ADVERTISEMENT

"What was he doing wrong?"

Here are the demands guys. Very reasonable. The nationwide disbanding of all police forces.

#BlackLivesMatter-LA (@BLMLA) Tweeted:
Two national demands:
1. Prosecute killer cops.
2. Defund the police.
In the name of #GeorgeFloyd and all those killed by state-sanctioned violence.
#BlackLivesMatter

Reactions: UCFWayne
Here are the demands guys. Very reasonable. The nationwide disbanding of all police forces.

#BlackLivesMatter-LA (@BLMLA) Tweeted:
Two national demands:
1. Prosecute killer cops.
2. Defund the police.
In the name of #GeorgeFloyd and all those killed by state-sanctioned violence.
#BlackLivesMatter

I don’t understand the thought pattern. Are they thinking that black people wont be killed in America if there are no police?

Are you talking about the one report paid for by Crump that included the guy that independently examined Eric Garner and Baden. If so, that’s one report and I’d hardly call it independent.

Hopefully the DA disregards Baden altogether. Suggesting that the charge should be 1st degree murder is a guaranteed acquittal and we'll have another round of riots.

im all for going after the bad cops. they need to find away to purge these bad cops from the police force and not let them just pop back up in a different city to do the same damn thing again.

i still cant believe the other 3 cops havent been arrested yet. that is injustice.

Reactions: sk8knight
im all for going after the bad cops. they need to find away to purge these bad cops from the police force and not let them just pop back up in a different city to do the same damn thing again.

i still cant believe the other 3 cops havent been arrested yet. that is injustice.
It takes time for this kind of thing. Its somewhat amazing that the 1 cop was arrested as quickly as he was.

Reactions: sk8knight
Hopefully the DA disregards Baden altogether. Suggesting that the charge should be 1st degree murder is a guaranteed acquittal and we'll have another round of riots.
I was taking a break yesterday and heard Sean Hannity interview Baden. I honestly have lost all respect for the man. He first tried to claim that the ME and his conclusions were the same cause of ashpyxia. Then he failed to address any of the common pathologies that identify ashpyxia versus, say, cardiac arrests. He didn't mention whether Floyd had patechial hemorraging in his eyes or other vessels, whether he had blood engorgement in vessels, any hemorrhaging elsewhere, or any other pathological signs. He did say it was obvious what killed him from the video and abrasions on his mouth and nose. If that's the depth of his analysis, a defense attorney would tear that apart instantly. Then he tried to dismiss that police are taught that people can breathe if they can talk as if that is lunacy. However, if you look at the guidance for choking people, the very first sign of someone who can't breathe is inability to talk. Nearly every medical site lists this in their assessment criteria.

Now, Dr. Baden did say that it was a combination of the knee on the back and the knee to the neck. So it's possible that he was trying to say that the combination of pressure on the diaphragm and partial constriction of the trachea caused mechanical asphyxia. But he didn't make that point and he didn't note any injuries to the diaphragm area nor did he note that pressure to the side of the throat normally constricts the flow of blood and not the flow of air, that happens with pressure to the front of the neck. If he noted that there was bruising or abrasions to the area around the trachea, that would make more sense. Finally, he absolutely dismissed any factor that Fentanyl would play saying that opiates give you time to go to sleep and you can use Narcan because of that. While that is true in some cases, he has to know that not all of the cases work that way.

Bottom line in my opinion, Dr. Baden delivered what he was paid for and then is promoting it in the public space because his work is all for the civil trial where preponderance of the evidence is the standard. But more likely, the goal is to raise sentiment so high to drive amount of the eventual wrongful death lawsuit settlement as high as possible.

Which doesn't mean it's wrong because that's what I'd want Crump to do if it were my son. But it is frustrating given the effects of the public campaign on these cities. I don't know if it helps get any real reforms put in place either.

Which doesn't mean it's wrong because that's what I'd want Crump to do if it were my son. But it is frustrating given the effects of the public campaign on these cities. I don't know if it helps get any real reforms put in place either.
Trust me, this case's effect on cities throughout this country has a lot more to do with the video leading up to Floyd's death than it did with anything Crump wrote in his report.

Trust me, this case's effect on cities throughout this country has a lot more to do with the video leading up to Floyd's death than it did with anything Crump wrote in his report.
Do you know who Benjamin Crump is?

The attorney representing the Floyd family. He arranged an independent autopsy on behalf of the family.

To what end? He has nothing to do with the criminal suit, so this is about the following civil suit ($$$$). The guy has a financial interest in this deal.

in response to the covid sarcasm what did you expect protesters to do? you can't set a 4 month protest delay response to a live stream of police brutality. Big picture for many this is much more important to our society than a College Football game. Western Europe was listening much more than us in regards to social distancing and even they packed the streets in solidarity. It is worrying that it will spur another surge in a month or two especially through younger people who may be asymptomatic, just gotta hope the outdoor and humidity theories are true & we make progress with treatments + the vaccine

Last edited:
in response to the covid sarcasm what did you expect protesters to do? you can't set a 4 month protest delay response to a live stream of police brutality. Big picture for many this is much more important to our society than a College Football game. Western Europe was listening much more than us in regards to social distancing and even they packed the streets in solidarity. It is worrying that it will spur another surge in a month or two especially through younger people who may be asymptomatic, just gotta hope the outdoor and humidity theories are true & we make progress with treatments + the vaccine

I'm not addressing these people on the streets but yes, I expected the media punditry, the Mayors, the Governors, and Congressional members to demand that people not congregate and respect social distancing, exactly the same way they did when they put 43M people out of work and caused thousands of businesses to permanently shutter.

You can't tell people that you may lose everything and your life ruined but the virus demands it, and then tell people literally weeks later that the virus isn't as important as the cause for getting on the street and assuring a massive 2nd wave. Especially when this has all led to even more businesses being destroyed, even more people losing jobs, dead people, etc

The attorney representing the Floyd family. He arranged an independent autopsy on behalf of the family.
Correct. His first injustice case in the national eye was Trayvon Martin. Since then, Crump has almost exclusively been the attorney for the family of the killed in every high visibility white or police on black homicide, whether those were justifiable or not. He has developed his business model well and is becoming very good at it. He is very good at creating and controlling the initial narrative and shaping it so that the actual facts of the criminal trial never overcome the media narrative.

In this one, however, I don't think that he saw the Antifa-BLM alliance coming. He's lost control of the media to the people that are using this as an excuse to enact an anarchist agenda. I'm not going to go into it because you're not going to be receptive, but the designation of Antifa as a terrorist organization is far more appropriate than you'd think. You can do the research of Antifa and BLM and their leadership connections to groups like Hamas and make your own decisions. Or just call me crazy.

Either way, I think we can agree that fixing the community/police relations is paramount and the other stuff is distraction.

Correct. His first injustice case in the national eye was Trayvon Martin. Since then, Crump has almost exclusively been the attorney for the family of the killed in every high visibility white or police on black homicide, whether those were justifiable or not.
Oooooooh, so we're to be skeptical of this joker because he was the lawyer for the Trayvon Martin family and involved in other high profile police brutality cases?

I could be wrong but I don't recall you raising your eyebrows when Alan Dershowitz was hired by Donald Trump. You know, the same guy who has had such upstanding, high profile clients like Jeffrey Epstein, Mike Tyson, Jim Bakker, and Claus von Bulow
In this one, however, I don't think that he saw the Antifa-BLM alliance coming.
Good grief. An "Antifa-BLM" alliance? Really?

Obama is speaking today at 5pm. Hes going to remind america what a president sounds like. The 39% of americans who still dont disapprove of Trump need reminding.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Oooooooh, so we're to be skeptical of this joker because he was the lawyer for the Trayvon Martin family and involved in other high profile police brutality cases?

I could be wrong but I don't recall you raising your eyebrows when Alan Dershowitz was hired by Donald Trump. You know, the same guy who has had such upstanding, high profile clients like Jeffrey Epstein, Mike Tyson, Jim Bakker, and Claus von Bulow

Good grief. An "Antifa-BLM" alliance? Really?
See, I told you that you wouldn’t be receptive. At least you didn’t question the BLM and Palestinian connection.

Obama is speaking today at 5pm. Hes going to remind america what a president sounds like. The 39% of americans who still dont disapprove of Trump need reminding.
good job by him pointing out the importance of Mayor elections in regards to the culture of each town/city's police department

good job by him pointing out the importance of Mayor elections in regards to the culture of each town/city's police department

Thank God, finally we'll throw those Republican Mayors out in these major urban city centers and enact the reform that's expected.

Why should culture have anything to do with equal justice under the law? Sounds like a community organizer talking

Because one side has the culture of lynching black people.

Who killed David Dorn?

hqdefault.jpg

it was informative especially to many that are angry but are not sure what steps to take, that is shown by the voter participation rate for most Mayor elections

Bad move on the murder charge.
Why?

Second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life.

That doesn't fit this case??!?

Why?

Second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life.

Because he's gonna get off on 2 murder charges now. Prove intent beyond a reasonable doubt. All the cop has to do is state that his intent was to subdue the guy until they could transport him safely and suddenly there is doubt in at least 1 jurors mind. Its also going to lead to the other 3 getting off completely.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Because he's gonna get off on 2 murder charges now. Prove intent beyond a reasonable doubt. All the cop has to do is state that his intent was to subdue the guy until they could transport him safely and suddenly there is doubt in at least 1 jurors mind.
I'd like to believe that a jury would be smarter than that.

I'd like to believe that a jury would be smarter than that.
Can you see how any particular person might question whether or not the cop intended to injure/kill Floyd though? Or question whether he was acting recklessly when it took 3 cops to keep him on the ground? SK8 was right in the beginning when he said this isnt going to be as cut and dried as it seems. Sucks, but its true.

Why?

That’s not the Minnesota definition.

Can you see how any particular person might question whether or not the cop intended to injure/kill Floyd though? Or question whether he was acting recklessly when it took 3 cops to keep him on the ground? SK8 was right in the beginning when he said this isnt going to be as cut and dried as it seems. Sucks, but its true.
The ME’s report shows no injury to the neck and trachea along with no hemorrhaging consistent with asphyxia. It also shows a tox screen with caffeine, meth, fentanyl, THC, and morphine. It’s not hard to see a defense team constructing a narrative where Floyd’s drug binge killed him and these officers had the unfortunate circumstance to have to deal with him. Which, of course, is skewed heavily in favor of the police because it’s a defense narrative. But given the ME’s report, the video of him flopping himself to the ground repeatedly resisting arrest, the testimony that Floyd said the officers weren’t taking him to jail, and the officer’s testimony about whatever happened in that car, I can see where a defense attorney has room to create some reasonable doubt.

I am afraid for America right now if these officers are not convicted. I abhor mob justice dictating what happens in a courtroom, but I’ve experienced enough bad things in my life that I am no longer one to think that binary choices based on idealism are realistic or good.

The thing is, it’s going to be months and months until we even see a trial for this. What are we going to do in the meantime?

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazyhole
Because he's gonna get off on 2 murder charges now. Prove intent beyond a reasonable doubt. All the cop has to do is state that his intent was to subdue the guy until they could transport him safely and suddenly there is doubt in at least 1 jurors mind. Its also going to lead to the other 3 getting off completely.
You like conspiracy theories right? Tell me how this turns out poorly for Keith Ellison. Take some time to think about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT