ADVERTISEMENT

southern border to be guarded by 5k troops

This is so ridiculous. There is no war or ethnic cleansing going on down there that would bring thousands of people to flee. Economic conditions havent changed. No natural disaster made their homeland uninhabitable. Its obviously coordinated for political reasons.

Lmao wtf is wrong with you? Remember that poll I posted about conspiracy theories and conservatives? Jesus fuking Christ you are a textbook example.

These people live in literal poverty, they coordinated a group to travel to stay safe and move away from the insanely dangerous and drug ruled cities to move their families to a better life. If anyone thinks this is a liberal plot for some reason you are literally too stupid to be alive. If it was a political plot it would make most sense to be run by conservatives, since for some reason this seems to be the GOP's motivation for this election cycle.

Lmao wtf is wrong with you? Remember that poll I posted about conspiracy theories and conservatives? Jesus fuking Christ you are a textbook example.

These people live in literal poverty, they coordinated a group to travel to stay safe and move away from the insanely dangerous and drug ruled cities to move their families to a better life. If anyone thinks this is a liberal plot for some reason you are literally too stupid to be alive. If it was a political plot it would make most sense to be run by conservatives, since for some reason this seems to be the GOP's motivation for this election cycle.

So you think its reasonable that several thousand destitute people were able to coordinate this and know they could walk for over 2 months through gang infested areas to a place that would not let them in without concern for their own lives?

Reactions: UCFWayne
They are so poor that they are starving to death but are willing to walk for 2 months not knowing if they will even have water? Hmmm. This isnt conspiracy theory stuff, this is common sense.

They are so poor that they are starving to death but are willing to walk for 2 months not knowing if they will even have water? Hmmm. This isnt conspiracy theory stuff, this is common sense.

It’s a total sham. You’re 100% right.

These are not asylum seekers. These are highly organized economic migrants who want to jump everyone else in the immigration line.

So you think its reasonable that several thousand destitute people were able to coordinate this and know they could walk for over 2 months through gang infested areas to a place that would not let them in without concern for their own lives?

Do you not understand why there is a caravan? I literally just explained this, it's for their safety.

Have you heard of the internet? It's a great tool for coordinating things. Check it out sometime.

This is literally insane. There is zero common sense left on the right. You all are fuking idiots that swallow whatever insane conspiracy theory fox newnews shoves down your throat.

Do you not understand why there is a caravan? I literally just explained this, it's for their safety.

Have you heard of the internet? It's a great tool for coordinating things. Check it out sometime.

This is literally insane. There is zero common sense left on the right. You all are fuking idiots that swallow whatever insane conspiracy theory fox newnews shoves down your throat.

People who live in literal poverty have internet access? Weird. I hope they have broadband.

I love how it's always the Christians that are the most unlike Christ. Modern fundamental Christianity is a joke. You people are a pathetic disgrace to your religion and have been duped by the GOP. Liberal atheists on the left are a thousand times more Christ like than you people.

Just to be clear, the above wasn't directed to crazyhole, I know he's trolling about this being a left wing conspiracy just like he's trolling about the earth being 6,000 years old. It's directed at people who are actually brain dead enough to swallow this bullshit.

I love how it's always the Christians that are the most unlike Christ. Modern fundamental Christianity is a joke. You people are a pathetic disgrace to your religion and have been duped by the GOP. Liberal atheists on the left are a thousand times more Christ like than you people.

Oh come on. This has nothing to do with faith or religion. If you'd like, we can discuss scripture and how it pertains here, but I'm not sure that it would be productive in a political debate.

Just to be clear, the above wasn't directed to crazyhole, I know he's trolling about this being a left wing conspiracy just like he's trolling about the earth being 6,000 years old. It's directed at people who are actually brain dead enough to swallow this bullshit.

Um, i have not suggested that this is a conspiracy and have never claimed the earth is 6000 years old. Please dont lump me in with others.

Oh come on. This has nothing to do with faith or religion. If you'd like, we can discuss scripture and how it pertains here, but I'm not sure that it would be productive in a political debate.

Sure it does. These people are in need and the "Christian" GOP has completely demonized these people, and the hypocrite 85 is the perfect example of the most un-Christ like behavior you can possibly imagine.

Last edited:
I'm dirt poor but let me walk with no water or food for 2 months with no guarantee of getting into the US. Whatever...I hear Venezuela is a nice place to for a carvan.

Makes sense to use the military to reinforce the port of entry and set up the facilities needed to House, feed, and care for a large group of people for an extended time while the asylum process is completed. What other world class organization has the structure, assets, training, expertise, and resources can respond to and sustain to such a need?

Am I wrong?

im guessing ninja has been pinned down by solid points and is now lashing out.

Lol still obsessed with me since I continually poke holes in your elementary school level logic.

Really sad how you conservatives block everyone you disagree with when they prove how unintelligent you are.

Am I wrong?

Of course you're wrong.

The refugee caravan is currently in south Mexico, over 1000 miles from our border. So the logic that we somehow need all these troops NOW (you know, before the elections), is dubious at best.

And IF these people make it all the way to an immigration station at the border, it'll more than likely be a mere fraction of the original group that started.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Of course you're wrong.

The refugee caravan is currently in south Mexico, over 1000 miles from our border. So the logic that we somehow need all these troops NOW (you know, before the elections), is dubious at best.

And IF these people make it all the way to an immigration station at the border, it'll more than likely be a mere fraction of the original group that started.

You're right- we should wait until we have hundreds or thousands of these people at our border with no resources to process them before we call in help from the military. Great idea!

You're right- we should wait until we have hundreds or thousands of these people at our border with no resources to process them before we call in help from the military. Great idea!

LOL You people crack me up! :)

The BEST estimates are that the caravan of refugees -- if they're lucky -- will get to our border in another month and a half.

But please tell us all again with a straight face why we desperately need to deploy 5000-plus troops to our border RIGHT NOW before next Tuesday's elections.

Remmeber the picture of the kid being “yelled at” and being ripped from her mother by CBP pushed by the media? Remember when it turned out that her mother was right next to her? Remember when it turned out that the mother was very well off and took her daughter on a dangerous, unnecessary voyage against the wishes of the father?

I do. A product of the good ol unbiased media

This is so ridiculous. There is no war or ethnic cleansing going on down there that would bring thousands of people to flee. Economic conditions havent changed. No natural disaster made their homeland uninhabitable. Its obviously coordinated for political reasons.
The 'epiphany' for the American public should have been the real story -- which was completely discarded by the US media until the UK media published it -- of the kid on the Time Magazine cover.
  • Not fleeing economic conditions
  • Not fleeing violence issues
  • Never separated from her child
    • She did separate the child from his father, without his approval
  • Paid organized crime $6,000 to cross the border
    • Those who don't have the money end up smuggling drugs, guns or people instead
  • Countless other 'facts lost'
The US media has a narrative, and they will use it -- regardless of the facts -- as there is no need for them to be factual, per the 1st Amendment. Just how it is, and how the majority of the US media serve the narrative that has utterly changed what even Democratic candidates say.

The US is becoming one big, huge lie ... Trump didn't start it, he's just part of it. It's both parties, both sets of media, both sides, period.

So is someone who gets an advanced engineering degree and designs sub-components for Boeing.
But he is less worthy, and put at the back of the line ... waiting an average of 151 years for a Green Card, and has to hope he can be under a Visa program that takes most of his money away from him, while underpaying him, severely.

The US is the ultimate anti-meritocracy, and we are now destroying the future of the country as a result.

Since they all can afford cell phones, im surprised all 100k of them arent using facebook live or youtube live to document their journey to the border.
Thats why the alt-right wins.

Like I said in the birthright thread he is a terrible human being , embarrassing for a U.S President to make that threat to migrants

And yet here are the words of the most straight shooting SecDef we’ve had in a long time.

“We don’t do stunts in this department,” Mattis told reporters, according to a Pentagon pool report.

Mattis said the military support to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which oversees U.S. Customs and Border Protection, “is practical support based on the request from the commissioner of customs and border police.”

The US is the ultimate anti-meritocracy, and we are now destroying the future of the country as a result.

This little diddy above has been one of the cornerstones of this country's anti-immigration movement dating all the way back to the founding of our nation.

Whether we were talking about those 'damn Germans', or those 'damn Catholics' from Ireland, or heaven-help-us, 'those damn Chinese', 'those damn Vietnamese', and now 'all those damn illegals' coming from Mexico, it's been the same old story and the same old fear-mongering.

Ironically, I have no doubt that many of today's biggest fear-mongers had immigrant ancestors who were themselves bashed back in their day.

This little diddy above has been one of the cornerstones of this country's anti-immigration movement dating all the way back to the founding of our nation.

Whether we were talking about those 'damn Germans', or those 'damn Catholics' from Ireland, or heaven-help-us, 'those damn Chinese', 'those damn Vietnamese', and now 'all those damn illegals' coming from Mexico, it's been the same old story and the same old fear-mongering.

Ironically, I have no doubt that many of today's biggest fear-mongers had immigrant ancestors who were themselves bashed back in their day.

This is real cute and all but it's also utterly false for what we're addressing today. Which is: illegal immigration. I don't care who comes to this country and I would love to have people that want to be Americans. But I have one, single, frigging demand that millions of Americans also have: do it legally.

Stop sneaking across. Stop smuggling your way in. Stop over staying a visa and not taking the steps to renew it. Go to a valid border entry point with the right paperwork and do it like EVERY OTHER immigrant who comes here LEGALLY does it.

There's nothing "anti-immigrant" about wanting our laws enforced. You and the lefties simply spin it this way deliberately.

This is real cute and all but it's also utterly false for what we're addressing today. Which is: illegal immigration. I don't care who comes to this country and I would love to have people that want to be Americans. But I have one, single, frigging demand that millions of Americans also have: do it legally.

Stop sneaking across. Stop smuggling your way in. Stop over staying a visa and not taking the steps to renew it. Go to a valid border entry point with the right paperwork and do it like EVERY OTHER immigrant who comes here LEGALLY does it.

There's nothing "anti-immigrant" about wanting our laws enforced. You and the lefties simply spin it this way deliberately.
i cant like this post enough. i would add one additional request, assimilate to our culture.

Reactions: fabknight
There's nothing "anti-immigrant" about wanting our laws enforced.

Oookay. But your 'it's great if its legal" line of defense doesn't explain why are you grousing about a group of refugees who are intending to legally apply for asylum. What's up with that?

i would add one additional request, assimilate to our culture.

LOL. You people are following the old anti-immigration history book so closely it ain't funny. :)

Look at the history of many of America's small rural towns and big city neighborhoods and you'll see that -- get this -- immigrants used to go to communities where other immigrants from their home country had previously set up shop. Yeah, I know, what a shocker, right?

And this 'assimilation' business in our country has always been more second and third generation than first. Much of that had to do with learning the English language.

Oookay. But your 'it's great if its legal" line of defense doesn't explain why are you grousing about a group of refugees who are intending to legally apply for asylum. What's up with that?

LOL. You people are following the old anti-immigration history book so closely it ain't funny. :)

Look at the history of many of America's small rural towns and big city neighborhoods and you'll see that -- get this -- immigrants used to go to communities where other immigrants from their home country had previously set up shop. Yeah, I know, what a shocker, right?

And this 'assimilation' business in our country has always been more second and third generation than first. Much of that had to do with learning the English language.

[roll] I love how you continue pushing the idea that all of these people are refugees and not organized economic migrants. Which they are.

I'm not grousing about them either. That's your Fantasy Land world talking. I am simply supportive of the military being used to LEGALLY process these people, should they make it to the border. It's as simple as that. Your opposition to simply assuring that this caravan is processed legally and resources are there to do it tells me a lot about your stance on border enforcement.

We'll see how many of them present themselves at a legal border crossing and how many of them break off and pay smugglers.

I'm not grousing about them either. That's your Fantasy Land world talking. I am simply supportive of the military being used to LEGALLY process these people, should they make it to the border. It's as simple as that.

Okay, if it's that simple, answer this for me: If these refugees are committing a gigantic sham and they aren't legitimate asylum seekers as you've indicated, don't you think that's what immigration services is responsible for determining if or when they arrive at the border?

This will be done through the Trump Administration now, right? So what's the problem here? Let me guess: Are our Immigration officers 'Deep State" Obama-sympathizers who are hellbent on allowing them all in? Is THAT how this is going to be 'illegally' done?

I love how I'm told this is supposed to be such a "common sense" issue by posters who refuse to use any. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT