ADVERTISEMENT

Obama wiretapped Trump Tower during election...

I don't understand why it matters where Nunes reviewed the info. Are they implying the WH is forging classified documents?

First: Dumb said "Obama was wiretapping Dumb tower". Answer: nobody was wiretapping (or had Dumb tower under surveillance)
Second: I'm guessing at the beginning they (FBI, etc) were looking at the Russians trying to influence the election and only recently the campaign is being investigated. Or the FBI was too busy investigating Clinton's emails and had the Russian investigation in the back burner until the s hit the fan with the tweets?
Comey stated the investigation began in July 2016 and that it included possible connections to the Trump campaign. So again, was there no surveillance of the Trump campaign from July 2016 to Jan 2017? I find that hard to believe.

Just my opinion: There was surveillance of Trump in that time period. Trump called them out to try and spin this as an attack on him by the "deep state" for political purposes. The Intelligence community doesn't want the investigation politicized so they're hiding behind the verbiage used. Perhaps they didn't "wiretap" but they did some other sort of surveillance. In the end, the FBI should be investigating this to get to the truth and they should have used surveillance in that time period. Everything else is political spin.

Comey stated the investigation began in July 2016 and that it included possible connections to the Trump campaign. So again, was there no surveillance of the Trump campaign from July 2016 to Jan 2017? I find that hard to believe.

Just my opinion: There was surveillance of Trump in that time period. Trump called them out to try and spin this as an attack on him by the "deep state" for political purposes. The Intelligence community doesn't want the investigation politicized so they're hiding behind the verbiage used. Perhaps they didn't "wiretap" but they did some other sort of surveillance. In the end, the FBI should be investigating this to get to the truth and they should have used surveillance in that time period. Everything else is political spin.
We'll just have to wait and see

Derp, derp. I still don't understand why libs are still faux raging over Russia. Yes, they're a propaganda machine and always have been. Why does it only matter now?

Have they potentially interfered in our election process prior to this past year?

They have always tried and no one cared. They are an enemy and a propaganda machine. China, North Korea, Iran all try the same. All of our enemies try the same. We do the same thing to Russia and other countries. Obama did it to Israel in their last election.

Everyone knows that Russia used propaganda and controlled Wikileaks, they've known it since the primaries. It wasn't news during the election but it is headline news every night now. It doesn't make sense.

LOL! Then their ROI royally sucks.

The extent of the "hacking" here was getting dumbass Podesta to fall for a phishing exercise and leaking his emails. Most of which led to a collective yawn by the media, up until they realized their golden goose had lost the election. Then, suddenly, Russia and WikiLeaks exposing Podesta's emails became a "grave matter of national concern".

They have always tried and no one cared. They are an enemy and a propaganda machine. China, North Korea, Iran all try the same. All of our enemies try the same. We do the same thing to Russia and other countries. Obama did it to Israel in their last election.

Everyone knows that Russia used propaganda and controlled Wikileaks, they've known it since the primaries. It wasn't news during the election but it is headline news every night now. It doesn't make sense.
C'mon, boob, spare me the "well, we do it too". You're starting to sound like the CIC: "You think our country's so innocent?"

Interesting point about you missing out on the news, because I distinctly remember reading/hearing about potential Russian involvement during the primaries and before election day. Perhaps you weren't watching or reading the LMSM, but I guess I was (*) and read articles as far back as last summer about Russian meddling. It was a big deal then and it's a big deal now. Granted, it wasn't leading every telecast back then because there was only smoke at the time. With all that's happened since, it's now something like a cozy, wintertime fire, so I can see how it's taking up the majority of t.v. news time (especially since there isn't much more to talk about right now). Give it a few days though, Trump, Spicer, Conway, et al will say something idiotically stupid in an attempt to deflect and then the LMSM will be on to something else.

Everyone is acting like this is some big surprise, even these stupid morons in congress. OMG!!!! Russia is spying on us and trying to subvert western culture and influence our policy.

They have been doing this forever. It's not something new and it's not something that is going to stop because the media and some ignorant people in congress are faux raging about it now. They are doing it in France right now. They were doing it in the UK during the Brexit vote.

Romney mentioned this and was laughed off the stage. Russia is our enemy and has always been our enemy. No amount of grandstanding by self righteous politicians is going to change anything they do. There needs to be real action against them if we want anything to change. Yes that will involve war, even if it's just proxy wars.

There needs to be real action against them if we want anything to change. Yes that will involve war, even if it's just proxy wars.
Completely agreed. So then, why was Obama intimating to Medvedev that he was willing to play ball with Russia? Why has the current administration been so defensive of Russia?

Everyone is acting like this is some big surprise, even these stupid morons in congress. OMG!!!! Russia is spying on us and trying to subvert western culture and influence our policy.

They have been doing this forever. It's not something new and it's not something that is going to stop because the media and some ignorant people in congress are faux raging about it now. They are doing it in France right now. They were doing it in the UK during the Brexit vote.

Romney mentioned this and was laughed off the stage. Russia is our enemy and has always been our enemy. No amount of grandstanding by self righteous politicians is going to change anything they do. There needs to be real action against them if we want anything to change. Yes that will involve war, even if it's just proxy wars.
russia our enemy? That would be news to trump

russia our enemy? That would be news to trump

I don't agree with everything Trump says or does, I never will.

Trump not being baited by the media into saying bad things about Putin does not equal a bromance though. You don't project your thoughts, intentions or strategy to enemies or adversaries you will be dealing with. That takes away any advantage you may have. I assume that is Trump's policy on this, he railed about Obama telling our enemies what we would and would not be doing during the campaign.

I don't agree with everything Trump says or does, I never will.

Trump not being baited by the media into saying bad things about Putin does not equal a bromance though. You don't project your thoughts, intentions or strategy to enemies or adversaries you will be dealing with. That takes away any advantage you may have. I assume that is Trump's policy on this, he railed about Obama telling our enemies what we would and would not be doing during the campaign.
this simply isn't true given trump has no problem projecting every thought he has on anything every via tweets, pep rallies, speeches etc.

Maybe if he was super conservative about everything we could follow that line of thinking re: russia but he is so open about how he feels about everything (see attack on freedom caucus today) really doesn't hold water that he is just hiding his strategy.

this simply isn't true given trump has no problem projecting every thought he has on anything every via tweets, pep rallies, speeches etc.

Maybe if he was super conservative about everything we could follow that line of thinking re: russia but he is so open about how he feels about everything (see attack on freedom caucus today) really doesn't hold water that he is just hiding his strategy.

I haven't seen him release anything on negotiation strategies, foreign policy objectives, troop movements, military plans, etc. He keeps the important stuff close to the vest. He's a billionaire ffs, he knows what he's doing when it comes to negotiations and deals. You all just get caught up and start foaming at the mouth over all his stupid tweets about stupid stuff.

I haven't seen him release anything on negotiation strategies, foreign policy objectives, troop movements, military plans, etc. He keeps the important stuff close to the vest. He's a billionaire ffs, he knows what he's doing when it comes to negotiations and deals. You all just get caught up and start foaming at the mouth over all his stupid tweets about stupid stuff.
So are you saying trump can attack other countries (china, mexico, middle eastern countries, iran, germany, switzerland, UK) publicly but is for some reason holding his thoughts on russia private? How do you reconcile your belief that he is merely holding his thoughts on russia private when hes already outright attacked many other countries via tweets, surrogates, or speeches?

It makes zero sense.

Its weird he would condemn pretty much everything else but has never said a bad word about russia.

Reactions: CommuterBob
Completely agreed. So then, why was Obama intimating to Medvedev that he was willing to play ball with Russia? Why has the current administration been so defensive of Russia?
Not sure why Obama was more accommodating to Russia but Trump is picking up where he left off. It explains why Russian propaganda targeted the establishment candidates (Clinton, Rubio) because they tend to be more anti Russian.

I do think the Russian stuff tends to be too myopic. We poke the bear, get bit, then say put the bear down.

I'm still waiting on the National Intelligence Estimate on this topic, which brings in all 16 intelligence agencies to come to a conclusion. That has yet to happen. Also, there's also been no direct attribution to Russia released. Call me crazy, but I want proof if you want to heighten tensions with Russia. We had a bigger discussion about the intelligence surrounding WMDs in Iraq than we are about the Russian hacking attribution. It doesn't add up.

Remember when Obama was caught hot mic'd, assuming he was speaking in private, telling Medvedev that he just needed to wait until after the election to bend over for Russia? And remember when Medvedev was then caught saying he'd personally relay these comments to Putin?

Just imagine if instead that was caught today. There would be absolute nuclear meltdowns amongst the media and faux Russia critics on the left.

So are you saying trump can attack other countries (china, mexico, middle eastern countries, iran, germany, switzerland, UK) publicly but is for some reason holding his thoughts on russia private? How do you reconcile your belief that he is merely holding his thoughts on russia private when hes already outright attacked many other countries via tweets, surrogates, or speeches?

It makes zero sense.

Its weird he would condemn pretty much everything else but has never said a bad word about russia.

So you just ignore my question and go on another tangent? What else is new...

Yawn.

Yawn.
There wasn't a question in there.

There wasn't a question in there.

Thanks Captain Grammar. The first line was my argument and implied question. It was ignored and instead the reply was just about all the stupid inconsequential rally the base stuff Trump rambles about, which was already dismissed.

Evelyn Farkas blew this up completely. Farkas worked in the Obama administration as a deputy secretary of the DOD over Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia. Now she left that position in 2015 to be a senior foreign policy advisor to the Clinton campaign. With that being the case, how did she get the information on the Trump campaign's dealings with Russian officials if that Trump"surveillance" didn't start until 2016? So what happened was someone within the DOD and or State department was leaking government classified information to the Clinton campaign.

So the claim that Trump was being "wiretapped" is 100% correct and Farkas confirmed that. It's no surprise that Trump tweeted the "wiretap" claim two days after Farkas screwed up on MSNBC.

This is why the republican senate has agreed to look into the Russia connection, liberals are all excited that there are investigations going on but people like Farkas and other Obama administration people will go to jail for this.

Evelyn Farkas blew this up completely. Farkas worked in the Obama administration as a deputy secretary of the DOD over Russia, Ukraine and Eurasia. Now she left that position in 2015 to be a senior foreign policy advisor to the Clinton campaign. With that being the case, how did she get the information on the Trump campaign's dealings with Russian officials if that Trump"surveillance" didn't start until 2016? So what happened was someone within the DOD and or State department was leaking government classified information to the Clinton campaign.

So the claim that Trump was being "wiretapped" is 100% correct and Farkas confirmed that. It's no surprise that Trump tweeted the "wiretap" claim two days after Farkas screwed up on MSNBC.

This is why the republican senate has agreed to look into the Russia connection, liberals are all excited that there are investigations going on but people like Farkas and other Obama administration people will go to jail for this.
No. Just no.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/30/evelyn-farkas-leak/

Yawn.
not at all. I posted where trump has attacked other countries (allies and adversaries) but for some reason has never attacked russia even when asked directly. You don't see anything strange about that?

Has nothing to do with war strategy. Hes discussed foreign policy many times on twitter, specifically in regards to China, Crimea, and Iran. To say he isn't talking about russia because hes holding it close to his vest doesn't make any sense when you consider hes wide open about all other countries.

So Alice Walton could be an effective president? Laurene Jobs? Ann Kroenke?

I don't see why not. I doubt they could get elected though since a lot of people probably share your bigoted sexist stereotype of what billionaire daughter/wife is.

Snopes, really that is your source? Why not just use KOS.
Kos and huffpo are usually opinion based horseshit. snopes is usually fact based, complete with links and actual text in full context. Unlike the conservablogs who are drumming up this story from nearly a month ago using a 30 second soundbite.

Kos and huffpo are usually opinion based horseshit. snopes is usually fact based, complete with links and actual text in full context. Unlike the conservablogs who are drumming up this story from nearly a month ago using a 30 second soundbite.
As I said, her exact quotes were "I knew there was more that was not being released." Since she was not working for the DOD at that time but working for the Clinton campaign, she clearly was being given classified information.

Now tell me how Snopes would know any of this, fact is they could not know if she was telling the truth or not. Snopes is very opinion based and very liberal.

As I said, her exact quotes were "I knew there was more that was not being released." Since she was not working for the DOD at that time but working for the Clinton campaign, she clearly was being given classified information.

Now tell me how Snopes would know any of this, fact is they could not know if she was telling the truth or not. Snopes is very opinion based and very liberal.
Snopes doesn't claim to know anything but what she actually said and that's what they print. If that's "liberal" then I guess you consider facts as being liberal. She's not talking about the actual information, but relating her experience in gathering intel from the Russians to a NY Times article that the program was discussing.

Again, even if she did "spill the beans" on getting classified info, you're mad at the wrong person.

Snopes doesn't claim to know anything but what she actually said and that's what they print. If that's "liberal" then I guess you consider facts as being liberal. She's not talking about the actual information, but relating her experience in gathering intel from the Russians to a NY Times article that the program was discussing.

Again, even if she did "spill the beans" on getting classified info, you're mad at the wrong person.
I wish I could live in your alternative world Bob but you're off on this one.

"If the Trump staff found out how we knew what we knew about their staff dealing with Russians they would try to compromise those sources and would no longer have access to those intelligence. I became very worried because not enough was coming out but I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia, so I talked to some of my former colleagues and they were trying to get more information to the hill."

Bob, I don't know how anyone can spin this, she was clearly getting confidential information while not an employee of the DOD. Two things will happen with her, either she will get immunity and someone bigger will go down or she will go to jail.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I wish I could live in your alternative world Bob but you're off on this one.

"If the Trump staff found out how we knew what we knew about their staff dealing with Russians they would try to compromise those sources and would no longer have access to those intelligence. I became very worried because not enough was coming out but I knew that there was more. We have very good intelligence on Russia, so I talked to some of my former colleagues and they were trying to get more information to the hill."

Bob, I don't know how anyone can spin this, she was clearly getting confidential information while not an employee of the DOD. Two things will happen with her, either she will get immunity and someone bigger will go down or she will go to jail.
She was commenting on a NY Times article that had been published the day before. That was the topic of discussion. She wasn't outlaying any new bombshell info.

ADVERTISEMENT