ADVERTISEMENT

Trump announces tariffs on Mexico over immigration

Why are you not ok with people seeking asylum in Mexico? Is that some weird form of racism where you think they arent as good as america? Go to bed child, the adults are talking.

I'm glad you know whats best for these people.

Mexico isn't as good as america, everyone knows this. America is the greatest country on earth.

Easy solution. Bring them in legally. Explain why that is a bad thing, unless of course you can't. Nevermind. I answered my own question.
Yeah I'm sure raising immigration quotas is coming right up on Trump's to-do list.

Re-read Ninjas post and respond in earnest. You know there will be no legal path opened for these people, so how, as a Christian, do you justify shutting the door on these people. You know they types of lives they will lead and you know that we belong to a country that is blessed with the ability to improve those lives but chooses to take no action. But hey, big win guys! We kept all those kids in the slums where they belong and we used the might of a nation to make their search for a dignified life more difficult.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Yeah I'm sure raising immigration quotas is coming right up on Trump's to-do list.

Re-read Ninjas post and respond in earnest. You know there will be no legal path opened for these people, so how, as a Christian, do you justify shutting the door on these people. You know they types of lives they will lead and you know that we belong to a country that is blessed with the ability to improve those lives but chooses to take no action. But hey, big win guys! We kept all those kids in the slums where they belong and we used the might of a nation to make their search for a dignified life more difficult.

lol I love the continued lie and bullshit notion that enforcing an actual border is somehow "un Christian". Especially when coming from those "Christians" who consider the unborn to be worthless meat suits ripe for early disposal.

There are and will remain LEGAL ways for these people to come here if they really want. What this deal does is make it harder for them to do what they've been doing, deliberately, in paying organizers and human smugglers to amass huge groups of them to purposely show up at the same time and overwhelm our underfunded border patrol to gain illegal entry into the country.

What this does is better assure that if these people want to purposely amass these huge groups, Mexico can now keep them at their southern border and start separating the people who need actual help from the many bullshitters who are just economic migrants posing as "refugees".

This is a great victory and the President will take a victory lap. Deal with it. TDS somewhere else.

Just wow. The TDS are now playing the “Christian” and “feeling sorry for them” card to fit their narrative.

That’s just not going to cut it for those who know better.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFWayne
Liberals: Trump is a big meanie and needs to respect Mexico, and stop calling it and others a violent shithole country.

Also liberals: Mexico is a violent shithole country and Trump is a big meanie for expecting people to stay there for any duration of time!

Nah, sk8 and 85 are right. I totally can see Jesus telling these families that current international law dictates that those seeking asylum must stop at the first country along the way. Definitely in the Bible somewhere.

Nah, sk8 and 85 are right. I totally can see Jesus telling these families that current international law dictates that those seeking asylum must stop at the first country along the way. Definitely in the Bible somewhere.
Exhibit A. Perfect example

The biggest hate filled poster on this forum is now quoting Jesus and the Bible.

“Somewhere”. Maybe you should actually read it and stop being a hypocrite by just using it to change your argument now

lol I love the continued lie and bullshit notion that enforcing an actual border is somehow "un Christian". Especially when coming from those "Christians" who consider the unborn to be worthless meat suits ripe for early disposal.

There are and will remain LEGAL ways for these people to come here if they really want. What this deal does is make it harder for them to do what they've been doing, deliberately, in paying organizers and human smugglers to amass huge groups of them to purposely show up at the same time and overwhelm our underfunded border patrol to gain illegal entry into the country.

What this does is better assure that if these people want to purposely amass these huge groups, Mexico can now keep them at their southern border and start separating the people who need actual help from the many bullshitters who are just economic migrants posing as "refugees".

This is a great victory and the President will take a victory lap. Deal with it. TDS somewhere else.
I couldn’t stop myself from hitting the “show ignored content” button. I love that Ninja is trying to use WWJD and especially with me. I’m agnostic and have stated that many times. But you know that he’s grasping at straws when that’s the only thing he’s got left. Oh and calling people stupid or mentally ill.

Liberals: Trump is a big meanie and needs to respect Mexico, and stop calling it and others a violent shithole country.

Also liberals: Mexico is a violent shithole country and Trump is a big meanie for expecting people to stay there for any duration of time!
They get so invested in their emotional appeals that they lose all self-awareness.

I couldn’t stop myself from hitting the “show ignored content” button. I love that Ninja is trying to use WWJD and especially with me. I’m agnostic and have stated that many times. But you know that he’s grasping at straws when that’s the only thing he’s got left. Oh and calling people stupid or mentally ill.

The individual referenced has spent most of that individual's time on this board professing a deep hatred and contempt for Christians. So yes if that's the case there is significant irony at play here.

Ok, cool, you have an excuse for being a racist piece of shit. I was just confused by your love of Israeli's murdering doctors. I guess you just enjoy holding utterly ignorant view points.

85 doesn't, my point still stands.

The individual referenced has spent most of that individual's time on this board professing a deep hatred and contempt for Christians.

#1 This is an utter and absolute lie from you, as usual. Never once have I professed a hatred for people. I've said numerous times hating people over a message board is asinine. I have said you are a lying sack of shit, and this is demonstrably true.

#2 How does it feel to have an atheist act more Christ-like than you? A logical person would change their actions to align more with what they claim to view. But since you aren't a logical person you'll just lie, whine and bitch and continue to be an all around terrible person.

Do a victory lap for keeping children and parents who want to work in violent areas when we have companies begging for labor here. We could grow our economy and provide safety and security for young children if republicans could just get over their irrational fear of brown people.

Do a victory lap for keeping children and parents who want to work in violent areas when we have companies begging for labor here. We could grow our economy and provide safety and security for young children if republicans could just get over their irrational fear of brown people.

bUt tHeY aReNt foLLoWiNg tHe LAw

Literally the only argument these racists have.

Hey look, the WWJD angle failed, fall back to calling everyone racists. Classic.

Do you have a legit reason as to why you don't want these people here? I've asked a dozen times, crickets in response.

Also, you do realize why people call you a moron is because you actually are one, right? I explained already how the WWJD angle is absolutely valid for 85. Are you intentionally lying or actually this stupid?

You should probably go back to "ignoring" me again, so at least you can pretend to remain ignorant as to how badly you're being embarrassed.

Following the liberal playbook.

I want to be more progressive so I’m taking all the doors off of my house and letting in anyone less fortunate, should go fine

Are you trying to take over Wayne's job of providing absolutely idiotic analogies?

Because you are doing a great job at it.

Following the liberal playbook.

I want to be more progressive so I’m taking all the doors off of my house and letting in anyone less fortunate, should go fine

It's more like if a company has jobs that aren't filled and there are homeless people outside who can work and will work hard but the employees don't want to be around homeless people because they are afraid of them.

Do you have a legit reason as to why you don't want these people here? I've asked a dozen times, crickets in response.

Also, you do realize why people call you a moron is because you actually are one, right? I explained already how the WWJD angle is absolutely valid for 85. Are you intentionally lying or actually this stupid?

You should probably go back to "ignoring" me again, so at least you can pretend to remain ignorant as to how badly you're being embarrassed.
No, you tell us why you think we should accept every single person coming into America. You’re the one that wants this policy, you justify it.

It's more like if a company has jobs that aren't filled and there are homeless people outside who can work and will work hard but the employees don't want to be around homeless people because they are afraid of them.
It’s not like that at all. You erect these straw men of any contradictory positions so that you can label them racist and therefore don’t have to bother considering any viewpoint other than yours.

And the company would still perform a reference check, drug test, and any other procedures so they know who they are hiring correct? I’m all for immigration, but we need to know who is coming into the country.

No, you tell us why you think we should accept every single person coming into America. You’re the one that wants this policy, you justify it.

Because we are compassionate human beings and we can not only afford this, but will in the long term absolutely be better for it. It's literally what America was built and grew upon.

Again, would love any excuse as to why we shouldn't allow them in. Right now we are relying solely on "they are brown" by you guys.

It’s actually a perfect analogy, just blows up your idiotic open borders narrative.

Ok dear. Run along now the adults are talking.

If your sports argument includes Skip Bayless being on the other side, you know you’re right. Same goes for politics and ninja. A solid rebuttal from you of “run along.” You have completely changed my mind with your facts.

And the company would still perform a reference check, drug test, and any other procedures so they know who they are hiring correct? I’m all for immigration, but we need to know who is coming into the country.
Not only that, the company would only hire them if they thought they could produce value for the company. The company is not a welfare agency, they provide jobs so that they get value that creates revenue. They pay for the value that is created. Just because it’s a jobless person doesn’t mean that they can perform the particular open jobs.

Let's try an experiment with this topic. Start high-level and keep drilling down and pretend you're talking to the person face to face and making eye contact.

Like most things I don't even know if people are arguing the same points. I think everyone agrees that we're the leading superpower and have more economic opportunity than anywhere else in the world. I think everyone agrees with letting others in. Obviously the devil is in the details so where does the split actually start?

Do all parties agree that there has to be order and there has to be a process? Or is anyone in here in favor of open borders?

Let's try an experiment with this topic. Start high-level and keep drilling down and pretend you're talking to the person face to face and making eye contact.

Like most things I don't even know if people are arguing the same points. I think everyone agrees that we're the leading superpower and have more economic opportunity than anywhere else in the world. I think everyone agrees with letting others in. Obviously the devil is in the details so where does the split actually start?

Do all parties agree that there has to be order and there has to be a process? Or is anyone in here in favor of open borders?

Sounds like I’m on the same page as you Chris. I’m all for legal immigration, but there needs to be a process to know who is coming in.

If your sports argument includes Skip Bayless being on the other side, you know you’re right. Same goes for politics and ninja. A solid rebuttal from you of “run along.” You have completely changed my mind with your facts.

No offense bro, honestly, but I don't think you are smart enough to understand why your analogy is nothing more than a thinly veiled coping mechanism you use to justify keeping families out of your sight. Nothing about it makes sense, but it helps you feel good about your position, so thats why you cling to it.

I think everyone agrees with letting others in.

There has been no push for letting anyone except for scientists engineers and doctors by the current administration. I'm not so sure everyones wants legal immigration. No one is begging for it on the Republican side and the only time they say they are for it is to justify shutting down illegal immigration.

For instance, the refugee process is a legal process that is outlined in the Geneva Convention. People here don't even see that as legal immigration.

Herein lies the problem: one side does not want to or is incapable of discussing it. People on the right have advocated for legal immigration and against illegal immigration since the mid 80s, while people on the left have made no cogent proposals on what they think is appropriate. This issue, above even the abortion debate, demonstrates a lack of objective rationale from the left that honestly is impossible to negotiate with. The left makes the case that there are jobs that need to be filled, which is legitimate, but completely fails in proposing a way to make that happen within any structure of law. If they were asking for double, triple, even 10 times the number of people being allowed into the country legally then we could at least start a discussion about it and they would find that the right is probably more liberal on those numbers than the left is. Instead, they always try to use the race card, or the compassionate Christian card in an attempt to make people back down out of fear of being labeled a hypocrite. Sorry folks, you guys wore that tactic out a long time ago and nobody gives a flip about your accusations anymore.

It’s not like that at all. You erect these straw men of any contradictory positions so that you can label them racist and therefore don’t have to bother considering any viewpoint other than yours.
Explain how us refusing to take in families that want to work and kids that need a better life when we have jobs waiting, unfilled, is any different than my example.

We could grow GDP and save a kids life and all you have to do is get over the fear that's been installed in your mind by the constant stream of MS-13 horror stories drilled into you by Trump.

There has been no push for letting anyone except for scientists engineers and doctors by the current administration. I'm not so sure everyones wants legal immigration. No one is begging for it on the Republican side and the only time they say they are for it is to justify shutting down illegal immigration.

For instance, the refugee process is a legal process that is outlined in the Geneva Convention. People here don't even see that as legal immigration.
Because most of the people asking for asylum dont meet the requirements laid out in the Geneva convention or the followup to it. Its a bullshit strawman argument and you guys know it but are still trying to lie about it. Sorry, doesnt work anymore.

Because most of the people asking for asylum dont meet the requirements laid out in the Geneva convention or the followup to it. Its a bullshit strawman argument and you guys know it but are still trying to lie about it. Sorry, doesnt work anymore.
Trump tells me Central America is deadly and full of gangs and you now tell me it's not. I don't know who to believe!

We could grow GDP and save a kids life and all you have to do is get over the fear that's been installed in your mind by the constant stream of MS-13 horror stories drilled into you by Trump.

Trump tells me Central America is deadly and full of gangs and you now tell me it's not. I don't know who to believe!
Fear of gangs is not a legally recognized plea for asylum. But please, just give me a number on how many people should be allowed into the US every year as legal immigrants. I'll wait.

No offense bro, honestly, but I don't think you are smart enough to understand why your analogy is nothing more than a thinly veiled coping mechanism you use to justify keeping families out of your sight. Nothing about it makes sense, but it helps you feel good about your position, so thats why you cling to it.

If I’m not smart enough, please educate me. My entire thought on immigration is that I’m all for it but they need to be checked before they come in, not just walk across the border. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

ADVERTISEMENT