ADVERTISEMENT

USC/ UCLA to Big 10?

Can’t have 7 home games every year if you only play in-conference games
Get enough TV money and they’ll revenue share.

Personally, I think they’re overestimating the amount of viewers they’ll get from fans outside of the conference teams if they split the two off. Why would I ever watch if my school isn’t in the same division as them. I’ll just wait until Sunday and watch better football.

Reactions: OvilleNative
The viability and success of a program can be cyclical, a program like Alabama can go back to a few wins a seasons. A program like Rutgers with unlimited resources can find success.

Population and TV market sizes is not cyclical.

If this was the 1980s people would be saying Pitt, SMU, Arizona State should be in the most sought after programs.

In the end if Rutgers hired Nick Saban and recruited the nation's best they would be a top 10 year in and year out.

Just because they aren't doing it now, doesn't mean it won't happen ever.

This will be the reality of the realignment of the 2 big conferences.
I like UCF chances in the Big 12. Texas is going to be bottom feeders in the SEC.

This will be the reality of the realignment of the 2 big conferences.
I like UCF chances in the Big 12. Texas is going to be bottom feeders in the SEC.
Yep. Their admin did what they had to do financially but their fans are going to be absolutely miserable haha. I'd rather win in the Big XII than be a bottom half team in the SEC.

I wouldn't be so sure about Texas sucking in the SEC. A&M was never a big deal in the B12 and they've had two top 5 finishes while in the SEC against supposedly tougher competition. While the competition might be tougher, their recruiting improved significantly with that SEC tag. While in the same conference with UT they were never seen as equals to the recruits, but separate and in a better conference they started doing a lot better on the trail and became an even bigger draw. That's why they were so against UT joining the SEC because they know what it means.

I’m of the opinion that UT is a coach away from being a force with the SEC tag. I mean, they have been a coach away for a while now, it’s not like they haven’t recruited well this whole time. They have all the money to right the ship in this NIL era. Maybe Sarkisian will work out, or they pay big $ for a big name in a few years 🤷🏻‍♂️

This QB Ewers is supposed to be the real deal too. We’ll see…

I wouldn't be so sure about Texas sucking in the SEC. A&M was never a big deal in the B12 and they've had two top 5 finishes while in the SEC against supposedly tougher competition. While the competition might be tougher, their recruiting improved significantly with that SEC tag. While in the same conference with UT they were never seen as equals to the recruits, but separate and in a better conference they started doing a lot better on the trail and became an even bigger draw. That's why they were so against UT joining the SEC because they know what it means.
I would say Missouri has had more success in the SEC than TAM. Missouri has won the SEC east 2 times.

SEC West vs. East is a ridiculous difference. Mizzou would not have won in SEC West considering both times they lost to the SEC West team in the championship game by an average of 3+ touchdowns.

TAMU has been in SEC West for 10 years, 9 of those 10 years the SEC West Champion also played in the NCAA Championship. The year before TAMU joined SEC West, the national championship was played by 2 SEC West teams LSU/Alabama.

I would say Missouri has had more success in the SEC than TAM. Missouri has won the SEC east 2 times.
those years the difference between the SEC East and West is like the difference between the SEC and the ACC. Mizzou also wasn't a big deal in the B12 and yet day one in the SEC east they were one of the better teams in that division.

Yet I don't consider Missouri a top dog in the SEC. They had some good QB's that carried them a few years. Just shows the importance of QB play. FLowers was the last good QB at USF they haven't won much since he left.
I agree with your assessment of Missouri. I also think they are in the same class as TAM. TAM over last 10 years is average. Oil $$$ and NiL might make TaM good or elite over next 10 years.

Reactions: knight_tracker
I agree with your assessment of Missouri. I also think they are in the same class as TAM. TAM over last 10 years is average. Oil $$$ and NiL might make TaM good or elite over next 10 years.
Definitely.

As someone else said in the “blue blood” discussion said, I think all of the TAM-type schools are a coach and a key player or two away from being relevant.

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT