ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

Under the category of “Oh no we suck again”

The former Taj Mahal that the “intellectually superior” usf was going to build is now being reduced to a Texas high school size 35,000 seat stadium, and will only be the 6th largest in the newly watered down AAC.

And of course they are saying that stadium size won’t matter in the next wave of expansion......gotta love ‘em, caviar dreams, trailer park budget.
No way it won’t be an “erector set” like stadium setup too at 35,000 and their budget. Please make it happen and make it shitty.

Idk, I think A HS sized stadium for us would have been better than playing in the citrus bowl (Assuming it’s on campus)
Well the Citrus bowl was a dump in 2004. An NFL stadium is a much different thing. Plus we are talking over a 20 year difference, look how much more money there is these days. A team looking to move up just can’t build such a small stadium in 2025.....it’s obvious they aren’t taking this seriously, typical usf gameplan.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Well the Citrus bowl was a dump in 2004. An NFL stadium is a much different thing. Plus we are talking over a 20 year difference, look how much more money there is these days. A team looking to move up just can’t build such a small stadium in 2025.....it’s obvious they aren’t taking this seriously, typical usf gameplan.
oh yeah, the citrus bowl and Raymond James are very different in terms of amenities - but in the context of having the best gameday atmosphere, you still really need to be on campus IMO.

For the capacity discussion, I still don’t see 35k as that bad for a team that barely has 35 people in attendance. Even for ucf, the number of empty seats we have for some games is sad.

Reactions: Knight Strength
As a Student , going to CB for games wasn’t bad. Huge lots and you didn’t have campus police trying to catch you drinking. Only downfall was the 25 minute drive.

Remember when they used to complain about our small stadium, and how when they build their Taj Mahal on campus it will be glorious. And they would never build one as small as ours?

Now look at what they are trying to sell their fans: a huge dose of irony.

Reactions: UCFBS
As a Student , going to CB for games wasn’t bad.
Really? Because my experience was totally different.

Huge lots
Huh?

and you didn’t have campus police trying to catch you drinking.
No, not campus police, just regular police ... shooting the undercover campus police trying to bust kids for underage drinking.

Only downfall was the 25 minute drive.
It was even worse after the game getting home ... more like 2 hours and 25 minutes.

Really? Because my experience was totally different.

Huh?

No, not campus police, just regular police ... shooting the undercover campus police trying to bust kids for underage drinking.

It was even worse after the game getting home ... more like 2 hours and 25 minutes.
I went before the shooting incident. We never really got bothered as long as we were using solo cups and the keg was in a pickup truck. We had fun. Sorry you didn’t. I’ve actually had harder times leaving after Bounce House than CB. Not as many people went and more people carpooled. Only times it was hard to get parking was when FAMU played before us. Only once per year.
Beer was actually easier inside too. They walked around selling it.

I went before the shooting incident. We never really got bothered as long as we were using solo cups and the keg was in a pickup truck. We had fun. Sorry you didn’t. I’ve actually had harder times leaving after Bounce House than CB.
I guess I'm in E6 or Softball and can get out, directly heading north to Oviedo.

Not as many people went and more people carpooled. Only times it was hard to get parking was when FAMU played before us. Only once per year.
I never liked the Citrus Dump. I never will.

I went before the shooting incident. We never really got bothered as long as we were using solo cups and the keg was in a pickup truck. We had fun. Sorry you didn’t. I’ve actually had harder times leaving after Bounce House than CB. Not as many people went and more people carpooled. Only times it was hard to get parking was when FAMU played before us. Only once per year.
My experience was not great either.

Just curious, which years are we talking about here? My time at ucf bridged the move on campus, so the games I went to were the last of the Citrus bowl times.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
The experience at the CB was fun just because it is what we had and we made the most of it. The gameday/tailgate experience at the bounce house blows it so far out of the water it is not even close.

The experience at the CB was fun just because it is what we had and we made the most of it.
^ This!!! Because ...

The gameday/tailgate experience at the bounce house blows it so far out of the water it is not even close.
^ This!!! We all now love-hate our CB experiences! We love remembering the games, and what we made of it outsid the stadium too, but ... now that we have the BH, before then ...

We didn't know any better, and now hate the fact that we didn't have the BH sooner!

We are Knights and we love our football ... going all the way back to Division III, and definitely Division II or I-AA/FCS for many older season ticket holders. Heck, we had all sorts of massive attendance for a D-III and D-II program, and built the program the right way ... no major opponents, we just showed up because we were playing.

The BH then launched it into high gear, and now we realize how bad the CB was.

• Dislike
Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
The BullsPeedAhead forum is getting excited for their delayed IPF and seriously downsized OCS...

My favorite bits are, in no particular order:

- Them thinking putting the locker/training rooms within 100 feet of the IPF and OCS is revolutionary. Ours is set up much the same way).
- That they are now excited for a water feature to be added at the now opened-ended horseshoe shaped OCS design. Didn't they not only try and mock our lazy river idea but also how much bigger they thought their OCS was going to be compared to ours?
- Trying to mock our IPF design while claiming first isn't always best. At least we built one when we knew it was important and didn't wait until it was too late to show a dedication to our athletes. It was all part of the process that allowed us to fly past them in relevance and get invited to a P5 conference before then.

https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/161001-ipf-ocs-informational-updates/

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
rts
Posted Sunday at 03:38 PM

On 6/9/2022 at 9:48 PM, bowman1 said:
For some additional color, this is part of a 125 million dollar improvement project to a stadium that originally cost 55 million. In other words, maybe they should have invested a little more on the front end
:roflmao:

UCF’s Bounce House In Line for $125M In Improvements

The football stadium is set to undergo changes such as a $5.8...

Expand
We laugh at their lazy river and $125 million in planned improvements to stadium. While at the same time checking in daily on the construction of a $20 million IPF that is, to be honest, not a whole lot better than the IPF they built 15 years ago for a fraction of the price.

Lol this is their thought process. Then someone makes this logical statement and gets chastised for it. The usf fan base is so jelly of us, I love it.

rts
Posted Sunday at 03:38 PM

We laugh at their lazy river and $125 million in planned improvements to stadium. While at the same time checking in daily on the construction of a $20 million IPF that is, to be honest, not a whole lot better than the IPF they built 15 years ago for a fraction of the price.

Lol this is their thought process. Then someone makes this logical statement and gets chastised for it. The usf fan base is so jelly of us, I love it.
It's weird to see a few of them still calling our IPF a shed when theirs is exactly the same type of steel building.

As a Student , going to CB for games wasn’t bad. Huge lots and you didn’t have campus police trying to catch you drinking. Only downfall was the 25 minute drive.
I thought for sure this was sarcasm. The CB bowl was a dump, the bathrooms and concessions were trash, the surrounding area was risky, and as others have mentioned they had undercover cops trying to bust underage drinking. It was terrible

I thought for sure this was sarcasm. The CB bowl was a dump, the bathrooms and concessions were trash, the surrounding area was risky, and as others have mentioned they had undercover cops trying to bust underage drinking. It was terrible
Yea, the good old days paying $20 to park in someone's front yard. We used to hang out over the entrance tunnel UCF used before and after the game. Players would toss their gloves and wrist bands to the kids after the game.

definitely a dump but in a way it was like the wild west when it came to tailgating. 3 kegs in a truck bed? Sure. A uhaul filled with furniture? Sure. Shotgunning beers with the homeless? Check

definitely a dump but in a way it was like the wild west when it came to tailgating. 3 kegs in a truck bed? Sure. A uhaul filled with furniture? Sure. Shotgunning beers with the homeless? Check
I don’t gauge how much fun I had on the stadium being nice or on campus. I’m wondering if people didn’t have any fun before Peach or Fiesta Bowls be a they weren’t on campus. I’m guessing people didn’t have huge tailgating parties there. We did. The neighborhood didn’t bother me. After games Downtown was right there. Church Street was good still when I went too.

The best part of playing games at the Citrus Bowl, was stopping at Wally‘s for a couple of large, stiff victory cocktails on the way home. That place was really iconic but unfortunately, I haven’t been there since we opened the Bounce House in 2007.
Has anyone been there recently? Does it even still exist with all the old UCF memorabilia and photos?

The best part of playing games at the Citrus Bowl, was stopping at Wally‘s for a couple of large, stiff victory cocktails on the way home. That place was really iconic but unfortunately, I haven’t been there since we opened the Bounce House in 2007.
Has anyone been there recently? Does it even still exist with all the old UCF memorabilia and photos?

Last edited:
I don’t gauge how much fun I had on the stadium being nice or on campus. I’m wondering if people didn’t have any fun before Peach or Fiesta Bowls be a they weren’t on campus. I’m guessing people didn’t have huge tailgating parties there. We did. The neighborhood didn’t bother me. After games Downtown was right there. Church Street was good still when I went too.
They were fun because it was what you had and you were young and all that stuff. But you have to admit that the atmosphere on the campus is tons better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT