ADVERTISEMENT

Trump announces tariffs on Mexico over immigration

They were legal then and they met the requirements then. Immigration requirements evolved over the years to respond to conditions present in those times. To say that they aren't legal by today's standards is irrelevant.

It doesn't change the fact immigration is what built this country, so your paragraph "about random people from around the world" and random luck was just a bunch of words with no basis in US history.

They also had to undergo physical and mental examinations upon entering. That was before the 1920's when things got even more restricted because they knew even then that the country could not handle mass immigrations (14.5 million in the decade).

It took the typical person 1-2 hours to be admitted after landing at Ellis Island. People with possible diseases it would take longer and could take a few weeks for some people, but for the most part it was a pretty easy process.

There is so much more to it than hitting the "birthplace lottery."

You're right, my lineage hit the transatlantic slave trade lottery. ;)

I appreciate what you're saying but whether I look at it as sheer fortune or some divine destiny to carry forward the spirit of my enslaved ancestors I will approach it the exact same way. I'm blessed beyond measure to be where I am and don't take that lightly. It didn't have to be me but it is and for that I'm grateful.

You're right, my lineage hit the transatlantic slave trade lottery. ;)

I appreciate what you're saying but whether I look at it as sheer fortune or some divine destiny to carry forward the spirit of my enslaved ancestors I will approach it the exact same way. I'm blessed beyond measure to be where I am and don't take that lightly. It didn't have to be me but it is and for that I'm grateful.

I am glad you responded to this because I was going to in your stead.

It was easier to be legally admitted, you know exactly what I was talking about, no one was talking about the transportation. But way to avoid the conversation.

Ok so your point here is that immigration in the late 19th century and early 20th century is vastly different from immigration in 2019.

Que captain obvious

Yes, it was so much easier then.

For an immigrant in 1905, getting on a boat with hundreds and hundreds of other people jam packed onto ships with no real belongings allowed, being treated like livestock along the journey, to make a dangerous and brutal journey across the Atlantic in which many people died at sea, only to then arrive at Ellis Island with rampant disease and malnutrition while you're held in cold, shitty rooms to wait for processing was certainly soooo much easier than people in 2019 visiting an Embassy today and obtaining the paperwork needed to legally migrate to the US by commercial aircraft.

[roll]

We just had a thread about these people today who literally walked a thousand miles or more across some of the most inhospital terrain on earth, you stupid bitch.

It doesn't change the fact immigration is what built this country, so your paragraph "about random people from around the world" and random luck was just a bunch of words with no basis in US history.
This is a great trite saying but it’s not true. The American ideal and common value system was built by Americans. Over the years, America has incorporated immigrants and benefitted from that incorporation. But America was built by the Founders and developed from there by the amalgamation.

Reactions: UCFWayne
It’s always “you hate black/brown people” with Dems. I don’t want white Canadians walking across the border either. All we want is the people to come in to do it legally and have them checked out before they’re allowed in.

Why do you give a shit? How does this remotely effect you? Do you not realize we have actual problems in this country we could be solving instead of wringing our hands over literally inconsequential bullshit?

Why do you give a shit? How does this remotely effect you? Do you not realize we have actual problems in this country we could be solving instead of wringing our hands over literally inconsequential bullshit?

You ever hear of Angel Parents/Families? I’d like people checked before they walk into the country. Did you see the report the other day that ISIS was planning to use our southern border to get terrorists into our country? I’m not sure how you can be against knowing who is coming in. No one is saying close the border we’re full, we’re just looking for them to go through the process.

Reactions: UCFWayne
You ever hear of Angel Parents/Families? I’d like people checked before they walk into the country. Did you see the report the other day that ISIS was planning to use our southern border to get terrorists into our country? I’m not sure how you can be against knowing who is coming in. No one is saying close the border we’re full, we’re just looking for them to go through the process.

Do you have any clue how impossibly small your chances of getting killed by a terrorist or illegal immigrant?

This is what pisses me off. People are just so goddamn ignorant. You're not going to be murdered by isis. An illegal immigrant isn't going to kill you. You are going to die from a heart attack, cancer, or a car accident. Maybe an infection or stroke.

If we were a halfway intelligent society we would be throwing our resources at solving those actual problems. But we elected a reality star tv host because he has played you morons on the emotional level.

Ninjaknight is probably a “brown/brown” illegal alien. He’s biased. Just kidding, but...

If he or anyone else was running the country with his thought processes, we would have a economic, healthcare, humanitarian, and criminal crisis that would overwhelm this country

Waste of time debating with this lunatic that has TDS clouding him from having any rational thought process

lmao, remember how pissy our favorite hentai connoisseur was over the prospect of a couple billion dollar wall?
Why? You still never gave a good answer as to why we need to waste billions on a wall.
Meanwhile, Illegal immigrants out here costing taxpayers $100 billion/year

SOURCE: https://www.fairus.org/issue/public...n-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
Why do you give a shit? How does this remotely effect you?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Do you have any clue how impossibly small your chances of getting killed by a terrorist or illegal immigrant?

Yeah, I do actually and its incredibly disproportionate lmao:

• There were 68.57 illegal aliens imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in Arizona, compared to 54.06 citizens and legal noncitizens imprisoned for every 100,000 citizens and legal noncitizens.
  • There were 97.2 illegals imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in California, compared to 74.1 citizens and legal noncitizens imprisoned per 100,000 citizen and legal noncitizens.
  • There were 54.85 illegals imprisoned for every 100,00 illegals in Florida, compared to 67.8 legal immigrants imprisoned for every 100,000 legal immigrants.
  • There were 168.75 illegals imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in New York, compared to 48.12 legal immigrants imprisoned for every 100,000 legal immigrants.
  • There were 54.54 illegals imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in Texas, compared to 65.43 legal immigrants .
SOURCE: https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/illegal-immigration-crime-us-civil-rights-commission/

Yeah, I do actually and its incredibly disproportionate lmao:

• There were 68.57 illegal aliens imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in Arizona, compared to 54.06 citizens and legal noncitizens imprisoned for every 100,000 citizens and legal noncitizens.
  • There were 97.2 illegals imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in California, compared to 74.1 citizens and legal noncitizens imprisoned per 100,000 citizen and legal noncitizens.
  • There were 54.85 illegals imprisoned for every 100,00 illegals in Florida, compared to 67.8 legal immigrants imprisoned for every 100,000 legal immigrants.
  • There were 168.75 illegals imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in New York, compared to 48.12 legal immigrants imprisoned for every 100,000 legal immigrants.
  • There were 54.54 illegals imprisoned for every 100,000 illegals in Texas, compared to 65.43 legal immigrants .
SOURCE: https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/illegal-immigration-crime-us-civil-rights-commission/

I can’t wait for Professor Ninja to come and tell us why you’re an idiot. Dude is so far left it’s not worth responding to his insane rants... I’m out!

This is what pisses me off. People are just so goddamn ignorant. You're not going to be murdered by isis. An illegal immigrant isn't going to kill you. You are going to die from a heart attack, cancer, or a car accident. Maybe an infection or stroke.

If we were a halfway intelligent society we would be throwing our resources at solving those actual problems. But we elected a reality star tv host because he has played you morons on the emotional level.
Well now that Trump has convinced Mexico to deal with the rampant crime and sex slave trade going on down there maybe we won't need to worry about it quite as much.

I love how you complain about tarriffs because you don't like how it costs our taxpayers money but you dont care about the costs they incur from having an unsecured border.

immigrants didnt make this country great because they were immigrants.

what made this country great was the fact that they assimilated into our culture of working hard to better your life with limited gov involvement.

Well now that Trump has convinced Mexico to deal with the rampant crime and sex slave trade going on down there maybe we won't need to worry about it quite as much.

I love how you complain about tarriffs because you don't like how it costs our taxpayers money but you dont care about the costs they incur from having an unsecured border.

Remember, liberals are the people cheerleading CA giving free health care to illegal aliens while doing jack shit for their US citizens living on the streets, or their US citizens living in eastern, rural parts that are owed huge sums of money and aren't being paid after the State screwed them over to build their HSR to nowhere.

I can’t wait for Professor Ninja to come and tell us why you’re an idiot. Dude is so far left it’s not worth responding to his insane rants... I’m out!

Awesome job responding with nothing but personal attacks. Way to literally admit you have no argument

Awesome job responding with nothing but personal attacks. Way to literally admit you have no argument

Where did I make a personal attack? I said “insane rants.” I made my argument and you said that angel parents/families don’t matter. I’ve actually very clearly and simply made my points throughout this thread and your response has always been some version of “you’re an idiot.” That’s fine, you’re entitled to your opinion, mine is that immigration is fine/good and unchecked immigration is bad.

Where did I make a personal attack? I said “insane rants.” I made my argument and you said that angel parents/families don’t matter. I’ve actually very clearly and simply made my points throughout this thread and your response has always been some version of “you’re an idiot.” That’s fine, you’re entitled to your opinion, mine is that immigration is fine/good and unchecked immigration is bad.

FUKIN INBRED REDHAT RACIST SHITSTAIN LOSER!!!

lmao "where did I make a personal attack, I just called you insane without refuting anything you said" hahaha you can't make this shit up.

Look man, it's obvious you aren't that intelligent. That's fine. You can work on that. Go do some research on the number of people killed by illegal immigrants vs the number of people killed by cancer or heart disease and you'll understand why I made my post.

We are counting on you, as a voter, to get smarter and make more informed decisions.

It’s always “you hate black/brown people” with Dems. I don’t want white Canadians walking across the border either. All we want is the people to come in to do it legally and have them checked out before they’re allowed in.
Link me your post calling for a wall along the Canadian border thanks in advance.

[roll]

I always love the "why don't you focus on Canada too!?!?" comments from ignorant dolts who only say this since they know that their claims of RACISM! surrounding the southern border are idiotic and this is their false equivalent attempt to deflect from that.

I love it when liberals resort to "whatabout-isms" because they know they have no leg to stand on.

"What about Canada?"

Um, we don't worry about Canada because they arent allowing drugs and criminals to cross the border and actually keep a rule of law that we can feel comfortable with.

"What about cancer?"

I don't know, what about pitbulls attacking little kids? What does one have to do with the other? Last time I checked, the whole world is working on curing cancer but it isnt a problem that is being perpetuated by criminals that we can stop.

I swear, the arguments that are left arent even to the level of non-sequitor, they are just nonsense.

I love it when liberals resort to "whatabout-isms" because they know they have no leg to stand on.

"What about Canada?"

Um, we don't worry about Canada because they arent allowing drugs and criminals to cross the border and actually keep a rule of law that we can feel comfortable with.

"What about cancer?"

I don't know, what about pitbulls attacking little kids? What does one have to do with the other? Last time I checked, the whole world is working on curing cancer but it isnt a problem that is being perpetuated by criminals that we can stop.

I swear, the arguments that are left arent even to the level of non-sequitor, they are just nonsense.

I have faith in you, if you try really hard and put in some research you'll be able to comprehend the cancer point.

I have faith in you, if you try really hard and put in some research you'll be able to comprehend the cancer point.

Unless we can figure out how to stop the aging of the body, it doesnt matter how much we spend. Conversely, we can figure out how to slow the migration of drugs and criminals into the country.

Conversely, we can figure out how to slow the migration of drugs.

Legalize it. Problem solved. Cartels gone. Done.

and criminals into the country.

Bro, lettuce killed almost as many people as illegal immigrants did last year. Lettuce.

So I think you can forgive me for not giving a damn about illegal immigrants. It simply does not fuking matter in the grand scheme of things. Focus on something that actually matters, or at least give equal attention to things that are just as likely to kill you. Like lettuce.

Unless we can figure out how to stop the aging of the body, it doesnt matter how much we spend. Conversely, we can figure out how to slow the migration of drugs and criminals into the country.

Anyone who opposes this is either lying to themselves or probably just insane.

It's no big deal. We just need to cure cancer first, then we can deal with the human trafficking and drug issue at the border. I'm sure that the 8 year old girls who are sold into sex slavery will understand.
if we vote for biden, he promises to cure cancer oh and probably that sex slavery thing too...

It's no big deal. We just need to cure cancer first, then we can deal with the human trafficking and drug issue at the border. I'm sure that the 8 year old girls who are sold into sex slavery will understand.

lmao not gonna lie, I'm loving your demise into a shit tier poster who can't even admit when they are clearly wrong. Following exactly in the path of wayne.

lmao "where did I make a personal attack, I just called you insane without refuting anything you said" hahaha you can't make this shit up.

Look man, it's obvious you aren't that intelligent. That's fine. You can work on that. Go do some research on the number of people killed by illegal immigrants vs the number of people killed by cancer or heart disease and you'll understand why I made my post.

We are counting on you, as a voter, to get smarter and make more informed decisions.

I had no idea that we had to choose between curing cancer, stopping heart disease, or securing the border. My lack of intelligence strikes again, thank you for the education Professor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT