ADVERTISEMENT

Saudi’s Killed Jounalist

My bet is that the Trump Administration's plan (as well as our board's Usual Suspects) is to: Keep quiet and hope all the hoopla eventually dies down and goes away.

This administration doesn't want to be forced to do anything of any consequence about this--which is the very reason why the Saudi Prince felt so emboldened in the first place. His personal relationship with Trump and his son-in-law gave him the confidence to know he would be able to get away with murder.

The sad truth is, he was right.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight
My bet is that the Trump Administration's plan (as well as our board's Usual Suspects) is to: Keep quiet and hope all the hoopla eventually dies down and goes away.

This administration doesn't want to be forced to do anything of any consequence about this--which is the very reason why the Saudi Prince felt so emboldened in the first place. His personal relationship with Trump and his son-in-law gave him the confidence to know he would be able to get away with murder.

The sad truth is, he was right.
Speaking out of one side: We shouldn’t be the world’s policemen and we shouldn’t spend so much on defense.

From the other side: OMFG, Saudi Arabia did something bad. We must punish them. If we don’t, the Republicans are in bed with them. Republicans are evil and must be destroyed.

Speaking out of one side: We shouldn’t be the world’s policemen and we shouldn’t spend so much on defense.

From the other side: OMFG, Saudi Arabia did something bad. We must punish them. If we don’t, the Republicans are in bed with them. Republicans are evil and must be destroyed.

What an absolutely idiotic statement.No wonder no one takes you seriously.

If'm not really surprised you don't give a shit about human right violations, as long as they come from our "allies".

I'm surprised to learn these views are mutually exclusive. Seems to me the issue in this case is whether hitching our wagon to a Middle East country who's leader orders a hit on a journalist living in America is consistent with our country's values and beliefs. Our nation's foreign policies are never going to be lily clean but it seems to me that when another country's leader is murdering people, that's a bit over-the-line, don't you think?

Seems like something that a murderous dictator like Putin does -- oops, my bad. I forgot that Russia is actually our friend now, right guys?

I'm surprised to learn these views are mutually exclusive. Seems to me the issue in this case is whether hitching our wagon to a Middle East country who's leader orders a hit on a journalist living in America is consistent with our country's values and beliefs. Our nation's foreign policies are never going to be lily clean but it seems to me that when another country's leader is murdering people, that's a bit over-the-line, don't you think?

Seems like something that a murderous dictator like Putin does -- oops, my bad. I forgot that Russia is actually our friend now, right guys?
I'm all for getting away from ties with Saudi Arabia and the rest of the ME countries. The problem is that our business sector has already become too intertwined with them for sanctions and that we cannot guarantee energy independence so that we can burn any bridges.

I'm also all for doing more business with people who jibe with our values and beliefs. But I'm also for extending residency and citizenship only to those who jibe with our values and beliefs. Where do you stand on that?

I'm all for getting away from ties with Saudi Arabia and the rest of the ME countries. The problem is that our business sector has already become too intertwined with them for sanctions and that we cannot guarantee energy independence so that we can burn any bridges.

I'm also all for doing more business with people who jibe with our values and beliefs. But I'm also for extending residency and citizenship only to those who jibe with our values and beliefs. Where do you stand on that?
1. You said jibe twice.

2. I am for only extending residency to people who share our values.

3. I am for only doing business with countries who share our values.

Our values are not "be white." Our values are "don't murder political opponents and journalists that you disagree with"

Do you view this as a trick question? OF COURSE I want citizenship to only go to immigrants who embrace our values and beliefs. Our immigration program and citizenship requirements are intended to ensure that very fact.

Do you view this as a trick question? OF COURSE I want citizenship to only go to immigrants who embrace our values and beliefs. Our immigration program and citizenship requirements are intended to ensure that very fact.
I said residency and citizenship. I think that we should be more like some European countries and require cultural tests to legal aliens for them to continue their residency. Where do you stand on non-citizen voting?

Damn... America stands with Saudi Arabia... they lured a journalist into an embassy to kill him. They covered it up. The crown Prince ordered the killing. The cut up the body. The transported it back in suitcases. He was a United States resident and a member of the press working to expose human rights violations.

The message will be received loud and clear across the world. The United States no longer cares about spreading American values.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/20/tru...h-saudi-arabia-despite-khashoggi-killing.html

Damn... America stands with Saudi Arabia... they lured a journalist into an embassy to kill him. They covered it up. The crown Prince ordered the killing. The cut up the body. The transported it back in suitcases. He was a United States resident and a member of the press working to expose human rights violations.

The message will be received loud and clear across the world. The United States no longer cares about spreading American values.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/20/tru...h-saudi-arabia-despite-khashoggi-killing.html

What are you talking about? It perfectly matches the disgusting values of shit tier christians like @fabknight and @UCFKnight85 , both of which actively support racists and child molesters. Our current POTUS cadet bone spurs is their perfect leader.

Just when I thought the Trump Administration couldn't get any lower, they do. This is beyond pathetic. Let's see if his toadies here defend this action too.

Just when I thought the Trump Administration couldn't get any lower, they do. This is beyond pathetic. Let's see if his toadies here defend this action too.

I would say it's more sad than pathetic. Had it not been done by a leader of a country that spends billions in the US, there would have been retribution. It's all about the money.

Money makes the world go round.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I would say it's more sad than pathetic. Had it not been done by a leader of a country that spends billions in the US, there would have been retribution. It's all about the money.

I would bet my last dollar that Trump doesn't give a sh*t about how this impacts the U.S. This is about all the money that Trump's businesses get from the Saudis.

Wrong. It's about all the money the Saudi's spend here.

Saudi money spent here is certainly a part of it. My point is that the millions of dollars they spend on Trump businesses was The Driving Force behind the President's decision to 'let bygones by bygones.'

What's good for Trump is well-worth looking past the Crowned Prince ordering the gruesome murder of an American resident and Washington Post writer.

Saudi money spent here is certainly a part of it. My point is that the millions of dollars they spend on Trump businesses was The Driving Force behind the President's decision to 'let bygones by bygones.'

What's good for Trump is well-worth looking past the Crowned Prince ordering the gruesome murder of an American resident and Washington Post writer.
"The Driving Force"? That's pure speculation although I won't say it didn't have an impact. I'm not in Trump's head so I honestly can't say.

At a minimum, I'd like to think that any POTUS has US interest as the priority.

At a minimum, I'd like to think that any POTUS has US interest as the priority.

I'd LIKE to think that of any POTUS too. But Trump has made his motivations crystal clear: It's all about himself and his own personal interests.

I am literally stunned that anyone alive in America these past two years would ask such a question. What has he said or done that wasn't in his own personal interests?
Good. If it's so blatantly obvious then you should be able provide me info on how you arrived at this conclusion.

So conflicts of interest are proof that he's in it all for himself? This article was right when he even became president and simply outlined the conflicts of interest. Not to mention, he went through some sort of divestiture process.

I will need something a little more concrete than an article outline the potential conflicts of interest...you know, something more definitive that actually shows he became POTUS solely for his enrichment and advancement of his self-interests.

Just a reminder DS, you are debating with someone who regularly reads breitbart for their source of information. You might as well be debating with a pig from an IQ point of view.

So conflicts of interest are proof that he's in it all for himself? This article was right when he even became president and simply outlined the conflicts of interest. Not to mention, he went through some sort of divestiture process.

I will need something a little more concrete than an article outline the potential conflicts of interest...you know, something more definitive that actually shows he became POTUS solely for his enrichment and advancement of his self-interests.

These people are deranged and suffer from TDS. What do you expect? They are quite literally incapable of capturing sane, rationale thought since they walk around every single day with obsessive rage over Trump being President.

"The world" did it guys. Trump has cracked the case and is going to hold the world accountable.

Just a reminder that brainwashed dipshits like @UCFKnight85 are more upset about someone taking a knee during a song, than they are over a journalist being murdered.

How is this different to the guy that was sent back brain dead from North Korea? NK doesn’t have oil?

I just did a search and I can't find one Western leader who has come right out and blamed the Saudis outright for this - yet. And yet some people here expect that Trump should be on TV calling MBS a murderer and declaring that our relationship is over. Oh boy.

I'm going to bet this was a bungled kidnap attempt which isn't much better, but the fact that this happened in Turkey raises my eyebrows. Erdogan is a guy who has rounded up his own critics for 2 years and absolutely hates the Saudi royal family. He wants to be the de facto Sunni Muslim leader in the world and views MBS as a threat to that.

The fact that the impossibly tight lipped Turkish Intelligence services were soooooooooo willing to leak everything they have to the media seems suspect to me. Including how they spy on foreign diplomats on their own soil! Maybe they just really want to twist a knife in the Saudi back. Maybe there's much more to this bizzare story.

If this does prove out to be the Saudis then MBS is truly the dumbest monarch in maybe the last 100 years in KSA. It will almost assure that relations with the US come to a standstill for some time.
Really? Trump os kissing MBS’s ass

If this does prove out to be the Saudis then MBS is truly the dumbest monarch in maybe the last 100 years in KSA. It will almost assure that relations with the US come to a standstill for some time.

You gave Trump more credit than he deserved... again.

Color me shocked that the TDS folks are in whiny hysterics over Trumps reaction to a report or conclusion that is not even released yet

My God you people have problems
Can we be in whiny hysterics now that the intel community has blamed Saudi Arabia but Trump blames "the world"

Or is it still took soon?

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Wahh!!! Trump didn’t punish the Saudis yet over a report or conclusion that isn’t agreed yet!!! Wahhh!!! No western leader has done this yet but we demand trump to have it out with the Saudis because we have TDS!!!
Is it TDS still or na?

7BB4C7FE-F921-4D0D-867F-53B7691931F0_cx0_cy3_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Color me shocked the TDS folks are running with a single story from a pro-Erdogan newspaper. The CIA and Turkish Authroitties all have no comment on this. And the CIA would tell this to a pro-Erdogan paper why?

A Turkish newspaper reported on Thursday CIA director Gina Haspel signaled to Turkish officials last month that the agency had a recording of a call in which Saudi Arabia’s crown prince gave instructions to “silence” Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Asked about the report, a Turkish official told Reuters he had no information about such a recording. Saudi Arabia has said Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had no prior knowledge of Khashoggi’s killing at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul six weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT