ADVERTISEMENT

Pray for Chaos... ESPN discussion on UCF

How is Herbie laying out for us on this? He must have finally seen the light. I usually post as a Nobraska fan. I just always forget my password because I get shunned so fast.

Kentucky is a very good football team. I have seem them play a few times this year. They probably would have beat A&M if their MLB hadn't been ejected for targeting in the second half the week before. Which I believe was a BS call (but I tend to believe targeting is BS most of the time, their wearing pads, let them play). LSU is a solid team, they are the opposite of us, really good D and an average O. Think GOL with SEC types on D. I'm not sure we would have been better in the SEC this season than LSU. Florida on the road would have been tough. Talent level in Gainesville is a little down, but the coaching is way up over where it has been the past 5-7 years. And Alabama. Playing devils advocate here, but is it possible that we would have lost the same two games they did?

Would LSU be undefeated if they played our schedule? Again, playing devils advocate.

IF we were to be an undefeated conference champion I think we should get the nod over LSU or a two loss Georgia. But we would need to be undefeated.

Odd that nobody mentioned the win over Pitt.
They don’t ever. They only prop Pitt up to help Clemson and never mention us without saying, Penn State killed them too. Should PSU be in discussion too? But ND is after barely squeaking by them.

They don’t ever. They only prop Pitt up to help Clemson and never mention us without saying, Penn State killed them too. Should PSU be in discussion too? But ND is after barely squeaking by them.

Their hypothetical should have included Pitt beating Clemson next week.

They have to bend over backwards to set up 2 loss teams to stay ahead of us. LSUs Miami win is meaningless, way over ranked. And why do wins against ranked teams AT THE TIME count for others and not us?

Pollack is such a whiny little bitch. There is no path. I hope we get LSU in the Fiesta, I’ll save this video for Galloway.

Pollack comes off as a snotty teenager. It's his tone and facial expressions.

I wouldn't hang out with a guy like him and really don't understand how people think he has enough appeal to be on TV.

And its not like he's an expert on CFB.

Pollack comes off as a snotty teenager. It's his tone and facial expressions.

I wouldn't hang out with a guy like him and really don't understand how people think he has enough appeal to be on TV.

And its not like he's an expert on CFB.
Pollack’s insights are worthy of a 2nd grade child. If ESPN is looking to trim some overhead it will start with him.

Perhaps to deflect a little shade Herbi was getting from his
UCF rant, producers decided to place Pollack as new antagonist/boogieman of the show.

So much this, whines like a 5 year old, and so bitter his pro career was non-existent. Can't see anything other than SEC teams.
Easy. He broke his neck. He probably would have had a decent career as an OLB. Bruce Miller always reminded me of him. An undersized guy with a tremendous motor and play making ability.

I don't care about what he thinks of UCF, though.

I see 4 right now. And like I said, 2 of them are to prop up certain teams. ND is not good and will get whooped by any top 4 team in playoff.

ND is good. Saying they aren’t is sour grapes and just trying to trigger trolls. Undefeated is undefeated. Their schedule is no worse than ours. If they are no good, neither are we.

Plus, they already beat one of those tops 4 teams without their starting RB and with a now back-up QB.

ND is good. Saying they aren’t is sour grapes and just trying to trigger trolls. Undefeated is undefeated. Their schedule is no worse than ours. If they are no good, neither are we.

Plus, they already beat one of those tops 4 teams without their starting RB and with a now back-up QB.
All that we have without all these hypotheticals is one common opponent.

Pittsburgh. So they can Troll all they want. It’s always going to come down to that argument unless something else drastic happens

Reactions: AAC6800
All that we have without all these hypotheticals is one common opponent.

Pittsburgh. So they can Troll all they want. It’s always going to come down to that argument unless something else drastic happens

There are two common opponents, but in fairness to ND, UCF fans only talk about the one that benefits us.

Reactions: Crazyhole
There are two common opponents, but in fairness to ND, UCF fans only talk about the one that benefits us.

Just look at how that game went for us. We only had 8 possessions the whole game and scored a TD on 5 of them. We had a 10 play drive that ended in a fumble at the end of the half and we ran out the game on another, so two possessions we punted and one was the 2nd last for us when we were just trying to kill clock. We threw the ball 12 less times than them and just 8 times the second half with 6 completions. We controlled that game from the start and did anything we wanted to them. We let them score in the second half because we were playing prevent and their drives were killing the clock. The score difference was just 11 too, not like 26 which was the Pitt difference.

Reactions: Mikesi
Like it did for Cincy I guess?
Still can’t believe that Cincinnati won 42-0. That game was a complete annihilation.

Either we are THAT good when we want to be, transitive properties are bogus, or Cincinnati just had their number that day.

I mean that game was ugly.

Still can’t believe that Cincinnati won 42-0. That game was a complete annihilation.

Either we are THAT good when we want to be, transitive properties are bogus, or Cincinnati just had their number that day.

I mean that game was ugly.

I think it's bit of all-of-the-above.

Notre Dame loses
Georgia loses
Ohio State loses
Oklahoma loses to WV tonight
Washington State loses to Washington tonight

Playoff committee decides between LSU, Notre Dame or UCF and faces pitchforks and torches if they put a 2 loss LSU team in and slightly less hot torches if they put in a team that lost their last regular season game.

Just look at how that game went for us. We only had 8 possessions the whole game and scored a TD on 5 of them. We had a 10 play drive that ended in a fumble at the end of the half and we ran out the game on another, so two possessions we punted and one was the 2nd last for us when we were just trying to kill clock. We threw the ball 12 less times than them and just 8 times the second half with 6 completions. We controlled that game from the start and did anything we wanted to them. We let them score in the second half because we were playing prevent and their drives were killing the clock. The score difference was just 11 too, not like 26 which was the Pitt difference.
We punted more than twice didn’t we?

Kentucky is a very good football team. I have seem them play a few times this year. They probably would have beat A&M if their MLB hadn't been ejected for targeting in the second half the week before. Which I believe was a BS call (but I tend to believe targeting is BS most of the time, their wearing pads, let them play). LSU is a solid team, they are the opposite of us, really good D and an average O. Think GOL with SEC types on D. I'm not sure we would have been better in the SEC this season than LSU. Florida on the road would have been tough. Talent level in Gainesville is a little down, but the coaching is way up over where it has been the past 5-7 years. And Alabama. Playing devils advocate here, but is it possible that we would have lost the same two games they did?

Would LSU be undefeated if they played our schedule? Again, playing devils advocate.

IF we were to be an undefeated conference champion I think we should get the nod over LSU or a two loss Georgia. But we would need to be undefeated.
This is probably the most intelligent post I’ve seen on this forum. The fact that everyone completely ignored it simply points out the issue of UCF fans not wanting to admit that they are no better than a 2 or 3 loss P5 team.

What does the committee do with us now that LSU, Washington St and Michigan all lose and UCF wins by 28? Obviously, they put OSU over us because of....bias. But do they dare put us at 7 with Georgia, OU and OSU with championship games?

This is probably the most intelligent post I’ve seen on this forum. The fact that everyone completely ignored it simply points out the issue of UCF fans not wanting to admit that they are no better than a 2 or 3 loss P5 team.

Because we are better. Why can’t you just admit that? Don’t like it? Beat us on the field. Otherwise, continue to beat us off. Take your hypothetical P5 fairy tales somewhere else, because we just keep whippin’ that ass in real life.

What does the committee do with us now that LSU, Washington St and Michigan all lose and UCF wins by 28? Obviously, they put OSU over us because of....bias. But do they dare put us at 7 with Georgia, OU and OSU with championship games?
Why not? They’ll just have someone not fall even if they lose

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT