ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

I"d have to question Tenn as well. I've been in that stadium for many games and some big ones. Was not impressed. although 110,000, I didn't think it was that loud. the open and wide shape of the stadium seems to make the noise dissipate quickly out to open air with nothing to bounce against and not resonate.

Definitely the Swamp has been the loudest I've been in. The bounce house I wear ear plugs to not hurt my hearing. I'm sure others are loud as well.

Tampa Stadium during a duh*bulls game...don't know, ever since 64-12 I've boycotted going to that game. But, the UF-UCF bowl game got pretty loud.

Yet another stupid post on the crap pen from some Forest Gump IQ moron calling himself Triple B (probably the name of the trailer park he lives in):

"Thanks for the further info but, honestly, all I could really focus on in there was Mikey Keene ..... Does he really go by Mikey??"

This from a team that starts a QB named TIMMY....
That lost to the team with the QB named Mikey! Might wanna think just a little deeper before you try to burn another team, especially when yours is a dumpster 🔥.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I’m thinking they used decibel levels. That would explain how we at +/-45000 can be louder than an 80000 seat stadium. Anyone that has been to one of the conference CGs or when Game Day was there knows it’s insanely loud. Several opposing coaches have commented on that, as did our BFF Kirk . 🤮🤣
I believe this guy makes all sorts of lists, none of them particularly scientific - so its anecdotal/opinion-based.

They’re usually entertaining, at least.

Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry! Gerry!

Wonder how this sits with the freshman QB that looks like he has some potential??
Might need the competition in the QB room. Whether he starts or not, I'm certain their team will be better this year. Not great, but could be a threat to pull off an upset.

107 USF Bulls​

Final Rankings: 2021: 103 2020: 113 2019: 104

Week 0: OPEN DATE

Week 1: BYU

It’s been a long fight to get USF back to respectability, and it might take a little it longer under Jeff Scott. Depth is a big problem, but that’s a luxury for a team that still needs a good starting 22.

Reactions: Knight Strength

22 UCF Knights​

Final Rankings: 2021: 48 2020: 70 2019: 19

Week 0: OPEN DATE

Week 1: South Carolina State

Bowls are exhibitions and there’s almost never any correlation between what happens in them and how a team does the next season, but the win over Florida set a tone. The help from the transfer portal should be enough – with an already great group in place – to get UCF back on top of the American Athletic Conference.

$400 Million? Look out here comes bounce house west!!
usf is trying to build a stadium with the following factors in place:

-record inflation
-record costs for metals
-a stock market that has lost all gains we saw under the Trump administration
-rising interest rates
-WWIII brewing in the east

Oh, and let's not forget they they will try to do all of this while playing the likes of:

FAU
Charlotte
San Antonio
Tulane
Eastern Carolina
UAB
Rice
North Texas

Good. Freaking. Luck. Buttercup.

Meanwhile on in the Pen they are asking why "they cancelled the Miami rivalry" LOL! Some of them actually think that Miami considered them a rival. This is the same mistake I think some of us make and that is thinking you get to choose a rival, or by having multiple games against someone makes you rivals. There has to more to the hate than that. There has to be some true bond to the hate. That is difficult to find.

I'm just trying to wrap my tiny brain around how it must feel to be a bulls fan. They have basically lost to us in EVERYTHING over the past 5 years.

What must be going through their heads?

I'm just trying to wrap my tiny brain around how it must feel to be a bulls fan. They have basically lost to us in EVERYTHING over the past 5 years.

A few of them seem to have some sense....saying "we suck until we don't" and recognizing what the Big12 invite it means to our program and what the lack of invite means to theirs .

One day they won't suck (maybe, provided they don't shut the program down)...but for now it is fun watching them suck...in every aspect of their athletic program!!

Last edited:

We’ve been dominating in football, but They still have programs which compete with us consistently. Mens soccer, baseball, softball, both basketball teams - I would say they all trade wins with us year to year on average.

which is the real head scratcher to me.

Reactions: Knight Strength
My hate for both usf and UF is VERY strong.
The UF hate is bi-directional at this point. But the cool thing is ... UF now wants to play us. They say it was stupid to play us in the bowl last year, but most of them wanted it. They thought they would steamroller us. Then reality set in.

S. Florida ... I pity. I'm just glad it's changed from only 3-4 people at the Bullspen realizing the obviousness of the truth to now 30-40% of them. They realize it had nothing to do with UCF, but their own lack of improving their program.

They had everything ... given everything ... and pissed it away.

Last edited:
This is myth IMHO. They were granted a seat at the table but they were never what the Bulls thought they were. #2 was a farce and a series of events that would not last. They were a program built on a pillar of sand and was doomed to fail. They were like that freshman who gets invited to the senior party and thinks that these are their new friends but in truth nobody cared much about them. But after they got rejected their freshman buddies were not good enough for them. As a result they alienated everyone and don't fit anywhere.

This is myth IMHO. They were granted a seat at the table but they were never what the Bulls thought they were.
Okay, I'll step back and re-phrase ...

They thought they had almost everything ...
... when they were just given an unearned, but almost everything opportunity
... and they even managed to piss that opportunity away!

So, I agree. You're right.

#2 was a farce and a series of events that would not last.
Built on hardship waivers and piss poor APR, not graduating anyone, well below everyone else in the Big East. They were a stain. Everyone agreed.

They brought in Skip ... and he brought the APR way, way up. Unfortunately they fired him because they didn't like the on-the-field product.

And thus began their vicious cycle.

They were a program built on a pillar of sand and was doomed to fail. They were like that freshman who gets invited to the senior party and thinks that these are their new friends but in truth nobody cared much about them. But after they got rejected their freshman buddies were not good enough for them. As a result they alienated everyone and don't fit anywhere.
Yep. Totally agree.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
My hate for both usf and UF is VERY strong.
“Hate” is such a visceral word and I try to avoid using it.
But I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dislike both USF and UF. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: UCFBS
“Hate” is such a visceral word and I try to avoid using it.
But I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really dislike both USF and UF. 😉
Yup, agreed, but in this case it’s hate.

Reactions: Drew-C-F
Meanwhile on in the Pen they are asking why "they cancelled the Miami rivalry" LOL! Some of them actually think that Miami considered them a rival. This is the same mistake I think some of us make and that is thinking you get to choose a rival, or by having multiple games against someone makes you rivals. There has to more to the hate than that. There has to be some true bond to the hate. That is difficult to find.
They key is you have to play each other in games that matter. Yes, the fanbases can keep things rolling, like with us and USF, but for it to be a true, heated rivalry hardware has to be on the line when you play each other. That, unfortunately, has been rare for the two of us. Either we have been hot, or they have...well....they haven't done anything.....haha. 2017 is a prime example of the one time the game was played with everything on the line. USF wins that game, then we don't even play for the AAC title.

They key is you have to play each other in games that matter. Yes, the fanbases can keep things rolling, like with us and USF, but for it to be a true, heated rivalry hardware has to be on the line when you play each other. That, unfortunately, has been rare for the two of us. Either we have been hot, or they have...well....they haven't done anything.....haha. 2017 is a prime example of the one time the game was played with everything on the line. USF wins that game, then we don't even play for the AAC title.
Yep, until Mike Hughes broke their program in 9 seconds.

This is where I disagree. A true rivalry is for the bragging rights alone. A true rivalry means you are having a lousy season, but it can be saved simply by beating your rival and keeping them from having a better year. There is nothing more on the line. If there is, that is better, but it is totally unnecessary.

17 hours ago, Cubanbull said:
Amazingly USF finished last-in Football, Basketball and Baseball.
And all of those coaches received extensions. Stellar athletic program that Michael Kelly is leading.

Edited 17 hours ago by USFRaider

GKCO

This is where I disagree. A true rivalry is for the bragging rights alone. A true rivalry means you are having a lousy season, but it can be saved simply by beating your rival and keeping them from having a better year. There is nothing more on the line. If there is, that is better, but it is totally unnecessary.
Florida fans and even the athletic department are doing everything they can to replace S. Florida as our rival. I'm genuinely shocked how many want us in 2024, let alone even more, now! It's like they want to assert SEC superiority over the Big XII too.

I think S. Florida fans will regret doing everything they can to downplay us. To his credit, their current AD is trying to keep it alive, but the fans just don't seem interested. I don't understand S. Florida fans realizing it's in their interest to play us while we're in the Big XII and they are in the AAC. They are still talking like 2007-2008.

It's just fascinating to see this... something I never expected.

• Dislike
Florida fans and even the athletic department are doing everything they can to replace S. Florida as our rival. I'm genuinely shocked how many want us in 2024, let alone even more, now! It's like they want to assert SEC superiority over the Big XII too.

I think S. Florida fans will regret doing everything they can to downplay us. To his credit, their current AD is trying to keep it alive, but the fans just don't seem interested. I don't understand S. Florida fans realizing it's in their interest to play us while we're in the Big XII and they are in the AAC. They are still talking like 2007-2008.

It's just fascinating to see this... something I never expected.
Florida has hate from all directions. Although everyone hates them FSU and UGA are really their rivals (I also graduated from UF after UCF) . We are not going to supplant that. They are pissed that they lost to us and are nervous about our continued success but in the end they don't really have room for another rivalry. If we beat them in 2024 it would be epic. But I doubt that they will ever see us a rival. Not in the true sense of the word.

The cow fans have never changed. They were arrogant self-delusional fans in 2007 and they remain so today. It was the epitome of cow arrogance to put up the "welcome to the Big 4" billboards. They actually believed it and they still believe that is their rightful place. They cannot get past the fact that they were "demoted" to the AAC despite the fact that was where their program really was. Now they are being demoted a second time and they believe that they are just an OCS away from a B12 invite despite having no championships, no fan support and no brand to speak of.

Florida has hate from all directions. Although everyone hates them FSU and UGA are really their rivals (I also graduated from UF after UCF) . We are not going to supplant that. They are pissed that they lost to us and are nervous about our continued success but in the end they don't really have room for another rivalry. If we beat them in 2024 it would be epic. But I doubt that they will ever see us a rival. Not in the true sense of the word.
Before 5 years ago, I would have agreed with you. But 2017-2018 seemed to have brought out a new level of hate for UCF, unlike what 2013 did. By 2019, and us roasting Stanford and getting major love from CGD (even if it was short lived), the Gator fans I know all changed. They wanted UCF. They even started the Meme they wanted UCF.

The Bowl loss to us not only kicked it up a notch, but I was shocked how many Gators weren't ignorant of our own struggles, and now we're more complementary, but definitely want to make it a regular thing. In fact, every Gator fan I know literally wants both Florida and UCF to be at their best in 2024 so they can assert their SEC superiority over the Big XII.

It's really changed, most from 2019+, but into a new form after the loss to end 2022. It's really shocking to see now... especially how many Florida fans that are *not* just 'Walmart T-shirt' fans, and know our successes and well as their various losses to us (like basketball, and us getting ranked). Even the 'commuter' tag insult by T-shirt Gator fans will now get real Gator fans to tell them to shut up.

They literally see us like a rising like FSU and Miami in the '80s and '90s, because we are having enough success across several coaches, not just once.

The cow fans have never changed. They were arrogant self-delusional fans in 2007 and they remain so today. It was the epitome of cow arrogance to put up the "welcome to the Big 4" billboards. They actually believed it and they still believe that is their rightful place. They cannot get past the fact that they were "demoted" to the AAC despite the fact that was where their program really was. Now they are being demoted a second time and they believe that they are just an OCS away from a B12 invite despite having no championships, no fan support and no brand to speak of.
Well, in the rivalry, they haven't changed.

But on the investment front, yeah, it's gone from 3-4 posters on the Bullspen to 30-40%. They get it. They realize investment is required.

But they are still lost overall on why rivalries are important.

• Dislike
The Gator fans that I know have all turned from hoping we do well, we aren’t a threat to being pure hate triggered with anything UCF. Of course those are the Orlando Gator fans (tons of them) who have to go to work and deal with us in our backyard everyday. That might have them extra triggered, but seems like the SEC across the board hates us. Like REAL hate. It tells you we’ve made it!

No they haven’t. I still don’t believe they will be able to finance a stadium on their own, there is no unified support. Wait until they significantly raise student fees for a program the students don’t support.

There are so many better options for the B12 than them. The league needs to establish a better Mountain area presence with teams like Boise St, Colorado St, and Utah St. Past that, Memphis is a good add and have a workable plan to expand facilities.

We will leave usf for the SEC like they think they deserve.

ADVERTISEMENT