ADVERTISEMENT

USC/ UCLA to Big 10?

Wow I wonder how this will play out. Could BIG XII go to 16 by taking Utah, Colorado and the Arizona schools??
Does the PAC-12 have enough fire power to try and poach BIG XII schools??

The only scenario that makes sense to me if this comes to fruition is the Pac-12 and Big XII fighting to poach the top 4-6 remaining teams from the other conference, and the conference that loses their teams dying off.

Well this is the Big 10's response to the SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas. The domino effect from this will be interesting as we are looking at two dominate conferences with 16 teams in the Big 10 and SEC. Now that leaves the Pac 10, -6 of 16 teams, ACC -2 of 16 teams, and the Big 12 -4 teams of 16.. Something has to give either a conference get poached or we see conferences merge. I believe the poaching will continue. SO WHICH CONFERENCE MAKES THE NEXT MOVE???

So many scenarios to speculate about. Is the ACC at risk? Clemson, FSU and Miami to the SEC? North Carolina, Notre Dame, Virginia and Syracuse to the BIG 10??
Get your popcorn ready 🍿🍿

Reactions: Knight Strength
Well this is the Big 10's response to the SEC adding Oklahoma and Texas. The domino effect from this will be interesting as we are looking at two dominate conferences with 16 teams in the Big 10 and SEC. Now that leaves the Pac 10, -6 of 16 teams, ACC -2 of 16 teams, and the Big 12 -4 teams of 16.. Something has to give either a conference get poached or we see conferences merge. I believe the poaching will continue. SO WHICH CONFERENCE MAKES THE NEXT MOVE???
ACC is waiting for Notre Dame so probably not them. It will come down to who feels weaker? The remaining PAC12 teams or the top of the Big12

Reactions: knight_tracker
the big 12 and pac 12 remainers will just merge and that will be good for us because that ends the musical chairs with 4 power conferences and we would have a seat.

Reactions: PositYourself
Let's not get ahead of ourselves....this is based off some tweets. If it's really true we'll probably know over the next few days or weeks. Until then, it's some tweets....which, well, take them for what they are.

the big 12 and pac 12 remainers will just merge and that will be good for us because that ends the musical chairs with 4 power conferences and we would have a seat.
Again, if that's the case, you have a 22-team conference. You can only play 9 conference games a year. Any way you set up a schedule in the end it might as well be two separate conferences. 16 is already ridiculous IMO, but if you set up divisions 8 and 8 at least you have a couple of games against the other division during the year.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves....this is based off some tweets. If it's really true we'll probably know over the next few days or weeks. Until then, it's some tweets....which, well, take them for what they are.
My friend, are you new here? If these things are coming out today they've been in the works for months. We aren't just talking about "some tweets".

If you have to choose four out of the PAC-12, then it is: Oregon, Stanford (there is more to sports than just football), Utah and Washington???? (leaving 6 teams after the dust settles). I initially thought Colorado makes the most sense geographically but they have just been garbage since they moved to the PAC-12. Maybe that's the right move geographically, though.

That would leave: Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Wazzou, and Oregon State.

At that point, the PAC-10 would have no choice but to take on teams from the Mountain West: Boise State, Fresno State, San Diego State, etc.... until they reach the number of schools they want to play with.

Again, if that's the case, you have a 22-team conference. You can only play 9 conference games a year. Any way you set up a schedule in the end it might as well be two separate conferences. 16 is already ridiculous IMO, but if you set up divisions 8 and 8 at least you have a couple of games against the other division during the year.
without a doubt it's nonsensical. i'm just glad USC and UCLA didn't make this decision last summer along with OU and UT because the Big 12 would have never raided the AAC.

UCF looks to stay in the "club" after all these moves. Our invite came at the right time.

The top G5 teams still may not even get a chance here. This could be the end of G5 even playing P5 moving forward.

Wow I wonder how this will play out. Could BIG XII go to 16 by taking Utah, Colorado and the Arizona schools??
Does the PAC-12 have enough fire power to try and poach BIG XII schools??
Not sure who the ACC would want from the Big 12 outside of West Virginia, and Oklahoma State. Now that would be bad for the Big 12.... Yikes!

Reactions: tjb74
UCF looks to stay in the "club" after all these moves. Our invite came at the right time.

The top G5 teams still may not even get a chance here. This could be the end of G5 even playing P5 moving forward.
If moving forward is a 64 team super league then we are out right now. Basketball and baseball better step up if we want to part of a final 64 teams

Or could some of the old non productive schools get squeezed out like the Vanderbilts of college football.

This is what I was thinking with my post. Maybe Oregon State? What do they contribute compared to us? A few middling P12 and ACC schools could be looked at differently than us.

At this point you could take the top 16 teams from Big 12, Pac-12 and ACC make a superconference, and it still wouldn't be as good as the SEC and Big 12. Forget 64 teams, this is a Big 2 and nothing else. It's just a question of how much the Big 10 and SEC want to expand.

Reactions: Steve91562
I'm not sure I love this. This has always been the fear of many having essentially 2 super conferences and everyone else. I hope I'm wrong but Big12, ACC and Pac12 could be potentially screwed here. Trust me Oregon and Washington won't just be sitting around and being like "ok I guess bring in Boise" and that's that. And you better believe Clemson, Miami and FSU are crapping down the pant of their legs as well. This is a big step towards what many fear and unless UCF is magically gobbled up into one of these super conferences we may be left playing the likes of Wake Forest, Oregon State and Texas Techb in who knows what will be left of the college landscape.

B10 has been playing the tv market game with Rutgers and Maryland, now going for west coast. Definitely shaping up to be 16 team super conferences.

Big10 and SEC moves basically grabbed the big tv markets from ACC, B12, PAC12.

Essentially this is just getting closer to being NFL Jr.

Reactions: Steve91562
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT