NFL? Ryan has been through more offensive coordinators than probably any QB in history. Everything is lost.

source.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT