ADVERTISEMENT

Our fans taking the fun out the run

Actually we have a higher rated backup in winbush. The difference is Hurts went to play for a coach that developed and utilized his talents and winbush went to play for hard head Heupel.
Please. Just stop.
Honestly, I’m tired of this. I’m not entitled, we shouldn’t be losing to Tulsa with our offensive talent alone, and I’m not just happy to be Bowl Eligible and 7-3. This team has evolved past that and we don’t need to relive our past crappy history.

The coaching has not been good and you know it
Nobody is asking you to be happy about it but There is a difference between coaching has not been good and "fire the coach". And some on this board and on twitter are saying just that. Yes coaches made mistakes but UCF fans should not talk of firing coaches because we miss a NY6 bowl after making 2 of them in a row. Criticize decisions, sure. Have discussions. But there have been vocal people attacking the players and coaches on this board and on social media. It is stupid and looks bad. It goes back to my original post. As a fan in a city outside of Orlando I see the reaction that outsiders have to UCF. I was the most supportive fan of the NC claim and the twitter mafia because it was uniquely UCF. I took a lot of flack for it. It was and continues to be fun. It is something that defines us, binds us and sets us apart. This whining about losing and attitude of superiority over programs like Tulsa makes us look like pretenders trying to act like we are bluebloods. Instead of being champions for our own cause in the eyes of the football community we are acting like every P6 program we hated. It makes us look petty and divides us.

UCF will never be a blueblood but that is ok by me. If I wanted that attitude I would have become a Gator fan after I went to law school there.

That's on Hitt and Company for extending him. He wanted to to retire. To use the ageless adage, buy low and sell high. We got GOL for nothing and could have cashed in big after 2013 but instead we got greedy, and as they say when you get too greedy with the stock market, "pigs get slaughtered". Thankfully, we hit pay dirt and hired "the best AD in America...America's AD, DW." He has really stepped up everything having to do with the athletics department, including better coaching talent. As they say, adapt or die, and one thing we have going for us is that we have always been adaptable as a program.

Not disagreeing with your post, but isn’t the saying “pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered?”

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Please. Just stop.

Nobody is asking you to be happy about it but There is a difference between coaching has not been good and "fire the coach". And some on this board and on twitter are saying just that. Yes coaches made mistakes but UCF fans should not talk of firing coaches because we miss a NY6 bowl after making 2 of them in a row. Criticize decisions, sure. Have discussions. But there have been vocal people attacking the players and coaches on this board and on social media. It is stupid and looks bad. It goes back to my original post. As a fan in a city outside of Orlando I see the reaction that outsiders have to UCF. I was the most supportive fan of the NC claim and the twitter mafia because it was uniquely UCF. I took a lot of flack for it. It was and continues to be fun. It is something that defines us, binds us and sets us apart. This whining about losing and attitude of superiority over programs like Tulsa makes us look like pretenders trying to act like we are bluebloods. Instead of being champions for our own cause in the eyes of the football community we are acting like every P6 program we hated. It makes us look petty and divides us.

UCF will never be a blueblood but that is ok by me. If I wanted that attitude I would have become a Gator fan after I went to law school there.
Well.. other than feeling that we should have won that game and the coaching has been subpar to say the least and ultimately responsible for THAT loss, I’m not one of those fans that you described We should be beating the Tulsa’s regularly at this point

I don’t even have Twitter

We had a good run. two nearly perfect years. Something that has rarely been done in all of college football. And it was done by UCF. A program that has almost no history and little resources. It culminated in a controversial national championship claim that galvanized the fanbase in its ability to support this thing that garners so much national snark. In short UCF fans were able to relish the outsider role and make it their own.

Yet now instead of enjoying a run that was exceptional, our fans want to make it ordinary. Rather than embrace that the last two years was amazing and understand that we are subject to ups and downs like every other team, our fans are becoming what they had previously detested, which is the entitled mentality of the Bamas and UFs of the world. Talk of firing a second year coach and calling out players because we will have a less than desirable season after two incredible years of wins. This mentality is taking the joy out of the run and making UCF look really bad. For a while there I was really enjoying our "us against the world" mentality. I guess for some that only counts when you are winning everything. Now you turn on your own. Everyone can have their opinion, but for me I am ashamed of some of the reactions.

We need to expect to win rather than just be happy that we didn't lose. Your message sounds like the UCF-mentality of about a decade ago. Can't move up and out with that philosophy.

We need to expect to win rather than just be happy that we didn't lose. Your message sounds like the UCF-mentality of about a decade ago. Can't move up and out with that philosophy.

Really? Who said anything remotely like this? So what you are saying is in order to move up and out our fans need to be pretentious wankers. How is that for reading into what you say?

That's on Hitt and Company for extending him. He wanted to to retire. To use the ageless adage, buy low and sell high. We got GOL for nothing and could have cashed in big after 2013 but instead we got greedy, and as they say when you get too greedy with the stock market, "pigs get slaughtered". Thankfully, we hit pay dirt and hired "the best AD in America...America's AD, DW." He has really stepped up everything having to do with the athletics department, including better coaching talent. As they say, adapt or die, and one thing we have going for us is that we have always been adaptable as a program.

Actually pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered but the same idea. Although I think the idea of UCF "cashing in" on anything is overplayed. As long as we are in a G5 conference there is very little cashing in that will be available to us. No matter how successful, we are still going to have to rely upon 2 and 3 star talent and transfers.

Danny White was selling the powerhouse program mentality to the media, ticket holders, and most importantly donors. Football excellence fund was established, those that donated 6, 7, and 8 figures did so with the idea that bigger and better things were ahead.

Originally many thought the money was to secure Frost, now that there is a slide with Heupel, it is understandable that people who invested lots of money is wondering what direction the program is headed.

It won't take long for tickets sales to slow greatly reducing revenue, and donors to start closing the wallets and that's with a good economy. If the mentality is that the program peaked, and now its going to settle. That means Danny White bolts, sell high.

Danny White was selling the powerhouse program mentality to the media, ticket holders, and most importantly donors. Football excellence fund was established, those that donated 6, 7, and 8 figures did so with the idea that bigger and better things were ahead.

This was definitely a bold strategy — added onto the higher sense of expectation which may be why the sting feels even harder right now. Masterful plan to ride the wave of momentum.... but consequently added onto the weight of expectation - which with this roster talent is deserving.

I’m curious as to what the coaches rooms and meetings look like. Shannon being an ex HC, wonder if there’s some serious jabbing and back/forth going on about the short comings... the lows bring out the true characteristics in the locker room.

We had a good run. two nearly perfect years. Something that has rarely been done in all of college football. And it was done by UCF. A program that has almost no history and little resources. It culminated in a controversial national championship claim that galvanized the fanbase in its ability to support this thing that garners so much national snark. In short UCF fans were able to relish the outsider role and make it their own.

Yet now instead of enjoying a run that was exceptional, our fans want to make it ordinary. Rather than embrace that the last two years was amazing and understand that we are subject to ups and downs like every other team, our fans are becoming what they had previously detested, which is the entitled mentality of the Bamas and UFs of the world. Talk of firing a second year coach and calling out players because we will have a less than desirable season after two incredible years of wins. This mentality is taking the joy out of the run and making UCF look really bad. For a while there I was really enjoying our "us against the world" mentality. I guess for some that only counts when you are winning everything. Now you turn on your own. Everyone can have their opinion, but for me I am ashamed of some of the reactions.
You really think your fan base having high expectations is what makes UCF look bad? What about a faux National Championship? That's what makes you look bad.

Originally many thought the money was to secure Frost, now that there is a slide with Heupel, it is understandable that people who invested lots of money is wondering what direction the program is headed.

It won't take long for tickets sales to slow greatly reducing revenue, and donors to start closing the wallets and that's with a good economy. If the mentality is that the program peaked, and now its going to settle. That means Danny White bolts, sell high.
I can’t even imagine the meltdown if Danny White bolts , especially after the premature Heup deal

You really think your fan base having high expectations is what makes UCF look bad? What about a faux National Championship? That's what makes you look bad.
Only fans in the SEC are clueless that UCF claiming the Natty was pushing the narrative for playoff expansion. Currently we have no playoff just an subjective invitational. Yes, UCF was recognized as a co National Champions. We didn't make that up just to piss you off, but I'm glad to see it's working.:sunglasses:

Only fans in the SEC are clueless that UCF claiming the Natty was pushing the narrative for playoff expansion. Currently we have no playoff just an subjective invitational. Yes, UCF was recognized as a co National Champions. We didn't make that up just to piss you off, but I'm glad to see it's working.:sunglasses:

How do things change if we move to 8 teams? Don't we still have a "subjective invitational," only slightly larger? Won't team 9 complain the process is subjective?

How do things change if we move to 8 teams? Don't we still have a "subjective invitational," only slightly larger? Won't team 9 complain the process is subjective?
Probably, unless they have a set of rules and criteria for teams to understand who gets in, like conference champs, some sort of RPI, Minimum amount of wins, etc.

Reactions: knight_tracker

If you are undefeated in FBS you deserve to get in. If you are the ONLY undefeated team in FBS you definitely deserve to get in. If you aren't undefeated then you objectively could have done more to get in.

If you are undefeated in FBS you deserve to get in. If you are the ONLY undefeated team in FBS you definitely deserve to get in. If you aren't undefeated then you objectively could have done more to get in.

I don't completely disagree but don't things like strenght of schedule matter? I think Clemson is one of the best teams in the country but look at their schedule as compared to what UGA or LSU have to navigate.

I don't completely disagree but don't things like strenght of schedule matter? I think Clemson is one of the best teams in the country but look at their schedule as compared to what UGA or LSU have to navigate.

You can only play who is on your schedule and these schedules are created before the current players enter high school. It's a simple fix, win your conference and you get into the playoff. Works in every other division of football from Pee-wee to the NFL.

Well.. other than feeling that we should have won that game and the coaching has been subpar to say the least and ultimately responsible for THAT loss, I’m not one of those fans that you described We should be beating the Tulsa’s regularly at this point

I don’t even have Twitter
Agree, Coaching is way subpar. Heup needs to take more responsibility over the team. "Did we ever leave"?...yes you did especially with a loss to 2-7 Tulsa.

You can only play who is on your schedule and these schedules are created before the current players enter high school. It's a simple fix, win your conference and you get into the playoff. Works in every other division of football from Pee-wee to the NFL.

That may simplify the process but I don't think it ensures - to the extent possible - you get the four best teams in the playoffs.

8 teams is better, but not perfect. With 8 teams they could include a team from each of the P5 conferences.the best of G5 and couple more of the top ranked teams. A 4 team invitational is a joke most years we will continue to see the same teams play. Expand it and there is always a chance of an under dog making it in the final game.:sunglasses:

That may simplify the process but I don't think it ensures - to the extent possible - you get the four best teams in the playoffs.

Your really buying into the fact that playoffs selects the 4 best teams? I'm not talking about a G5 team they will always be the underdog. There is more than 4 elite teams at the end of the season in college football. It would be great to prove it on the field.:sunglasses:

You get to invite the 4 teams that people think might be the best. Not necessarily the same thing.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Probably a little of both, although I doubt he’s TOTALLY pissed, I do think he’s monitoring the situation as he should be. I don’t expect him to be all over Twitter. That’s understandable Nobody is that bold.
SPEAK DANNY!

I haven’t seen many of the “big boys” beating down UCF’s door to get a game. A school plays the schedule they can get. Have Kirby make a call and give a home and home.

How does any other playoff in the world get the best teams?

I'm not suggesting it's a foolproof system but no system is. People didn't like the BCS and said we need a playoff. We got one and now people say it needs to include more teams. Fine, but when you go to 8 people will complain you didn't get the best 8 in or 9 should have been included so we need 10 now.
I haven’t seen many of the “big boys” beating down UCF’s door to get a game. A school plays the schedule they can get. Have Kirby make a call and give a home and home.

Why should "big boys" beat down UCF's door for a game? How does scheduling UCF help Kirby Smart? It helps UCF's strength of schedule. The UCF AD had a chance for that with a 2-1 with UF and declined.

The 2-1 with UF wasn’t a real offer and they want the game at camping world stadium. None of support that. Give us a true home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT