ADVERTISEMENT

Trump announces tariffs on Mexico over immigration

But there wasn't a problem.

Seriously, because of Trump Mexico has seized the assets of human traffickers. You know, the people who sell little girls into sex slavery. There is no way to look at this other than it being a good thing.
well you could say trump is a liar, or mexico isnt actually doing anything to help and is playing trump, or that not of this is really a problem at all. you know typical tds stuff.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
well you could say trump is a liar, or mexico isnt actually doing anything to help and is playing trump, or that not of this is really a problem at all. you know typical tds stuff.
That really is the only way to take this. Trump is stemming the tide of human trafficking and slowing down the flow of illegal opioid drugs coming into our country, which we all agree is a problem. Those 2 things alone should supercede any kind of perceived racist motivations behind this.

I don't know what the heck that whole thing was about but I do know this:

Trump threatened sanctions

Mexican authorities come to washington

Mexico then arrests 3 people who have been organizing caravans to the US border

Mexico starts detaining and processing migrants at their southern border

Those are the facts that I care about.
Yep. That about sums it up

Imagine being so stupid that you think a wall will slow down drug trafficking :joy:

Even funnier I'd thinking Trump is doing this to help people. Hoooooooly shit the cognitive dissonance is incredible.

Red hat logic: we gotta keep everybody in their gang infested countries to save that half a percent that might be human trafficking.

Also red hat logic: putting kids in cages is fine, as long as they are brown.

Red hat logic: we gotta keep everybody in their gang infested countries to save that half a percent that might be human trafficking.
Hahahahaha. [roll]

You have to be the dumbest motherfukcer on Earth!

1/2 percent of Mexico’s population is in excess of 650,000 people!!

What a moron! :joy:

That really is the only way to take this. Trump is stemming the tide of human trafficking and slowing down the flow of illegal opioid drugs coming into our country, which we all agree is a problem. Those 2 things alone should supercede any kind of perceived racist motivations behind this.

Remember, to liberals, Trump is a racist and a meanie when he calls countries like Mexico violent shitholes.

Liberals also think that Mexico is such a violent shithole that it's racist and mean to seek asylum there.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Imagine being so stupid that you think a wall will slow down drug trafficking :joy:

Even funnier I'd thinking Trump is doing this to help people. Hoooooooly shit the cognitive dissonance is incredible.

Also red hat logic: putting kids in cages is fine, as long as they are brown.
Imagine being so stupid that you would bring up the wall in a thread that has nothing to do with that just so you can complain about brown people stopping other brown people from breaking the law.

Imagine being so stupid that you would bring up the wall in a thread that has nothing to do with that just so you can complain about brown people stopping other brown people from breaking the law.

Walls, trade wars, sorry it's hard to keep up. Whatever works to keep the brown people out! Glad you have come out of the closet as a red hat.

Ninja logic: drugs and human sex slaves are a problem in other countries so why would we try to do anything to keep that from happening here?

Hoooooooly shit you are at Wayne levels of inbred analogies. Are you sure your parents aren't siblings?

Hoooooooly shit you are at Wayne levels of inbred analogies. Are you sure your parents aren't siblings?
You have gone from antagonist to being seriously off the rails. You have yet to make any kind of case for why Mexico should continue being a lawless state where little girls are sold into sex slavery and why we shouldn't try to stop that. Take a break dude, this is starting to become pretty concerning.

You have gone from antagonist to being seriously off the rails. You have yet to make any kind of case for why Mexico should continue being a lawless state where little girls are sold into sex slavery and why we shouldn't try to stop that. Take a break dude, this is starting to become pretty concerning.
He’s gone full loco

lmao. Nah man I'm happy you finally found a "reason" why you don't want brown people here. It's obvious you really care about these people, taking a page out of that good catholic book from 85. Nothing says WWJD like "send everyone back home to live on the streets to make sure that half a percent of people aren't human trafficked".

At least you won't have to deflect from my question half a dozen times like you did in the past whenever I asked you about this.

He’s gone full loco
Its a weird kind of racism or something. Brown people can do terrible things and if white people do something to stop it then its just a racist move.

You cant stop human trafficking so lets embrace it.

You cant stop the flow of illegal drugs and if you try then you're racist.

This is exactly what the democrat party has engrained in the minds of their voter base and its pretty scary. They have taken their base from sycophant all the way to brain-dead.

lmao. Nah man I'm happy you finally found a "reason" why you don't want brown people here. It's obvious you really care about these people, taking a page out of that good catholic book from 85. Nothing says WWJD like "send everyone back home to live on the streets to make sure that half a percent of people aren't human trafficked".

At least you won't have to deflect from my question half a dozen times like you did in the past whenever I asked you about this.
Holy crap dude. You are LITERALLY taking a position in favor of letting 8 year old girls be sold into sex slavery and then questioning my morality? You are LITERALLY saying that any way to stop the illegal import of drugs isnt worth it because racism.

Mexico's economy is roughly the same size as Australia and Spain and far larger than Holland and Switzerland. They share a border with the largest economy in the world and have the most advantageous geographic trading spot possible.

Maybe it's simply time that the US insist that Mexico start getting it's shit together, stop excusing their inability to function as a worthwhile State, and use their considerable wealth to improve their nation and pull their own weight when it comes to people crossing into their country?

Holy crap dude. You are LITERALLY taking a position in favor of letting 8 year old girls be sold into sex slavery and then questioning my morality? You are LITERALLY saying that any way to stop the illegal import of drugs isnt worth it because racism.

Nope, guess I gotta spoon feed you again.

I'm saying the net gain goodness of helping thousands of families and children get out of poverty and into a safe environment is better than "maybe stopping a couple drugs, which should be legal anyway".

But this board is filled with idiot "libertarians" voting for walls and a moronic endless drug war. The irony is hilarious.

Mexico's economy is roughly the same size as Australia and Spain and far larger than Holland and Switzerland. They share a border with the largest economy in the world and have the most advantageous geographic trading spot possible.

Maybe it's simply time that the US insist that Mexico start getting it's shit together, stop excusing their inability to function as a worthwhile State, and use their considerable wealth to improve their nation and pull their own weight when it comes to people crossing into their country?

The only difference between the US and Mexico that really matters is that while the US has done a decent job of maintaining the rule of law, Mexico has not. Whereas we have a history of prosecuting criminals, Mexico has a history of being bribed or scared by them. How anyone can claim that the US is the greatest country in the world while still defending the actions of a country that are 180 degrees away from that is completely ignorant.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Nope, guess I gotta spoon feed you again.

I'm saying the net gain goodness of helping thousands of families and children get out of poverty and into a safe environment is better than "maybe stopping a couple drugs, which should be legal anyway".

But this board is filled with idiot "libertarians" voting for walls and a moronic endless drug war. The irony is hilarious.
Oh. So what you are saying is that Mexico doing something to clean up their country isnt worth it. Again, same position and still completely stupid. What the hell do libertarians in the US have to do with Mexico arresting criminals? You seriously are as stupid as you claim others to be.

Oh. So what you are saying is that Mexico doing something to clean up their country isnt worth it. Again, same position and still completely stupid. What the hell do libertarians in the US have to do with Mexico arresting criminals? You seriously are as stupid as you claim others to be.

lmao I love the personal attacks, you truly are turning into another wayne or 85. Next you are going to whine that all I do is attack you and then ignore me.

Such a good, typical christian. Well done, jesus would be proud of you keeping these people out of 'Murica.

lmao I love the personal attacks, you truly are turning into another wayne or 85. Next you are going to whine that all I do is attack you and then ignore me.

Such a good, typical christian. Well done, jesus would be proud of you keeping these people out of 'Murica.
After over a year of being here, its becoming clear to me that you bring nothing of value to any discussion. I won't ignore you, but i will have no problem calling out your hypocrisy, strawman arguments, personal attacks, and false premise talking points any more. You seriously crossed a line here and I'm done with it. What you advocate for goes against every moral and ethical standard that any person of character cares about.

After over a year of being here, its becoming clear to me that you bring nothing of value to any discussion. I won't ignore you, but i will have no problem calling out your hypocrisy, strawman arguments, personal attacks, and false premise talking points any more. You seriously crossed a line here and I'm done with it. What you advocate for goes against every moral and ethical standard that any person of character cares about.

I love how "I crossed a line" by pointing out how much of a goddamn hypocrite you and every other so called Christian is how supports this shit going on. You really are no better than that shitstain of a human being 85. Please tell me more about how I crossed the line by wanting these people to have a better life. I'll wait.

I love how "I crossed a line" by pointing out how much of a goddamn hypocrite you and every other so called Christian is how supports this shit going on. You really are no better than that shitstain of a human being 85. Please tell me more about how I crossed the line by wanting these people to have a better life. I'll wait.
By being mad that the Mexican govt is doing something to stop little girls being sold into sex slavery and calling it racism. That is seriously ****ed up.

When a person cant even ackmowledge the fact that innocent lives are being protected because someone they don't like had a role to play in it, its clear that person is deranged. You may try to live in a black and white world where there are good guys who do only good and there are bad guys who do only bad, but the truth of the matter is that its all just grey.

By being mad that the Mexican govt is doing something to stop little girls being sold into sex slavery and calling it racism. That is seriously ****ed up.

I've already explained why this line of reasoning is wrong. Do you need me to repeat it, or are you purposefully trying to appear stupid as some sort of weird debate tactic?

When a person cant even ackmowledge the fact that innocent lives are being protected because someone they don't like had a role to play in it, its clear that person is deranged. You may try to live in a black and white world where there are good guys who do only good and there are bad guys who do only bad, but the truth of the matter is that its all just grey.

I have ackmoledged that innocent lives are being protected. Maybe half a percent of these people are thought to be human trafficked. What you fail to ackmoledge is that the other 95.5% of these people are going to have to live in abject poverty violence, and many will probably die because of it. Do you need me to do this elementary level math for you as to what is the greater good?

I guess I have to repeat myself again, I know WWJD isn't really a thing anymore like it was in the 90's, probably because of situations like this where it's awkward for you. But WWJD?

i just had to view ninjas comments after seeing your posts replying to nobody. wow talk about insane. guy has serious problems. you should consider ignoring him. he literally brings nothing of value to this forum.

seriously ninja, get off the internet for awhile. go seek some help from actual mental health professionals.

i just had to view ninjas comments after seeing your posts replying to nobody. wow talk about insane. guy has serious problems. you should consider ignoring him. he literally brings nothing of value to this forum.

seriously ninja, get off the internet for awhile. go seek some help from actual mental health professionals.

:joy::joy::joy:

Still butthurt from getting straight up embarrassed on the 1st amendment, I see.

Nothing but personal attacks from you, all while whining about me.

Im saying the net gain goodness of helping thousands of families and children get out of poverty and into a safe environment is better than "maybe stopping a couple drugs, which should be legal anyway".

I think you know me well enough to know I sure as hell don't hate brown people. So here's my take. In principle I agree with your first paragraph. I'm one who actually does believe we as a leader have a moral obligation to help others by allowing them in, even if it is at a cost to us. Am I prepared to say at exactly what cost and what the details look like? Of course not. But I do have considerable compassion for those seeking to experience the privileges that I did nothing to earn other than hit the birthplace lottery.

I also have a ton of freaking issues with the drug war and even understand the cartel is already operating from WITHIN the United States.

I also believe in border security and keeping tabs of who comes in and out. I don't care whether it's brown people through Mexico or white Russian or yellow Chinese drug rings in the Pac NW. And I believe Mexico needs to do a better job.

Do I believe there is AN element of "keep them darn Mexicans out of our country"? Of course. But I also believe it's a minority of the people who are for tighter borders. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just not comfortable lumping all who want to fix immigration as being racist.

I think you know me well enough to know I sure as hell don't hate brown people. So here's my take. In principle I agree with your first paragraph. I'm one who actually does believe we as a leader have a moral obligation to help others by allowing them in, even if it is at a cost to us. Am I prepared to say at exactly what cost and what the details look like? Of course not. But I do have considerable compassion for those seeking to experience the privileges that I did nothing to earn other than hit the birthplace lottery.

I also have a ton of freaking issues with the drug war and even understand the cartel is already operating from WITHIN the United States.

I also believe in border security and keeping tabs of who comes in and out. I don't care whether it's brown people through Mexico or white Russian or yellow Chinese drug rings in the Pac NW. And I believe Mexico needs to do a better job.

Do I believe there is AN element of "keep them darn Mexicans out of our country"? Of course. But I also believe it's a minority of the people who are for tighter borders. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm just not comfortable lumping all who want to fix immigration as being racist.

I agree with most of this, I just forget how stupid most people are.

I don't give a damn about illegal immigration. Why should I? How does it affect my life? The actual problems we are facing as a country are so much more massive. As idiotic as Biden's "hur dur I'll cure cancer" speech or AOC's "the world's ending in 12 years", at least these are actual problems we are facing.

Cancer and Heart disease are the #1 and #2 killers of people in the US. Fixing this would actually help us. We don't know how bad climate change will be, it could be nothing or it could end life as we know it, I'm personally not willing to take that risk.

This administration and it's idiot supporters on here are just driving me crazy with their faux outrage. I mean they made an ordeal about Colin Kaepernick kneeling. Can you imagine how stupid someone has to be to give one iota of outrage to something that stupid? Now these same morons are moving on to "muh illegal immigration".

db328_fig4.png

I might be missing it, but I'm not seeing a line for "Colin Kaepernick kneeling" or "brown people living here" on this chart.

Trump just invoked executive privilege to keep information private regarding the census question. But I'm sure it's because he's totally not racist like you morons on here keep saying.

There is so much more to it than hitting the "birthplace lottery." While you specifically do not feel like you earned the benefits that come with being an American citizen, someone in your family did earn those and passed to you the responsibility to keep it going (at the very least, hopefully to build on the previous generations). As you should be working to ensure a foundation for your children that they can build from for their children and that America can benefit from to be the "shining city on the hill". To equate this with pure random luck is dismissing everything that was done before while also shirking a responsibility that you have to people who intentionally sacrificed for you, the American citizen yet to come. Not some random person from another country. You specifically. It is not by luck that you came to be here, nor by happenstance that you are a college-educated producer in our American society. This all happened by a series of conscious, intentional, and in many cases very costly choices guided by a value system that we all share, even if we differ in some small ways.

When we talk immigration, the calls are not to stop letting people into this country. The call is to let people in who will assume the responsibility to add to the common benefits for America. That may be people who come ready with a certain set of skills that will immediately benefit the country. It may be people who have little skills but a font of determination and a desire to build on the foundation that brought America the benefits that it has now. The responsibility that we all have to the American dream and the American way is to ensure that we bring people in when and in a manner in which both they and everyone else can be successful and, by all responsible means, keep people out who are intent on taking the American dream from others. That is immigration reform.

There is so much more to it than hitting the "birthplace lottery." While you specifically do not feel like you earned the benefits that come with being an American citizen, someone in your family did earn those and passed to you the responsibility to keep it going (at the very least, hopefully to build on the previous generations). As you should be working to ensure a foundation for your children that they can build from for their children and that America can benefit from to be the "shining city on the hill". To equate this with pure random luck is dismissing everything that was done before while also shirking a responsibility that you have to people who intentionally sacrificed for you, the American citizen yet to come. Not some random person from another country. You specifically. It is not by luck that you came to be here, nor by happenstance that you are a college-educated producer in our American society. This all happened by a series of conscious, intentional, and in many cases very costly choices guided by a value system that we all share, even if we differ in some small ways.

When we talk immigration, the calls are not to stop letting people into this country. The call is to let people in who will assume the responsibility to add to the common benefits for America. That may be people who come ready with a certain set of skills that will immediately benefit the country. It may be people who have little skills but a font of determination and a desire to build on the foundation that brought America the benefits that it has now. The responsibility that we all have to the American dream and the American way is to ensure that we bring people in when and in a manner in which both they and everyone else can be successful and, by all responsible means, keep people out who are intent on taking the American dream from others. That is immigration reform.

The last merit based immigration reform proposal was basically formed around the basis of what Canada and Australia already use.

You are certainly right that America didn't happen by accident, but your view also seems to dismiss the reality that it happened by the efforts of a lot of different people from a lot of different cultures. Many of them were first generation immigrants, or in your words "some random person from another country". Obviously times change and sometimes policies need to change, I get that. But if your view of how America was created and shaped throughout the years doesn't include first generation immigrants who came here to make a better life for themselves and their families, then your view of America's history isn't accurate. Immigration is the American dream, it isn't anti American.

You are certainly right that America didn't happen by accident, but your view also seems to dismiss the reality that it happened by the efforts of a lot of different people from a lot of different cultures. Many of them were first generation immigrants, or in your words "some random person from another country". Obviously times change and sometimes policies need to change, I get that. But if your view of how America was created and shaped throughout the years doesn't include first generation immigrants, then your view of America's history isn't accurate.

Yea, and those first generation immigrants all came here legally, landed at legal ports of entry, and sought legal status as a resident to work and live here.

There's a reason that Ellis Island is a monument and museum now that people flock to, and not some random stretch of land in Canada or Mexico where everyone snuck across under the dead of night having paid human smugglers.

Yea, and those first generation immigrants all came here legally, landed at legal ports of entry, and sought legal status as a resident to work and live here.

There's a reason that Ellis Island is a monument and museum now that people flock to, and not some random stretch of land in Canada or Mexico where everyone snuck across under the dead of night having paid human smugglers.

Many immigrants today come legally (they just overstay). Regardless, that wasn't really my point. I get that things change. I was just arguing his point that that immigrants from around the world are just random people and immigration is somehow not American or whatever. Immigration is precisely what made this country and immigration is very much part of American history and culture. Without "random people" migrating here, America quite simply wouldn't have existed, at least not remotely at the same level that it has.

The process was also much easier and different back then. So to say they came here legally is true, but also not legally by todays standards. Most would be processed and allowed in within a couple of hours and no passports or visas were required. And, lots of people today are trying to come through legal ports of entry and being denied. So it isn't simply just about the legality of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinjaKnight
Many immigrants today come legally (they just overstay). Regardless, that wasn't really my point. I get that things change. I was just arguing his point that that immigrants from around the world are just random people and immigration is somehow not American. Immigration is precisely what made this country and immigration is very much part of American history and culture. Without "random people" migrating here, America quite simply wouldn't have existed, at least not remotely at the same level that it has.

The process was also much easier back then. So to say they came here legally is true, but also not legally by todays standards. Most would be processed and allowed in within a couple of hours and no passports or visas were required. And, lots of people today are trying to come through legal ports of entry and being denied.

Yes, it was so much easier then.

For an immigrant in 1905, getting on a boat with hundreds and hundreds of other people jam packed onto ships with no real belongings allowed, being treated like livestock along the journey, to make a dangerous and brutal journey across the Atlantic in which many people died at sea, only to then arrive at Ellis Island with rampant disease and malnutrition while you're held in cold, shitty rooms to wait for processing was certainly soooo much easier than people in 2019 visiting an Embassy today and obtaining the paperwork needed to legally migrate to the US by commercial aircraft.

[roll]

Many immigrants today come legally (they just overstay). Regardless, that wasn't really my point. I get that things change. I was just arguing his point that that immigrants from around the world are just random people and immigration is somehow not American. Immigration is precisely what made this country and immigration is very much part of American history and culture. Without "random people" migrating here, America quite simply wouldn't have existed, at least not remotely at the same level that it has.

The process was also much easier back then. So to say they came here legally is true, but also not legally by todays standards. Most would be processed and allowed in within a couple of hours and no passports or visas were required.
They were legal then and they met the requirements then. Immigration requirements evolved over the years to respond to conditions present in those times. To say that they aren't legal by today's standards is irrelevant.

For an immigrant in 1905, getting on a boat with hundreds and hundreds of other people jam packed onto ships with no real belongings allowed, being treated like livestock along the journey, to make a dangerous and brutal journey across the Atlantic in which many people died at sea, only to then arrive at Ellis Island with rampant disease and malnutrition while you're held in cold, shitty rooms to wait for processing was certainly soooo much easier than people in 2019 visiting an Embassy today and obtaining the paperwork needed to legally migrate to the US by commercial aircraft.

[roll]

It was easier to be legally admitted, you know exactly what I was talking about, no one was talking about the transportation. But way to avoid the conversation.

[roll]
They also had to undergo physical and mental examinations upon entering. That was before the 1920's when things got even more restricted because they knew even then that the country could not handle mass immigrations (14.5 million in the decade).

ADVERTISEMENT