ADVERTISEMENT

Trump announces tariffs on Mexico over immigration

You really don't know what the term "moving the goalposts" means, do you? You said the crisis is because of Trump's detainment policy, but that same policy has been in effect for years. So if there is in fact a crisis, it started before Trump. If there's not, then why complain about what he's doing? You are literally undermining your own point when you talk out of both sides of your mouth like this.

Why exactly was Mercury One taking toys, soccer balls, and personal supplies down to the border 6 years ago to give to adolescent detainees if it wasn't the same situation that we have now?

Bro, again, I feel like you are just taking straight up idiot pills for breakfast lunch and dinner on this topic. I truly don't know if you are actually this stupid, or you are intentionally lying for some reason. I clearly did not say what you just claimed I said. In fact I very plainly stated the exact opposite of what you claimed I said. You are making it painfully difficult to have an adult conversation on this subject.

I bolded the words and typed slower, maybe that will help:

, but Trump and Obama do not of course have the same detainment policy.

New York times article dated December 15, 2014:

Mr. (Jeh) Johnson tried to leave no doubt that the administration was committed to detaining families. “l believe this is an effective deterrent,” he said.

Jeh C. Johnson, the secretary of Homeland Security, came to this South Texas outpost on Monday to open the country’s largest immigration detention facility and draw attention to border security measures that are part of President Obama’s fiercely debated executive actions on immigration.

Standing on a dirt road lined with cabins in a barren compound enclosed by fencing, Mr. Johnson delivered a blunt message to families without legal papers considering a trip to the United States: “It will now be more likely that you will be detained and sent back.”

But the administration’s huge expansion of family detention has drawn similarly angry criticism from advocates, lawyers and faith leaders on the other side, who argue that prolonged confinement is inappropriate for young children and mothers who pose no security risks. Until now, the largest permanent facility for migrant families was a center in Pennsylvania with about 100 beds.

Is this one of those mic-drop moments? Because it kind of feels like its one of those mic-drop moments.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Is this one of those mic-drop moments? Because it kind of feels like its one of those mic-drop moments.

Lmao it's cute you think that. Basic research shows you are of course wrong.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/research/immigration-under-trump-review-policy-shifts

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/20...a-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1540733001

But, according to FactCheck.org, "previous administrations did not have a blanket policy to prosecute parents and separate them from their children." It was after the Trump administration announced its "zero-tolerance" immigration policy in April 2018, in which everyone who illegally entered the U.S. was referred for criminal prosecution, that thousands of migrant children were separated from their parents.

This is a pretty simple and straight forward topic.

Lmao it's cute you think that. Basic research shows you are of course wrong.

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/research/immigration-under-trump-review-policy-shifts

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/20...a-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1540733001

But, according to FactCheck.org, "previous administrations did not have a blanket policy to prosecute parents and separate them from their children." It was after the Trump administration announced its "zero-tolerance" immigration policy in April 2018, in which everyone who illegally entered the U.S. was referred for criminal prosecution, that thousands of migrant children were separated from their parents.

This is a pretty simple and straight forward topic.
And this is where your inherent racism comes into the fold. Nobody on either side of the argument wants kids to be separated from their families, but there is a problem with the sex slavery and forced labor trades that we have to consider. You are on record as being indifferent to the idea that a smuggler can bring a child across the border and sell them into slavery. Right minded people recognize that we have to make sure that the adult who is crossing the border with a minor is in fact a parent and there is a process for doing so. You defer to the side of assuming all people are good and there are no nefarious and immoral people crossing the border and would just like to look the other way, while people who actually care about children want to make sure that a 7 year old girl isn't going to be raped repeatedly. But yeah, Trump is the problem.

And this is where your inherent racism comes into the fold. Nobody on either side of the argument wants kids to be separated from their families, but there is a problem with the sex slavery and forced labor trades that we have to consider. You are on record as being indifferent to the idea that a smuggler can bring a child across the border and sell them into slavery. Right minded people recognize that we have to make sure that the adult who is crossing the border with a minor is in fact a parent and there is a process for doing so. You defer to the side of assuming all people are good and there are no nefarious and immoral people crossing the border and would just like to look the other way, while people who actually care about children want to make sure that a 7 year old girl isn't going to be raped repeatedly. But yeah, Trump is the problem.

The irony here is that in the other thread, chemmie embarrassed himself by asserting that legal "slave labor" exists in the US. I looked it up and found that there IS "forced labor" but it exists almost exclusively through the usage of human smugglers that are abusing the southern border and trafficking people across to then make these people seem legit and then exploit them.

Human trafficking is happening every day thanks to our porous border and prior lack of attempt from the Mexican Govt to do anything about it. Now that is slowly changing thanks to the Trump action. It'd happen a lot faster if Democrats took border security seriously.

Oh, what do we have here?

Mexico has deployed almost 15,000 troops to the US-Mexico border, according to the country’s Secretary of Defense Luis Sandoval.

“In the northern part of the country, we have deployed a total of almost 15,000 troops composed of National Guard elements and military units,” Sandoval announced today in Cancun.

Approximately 2,000 National Guard members have already been deployed to Mexico’s southern border with Belize and Guatemala, he noted, adding to the 4,500 troops already spread across the area. Many migrants begin their journey in Central America and even further south, passing through Mexico on their way toward the United States.

Even a CNN reporter was caught praising this level of cooperation thanks to the Trump Admin, and quickly deleted it since CNN can't be seen as to have said something positive about the President.

Valencia.jpg

The irony here is that in the other thread, chemmie embarrassed himself by asserting that legal "slave labor" exists in the US. I looked it up and found that there IS "forced labor" but it exists almost exclusively through the usage of human smugglers that are abusing the southern border and trafficking people across to then make these people seem legit and then exploit them.

Human trafficking is happening every day thanks to our porous border and prior lack of attempt from the Mexican Govt to do anything about it. Now that is slowly changing thanks to the Trump action. It'd happen a lot faster if Democrats took border security seriously.
these people never actually think through the problems that can arise because of the policies that sound good on paper. its called slacktivism/vitue signaling. it all sounds good and they only care about it on a skin deep level.

Aaaaaaand back to moving the goal posts after your insane "obama and trump had the same immigration policies" bullshit was debunked.

You really are an absolutely terrible debater on this subject.

But since I'm feeling generous, I'll address your latest goal post moving, since it's the same blatant lie you've espoused multiple times before when you are getting desperate. For the 50th time, I've never "on record as being indifferent to the idea that a smuggler can bring a child across the border and sell them into slavery." I've said that it is a much better option for the tens of thousands of people trying to get out of harms way to be able to get into the US.

What do you think is going to happen to these kids that you claim are all getting sold into human trafficking if we turn them away at the border? Their captors are just going to say "darn" and let them go? No, they will now be sex slaves in a third world country.

Please don't pretend like you are doing this out of kindness for these people. It is insulting to both of our intelligence to attempt such a blatantly false argument.

just a reminder, 80+ percent of all kids and women will be raped on their way to illegally entering the us. most will be raped multiple times.

Aaaaaaand back to moving the goal posts after your insane "obama and trump had the same immigration policies" bullshit was debunked.

You really are an absolutely terrible debater on this subject.

But since I'm feeling generous, I'll address your latest goal post moving, since it's the same blatant lie you've espoused multiple times before when you are getting desperate. For the 50th time, I've never "on record as being indifferent to the idea that a smuggler can bring a child across the border and sell them into slavery." I've said that it is a much better option for the tens of thousands of people trying to get out of harms way to be able to get into the US.

What do you think is going to happen to these kids that you claim are all getting sold into human trafficking if we turn them away at the border? Their captors are just going to say "darn" and let them go? No, they will now be sex slaves in a third world country.

Please don't pretend like you are doing this out of kindness for these people. It is insulting to both of our intelligence to attempt such a blatantly false argument.
Nope, fortunately now the Mexican government can stop them and have better resources thanks to their own citizenship documentation that these kids can be reunited with their families.

Or is your inherent racism telling you that brown people are unable to capture criminals and return little girls to the people who love them?

Or is your inherent racism telling you that brown people are unable to capture criminals and return little girls to the people who love them?

jesus christ are you utterly incapable of making an actual argument without inventing bullshit claims that I never remotely said? This is about the 5th time you've done this, really says a lot about how desperate your position is.

jesus christ are you utterly incapable of making an actual argument without inventing bullshit claims that I never remotely said? This is about the 5th time you've done this, really says a lot about how desperate your position is.
Failure to deny it. Have to attack the opposing viewpoint with personal attacks.

Yep, racist.

Failure to deny it. Have to attack the opposing viewpoint with personal attacks.

Yep, racist.

Nothing in that post was remotely close to a personal attack. You have moved far beyond desperate on this topic.

I'm done with you for now. You are just inventing narratives that have no basis in what I have said. Please take a minute and learn to actually debate the points that are made instead of inventing childish bullshit and parading that around.

Ok, I'm done with you for now. You are just inventing narratives that have no basis in what I have said. Please take a minute and learn to actually debate the points that are made instead of inventing childish bullshit and parading that around.
That's rich. Your version of effective debating techniques includes:

I wish you were smart enough to know how dumb you are.

Let me get my crayons out.

Emojis.

Strawman arguments.

Playing the racist card when it isn't relevant.

Couching every statement with vulgarity and personal attacks.

Nope, not a single lesson to be learned from you on how to maturely and effectively debate.

That's rich. Your version of effective debating techniques includes:

I wish you were smart enough to know how dumb you are.

Let me get my crayons out.

Emojis.

Strawman arguments.

Playing the racist card when it isn't relevant.

Couching every statement with vulgarity and personal attacks.

Nope, not a single lesson to be learned from you on how to maturely and effectively debate.

Again, when you can actually debate without having to invent lies that you claim I've said I'm willing to revisit this subject with you, until then please learn how to live in the same reality as the rest of us.

Again, when you can actually debate without having to invent lies that you claim I've said I'm willing to revisit this subject with you, until then please learn how to live in the same reality as the rest of us.
Who exactly is "us"? 99% of the board has you on ignore. There is no "us", it's just you and quite honestly I would hate to live in that reality. You know, the reality that says that nothing can stop human trafficking and any attempt to do so is racist. That somehow it is better to allow 7 year old girls to be raped in the US than Mexico so let's bring em in.

Who exactly is "us"? 99% of the board has you on ignore. There is no "us", it's just you and quite honestly I would hate to live in that reality. You know, the reality that says that nothing can stop human trafficking and any attempt to do so is racist. That somehow it is better to allow 7 year old girls to be raped in the US than Mexico so let's bring em in.

:joy:

You really are getting desperate.

Again, literally nothing in your post is remotely true. Holy shit man how do you manage to get so fuking stupid whenever this topic is brought up? You must be going insane trying to rationalize your irrational beliefs on this subject.

I do enjoy this board for the laughs, thanks for providing at least that much with this post. Always entertaining to see how the other side thinks. :joy:

:joy:

You really are getting desperate.

Again, literally nothing in your post is remotely true. Holy shit man how do you manage to get so fuking stupid whenever this topic is brought up? You must be going insane trying to rationalize your irrational beliefs on this subject.

I do enjoy this board for the laughs, thanks for providing at least that much with this post. Always entertaining to see how the other side thinks. :joy:
Ok, let's back up. Please explain what exactly an immigration policy from Emporer Ninja would look like.

Ok, let's back up. Please explain what exactly an immigration policy from Emporer Ninja would look like.

I don't have one, it's not my job to come up with these things. I do know if I did have one it would involve treating these people better than animals at a shelter. They are humans, many with children, and are doing the exact same thing you or I would be doing if we were unlucky enough to not win the birth lottery and be born here. Trying to get to another country. So provide actual shelter, rooms and basic sanitary needs. The top DHS official John Sanders just resigned over the insane living conditions he forced these people into, including keeping children and infants in rooms sleeping on concrete floors with lights on 24 hours a day with nothing more than an aluminum blanket for warmth. That is insane.

Now I can't wait for you to invent some more bullshit things saying how I want to give every immigrant a million dollars and a parking space on the moon, since that seems to be the extent of your debate skills on this subject.

I don't have one, it's not my job to come up with these things. I do know if I did have one it would involve treating these people better than animals at a shelter. They are humans, many with children, and are doing the exact same thing you or I would be doing if we were unlucky enough to not win the birth lottery and be born here. Trying to get to another country. So provide actual shelter, rooms and basic sanitary needs. The top DHS official John Sanders just resigned over the insane living conditions he forced these people into, including keeping children and infants in rooms sleeping on concrete floors with lights on 24 hours a day with nothing more than an aluminum blanket for warmth. That is insane.

Now I can't wait for you to invent some more bullshit things saying how I want to give every immigrant a million dollars and a parking space on the moon, since that seems to be the extent of your debate skills on this subject.

That's cool. You just want to bitch and throw slurs. Bring nothing of value to a discussion. And ..................

Ignored.

That's cool. You just want to bitch and throw slurs. Bring nothing of value to a discussion. And ..................

Ignored.

:joy: lmao hooooooly hell you have literally gone insane. Yes, I'm a terrible person for wanting people to not be treated like animals. Of course no slurs were thrown, you are 100% inventing lies yet again.

Wow. Really says a lot about you as a person that you can't remotely debate your position without lying.

Threads like this really do a great job of pushing me to the left on these issues. When I see people literally inventing 7 different absolutely provable false things about me, when all I have done is point out the flaws in their logic system. Funny thing is I do this to people on both sides of the political spectrum, yet it's always the red hats who resort to lying and inventing stories. Something is fundamentally wrong with you people, you can't live in the same reality as the rest of us. Just crazy.

I love the article about the undocumented children not having various essentials ... as if they did where they came from. No Progressive wants to personally pay for it, and the Government barely pays much, so Christian Charities continue to do so for them.

Personally I’m just glad it’s general inbred/racism. If it was racism against brown people like I feared I would have a very awkward conversation coming up with my wife and three kids. They’re all brown but since I’m Republican I don’t think of them as brown, I just call them my wife and kids. I’m not good with identity politics, just another thing I’m too stupid to grasp.

Yea but are they brown brown or just on paper Cuban brown?

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-migrants-faked-family-relationship-kids.html

Rapid DNA testing reveals a THIRD of migrants faked family relationship with children to claim asylum during ICE pilot of the procedure in Texas
  • ICE ran the pilot for a few days this month in El Paso and McAllen, Texas
  • About 30% of migrants tested with rapid DNA were lying about familial relations
  • Migrants with children can claim asylum and avoid detention in most cases

but we were told that this never happened. i wonder how many of them are victims of sex trafficking? imagine being so dumb that you argue this isnt a problem and for this to continue happening.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-migrants-faked-family-relationship-kids.html

Rapid DNA testing reveals a THIRD of migrants faked family relationship with children to claim asylum during ICE pilot of the procedure in Texas
  • About 30% of migrants tested with rapid DNA were lying about familial relations

but we were told that this never happened. i wonder how many of them are victims of sex trafficking? imagine being so dumb that you argue this isnt a problem and for this to continue happening.

Even better, imagine being so dumb you quote a goddamn daily mail article. Find a real source or GTFO you racist piece of shit.

Also please stop pretending that you care about these people, you have proven plenty of times in the past that you don't.

Just think about that in sheer numbers. For every 100,000 people who cross the border, assuming it's 2 parents and 1 child, that's about 10,000 kids being brought to the border that may be sold into slavery or abandoned.

In April, 100,000 illegal migrants were detained. That doesn't count the ones who made it through without being caught.

Yep, not a crisis.

Just think about that in sheer numbers. For every 100,000 people who cross the border, assuming it's 2 parents and 1 child, that's about 10,000 kids being brought to the border that may be sold into slavery or abandoned.
Whoa...so this isn't about detaining Mexican families?
Dammit, Trump needs to speak out more about this rampant child sex slave crisis!!!!

Reactions: NinjaKnight

This.

Liberals are once again going into faux hysteria over these kids being held on their own but it's only due to ICE and CBP adhering to the frigging laws on the books that were passed by Congress on the subject of human trafficking. A lot of these kids are coming across with "uncles" but the law states, in accordance with anti-trafficking legislation, that the child must be separated while they process the "uncle" and determine if he's an actual family member or some asshole smuggler or worse. If he's an actual family member then the child is reunited and they are processed together.

Smugglers and traffickers know 2 things:

- They've effectively created absolute chaos on our border that they can exploit and take advantage of
- The Democrats will always blame Trump and incite hysteria over detaining these mobs of people coming across, which in turn helps the smugglers

Reactions: UCFWayne
Dammit, Trump needs to speak out more about this rampant child sex slave crisis!!!!

It's so fuking hilarious seeing these morons pivot to this convenient excuse now that they discovered it. I remember asking crazy 5 times why we need to keep them out of the country and he could never answer. Now it's "we gotta send them back to be murdered to save them!".

Just pathetic.

He has, along with talking about drugs crossing the border. Seriously, how can anyone take issue with the idea of making sure that kids being brought across the border are not kidnapped for the purpose of selling them into slavery? Turning a blind eye to it doesn't make it go away. Any responsible person who has authority would want to do anything they can to stop child sex slavery.

The sad thing is that there will be lawsuits filed on the basis of 4th amendment rights to try and keep the border patrol from determining whether or not someone who claims to be a parent of a child actually is the child's parent.

Yes, it was so much easier then.

For an immigrant in 1905, getting on a boat with hundreds and hundreds of other people jam packed onto ships with no real belongings allowed, being treated like livestock along the journey, to make a dangerous and brutal journey across the Atlantic in which many people died at sea, only to then arrive at Ellis Island with rampant disease and malnutrition while you're held in cold, shitty rooms to wait for processing was certainly soooo much easier than people in 2019 visiting an Embassy today and obtaining the paperwork needed to legally migrate to the US by commercial aircraft.

[roll]
Don’t forget that if they made it past Ellis there was no safety net, no federal aid, nothing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/senate...y-funding-bill-after-rejecting-house-version/

Senate passes border security funding bill after rejecting House version

The Senate's bipartisan package provides $4.59 billion in emergency funds to address the humanitarian and security crisis at the border. It includes the following:
  • $2.88 billion for Health and Human Services to provide safe shelter and care for children in custody;
  • $1.1 billion for Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to establish migrant care and processing facilities;
  • $220 million for the Justice Department to help process immigration cases and provide resources to U.S. Marshals Service for care and detention of federal detainees;
  • $145 million for branches of U.S. military for missions along the border.

guys this is definitely not a crisis or anything like that....

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT