ADVERTISEMENT

"What was he doing wrong?"

then why do they do it? And why is it accepted?
It’s not. I am being a bit semantic and I apologize if it comes off as being an asshole but it’s important. Chokeholds are designed to take away the air supply of the person. Force is applied to the trachea thus restricting the ability to draw in air. Someone who has had a forceful chokehold applied to them will have difficulty speaking and, if they are able to speak, will have a squeaky voice and raspy breath. These are dangerous and, AFAIK, are not taught in academies nor are they present in police policies as authorized techniques. So when every police Chief comes out and says that no department authorized a chokehold, they are most likely right. There would be damage around and to the trachea and distinct signs of asphyxiation in the pathology.

What has been taught are vascular restraints, or what MPD is now referring to as conscious or unconscious neck restraints. Force is applied to the side of the neck where the blood vessels are in an attempt to cut off the flow of blood to the brain and make the person lose consciousness. The person is breathing the whole time and can talk Normally until they pass out. They can answer questions and then they are asleep. There is no damage to the trachea and no asphyxiation. This can be applied by the arms in a v-hold where the elbow is centered over the trachea or by a knee or arm to the neck. This technique exists in many PD policies and did in the MPD until yesterday.

The vascular restraint is less dangerous and considered non-lethal but still high risk. Eric Garner’s case was a vascular restraint that may have slipped a bit causing some stress on his breathing. George Floyd’s vascular restraint acted like a vascular restraint in that Floyd could talk, wasn’t rasping of breath, and then nothing. But obviously that nothing was catastrophic. IMO, given the approved nature of the vascular restraint, it’s at the point of apparent loss of consciousness that they assessed him and then didn’t instantly react with lifesaving measures that this group went criminal. Which assumes that they were right in restraining him that way in the first place, which is something that is not certain and needs to be established. Either one of those cases says manslaughter to me, at least for the two senior officers.

As I’ve said before, I’m all for eliminating vascular restraints as being too dangerous. The only worry that I have is that it is one of the non/less lethal tools that officers can use without resorting to a firearm. The more of those that we eliminate, the more you’ll see officers go straight to presenting their weapon because they don’t have any other viable option. But maybe this option is too high-risk to be viable as well.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it gives some context to what happened. Looks like Floyd was on drugs, had drugs in his possession, and resisted arrest.

So much for the narrative that he was trying to get his life back in order after spending 8 of the last 20 years in prison.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it gives some context to what happened. Looks like Floyd was on drugs, had drugs in his possession, and resisted arrest.

So much for the narrative that he was trying to get his life back in order after spending 8 of the last 20 years in prison.

I'm more than happy to say he's a piece of shit druggie. ZFG.

There are some bad police out there, but they aren’t exactly brutalizing model black citizens
That’s a fact. This has been blown out of proportion as far as the big picture is concerned

However, those police officers all murdered George Floyd

There are some bad police out there, but they aren’t exactly brutalizing model black citizens
That’s a fact. This has been blown out of proportion as far as the big picture is concerned

However, those police officers all murdered George Floyd
I don't think you can lay a murder accusation at all of them. To me, the term murder comes with intent and malice. I think the cop with his knee on Floyd's neck crossed that line, but there's no way I would say the other 3 did unless something else surfaces.

It's not a goddamn fact that every black person that is abused by police had it coming in some small way bc they werent a model citizen. Don't start this bullshit.
Hope that you weren’t referring to my statements and twisting my words and drawing your own conclusions from my statements

Are the police targeting and murdering unarmed blacks or not?

The statistics say that they aren’t. Even if they commit crimes

They CERTAINLY AREN’T KILLING MODELS
CITIZENS BLACK OR WHITE.

Let’s abolish the police and see how it goes

Last edited:
I don't think you can lay a murder accusation at all of them. To me, the term murder comes with intent and malice. I think the cop with his knee on Floyd's neck crossed that line, but there's no way I would say the other 3 did unless something else surfaces.
Meh.., not a big fan of watching other police stand around and watch one police officer kill a man

Technically they didn’t murder him, but they could have stopped it EASILY

Meh.., not a big fan of watching other police stand around and watch one police officer kill a man

Technically they didn’t murder him, but they could have stopped it EASILY

Easily is pretty subjective. Thats like saying that a doctor prescribed a lethal dose of a drug accidentally and the 3 nurses that were monitoring the patient are equally culpable. Try to stop it and lose your job, or follow your superiors and hope for the best. What should the other cops have done? Tackle him? Sure it would have probably saved Floyds life but unless they were positive of his imminent death and could prove it, its not realistic for anybody to take that leap.

Who said this?
I think that he was implying that I did. Who knows. I am saying that if George Floyd wasn’t in this situation, then this would have never happened. That simply can’t be argued

However, unfortunately it happened. It’s not his fault, but to say police are targeting and killing unarmed black people who commit crimes is a reach

Easily is pretty subjective. Thats like saying that a doctor prescribed a lethal dose of a drug accidentally and the 3 nurses that were monitoring the patient are equally culpable. Try to stop it and lose your job, or follow your superiors and hope for the best. What should the other cops have done? Tackle him? Sure it would have probably saved Floyds life but unless they were positive of his imminent death and could prove it, its not realistic for anybody to take that leap.
That’s not exactly the same argument. Nazi war criminals tried that argument and it didn’t work

They are going to get some sort of punishment. If these cops walk you haven’t seen anything like the riots that we have been seeing

Still shouldn't have died over this, but I guess reckless actions lead to bad results sometimes
This. I don’t buy that police are generally targeting blacks in this country. I think there are some bad police, but the majority are good people.

Hope that you weren’t referring to my statements and twisting my words and drawing your own conclusions from my statements
Nobody here needs to twist these words:
There are some bad police out there, but they aren’t exactly brutalizing model black citizens. That’s a fact.
Archie Williams might respectfully disagree with you.

This 58-year old Black man who was recently on America's Got Talent spent 37 years behind bars for aggravated rape and attempted murder of a white woman who testified in court that he was the guy.

Except he wasn't. He was freed from his life sentence in 2019 when DNA said he wasn't the guy after all. Oops.

Are the police targeting and murdering unarmed blacks or not?

The statistics say that they aren’t. Even if they commit crimes

They CERTAINLY AREN’T KILLING MODELS
CITIZENS BLACK OR WHITE.

Let’s abolish the police and see how it goes
1. Chris is good people and very fair and open minded. If he missed your meaning, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

2. The post he responded to from you, you mentioned that cops weren’t “brutalizing” model citizens. There have been a multitude of cases over the years where cops have brutalized decent black citizens who were model and the interaction went bad through no fault of the civilian. I believe that the frequency of this has dropped significantly but don’t have any statistics for this.

Reactions: Crazyhole

This 58-year old Black man who was recently on America's Got Talent spent 37 years behind bars for aggravated rape and attempted murder of a white woman who testified in court that he was the guy.

Except he wasn't. He was freed from his life sentence in 2019 when DNA said he wasn't the guy after all.
This happens to people from all races.

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Except he wasn't. He was freed from his life sentence in 2019 when DNA said he wasn't the guy after all. Oops.
That’s not the same argument at all?

1. Chris is good people and very fair and open minded. If he missed your meaning, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

2. The post he responded to from you, you mentioned that cops weren’t “brutalizing” model citizens. There have been a multitude of cases over the years where cops have brutalized decent black citizens who were model and the interaction went bad through no fault of the civilian. I believe that the frequency of this has dropped significantly but don’t have any statistics for this.
1) Ok thanks. I understand

2) Correct. The frequency of this has dropped significantly, so we are making progress. However, every case is much much more visible now with the media and social media

BTW, cops have brutalized countless decent white citizens who I even know

Why? Some cops are bad cops. It’s unfortunate

My point is this. The same goes for rioters and curfew breakers. Bad actions will sometimes result in bad outcomes. Avoid them

The 2 that come to mind are philandro Castille and Charles kinsey. TBH, other than those 2 I can't think of any cop on black violence in the last 20 years that didn't involve a crime of some sort. That doesnt excuse the officers in a multitude of other stories, but at the same time you can point to an equal or greater number of situations that involved white people.

I just feel that black citizens in this country think that all the police are out to get them and that this is getting worse. I don’t think that’s true. Statistically, it’s improving and now these violent riots are threatening to increase racial tensions and the gains that were made

The 2 that come to mind are philandro Castille and Charles kinsey. TBH, other than those 2 I can't think of any cop on black violence in the last 20 years that didn't involve a crime of some sort. That doesnt excuse the officers in a multitude of other stories, but at the same time you can point to an equal or greater number of situations that involved white people.
Problem is that this was bad and made so publicly aware via the media

Add the frustrations of lockdowns and weak and divided leadership in major cities and now you have a mess

I just feel that black citizens in this country think that all the police are out to get them and that this is getting worse. I don’t think that’s true. Statistically, it’s improving and now these violent riots are threatening to increase racial tensions and the gains that were made
"gains that were made?"

Dude, we're 28 years away from Rodney King, 50+ from MLK's assassination, and black people still feel the need to protest police violence. What f*cking gains have been made?

"gains that were made?"

Dude, we're 28 years away from Rodney King, 50+ from MLK's assassination, and black people still feel the need to protest police violence. What f*cking gains have been made?
Statistics show otherwise. If they want to protest every incident that’s on them. Peaceful protests are fine. The violent ones have nothing to do with George Floyd. That’s obvious. White people can do the same protests too. They should.

I work hand in hand with 2 younger black women everyday, hangout with one of their husbands who’s white, and go to every football game with him. She’s worked for me for 14 years

I date black women often. I don’t have these issues in my circle. Was this comfort level between whites and blacks as common in 1968??? I don’t think so

My parents were from NYC. They tried to tell me stories that black people were bad news. I went to college and learned otherwise. Things are changing.

Why do they feel the need to protest police violence? I don’t know. I’ll ask one if I run into them. I worked today and the woman that I work with has been given a lot of very fair opportunities and she thinks that these protests are “stupid.” She’s never been arrested, so I guess she’s never had the opportunity to interact with the police in such a manner

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT