ADVERTISEMENT

Texas salon owner jailed

She defied the law because she's trying to feed her kids. Now she's going to jail for 7 days, separated from her family.
In the article, it stated the woman could have received a fine if she promised to remain closed until the Governor allowed salons to reopen (which he did last Friday). She refused.

But we're all supposed to feel sorry that this poor mother -- who was "just trying to stay open in order to feed her kids" -- was so concerned about their welfare that she chose to...go to jail instead of being there to take care of them? WTF?

I smell a publicity hound.

Just a judge who got pissed, She refused to apologize for opening, and refused to close her business. There was no law just an order by the Governor. She did refuse to listen to the Judge, The attorney general of Texas already sent a letter to the judge to let her out. These Gov't officials are getting way to full of themselves and their power.

Just a judge who got pissed, She refused to apologize for opening, and refused to close her business. There was no law just an order by the Governor. She did refuse to listen to the Judge, The attorney general of Texas already sent a letter to the judge to let her out. These Gov't officials are getting way to full of themselves and their power.
LOL This Broad disobeyed the Governor's health order, then refused to listen to the judge -- but it's the Government officials who were full of themselves in this case?

Sadly, if someone dies as a result of this woman's stupidity and recklessness, there won't be a newspaper article about it. She'll remain your Personal Freedom Martyr.

LOL This Broad disobeyed the Governor's health order, then refused to listen to the judge -- but it's the Government officials who were full of themselves in this case?

Sadly, if someone dies as a result of this woman's stupidity and recklessness, there won't be a newspaper article about it. She'll remain your Personal Freedom Martyr.
When are you going to realize that some people have to work for a living, and if they don't they starve?

When are you going to realize that some people have to work for a living, and if they don't they starve?
I'm not denying there are people hurting in this country -- but THIS woman ain't one of them. Christ, she chose to go to jail instead of being home with her family! What does that tell you?

Yeah. She should’ve been a good little subject and followed the rules of the almighty government officials as they put her out of business and her employees through oppressive hardship. That would’ve been the American thing to do.

Yeah. She should’ve been a good little subject and followed the rules of the almighty government officials as they put her out of business and her employees through oppressive hardship. That would’ve been the American thing to do.
I thought you were all about law and order.

Yeah, riiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

How does sitting in jail help this 'devoted' mother feed her kids?
Thats the point. This judge on a power trip is making an example out of someone that was using common sense, and now she's sitting in jail. Stupid.

I guess on the bright side of this is that we no longer need to hear about how illegal immigrants are justified in breaking the law because they are just trying to provide for their families. Lock em up and separate them from their kids because the law is Supreme.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Thats the point. This judge on a power trip is making an example out of someone that was using common sense, and now she's sitting in jail. Stupid.
The judge gave her a choice, she was the one who decided that 15 minutes of fame was more important than her family. Stupid.

The judge gave her a choice, she was the one who decided that 15 minutes of fame was more important than her family. Stupid.
Fame? She stood up for what is right. I wish more people were like her and fewer were like "just do as you are told". If this was 1775 you'd probably be pissed off at the continental congress because they were just seeking attention.

I thought you were all about law and order.
I’m libertarian. I’m about law and order where it’s necessary and right. I believe that government derives its power from its citizens and should be serving them. These executive orders may be necessary but they’re also dangerous. I’m also on record saying that closing down so many businesses was a panic move and unjustified when we could’ve enacted social distancing and other measures universally and kept more businesses open. So it all falls in line.

I’m libertarian. I’m about law and order where it’s necessary and right. I believe that government derives its power from its citizens and should be serving them. These executive orders may be necessary but they’re also dangerous. I’m also on record saying that closing down so many businesses was a panic move and unjustified when we could’ve enacted social distancing and other measures universally and kept more businesses open. So it all falls in line.
Yet on another post with a jogger shot down, you're sticking to the law.

Yet on another post with a jogger shot down, you're sticking to the law.
I don’t know what point you’re trying to make. In that thread I’m discussing what the current laws are, that I think the guys that chased him down are guilty of murder, and how there is a sliver of a chance the video shows something that may indicate justifiable self-defense. But that is a citizen on citizen, probably criminal, action. There’s no government applied force involved at all.

Just because she has a salon doesn't make her a millionaire. A few months of no income can destroy her business. I'm glad your concerned about her and her staff.
Concerned about her? Hell, no. This woman has shown she's one sharp cookie. She's managed to turn her situation in a major long-term money-maker! In addition to her GoFundMe windfall, she's got a future as a paid speaker for all kinds of "freedom loving" right wing groups all across the South!

Concerned about her staff? Of course not! I'm sure the benevolent owner of this upscale salon will split all that GoFundMe money with her employees, right? ;)

She wouldn't be in this place if the judge wasn't a d-bag. To actually arrest someone for "working" to cut hair in 2020 is unbelievable.
It is unbelievable because it's not true. The salon owner put herself in jail.

The judge was trying to make her "apologize" like she is a kid that did something wrong. Lady is literally the reason the judge has a salary. The private economy is what pays for government. They work for us not the other way around. Judge can piss off.
Heeeeellllooooooooo. Do I really need to remind you and other knuckleheads like this salon owner??? We're in the midst of a pandemic!!!!!

This lady is 'literally' responsible for reckless behavior that could lead to innocent people dying of COVID-19.

Me personally I've been in and out of every open store without a mask or gloves. I know the risk.
Funny how "freedom" is now being defined by the Right -- whether we're talking guns or coronavirus guidelines -- as a childish, "neh, neh, I can do whatever the f*k I want!!!" proclamation regardless of its consequences to our society.

If your personal freedom means someone's mother dies of COVID-19 or someone's daughter dies in a mass shooting, that's no skin off your nose, right?

God forbid, we have any kind of moral responsibility to protect one another!

Such privilege. Follow the rules that you agree with, don't follow the rules that you disagree with. Get rewarded. Must be nice.

Doesn't that explain the American Civil War?
Explains most of the times where Americans have changed America by not following the rules. Slavery, civil rights, suffrage, etc. we’re all places where people were enduring hardship under bad rules, engaged in civil disobedience, and “changed the world.”

Explains most of the times where Americans have changed America by not following the rules. Slavery, civil rights, suffrage, etc. we’re all places where people were enduring hardship under bad rules, engaged in civil disobedience, and “changed the world.”

None of them were rewarded with cash. She is not Rosa Parks.

I just put $100,000 in her GoFundMe account in Shooksters name

Oh. My. God. Did you really compare disobeying a pandemic stay-at-home order with the fight against slavery and for Civil rights???!?

You don't care about others though
That's rich. It's the self-absorbed, selfish "personal freedom" knuckleheads like you who don't care about other people.

There are plenty of people around who are dedicated to helping families in need. The last thing hungry families need are idiots like you who are hell-bent on prolonging this damn thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT