ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

You have to buy and sell to limit exposure since it tracks based on daily percentage and not price. Feb 21 it was at $35.80 and the DJIA was at 29k. It went to $90 when the DJIA dropped to 18k, but on the ascent, since it is an inverse fund it was dropping larger percentages because smaller DJIA gains were now larger percentages. It closed at $35.20 yesterday. If you had held since Feb 21 you would have lost money. What you can do is partial sells as the price increases to limit exposure to the downside, however that is too time consuming for non day traders. I prefer to just buy for a day after the market jumps big. Especially during these poor market conditions.
You're overthinking it, there's risk on holding due to the structure of the ETF but the Dow was wildly overpriced at 24k. The economy is about to crater. Even if the virus disappeared tomorrow it takes time to hire and train and for consumers to rebuild demand. This thing will be at 100 in a matter of months.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You're overthinking it, there's risk on holding due to the structure of the ETF but the Dow was wildly overpriced at 24k. The economy is about to crater. Even if the virus disappeared tomorrow it takes time to hire and train and for consumers to rebuild demand. This thing will be at 100 in a matter of months.
If you bought on Feb 21 you would be out money unless you rebalanced consistently. Despite the Dow being dow 6k points since then. It’s not overthinking it. It’s that way it works. You don’t have to sell all but you can’t just let it ride. It’s easier to hold it for a day after upswings than to constantly rebalance.

If you bought on Feb 21 you would be out money unless you rebalanced consistently. Despite the Dow being dow 6k points since then. It’s not overthinking it. It’s that way it works. You don’t have to sell all but you can’t just let it ride. It’s easier to hold it for a day after upswings than to constantly rebalance.
We already had all the upswings we are going to get. Oil is dead. Jobs are dead. Defaults are coming. Companies will be failing. Consumer demand is not going to recover quickly and a second wave of virus is almost assuredly coming.

Dow 15k by fall. (Unless I'm wrong)

You'd THINK the divisiveness of our politics would melt away as we unite to work our way through a deadly pandemic.

But noooooooo, that wouldn't be the Trump Way. So if you wear a MAGA hat you're supposed to show your true colors by ignoring the virus guidelines now and get the economy rolling.

For the umpteen time, we ALL need to get the economy rolling again but we can't afford to make the mistake of trying to do it too early. I'm no virus scientist but it sure seems to be common sense to wait until the bell curve is well on it's way DOWN before doing it.

I wish that we could all unite behind somebody and fight this thing in a coordinated effort. Trump's just not the guy to do it. It would be like offering the head coaching job to GOL after Heupel left.

We already had all the upswings we are going to get. Oil is dead. Jobs are dead. Defaults are coming. Companies will be failing. Consumer demand is not going to recover quickly and a second wave of virus is almost assuredly coming.

Dow 15k by fall. (Unless I'm wrong)
You're wrong. We're going to have a bounce. After the first of the year the Dow will collapse and 7k isn't out of the realm of possibility within a year.

I just read that restaurants are opening on Monday in Georgia. Not just take out—whole thing.

G
You'd THINK the divisiveness of our politics would melt away as we unite to work our way through a deadly pandemic.

But noooooooo, that wouldn't be the Trump Way. So if you wear a MAGA hat you're supposed to show your true colors by ignoring the virus guidelines now and get the economy rolling.

For the umpteen time, we ALL need to get the economy rolling again but we can't afford to make the mistake of trying to do it too early. I'm no virus scientist but it sure seems to be common sense to wait until the bell curve is well on it's way DOWN before doing it.

Trump said would open in phases, and based of data. No one is talking about going back to Jan lifestyles any time soon. We are looking at the next Depression, not recession. The oil industry alone will lay off hundreds of thousands soon, big business is ready for huge furloughs, starting the next week or 2. Disney alone is going to drop 88,000 employees. Many of the people lossing jobs are not going back to work anytime in the near future. This is going to make 2009 look like a speed bump.

G

Trump said would open in phases, and based of data. No one is talking about going back to Jan lifestyles any time soon. We are looking at the next Depression, not recession. The oil industry alone will lay off hundreds of thousands soon, big business is ready for huge furloughs, starting the next week or 2. Disney alone is going to drop 88,000 employees. Many of the people lossing jobs are not going back to work anytime in the near future. This is going to make 2009 look like a speed bump.
It is going to hit every sector.

This is why I hated blowing 6T early to try and stop the crash. We're going to need that 6T on the other side of this to rebuild.

It would actually work out pretty well for me if all the Trump chuds out and about get Covid and the ones that don't die create a herd immunity that keeps me from getting it until there is a vaccine.

Trump should start doing rallies again.

lol remember when this guy was crying about people going to beaches, assuring us that *this* would be the thing that spiked a 2nd wave, and hoping that Trump supporters die of COVID for DeSantis reopening beaches?

lol remember when this guy was crying about people going to beaches, assuring us that *this* would be the thing that spiked a 2nd wave, and hoping that Trump supporters die of COVID for DeSantis reopening beaches?
Im guessing you havent heard that florida went from declining to flat to increasing in a month. Weird timing on this post.

The 7 day moving average of daily new cases in Florida is up 51% since May 1st and this post reads like I was wrong

Im guessing you havent heard that florida went from declining to flat to increasing in a month. Weird timing on this post.

The 7 day moving average of daily new cases in Florida is up 51% since May 1st and this post reads like I was wrong

So basically you think that people on beach = increase in cases. You seem to be very concerned about the health of others and COVID impact.

Care to estimate COVID impact with thousands of people on top of eachother in the streets? Mindful that you cited those beachgoers as a threat to society.

So basically you think that people on beach = increase in cases. You seem to be very concerned about the health of others and COVID impact.

Care to estimate COVID impact with thousands of people on top of eachother in the streets? Mindful that you cited those beachgoers as a threat to society.

If nothing else, at least this gives us an opportunity to see how effective social distancing really is. It should be pretty easy to do contact tracing under these circumstances.

*Dude gets shot by the cops*
Trumpers: Should have followed the rules!

*People get deported*
Trumpers: Should have followed the rules!

*Stay at home orders*
Trumpers: We're not following the rules!
Glad to see that you know the difference between an apple and an orange

Reactions: _glaciers

Yeah its horrific.

Noticed FL had the most number of new cases since mid April yesterday. Second most in a single day. Guess it’s time for phase 2.

Noticed FL had the most number of new cases since mid April yesterday. Second most in a single day. Guess it’s time for phase 2.

Phase 2 is unnecessary. It's kind of hilarious to be asking restaurants to stage people 6 feet apart and to still restrict access to loved ones who have died when you have thousands of people throughout FL, gathering on top of eachother without a shit to give about COVID or who they infect.

Forget Phase 2 and just go to Sweden on steroids. We're being dragged that way anyways, might as well rip the bandaid and get it over with.

Your loved one is in the hospital dying of COVID? Sorry, they'll just have to die alone. The risk is too great.

Your small business didn't make it? Life savings gone? That's too bad, the risk is too great.

Wanting to protest with 500 people deep and block traffic for hours? Come on down! We support you!

Phase 2 is unnecessary. It's kind of hilarious to be asking restaurants to stage people 6 feet apart and to still restrict access to loved ones who have died when you have thousands of people throughout FL, gathering on top of eachother without a shit to give about COVID or who they infect.

Forget Phase 2 and just go to Sweden on steroids. We're being dragged that way anyways, might as well rip the bandaid and get it over with.
Sweden has really bad numbers like, really really bad. They are healthier than us by magnitudes and have 50% more deaths per million even when you ignore thaf 30% of our deaths come from one metro area.

If we used Sweden's plan with our health we could expect 100k aditional deaths.

Sounds like we are going that way regardless. Not going to hide this virus out. Just delaying

Stay healthy and you might not know you have it.
Or you might be the last one to die before a vaccine is announced because you couldn't stand to hold off on your great clips haircut.

Sweden has really bad numbers like, really really bad. They are healthier than us by magnitudes and have 50% more deaths per million even when you ignore thaf 30% of our deaths come from one metro area.

If we used Sweden's plan with our health we could expect 100k aditional deaths.

It’s irrelevant. We are the next Sweden given that hundreds of thousands of people just piled into the streets on top of each other and will now go spread COVID to everyone they know, few of which are probably social distancing to begin with.

Mass spread from these protests + reopening and we will soon wish we were only as bad as Sweden.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It’s irrelevant. We are the next Sweden given that hundreds of thousands of people just piled into the streets on top of each other and will now go spread COVID to everyone they know, few of which are probably social distancing to begin with.

Mass spread from these protests + reopening and we will soon wish we were only as bad as Sweden.

Covid is old news, it is on to peaceful business burning, and car smashing, and innocent beating up. oh and the killer hornets.. that are running or flying at will killing innocent mice.

Last 3 days have been the 3 highest number of new cases in Florida. Probably nothing.

Social distancing was so May 20th
What you say is true. People aren’t social distancing. People said the restrictions are useless. People are reverting to old habits. Cases will more than likely ramp up again. Let’s hope it doesn’t get to the point where we have restrictions that come and go over a longer period.

be1.jpg

lol remember when @fried-chicken posted a Tweet asserting that a few dozen reopen protestors were the Death Cult?

Literally called them The Death Cult

What are the thousands and thousands of people in the streets now then?

4 days straight of FL over 1,000 new cases. Protests continue in the streets with the “public health experts” cheering them on and nurses showing up at the rallies.

4 days straight of FL over 1,000 new cases. Protests continue in the streets with the “public health experts” cheering them on and nurses showing up at the rallies.
It’s unlikely that the spike in cases is attributable to the protests at this point. More than likely it is the resumption of indoor gatherings of long durations. but I would expect the numbers to continue to climb.

It’s unlikely that the spike in cases is attributable to the protests at this point. More than likely it is the resumption of indoor gatherings of long durations. but I would expect the numbers to continue to climb.
More testing = more confirmed cases.

I was always for people being able to go to work, stores with social distancing and the beach with social distancing.

If we have to go backwards because of what you mentioned that would suck. I could live with no protests, gyms, bars, restaurants, movies, etc

Selfishly, I want college football and this potentially could hinder that

These have been ongoing for 8 days now, the mean incubation period is 5 days.

PS- our health experts have spoken. Protest police = awesome and carry on. Protest your business closing = you’re a white nationalist.

We must listen to what the science tells us. Trust these people*

These have been ongoing for 8 days now, the mean incubation period is 5 days.

PS- our health experts have spoken. Protest police = awesome and carry on. Protest your business closing = you’re a white nationalist.

We must listen to what the science tells us. Trust these people*

I do believe the science supports that outdoor transmission of the virus via aerosol is rare. Which is why beaches are open and theme parks are reopening. There wasn’t a corresponding jump in cases during the reopening protests either. I’d think the spike in cases is more to a reversion to old habits with things like eating out in restaurants where people are indoors in close proximity to others without a mask for a long duration. You could be right that outdoor protests increase the transmission, but I believe that is a small risk comparatively to other indoor activities.

How many people are going into Universal daily right now?
I believe they are at 35% capacity so somewhere north of 10k is the capacity. I can’t tell you how many are actually attending, just what they are allowing as a max capacity.

edit: capacities for the 2 parks combined is 56k so they are limiting to around 20k between the 2 parks as part of this reopening.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT