ADVERTISEMENT

"What was he doing wrong?"

What is 'acting suspiciously'? He spent 2-3 minutes at the construction site getting a drink of water (like many other people in the neighborhood did.) Did the McMichaels' 'start a conversation' or jump in their pick-up truck with shotguns?

I live in a neighborhood association with a stocked fishing lake for catch and release. There are all kinds of nonresidents (typically extended family and friends) who fish at the lake. Last year a young Black family moved into the area (but not in the association) and the father and his little boy have been seen fishing on the lake.

This month's Association newsletter reported that our Board is considering posting 'NO TRESPASSING' signs because of a, quote, "significant increase" in the number of nonresidents seen in the area.

I've lived in this neighborhood a long time and haven't noticed this supposed "significant increase" in nonresidents. Gee, I wonder what prompted this? Any idea? ;)

So you're a member of a racist association. Are we supposed to be surprised by this?

What does that comment have to do with me asking you if it's ok to start a conversation with someone who you think is acting suspiciously and you basically calling me a racist?

HE HAD CARGO SHORTS ON AND WAS RUNNING!!!!!!!!!! WHO IN THE FUKC RUNS IN CARGO SHORTS?!?!?!?!?!??!

What is 'acting suspiciously'? He spent 2-3 minutes at the construction site getting a drink of water (like many other people in the neighborhood did.) Did the McMichaels' 'start a conversation' or jump in their pick-up truck with shotguns?

I live in a neighborhood association with a stocked fishing lake for catch and release. There are all kinds of nonresidents (typically extended family and friends) who fish at the lake. Last year a young Black family moved into the area (but not in the association) and the father and his little boy have been seen fishing on the lake.

This month's Association newsletter reported that our Board is considering posting 'NO TRESPASSING' signs because of a, quote, "significant increase" in the number of nonresidents seen in the area.

I've lived in this neighborhood a long time and haven't noticed this supposed "significant increase" in nonresidents. Gee, I wonder what prompted this? Any idea? ;)
There are all kinds of "acting suspciously" but I'll give you one. Someone is going door-to-door looking in the front windows of all the houses. This isn't a crime but is suspicious. It could be a realtor, it could be someone collecting door-to-door for charity, it could be a criminal casing houses, it could be anything but it is suspicious. So you walk down to the end of your driveway and then follow him a bit to see if he's looking in multiple houses or just one. Is that wrong?

Someone is going door-to-door looking in the front windows of all the houses. This isn't a crime but is suspicious. It could be a realtor, it could be someone collecting door-to-door for charity, it could be a criminal casing houses, it could be anything but it is suspicious. So you walk down to the end of your driveway and then follow him a bit to see if he's looking in multiple houses or just one. Is that wrong?
No, but if you read my earlier post I specifically said "without provocation." Walking through a neighborhood -- or sitting in a car -- is not, IMHO, provocation. And if a person steps inside a construction site for a couple of minutes to get a drink of water (like many others in the neighborhood) that doesn't strike me as the kind of suspicious activity that warrants getting out the shotguns.

Like my neighborhood association, suddenly 'nonresidents' in the area has become an issue when neighbors see a Black man and his 9 year old son walking to the lake with their fishing poles.

No, but if you read my earlier post I specifically said "without provocation." Walking through a neighborhood -- or sitting in a car -- is not, IMHO, provocation. And if a person steps inside a construction site for a couple of minutes to get a drink of water (like many others in the neighborhood) that doesn't strike me as the kind of suspicious activity that warrants getting out the shotguns.

Like my neighborhood association, suddenly 'nonresidents' in the area has become an issue when neighbors see a Black man and his son walking to the lake with their fishing poles.
Do you have any proof that the reason for the HOA making that statement was because they saw black people, or are you just race baiting again?

I grew up in a small town (pop. 6500). One night when I was 17 or 18, I was driving around town with a buddy when one of the town's cops pulled me over. My buddy and I weren't drinking or doing anything wrong so I was flabbergasted why I was being pulled over.

When he approached my car, I asked why I had been stopped. He didn't answer me and instead flashed his flashlight at my and my buddy's face and in the front and back seats of my car. I again asked what I was being stopped for. (Being a teenager, I recall asking the second time around with a bit of an attitude.) He ignored me and then in a "I'm not taking any shit" voice, asked for my drivers license.

I handed it to him and when he saw my last name, his face lightened and he asked, "Are you Joe's boy?" (everybody knows everybody in small towns and my Dad was a longtime mail carrier) I said yes. He smiled, handed my license back to me and said to have a nice night.

Something tells me that if my friend and I were Black and my teenage attitude had been the same, that evening would have turned out very differently.

I had a situation like that in HS too. The same cop pulled me over 3 or 4 times, never ticketed me for anything, could never even really tell me why he pulled me over. The last time he made me get out and put my hands on the hood, and told me I was tailing the car in front of me too close. I was literally at a stop light, and the first car in line at the light, there wasnt a car within 200 yards in front of me. Regardless, when I told my dad he went to the station and starting demanding answers from the chief (who he knew), and needless to say this dude never pulled me over again, and I think ended up going to a different town. Of course if my dad wasnt a respected person in town, who knows where that would have ended up.

I had a situation like that in HS too. The same cop pulled me over 3 or 4 times, never ticketed me for anything, could never even really tell me why he pulled me over. The last time he made me get out and put my hands on the hood, and told me I was tailing the car in front of me too close. I was literally at a stop light, and the first car in line at the light, there wasnt a car within 200 yards in front of me. Regardless, when I told my dad he went to the station and starting demanding answers from the chief (who he knew), and needless to say this dude never pulled me over again, and I think ended up going to a different town. Of course if my dad wasnt a respected person in town, who knows where that would have ended up.
I think we've all had experiences like that. Sometimes cops, especially young ones, get a power trip and act outside of the bounds of their job.

I think we've all had experiences like that. Sometimes cops, especially young ones, get a power trip and act outside of the bounds of their job.

We have too many cops who quite simply dont have the temperament to be cops and should work in a different profession. These are the exact types of situations that lead to bad things happening for no real reason.

We have too many cops who quite simply dont have the temperament to be cops and should work in a different profession. These are the exact types of situations that lead to bad things happening for no real reason.
My experience is that those types of officers are being replaced in departments.

I had a situation like that in HS too. The same cop pulled me over 3 or 4 times, never ticketed me for anything, could never even really tell me why he pulled me over. The last time he made me get out and put my hands on the hood, and told me I was tailing the car in front of me too close. I was literally at a stop light, and the first car in line at the light, there wasnt a car within 200 yards in front of me.
I had friends in high school who were picked on like this too. It's the reason I have sympathy for Black guys who constantly have to deal with this kind of bullshit.

Fortunately for most of us, we had a way out of this nonsense, but this kind of 'presumed guilt for something I might find if I look hard enough' or a simple 'I want to harass you for the fun of it' attitude is ridiculous.

Maybe sk8knight is right and officers are much more professional nowadays. But my gut says there are still plenty of these characters who remain on the force.

I had friends in high school who were picked on like this too. It's the reason I have sympathy for Black guys who constantly have to deal with this kind of bullshit.

Fortunately for most of us, we had a way out of this nonsense, but this kind of 'presumed guilt for something I might find if I look hard enough' or a simple 'I want to harass you for the fun of it' attitude is ridiculous.

Maybe sk8knight is right and officers are much more professional nowadays. But my gut says there are still plenty of these characters who remain on the force.

What kind of hell hole do you live in? We treat everyone equal around here. I'm pretty sure you're worried about the 1,000s of black people murdered in Chicago. Oh yeah...you don't pay attention to those. You can't have a community of Intercity jobs without the businesses being safe to operate.

Back to the original topic:

Not at all sure if this is substantiated, but allegedly there were multiple 911 calls made about Arbury prior to the incident, including from the guys that shot him. Also "allegedly", the full video shows Arbury being an aggressor and lunging towards the gun after doubling back towards them.

If true, this makes the case nowhere near as cut-and-dried as LeBrons claim that black people are hunted as soon as they leave the house.

And before I'm slammed for that, I think it was stupid that a gun was involved in the first place. The dude didn't need to die regardless of the circumstances leading up to this.

Back to the original topic:
Not at all sure if this is substantiated, but allegedly there were multiple 911 calls made about Arbury prior to the incident, including from the guys that shot him.
Yeah a Black jogger in a White neighborhood is certainly 911 worthy! :rolleyes:
Also "allegedly", the full video shows Arbury being an aggressor and lunging towards the gun after doubling back towards them.
If the unarmed Black jogger lunged at Bubba Jr. and the gun he had pointed at him, that there sounds like justifiable self-defense to me, by golly! :rolleyes:
If true, this makes the case nowhere near as cut-and-dried as LeBrons claim that black people are hunted as soon as they leave the house.
Thanks for clearing that common misperception up for us, Crazy!
The dude didn't need to die regardless of the circumstances leading up to this.
Yeah but given the compelling circumstances leading up to this that you shared, are you sure? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If the unarmed Black jogger lunged at Bubba Jr. and the gun he had pointed at him, that there sounds like justifiable self-defense to me, by golly! :rolleyes:
Yeah but given the compelling circumstances leading up to this that you shared, are you sure? :rolleyes:

Great, you have already made up your mind on this. Nobody is surprised by that. No facts, video, statements, or testimony will come out ever that affects your opinion that this was racially motivated in a manner that is reminiscent of the Democrat party circa 1960.

Great, you have already made up your mind on this. Nobody is surprised by that. No facts, video, statements, or testimony will come out ever that affects your opinion that this was racially motivated in a manner that is reminiscent of the Democrat party circa 1960.
Geez, sorry to rain on your parade.

This one is different from the usual, though. There's video that makes an 'I feared for my life' defense a tad bit harder to swallow.

Geez, sorry to rain on your parade.

This one is different from the usual, though. There's video that makes an 'I feared for my life' defense a tad bit harder to swallow.
A video that shows the deceased struggling with a man carrying a gun. That is hardly enough evidence to know what happened.

A video that shows the deceased struggling with a man carrying a gun. That is hardly enough evidence to know what happened.
A second before, the victim is seen jogging down the street.

Let me guess, road rage right? :)

What was he doing in a white neighborhood? Why not check it out? If the police are busy, why not send the 2nd unit? We must protect our neighborhoods!

What was he doing in a white neighborhood? Why not check it out? If the police are busy, why not send the 2nd unit? We must protect our neighborhoods!

In a white neighborhood, in cargo shorts, supposedly running, blah blah blah. Blast his ass.

But insisting that he was killed because he is black makes them feel better?
I'm sure it's just an emotional crutch the family clings to because we all know that White men are gunned down while jogging through residential neighborhoods in Georgia too.

I'm sure it's just an emotional crutch the family clings to because we all know that White men are gunned down while jogging through residential neighborhoods in Georgia too.
I'm sure you know nothing about the family and have very limited knowledge of the incident, and yet you're ready to give these guys the electric chair.

I'm sure you know nothing about the family and have very limited knowledge of the incident, and yet you're ready to give these guys the electric chair.
I don't believe in the death penalty. :p

I've seen the videos and read the articles -- and like all the other posters who've weighed in on this incident -- I believe Bubba and Bubba Junior are guilty. If the defense had anything to justify what these two yahoos did, don't you think we'd have heard about it by now in an effort to sway public opinion to their side? The best explanation they could come up with was to say that this jogger was seen --- gasp! -- inside a construction site!!! (A place where a number of other people besides the victim were videotaped stopping inside to get a drink of water from a working faucet--but apparently only Black men are chased down for dropping in to hydrate.)

Yes, they're innocent until proven guilty by a court of law, but I'm not the one here saying "wait a sec! wait a sec!" assuming there MUST be incriminating circumstances surrounding this case against this Black jogger that makes his cold-blooded murder justified.

Some of the posters here were giving me the same kind of 'compelling circumstances' shit about the Black guy who was gunned down in the parking lot of 7/11. To be fair though, he DID park in a handicapped stall. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"I believe Bubba and Bubba Jr are guilty".

Fair enough, but guilty of what specifically? What about the guy recording the video? All 3 are charged with murder. Can you state unequivocally that this is a hate crime as you have insinuated? Are there no questions that you feel are left unanswered at this point?

Can you state unequivocally that this is a hate crime as you have insinuated? Are there no questions that you feel are left unanswered at this point?
I didn't say diddily squat about a hate crime. I'm not a big proponent of hate crime charges unless it's clearly documented that the accused had a hatred of Gays, Blacks, Jews, etc.

In 99% of the cases, murder is murder--and this case seems like a clear cut case of murder.

I didn't say diddily squat about a hate crime. I'm not a big proponent of hate crime charges unless it's clearly documented that the accused had a hatred of Gays, Blacks, Jews, etc.

In 99% of the cases, murder is murder--and this case seems like a clear cut case of murder.
You have claimed that this was racially motivated but it isnt a hate crime? How does that work?

Should all 3 guys receive the same charge and sentence when only 1 pulled the trigger during a struggle over the gun?

You have claimed that this was racially motivated but it isnt a hate crime? How does that work?
I'm no lawyer, but I've always assumed that a 'hate crime' designation was reserved for the lowlifes who have a documented history of hating Gays, Blacks, etc. (e.g. skinheads, Nazis, Gay-bashers).
Should all 3 guys receive the same charge and sentence when only 1 pulled the trigger during a struggle over the gun?
Again, I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that when someone dies during the commission of a crime, they all get charged with murder.

I'm no lawyer, but I've always assumed that a 'hate crime' designation was reserved for the lowlifes who have a documented history of hating Gays, Blacks, etc. (e.g. skinheads, Nazis, Gay-bashers).
Again, I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure that when someone dies during the commission of a crime, they all get charged with murder.
Again, avoiding the question. Should the guy that was recording this be charged with murder? Let's start with that, and I'm only asking your opinion, not what the law states.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT