ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

You think millions and millions will starve to death in the US based on the Coronavirus response?
I have been sounding the warning bells for years that the global economy was smoke and mirrors because we didn't let it collapse in 2009, and have been artificially propping it up since then. It was only a matter of time before something triggered a collapse that they couldn't print their way out of and this is it. I had a little bit of hope because the last 18 months seemed like we were returning to healthy market fundamentals even though the symptoms were still there, but might have been able to slowly unravel things. Yes, millions are going to die because we are going to enter into a deep, deep depression and its going to make the 1930s look like no big deal. Its probably too late because we have likely passed zero hour but if there's any hope left to salvage things we can't wait much longer. The FED is out of bullets and that's going to become apparent in about 8 months.

We already have an oil glut, which is going to completely tank the farming economy for the next couple of years for sure and farmers' balance sheets are predicated on inflated land values and un-marketed crops. Banks are leveraged against those balance sheets and a housing economy that was never allowed to reset, and we have an aging population with no reproductive rate to replace them so we are going to have a housing glut as well. That is going to tank the housing market and the only thing left for the FED to do is buy up defaulted loans to save the banks, which just get transferred to the treasury (i.e, the taxpayer will be on the hook). We are nearing a liquidity trap because the dollar has been the world reserve currency and we've treated it like a commodity but there won't be any demand for borrowing money very soon domestically. I have tried to avoid being a doomsdayer for a while but we are royally ****ed and nobody other than the ultra-wealthy are prepared for what's coming.

I'm sure everyone that gets it is contiguous for at least a limited time. I try to limit touching anything when I'm out. The credit card machine though. ;)
I had to pick up a prescription from Publix and they had disposable tissues to use for interaction with the keypad. But I had a mini hand sanitizer just in case.

And there are countless other things that could have killed John too. 60 years old probably should of quarantined more, but his choice.

And just like that, Republicans became pro-choice.

1587239534695.jpg

These rallies are only happening in democrat led areas. They are being all frothed up in Michigan while Indiana and Ohio are very similar and republicans there have very little issue with what's being done. It's a political tool.

They won't protest against their own party but if it's a Democrat doing it then super pacs set up these protests.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
It's trying play the irony of the left that you can do whatever to your body. So if you're allowing baby murder, why not allow someone to risk their own body with a virus …?
"In playing the irony of the left," the irony of the Right's public protests is ignoring the fact that when dealing with a highly contagious disease, "My Choice" doesn't just impact you---it also becomes a reality for your innocent family and friends.

These rallies are only happening in democrat led areas. They are being all frothed up in Michigan while Indiana and Ohio are very similar and republicans there have very little issue with what's being done. It's a political tool.
A tool paid for by Republicans with deep-pockets and an agenda.

They'll happily fund these moronic protests, but I would bet the house you'll never see them attending one.

"In playing the irony of the left," the irony of the Right's public protests is ignoring the fact that when dealing with a highly contagious disease, "My Choice" doesn't just impact you---it also becomes a reality for your innocent family and friends.

Drama queen again. Over 80% don't even need hospitalization and those numbers are way off because some people that got the Rona showed no symptoms. Don't go out if you're scared. Not that difficult.

The dumbshit who starts this thread to bitch hysterically about being people out of their homes starts his post by admitting he ventured out to a park.

Hilarious. Can't make this shit up.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The dumbshit who starts this thread to bitch hysterically about being people out of their homes starts his post by admitting he ventured out to a park.

Hilarious. Can't make this shit up.
The dumbshit who responded to this thread apparently doesn't know the difference between attending a public protest rally and taking a walk in the park while adhering to social distancing guidelines.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I just read that restaurants are opening on Monday in Georgia. Not just take out—whole thing.

Oh...more wealth destruction is coming. Trust me.
I've got the same vibe. Last week I pulled my money out of the market except for bonds and CDs. Long-term I can't afford to NOT be in the market, but I think the prudent thing is to sit this baby out until this virus -- and the initial economic aftermath -- plays itself out.

I've got the same vibe. Last week I pulled my money out of the market except for bonds and CDs. Long-term I can't afford to NOT be in the market, but I think the prudent thing is to sit this baby out until this virus -- and the initial economic aftermath -- plays itself out.
Don't be afraid to hedge yourself by betting against the market. 20-30% in an inverse eft. CDs, even at .25-.50 are safe. Muni bonds are going to be total trash but t-bills are safe. MMFs that can't be leveraged are better. Shorting the commodity market in general is less risky now than getting back into stocks.

Reactions: DaShuckster
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-17/coronavirus-antibodies-study-santa-clara-county

If this is true, and somewhat carries across the country. The Death rate is far lower than official #s. and the # of immune people is much higher than one would think. Corona started in California in Dec. They just didn't know it. There were articles on the early start of flu season and how it was hitting seniors hard. Here is 2 articles from Dec.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/health-and-medicine/article238254449.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/seniors-hit-hardest-this-flu-season/

Last edited:
Don't be afraid to hedge yourself by betting against the market. 20-30% in an inverse eft. CDs, even at .25-.50 are safe. Muni bonds are going to be total trash but t-bills are safe. MMFs that can't be leveraged are better. Shorting the commodity market in general is less risky now than getting back into stocks.
I bought SDOW at market close Friday. Made 7+% but sold yesterday. Based on premarket today should have held on one more day. But market has been so up and down just took the profit.

You'd THINK the divisiveness of our politics would melt away as we unite to work our way through a deadly pandemic.

But noooooooo, that wouldn't be the Trump Way. So if you wear a MAGA hat you're supposed to show your true colors by ignoring the virus guidelines now and get the economy rolling.

For the umpteen time, we ALL need to get the economy rolling again but we can't afford to make the mistake of trying to do it too early. I'm no virus scientist but it sure seems to be common sense to wait until the bell curve is well on it's way DOWN before doing it.

I bought SDOW at market close Friday. Made 7+% but sold yesterday. Based on premarket today should have held on one more day. But market has been so up and down just took the profit.
Lol, ill bet you were sweating over the weekend. Looked like a +700 open for a while.

You'd THINK the divisiveness of our politics would melt away as we unite to work our way through a deadly pandemic.

But noooooooo, that wouldn't be the Trump Way. So if you wear a MAGA hat you're supposed to show your true colors by ignoring the virus guidelines now and get the economy rolling.

For the umpteen time, we ALL need to get the economy rolling again but we can't afford to make the mistake of trying to do it too early. I'm no virus scientist but it sure seems to be common sense to wait until the bell curve is well on it's way DOWN before doing it.

It is going to be ironic if the South ends up being the reason college football is canceled.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Lol, ill bet you were sweating over the weekend. Looked like a +700 open for a while.
I wasn’t too much because I was hedging my existing exposure in a 401k to the general market. So basically I dropped in that account but made it up in the other account. SDOW is nice because you can hedge with only 1/3 of the funds of your general exposure to the markets.

Reactions: Crazyhole

Why on earth would you sell SDOW.

Outside of my 401k, like 80% of my investments are there. It went to $90 when the market hit 18.5k and there's no reason to believe we're headed anywhere else when the defaults start.

Why on earth would you sell SDOW.

Outside of my 401k, like 80% of my investments are there. It went to $90 when the market hit 18.5k and there's no reason to believe we're headed anywhere else when the defaults start.
You have to buy and sell to limit exposure since it tracks based on daily percentage and not price. Feb 21 it was at $35.80 and the DJIA was at 29k. It went to $90 when the DJIA dropped to 18k, but on the ascent, since it is an inverse fund it was dropping larger percentages because smaller DJIA gains were now larger percentages. It closed at $35.20 yesterday. If you had held since Feb 21 you would have lost money. What you can do is partial sells as the price increases to limit exposure to the downside, however that is too time consuming for non day traders. I prefer to just buy for a day after the market jumps big. Especially during these poor market conditions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT