ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

Mask mainly keep you from spreading it as much, do little to protect you. The biggest problem with those who refuse to wear mask is they likely ignore all other recommendations as well. They likely do not avoid large groups, try to stay 6 feet away from others ect. I wear on inside of public buildings, I am not going to wear it while working outside 10+ feet away from others, or in the parking lot where I can easily stay 6+ feet away from others as I walk up to the store, and definitely not wearing it in my car with windows rolled up traveling down the road with air conditioner on.

Reactions: fried-chicken
Mask mainly keep you from spreading it as much, do little to protect you. The biggest problem with those who refuse to wear mask is they likely ignore all other recommendations as well. They likely do not avoid large groups, try to stay 6 feet away from others ect. I wear on inside of public buildings, I am not going to wear it while working outside 10+ feet away from others, or in the parking lot where I can easily stay 6+ feet away from others as I walk up to the store, and definitely not wearing it in my car with windows rolled up traveling down the road with air conditioner on.
There is a middle ground that most sane people have arrived at but some places like the gas station where I live have almost 0 people wear masks inside. We were going to go to subway yesterday and 6 people in line with no masks. We were waiting in line when an older couple with masks walked in, saw the mask situation and dipped. We ended up doing the same.

I see almost everyone supports masks but in my area very few people are wearing them.

Masks have been required for the last month and done zip/nada with the spread. False protection and people likely are more risky thinking they are safe with the mask. A cloth mask doesn't stop a virus that is micron size. Fauci said it. About all it will do if you have a giant cough is limit the spread further. The box that you get your mask in will clearly state does not prevent covid-19.
I’m not sure about your masks required for a month thing. Bars were shut 2 weeks ago. I don’t think people were wearing masks in bars 3 weeks or a month ago when they were open.

I’m not sure about your masks required for a month thing. Bars were shut 2 weeks ago. I don’t think people were wearing masks in bars 3 weeks or a month ago when they were open.

True, but in theory the bar people then went elsewhere in public where masks were required. That should have slowed spread if everyone had a mask on.

When was the mask required date? Getting close to a month? Miami has been required the entire time. New York was always required. These cloth masks are not designed to filter microscopic viruses. They probably do have reduction in the distance of spread if you start coughing. Your ears and eyes are exposed and the cloth can't filter the virus.

Homemade masks only contain viruses that are trapped within large droplets of fluid. Even surgical masks are largely ineffective. The best analogy I've heard is that its like putting up a chain link fence to keep mosquitoes out.

When was the mask required date? Getting close to a month? Miami has been required the entire time. New York was always required. These cloth masks are not designed to filter microscopic viruses. They probably do have reduction in the distance of spread if you start coughing. Your ears and eyes are exposed and the cloth can't filter the virus.
Well in Orange country there was an EO with about 15 exceptions, some of which were working out or eating and drinking. Is this what you are referring to?

Good God, we're STILL arguing about masks?

Face it, if 97% of Americans had rallied together in early March and began wearing masks in public places and practicing social distancing, our country would have returned to a 'new normal' and our economy would actually be moving forward instead of the crap we're still dealing with.

The incompetency of the Trump Administration knows no bounds. The irony is that our resident Trumpsters advocated we simply HAD to ignore the Federal guidelines to reopen the economy early. Now we're seeing how such a reckless attitude has ended up hurting rather than helping that effort.

Given the stunning consequences, you'd think the MAGA hatters' position would have had them apologizing to the rest of us or hiding away from the board in embarrassment.

But they operate with daily amnesia so their latest bullshit is to throw up their hands and say, "we're all gonna get it, there's really nothing we can do about it."

With this kind of imbecility running the country, January 2021 can't get here soon enough.

Good God, we're STILL arguing about masks?

Face it, if 97% of Americans had rallied together in early March and began wearing masks in public places and practicing social distancing, our country would have returned to a 'new normal' and our economy would actually be moving forward instead of the crap we're still dealing with.

The incompetency of the Trump Administration knows no bounds. The irony is that our resident Trumpsters advocated we simply HAD to ignore the Federal guidelines to reopen the economy early. Now we're seeing how such a reckless attitude has ended up hurting rather than helping that effort.

Given the stunning consequences, you'd think the MAGA hatters' position would have had them apologizing to the rest of us or hiding away from the board in embarrassment.

But they operate with daily amnesia so their latest bullshit is to throw up their hands and say, "we're all gonna get it, there's really nothing we can do about it."

With this kind of imbecility running the country, January 2021 can't get here soon enough.

How have you gotten this far in life with such a linear thought process? What's it like being retired and still believing in a boogeyman?

So you are suggesting that if 97% of people had worn masks we would be over this. What of the other 3% that would still be spreading this virus? Would the virus have just magically disappeared in your scenario? Of course we still go back to the enforcement mechanism that your fantasy world includes, which you have yet to describe. You tell us that trump is an idiot day after day after day, but now you suggest that if he had told us to wear masks that people would listen to that idiot?

They found an error and corrected it. Don’t you know that means all data is now null and void?

They found An error. How many more are unaccounted for? Is that the only error? So far we have been provided with flip flop stances on Masks, Social Distancing, Transmissions and Numbers. Nothing about the coverage of this virus has been accurate and transparent. But, go ahead and believe the numbers you’re fed.

So you are suggesting that if 97% of people had worn masks we would be over this. What of the other 3% that would still be spreading this virus? Would the virus have just magically disappeared in your scenario?
You act like the rest of the world is in as bad a shape as we are. News flash: they aren't.

Gee, I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Reactions: NinjaKnight
They found An error. How many more are unaccounted for? Is that the only error? So far we have been provided with flip flop stances on Masks, Social Distancing, Transmissions and Numbers. Nothing about the coverage of this virus has been accurate and transparent. But, go ahead and believe the numbers you’re fed.
Your skepticism of everything is noted.

giphy.gif

Did 97% of them wear masks?
European countries where mask-wearing is compulsory outside of your home include:
  • Germany
  • France
  • Spain
  • Austria
  • Poland
  • The Czech Republic
  • Slovakia
  • Bosnia & Herzegovina
  • Luxembourg
I guess these countries have just gotten 'luckier' than the U.S., huh?

You’re not skeptical of any of the information provided throughout this ordeal? Not concerned by It?
What information specifically? I don’t base any life decisions on if a hospital mistakenly reported a 100% positivity rate.

Masks have been required in Orlando for 3 to 4 weeks. Cases are still climbing. Your dumb cloth mask doesn't do anything. Look at the virus size and your Walmart mask. Might as well wear a lace mask.
So explain why the United States is faring so badly compared to other countries? Or is that health data "false" too?

So explain why the United States is faring so badly compared to other countries? Or is that health data "false" too?

-many don't wear masks
-people congregate in large crowds like idiots
-people protested and rioted (redundancy of #2)
-a bunch of pigs in this country don't know how to wash their hands

Only things I can think of.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
What information specifically? I don’t base any life decisions on if a hospital mistakenly reported a 100% positivity rate.

The entire handling of this as a whole. I’m sure I’ll miss some, but we’ve had:

Asymptomatic Transmission doesn’t happen, oh wait It does.

Masks aren’t needed, then they are

The virus doesn’t seem likely to move from animals to humans (we were big time wrong there)

The number of positive tests being corrected countless times

the number of deaths being corrected countless times.

The WHO, Fauci and the Media have been inconsistent at best with the information and detrimental at worst because they never seem to have the facts when they are presenting. The constant flip flopping of positions regarding the virus and the nature of contracting It, the numbers regarding It, and the prevention of It have been nothing short of a shit show. So everything they say regarding should be met with at least some skeptical outlook until multiple sources can confirm if that is the plan of action.

The WHO, Fauci and the Media have been inconsistent at best with the information and detrimental at worst because they never seem to have the facts when they are presenting.
Damn. Apparently we were the only ones in the world duped by the health experts as the world learned more about this new virus.

Damn. Apparently we were the only ones in the world duped by the health experts as the world learned more about this new virus.

So you think learning more about It justifies the incorrectly reported positive numbers, positive tests, death rates and the spread of the misinformation that was handed out early on?

The get a free pass to not be questioned or met with skepticism regarding the multiple errors in every facet of handling this?

Its 46000 tests and 9500 positives. A few mistakes in each direction isnt going to change that the results are trending upward for % positive. I dont even know why anyone would argue it when its pretty clear whats happening. Deaths are starting to trend upward too. This shit is not going to look good in a month.

Its 46000 tests and 9500 positives. A few mistakes in each direction isnt going to change that the results are trending upward for % positive. I dont even know why anyone would argue it when its pretty clear whats happening. Deaths are starting to trend upward too. This shit is not going to look good in a month.

literally doesn’t negate anything I said

The entire handling of this as a whole. I’m sure I’ll miss some, but we’ve had:

Asymptomatic Transmission doesn’t happen, oh wait It does.

Masks aren’t needed, then they are

The virus doesn’t seem likely to move from animals to humans (we were big time wrong there)

The number of positive tests being corrected countless times

the number of deaths being corrected countless times.

The WHO, Fauci and the Media have been inconsistent at best with the information and detrimental at worst because they never seem to have the facts when they are presenting. The constant flip flopping of positions regarding the virus and the nature of contracting It, the numbers regarding It, and the prevention of It have been nothing short of a shit show. So everything they say regarding should be met with at least some skeptical outlook until multiple sources can confirm if that is the plan of action.
I’m not sure what you mean by “the handling”. If you are using an appeal to authority as the basis for arguing for or against a certain action you are always going to run into trouble of contradicting guidance. There are multiple “authorities” and early on there was not much known about the virus. I would say the guidance we have at this moment based on scientific studies is the best we have. At the moment. That isn’t to say it’s perfect, but certainly it is better than what we had in March.

So you think learning more about It justifies the incorrectly reported positive numbers, positive tests, death rates and the spread of the misinformation that was handed out early on?
LOL---The "spread of misinformation" came out of the WH.

But let's blame the health officials who were urging caution in the face of the President who said his administration "had it all under control" and who said the virus would "magically disappear" this summer.

He then encouraged Governors to ignore his Administration's own reopening the economy guidelines -- and low and behold -- the numbers started spiking again.

Now he's saying schools need to physically open in a month or else suffer the consequences. Gee, I wonder how that's going to turn out?

But remember, this is all on Fauci's head, right DAiello18? :rolleyes:

Zero deaths in my county with no mask requirements. Why did we do so much better than all of europe?

I’m not sure what you mean by “the handling”. If you are using an appeal to authority as the basis for arguing for or against a certain action you are always going to run into trouble of contradicting guidance. There are multiple “authorities” and early on there was not much known about the virus. I would say the guidance we have at this moment based on scientific studies is the best we have. At the moment. That isn’t to say it’s perfect, but certainly it is better than what we had in March.

By "the handling" I mean the relay of information from the leading experts to the public through media outlets without confirmation that It was an incomplete set of data. I would also consider the backtracking without context of where their new information came from a bad "handling" of the situation.

I mean, just one example is Fauci's interview regarding the mask:

KELLY: On face masks, I know you have talked about the early guidance to Americans not to wear them. You've said you don't regret that guidance, that there weren't enough masks, and health care providers needed them first in the early days. My question is, why were Americans told masks don't work? If the problem was we don't have enough of them, they could help, but we don't have them, why weren't we told that?

FAUCI: Well, you know, it was I think a lot of confusion about what you mean by work. I think what was really, I think, miscommunicated was that they are not perfect. It isn't like there's 100% protection. But one of the...

KELLY: We were told, if I may, sir, by the Surgeon General, stop buying masks. They're not effective...

FAUCI: Yeah but - yeah.

KELLY: ...In preventing the general public from catching coronavirus. That's what we were told. That's a tweet from him, Feb. 29.

FAUCI: Yeah, I know. I - you know, I don't want to go back and analyze a tweet. But to tell you now the data that we have right now - one of the things that has actually happened was a realization that we have such a high percentage of people who are asymptomatic and who we know can spread the infection. And that was one of the major driving forces of getting people to say, wait a minute, we have a different situation now. We have people who may not even know they're infected and are inadvertently infecting others. Those are the ones that we want to have masks on. And we know we can protect the others who are on the other side of that mask. It isn't 100% protection by any means. But certainly the amount that you get is worth wearing it.

I think everyone needs to be more transparent and less partisan. I mean if Fauci came out and had data and numbers I think people would be more likely look past the dozens of erroneous incidents from all of these people.

Shookster is 100% a Cuomo fanboy
He doesn't think about things objectively or even attempt to analyze situations. Its not that he loves Cuomo, its that he hates trump and nothing else in his mind matters. Its very simple minded and linear: if trump is president, everything about our country is a failure. If trump isn't president: we are a blessed people. Thats all it boils down to.

Redfield defended the U.S. coronavirus response, saying that initial projections estimated that the virus could have killed up to 2.4 million people in the U.S. He added that “while not perfect,” the U.S. response has “really made an impact.” Specifically, he praised President Donald Trump’s decision to suspend travel to and from China, even though the virus was also beginning to spread to the U.S. from parts of Europe by then. An analysis of the virus strains found in New York City and elsewhere later showed that the outbreak was seeded primarily by travelers from Europe, not China.

Oof. Another blow to the narrative from the CDC. Yikes

Redfield defended the U.S. coronavirus response, saying that initial projections estimated that the virus could have killed up to 2.4 million people in the U.S. He added that “while not perfect,” the U.S. response has “really made an impact.” Specifically, he praised President Donald Trump’s decision to suspend travel to and from China, even though the virus was also beginning to spread to the U.S. from parts of Europe by then. An analysis of the virus strains found in New York City and elsewhere later showed that the outbreak was seeded primarily by travelers from Europe, not China.

Oof. Another blow to the narrative from the CDC. Yikes
We should have totally quarantined everybody from the New England states. Shut down all air travel in and out, blockaded all roads, and threatened to kill anyone that tried to leave. Compensate them with 500 bucks a week and call it good.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
He doesn't think about things objectively or even attempt to analyze situations. Its not that he loves Cuomo, its that he hates trump and nothing else in his mind matters. Its very simple minded and linear: if trump is president, everything about our country is a failure. If trump isn't president: we are a blessed people. Thats all it boils down to.
TDS. Shookster is very ill

By "the handling" I mean the relay of information from the leading experts to the public through media outlets without confirmation that It was an incomplete set of data. I would also consider the backtracking without context of where their new information came from a bad "handling" of the situation.

I mean, just one example is Fauci's interview regarding the mask:

KELLY: On face masks, I know you have talked about the early guidance to Americans not to wear them. You've said you don't regret that guidance, that there weren't enough masks, and health care providers needed them first in the early days. My question is, why were Americans told masks don't work? If the problem was we don't have enough of them, they could help, but we don't have them, why weren't we told that?

FAUCI: Well, you know, it was I think a lot of confusion about what you mean by work. I think what was really, I think, miscommunicated was that they are not perfect. It isn't like there's 100% protection. But one of the...

KELLY: We were told, if I may, sir, by the Surgeon General, stop buying masks. They're not effective...

FAUCI: Yeah but - yeah.

KELLY: ...In preventing the general public from catching coronavirus. That's what we were told. That's a tweet from him, Feb. 29.

FAUCI: Yeah, I know. I - you know, I don't want to go back and analyze a tweet. But to tell you now the data that we have right now - one of the things that has actually happened was a realization that we have such a high percentage of people who are asymptomatic and who we know can spread the infection. And that was one of the major driving forces of getting people to say, wait a minute, we have a different situation now. We have people who may not even know they're infected and are inadvertently infecting others. Those are the ones that we want to have masks on. And we know we can protect the others who are on the other side of that mask. It isn't 100% protection by any means. But certainly the amount that you get is worth wearing it.

I think everyone needs to be more transparent and less partisan. I mean if Fauci came out and had data and numbers I think people would be more likely look past the dozens of erroneous incidents from all of these people.
I get that you were confused on the mask guidance. What Fauci said was true. Masks aren’t going to prevent you from getting the virus. Originally guidance was to wear a mask when sick because masks do cut down the spread of the virus from the wearer of the mask if they are sick. It wasn’t until we realized the large percentage of people who were asymptomatic or presymptomatic with the virus that they changed the guidance to recommend for general use. Basically because you cannot count on lack of symptoms as confirmation of not having the virus.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT