ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea suspends nuclear and missile testing

I'm an idiot when it comes to politics? Thats exactly the kind of thing I would expect to hear from a butthurt commie libtard who gets owned numerous times a day by people who are far more intelligent...
You wish, jabroni.

DaShuckster and Crazyhole.
rocknsockconnection.jpg

Sure, but those kids are probably national recruits that everyone and their brother are going after. It’s not a given that Nebraska is going to get kids over the schools they’re competing with. Frost got kids like Killins, Anderson, and Davis who were somewhat lightly recruited FL boys that ended up being defense killers.

He could take a car ride to hit 10 guys like that in FL. He’s gotta take a plane to visit each one from Nebraska if he’s going to FL, TX, CA, etc So he needs an extemely high commitment rate per visit
Killins is ridiculously quick, but at the same time nebraska has had, and continues to get guys that are crazy fast. This years recruiting class had 4 guys who were the state MVP from their respective states and 2 others won first place in their state track meets in 100 or 200 meter dash.
The real question is whether Chinander is worth a damn. Jury is still out on that one.

Killins is ridiculously quick, but at the same time nebraska has had, and continues to get guys that are crazy fast. This years recruiting class had 4 guys who were the state MVP from their respective states and 2 others won first place in their state track meets in 100 or 200 meter dash.
The real question is whether Chinander is worth a damn. Jury is still out on that one.

Chinander is hard to gauge. We won games in 2016 at times only due to his defense when the offense was a total joke trying to learn the system. The defense had great games in 2017 but also games where he was totally lost as DC and he often came across as not giving a shit, especially when it seemed likely that he was checking out to Lincoln.

He got absolutely destroyed by USF and Memphis but then pulled a great game out against Auburn.

Own thing he and Frost did not do well: recruit defenders. Heupel and Shannon have had to go hard at restocking the cupboard that Chinander left bare, especially at the DLine position.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Chinander is hard to gauge. ... He got absolutely destroyed by USF and Memphis but then pulled a great game out against Auburn.

I have a lot of respect for Chinander. Being the defensive coordinator for a Scott Frost offense is no walk in the park.

I don’t blame him for those USF and Memphis scores. I saw it as a combination of playing two dynamic offenses at the conclusion of a very long and exhausting season. The tough thing about playing defense for Frost is that you’re going to be on the field ALOT. If there’s not huge depth (which there wasn’t), even the most conditioned athletes are going to feel the grind going into the homestretch of the season. You saw what a well-rested Chinander defense could do against Auburn.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Chinander’s D is more about key stops than gaudy stats. When the Knights most needed it, the defense always came up with a huge stop or a game-winning turnover.

I have a lot of respect for Chinander. Being the defensive coordinator for a Scott Frost offense is no walk in the park.

I don’t blame him for those USF and Memphis scores. I saw it as a combination of playing two dynamic offenses at the conclusion of a very long and exhausting season. The tough thing about playing defense for Frost is that you’re going to be on the field ALOT. If there’s not huge depth (which there wasn’t), even the most conditioned athletes are going to feel the grind going into the homestretch of the season. You saw what a well-rested Chinander defense could do against Auburn.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Chinander’s D is more about key stops than gaudy stats. When the Knights most needed it, the defense always came up with a huge stop or a game-winning turnover.

True. Both Frost and Heupel run offenses that make playing defense really tough. Heupel actually played WAY faster than Frost did here.

The difference I saw was that Chinander struggled to make half time changes when he was getting gashed, whereas Shannon made excellent changes and turned games around. If you look at the Memphis x2 games, Temple game, and FAU game you saw a totally different defense in the second half. Nearly lights out.

True. Both Frost and Heupel run offenses that make playing defense really tough. Heupel actually played WAY faster than Frost did here.

The difference I saw was that Chinander struggled to make half time changes when he was getting gashed, whereas Shannon made excellent changes and turned games around. If you look at the Memphis x2 games, Temple game, and FAU game you saw a totally different defense in the second half. Nearly lights out.
Randy Shannon is a hell of a defensive coordinator. My only problem with him is that he can make great in-game adjustments, but given a week to prepare for an opponent how can the defense come out and suck balls for 2 quarters? Its really bizarre. Chins defenses were pretty consistent throughout the course of a game, but quite honestly that isn't something worth bragging about.

Reactions: Mikesi
To be fair, the offense would have played WAY faster if Frost had stayed. Scott said last year that he wants to be able to play as fast as possible but the actual speed depends on the players and how well they understand the offense.

The difference I saw was that Chinander struggled to make half time changes when he was getting gashed, whereas Shannon made excellent changes and turned games around.

True. Shannon did a good job. That said, I found it amusing to see how often he was bashed by fans last fall on the football board. :)

It goes back to the point that being a DC for a lightening offense like Frost/Heupel's is a no win proposition.

Randy Shannon is a hell of a defensive coordinator. My only problem with him is that he can make great in-game adjustments, but given a week to prepare for an opponent how can the defense come out and suck balls for 2 quarters? Its really bizarre. Chins defenses were pretty consistent throughout the course of a game, but quite honestly that isn't something worth bragging about.

I often joked that Shannon finally began game planning for an offense with 2 minutes left in the second 2nd quarter

I duno. It was bizarre to watch Memphis score 30 or Temple score 32 in the first half and then score 0 or 7 points in the 2nd half.

The other issue I saw with Chinanders defense was that the 3-4 depended so much on the blitz getting through. He had Shaquem Griffin make the blitz look so good for him often but when the blitz didn’t work, we were gashed for huge plays every time.

I often joked that Shannon finally began game planning for an offense with 2 minutes left in the second 2nd quarter

I duno. It was bizarre to watch Memphis score 30 or Temple score 32 in the first half and then score 0 or 7 points in the 2nd half.

The other issue I saw with Chinanders defense was that the 3-4 depended so much on the blitz getting through. He had Shaquem Griffin make the blitz look so good for him often but when the blitz didn’t work, we were gashed for huge plays every time.

Chins defense is the epitome of a feast or famine approach. For the life of me, I cant understand how his defense against Memphis in 2017 gave up so many points and then come back against Auburn and played lights out. The same thing happened last year. 7 or 8 sacks against Colorado in game 1 and then just got obliterated by a fairly pedestrian Michigan offense, only to come back and practically shut out Michigan st and look like an elite unit against a really good Ohio St offense. Personally I dont like the 3-4 so I think UCF made the right move going to a 4-3, but to me Shannon didnt use his system much more effectively than Chins uses his. You brought up Griffin, and that dude is legit. Maybe he covered up for Chinanders faults and if Shannon had him last years defense would have come out of the gate a little bit quicker. He is one of the rarest kind of player that can change the face of a game almost inexplicably. We've had a couple of linebackers in Terrell Farley back in the mid 90s and Lavonte David about 10 years ago who were that kind of player. Players that you know are good but cant really understand how much of a difference they make until they're gone.

To be fair, the offense would have played WAY faster if Frost had stayed. Scott said last year that he wants to be able to play as fast as possible but the actual speed depends on the players and how well they understand the offense.

True. Shannon did a good job. That said, I found it amusing to see how often he was bashed by fans last fall on the football board. :)

It goes back to the point that being a DC for a lightening offense like Frost/Heupel's is a no win proposition.
Huepels offense is WAY faster than Frosts. Frost may have his guys lined up as fast but Huepel practicly wants to have the ball snapped as quickly as it's set by the refs. TBH, I would call it reckless if it wasn't so effective. That being said, Frosts offense uses the field much more effectively both horizontally and vertically.

Reactions: Mikesi
Huepels offense is WAY faster than Frosts. Frost may have his guys lined up as fast but Huepel practicly wants to have the ball snapped as quickly as it's set by the refs. TBH, I would call it reckless if it wasn't so effective. That being said, Frosts offense uses the field much more effectively both horizontally and vertically.

Yep, CJH's offense is way faster. I think we went something like 90 yards to score a TD on Temple in like 40 seconds or something. Frost used the run game and quick lateral passes to eventually set up the homerun play. He was content with running consecutive plays for a loss if it set up the play he wanted and had the defense looking the other way.

CJH seems to use the deep ball threat to set up the run. He gets the WRs as far wide as possible to get CBs on an island and force the safety to decide if they're dropping or coming up to stop the run. We actually ran a lot better under CJH's offense, especially in short distance downs. The thing that drove everyone nuts about Frost is that he'd be in 4th and 1 and he'd have Milton go in shotgun and hand the ball off to 180 lb Killins.

Ultimately QB play matters. We beat Auburn largely because Milton absolutely killed them with his legs when they left the middle of the field open. Against LSU we had Mack as a Freshman back there and he simply didn't step up and take what they gave him. Too many incompletes or sacks. That said we still could have won if Davis doesn't drop that sure TD in the 2nd half. With Milton we easily win.

Kim-Putin summit: Kremlin confirms preparations for historic talks in Russia

Potential meeting comes after breakdown in negotiations with United States

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rea-kremlin-beijing-vladivostok-a8870436.html

BRAVO VLADMIR PUTIN!

WELL DONE SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR!!!!!!*
Not sure your point here?

Trump wants complete denuclearization and THEN sanctions will be lifted.

Kim wants to do much less for sanctions to be lifted. This game has been going on for decades by North Korea with past administrations. Trump opened talks and met with Kim, but he will NEVER budge on complete denuclearization

Russia and Putin can’t do anything other than team up against the US. Putin can’t make Kim denuclearize, so any meeting is pointless

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
So, N. Korea test fires a guided weapon.
TBH. They won’t give up the Nukes. Never. Trump can’t get them to trust the United States

No one can. Their paranoia runs too deep for too long

If they hurl an intercontinental ballistic missile, or any really, we will have to anhiliate NK. That will be the end of this. Otherwise, this will go on for eternity and it just may.

Last edited:
TBH. They won’t give up the Nukes. Never. Trump can’t get them to trust the United States

If they hurl an intercontinental ballistic missile, or any really, we will have to anhiliate NK. That will be the end of this. Otherwise, this will go on for eternity and it just may.

This may all be true, but nothing about this "test" has anything to do with that really. Saying they tested a guided weapon tells us little to nothing. NATO has already fielded guidance kits down to the 60mm mortar level and they're even looking at guided 50Cal.

Even if they had tested a guided artillery round, it doesn't mean much for any neighboring countries or the US. They could be lying for all we know.

This feels more like a "please, someone, pay attention to me" statement put out by NK.

From LA Times:

Yang Uk, director of the WMD center at the Seoul-based think tank Korea Defense & Security Forum, said the wording of the announcement appeared to be carefully designed not to run afoul of United Nations sanctions on its missile testing.

“It’s an expression of displeasure at a level where it doesn’t completely upend the playing field,” he said.

Narang said the testing may be designed to boost morale in North Korea’s armed forces and bolster Kim politically at home after his empty-handed return from Hanoi. The ambiguity in what exactly was tested may fuel alarm when it comes to the U.S. and South Korea, he said.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Everyone except mouth-breathers knew that 2 years ago. Glad you're catching up with the rest of us.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Everyone except mouth-breathers knew that 2 years ago. Glad you're catching up with the rest of us.

I guess it's too bad that hopeless, feckless Obama let them accelerate their program unfettered for 8 years to the point where it was in 2016.

well this really sucks. it seemed like for a time trump might actually get them to move on in the right direction. it was worth it to try. i think trump admin need to have real talks with south korea/japan and figure out what to do next. perhaps we go back to hardline stance again. sad development.

well this really sucks. it seemed like for a time trump might actually get them to move on in the right direction. it was worth it to try. i think trump admin need to have real talks with south korea/japan and figure out what to do next. perhaps we go back to hardline stance again. sad development.

Yep. Nobody could have foreseen this outcome. :)

I guess it's too bad that hopeless, feckless Obama let them accelerate their program unfettered for 8 years to the point where it was in 2016.
Yep. This is all Obama's fault. :)

it was worth a try, if you cant admit that you are a partisan hack. who am i kidding? you are a partisan hack.
Is that the best you can do this morning, Wayne? For what it's worth, I'm certainly no fan of Trump so if that makes me a "partisan hack" in your world, okie-doakie: Guilty as charged. :)

But it is important to point out that many of us "partisan hacks" were skeptical of your and your red hat buddies' feel-good vibes about this farce. The very notion that we'd give Yung-un an international spotlight without some serious pre-summit conditions that had to be met was mind-boggling. THEN we engage in an initial summit that produced ZIP except for verbal assurances from Trump that NK's nuclear threat "was over."

But -- of course -- once it came down to actually making an honest-to-goodness commitment to denuclearize, NK backed off. What a shocker, right guys?

I will at least give the Trump Administration credit for not falling for Kim Yung-un's request in the second summit to remove some of our sanctions while NK 'thinks some more' about denuclearizing.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Is that the best you can do this morning, Wayne? For what it's worth, I'm certainly no fan of Trump so if that makes me a "partisan hack" in your world, okie-doakie: Guilty as charged. :)

But it is important to point out that many of us "partisan hacks" were skeptical of your and your red hat buddies' feel-good vibes about this farce. The very notion that we'd give Yung-un an international spotlight without some serious pre-summit conditions that had to be met was mind-boggling. THEN we engage in an initial summit that produced ZIP except for verbal assurances from Trump that NK's nuclear threat "was over."

But -- of course -- once it came down to actually making an honest-to-goodness commitment to denuclearize, NK backed off. What a shocker, right guys?

I will at least give the Trump Administration credit for not falling for Kim Yung-un's request in the second summit to remove some of our sanctions while NK 'thinks some more' about denuclearizing.
trump got further than every single past president combined. it was worth a shot.

i was supportive of obama when he tried to make inroads with the cubans and never faulted him for trying. i was hopeful that obama would succeed with cuba and i was hopeful for trump to get something done with nk. you attacked trump from the get go. there is a difference between hoping for the best like i did and you hoping that he fails because orangeman is bad.

Except Obama and most Democrats.

Oh..,wait, they knew it, but just did nothing about it. Not the smallest attempt to try

i was hopeful for trump to get something done with nk. you attacked trump from the get go. there is a difference between hoping for the best like i did and you hoping that he fails because orangeman is bad.
I would have LOVED to have seen Trump work out a peace agreement between NK and SK that resulted in a denuclearization of NK. I'm an American first and want to see my country succeed.

But that said, I was incredibly skeptical the moment we learned that Trump would meet with Yung-un without any pre-summit conditions being met. We had the big stick, why in the world wouldn't we use it? Instead we were told to 'trust' Trump and 'believe' he could meet one-on-one and "get a deal."

That's not how foreign diplomacy works. And it was a little more than 'hopeful thinking' to believe Trump's ham-handed, amateurish approach would produce a miracle. And -- of course -- it didn't.

I would have LOVED to have seen Trump work out a peace agreement between NK and SK that resulted in a denuclearization of NK. I'm an American first and want to see my country succeed.

But that said, I was incredibly skeptical the moment we learned that Trump would meet with Yung-un without any pre-summit conditions being met. We had the big stick, why in the world wouldn't we use it? Instead we were told to 'trust' Trump and 'believe' he could meet one-on-one and "get a deal."

That's not how foreign diplomacy works. And it was a little more than 'hopeful thinking' to believe Trump's ham-handed, amateurish approach would produce a miracle. And -- of course -- it didn't.

Shit like this is soooo funny coming from people who think that Obama was this foreign policy genius

Trump made 5x more inroads on this subject than Obama did. You know, using “traditional diplomacy”. I know that hurts your precious feelings but it’s true

5x more inroads??!? Okay Sparky, what were they?
there are numerous examples in this 15 page there. you just pretend they dont exist because the orange man helped make them happen. you pretend like you are this big man that wishes trump wouldve done something, but things he did, you brush them off like they are nothing. you are the reason politics are so bad right now.

5x more inroads??!? Okay Sparky, what were they?

lol I'm not going to lay out every point simply because you're a deranged leftie who suffers badly from TDS and is filled with rage and anger.

The fact remains that an ICBM hasn't been tested in nearly 2 years, we have open and direct channels of communication between the 2 governments, Trump has given Kim absolutely no reason to fly off the handle and do something to erode the progress made, the South and North have forged new cooperation that is the best in decades, and we returned our fallen heroes from N Korea to America where they can be properly buried.

So Trump accomplished zippidy-do-dah. Got it.
So.., you base everything on “accomplishments?” No consolation for attempting.

Ok..., missiles aren’t being launched weekly
There’s your accomplishment.

Sanctions.. There’s another accomplishment.

This story has only begun

ADVERTISEMENT