ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

"They have been in a slump in 1 sport for 3-4 years" Someone should remind him how the MBB has been the last several years.
They have NEVER won a conference title, NEVER even played in a title game. Their team has ALWAYS been garbage...3-4 years my ass.

Meanwhile, we have 3.5 championships in 9 years

Reactions: Knight_Light
Incredible that it took that official announcement to wake them up to their failings. Everyone else alive could see it.
I said this when Weatherford first tweeted about the OCS that he wrote it up at the Bar after the ticker broke the UCF Big12 news . It was the most obvious reaction strategy to keep what is left of their fanbase engaged

I posted this before ITT but USF has somehow become more arrogant and delusional AFTER
getting rejected . It is unbelievable

Eventually, someone is going to put pen to paper and come to the realization that building a $350M stadium for a football team that has sucked ass except for a few weeks decades ago does not make sense.

Evidenced by the fact that no contract has been signed...

Eventually, someone is going to put pen to paper and come to the realization that building a $350M stadium for a football team that has sucked ass except for a few weeks decades ago does not make sense.

it doesn’t make sense to spend that much and only have 35K as your original capacity

And that is just the initial quote. By the time they get around to construction it could be over half a billion. Maybe they can setup a 10k seated bleacher set around their practice fields

A few sets of retractable bleachers in their new IPF would probably suffice with the 'crowds' they can expect for home games starting next year in the 'new' AAC.

But then I guess they would be bragging about their 'domed' stadium.

I said this when Weatherford first tweeted about the OCS that he wrote it up at the Bar after the ticker broke the UCF Big12 news . It was the most obvious reaction strategy to keep what is left of their fanbase engaged

I posted this before ITT but USF has somehow become more arrogant and delusional AFTER
getting rejected . It is unbelievable
When your program has declined to the point theirs has, supporting it requires even greater extremes of delusion and arrogance than ever before. The only other option is to admit defeat but few fans want to do that.

Reactions: 90Knight
For $350 million any stadium should look good. Unfortunately, USF seems to have the mindset of Congress...spend money that doesn't exist or is completely reckless. The difference....USF just can't make money up out of thin air, and let over 330 million people foot the bill (directly and/or indirectly). They should have been pushing for this back when we did. The gap between the halves and the have-nots is growing, and costs are skyrocketing for everything. This sounds like a way to bury their program for sure. They need to get creative.....very creative. Tulane's Yulman Stadium seats 30k and cost 73 million (opened in 2014). They got 32.5 million of that cost from 2 megadonors. That project probably costs at least double that now, and that's looking at it from the perspective of being built in Louisiana, and not California. I'm sure the costs are way more there.

For a more modern-day example, San Diego State got involved with a major city/state college-wide project, with 310 million in costs incurred on a 35K multi-purpose stadium to be opened this season. This article outlines the costs, what the money is to be spent on, and when money has to be paid back by: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co.../story/2020-03-24/sdsu-mission-valley-stadium

I pulled this from Wikipedia:
"The entire $3.5 billion SDSU Mission Valley project includes housing, office and retail space, hotels, and 80 acres (32 ha) of parks and open space, including a 34 acres (14 ha) acre river park along the San Diego River on adjacent city property, and will be developed in phases over 10–15 years. The stadium will seat 35,000 fans and is being built to support college football, non-football NCAA championship games, professional soccer, rugby, lacrosse, and special events such as concerts. The stadium was designed to be expandable to a capacity of 55,000 (complete with a plan and renderings for such an expansion) or more to accommodate a prospective NFL return to San Diego and/or future needs of the Aztecs football team.

On December 6, 2021, San Diego State announced a naming rights agreement with Qualcomm, who also owned the naming rights to the original stadium. The stadium will be known as Snapdragon Stadium, named after Qualcomm's Snapdragon brand of Systems on a chip.

On December 15, 2021, San Diego Wave FC of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) announced it would move to Snapdragon Stadium starting in September 2022 following the stadium's completion; the club began its inaugural 2022 season at Torero Stadium at the University of San Diego.

In January 2022, it was announced that San Diego would be home to the 2023 World Lacrosse Championship, with Snapdragon Stadium to be the primary venue.

On February 2, 2022, the San Diego Legion of Major League Rugby (MLR) announced Snapdragon Stadium to be their new home beginning in 2023."

Unless USF gets some kind of project lined-up like this or involved in one, I don't see how they can afford to stay in the arms race. It's a brutal world of business out there.

Last edited:
For $350 million any stadium should look good. Unfortunately, USF seems to have the mindset of Congress...spend money that doesn't exist or is completely reckless. The difference....USF just can't make money up out of thin air, and let over 330 million people foot the bill (directly and/or indirectly). They should have been pushing for this back when we did. The gap between the halves and the have-nots is growing, and costs are skyrocketing for everything. This sounds like a way to bury their program for sure. They need to get creative.....very creative. Tulane's Yulman Stadium seats 30k and cost 73 million (opened in 2014). They got 32.5 million of that cost from 2 megadonors. That project probably costs at least double that now.

For a more modern-day example pulled from Wikipedia, San Diego State got involved with a major city/state college-wide project, with 310 million in costs incurred on a 35K multi-purpose stadium to be opened this season. That means SDSU is not on the hook for all of this. The only specifics I could find on who is responsible for the $310 million is in the article at this link: https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co.../story/2020-03-24/sdsu-mission-valley-stadium

"The entire $3.5 billion SDSU Mission Valley project includes housing, office and retail space, hotels, and 80 acres (32 ha) of parks and open space, including a 34 acres (14 ha) acre river park along the San Diego River on adjacent city property, and will be developed in phases over 10–15 years. The stadium will seat 35,000 fans and is being built to support college football, non-football NCAA championship games, professional soccer, rugby, lacrosse, and special events such as concerts. The stadium was designed to be expandable to a capacity of 55,000 (complete with a plan and renderings for such an expansion) or more to accommodate a prospective NFL return to San Diego and/or future needs of the Aztecs football team.

On December 6, 2021, San Diego State announced a naming rights agreement with Qualcomm, who also owned the naming rights to the original stadium. The stadium will be known as Snapdragon Stadium, named after Qualcomm's Snapdragon brand of Systems on a chip.

On December 15, 2021, San Diego Wave FC of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) announced it would move to Snapdragon Stadium starting in September 2022 following the stadium's completion; the club began its inaugural 2022 season at Torero Stadium at the University of San Diego.

In January 2022, it was announced that San Diego would be home to the 2023 World Lacrosse Championship, with Snapdragon Stadium to be the primary venue.

On February 2, 2022, the San Diego Legion of Major League Rugby (MLR) announced Snapdragon Stadium to be their new home beginning in 2023."

Unless USF gets some kind of project lined-up like this, I don't see how they can afford to stay in the arms race.
One of the reasons the chargers left for LA was because the owner wanted the taxpayers to fund a rebuikd of that same stadium, without thoughts to redo the surrounding area like this project. There has to be a return on the investment to the taxpayers otherwise it is a pipe dream.

looking ahead, perhaps UCF can expand on the campus village some more with our upgrades and maybe even look at a nice hotel within walking distance to stadium. Anything we can upgrade going forward will put the bools further behind

Reactions: UCFProud
One of the reasons the chargers left for LA was because the owner wanted the taxpayers to fund a rebuikd of that same stadium, without thoughts to redo the surrounding area like this project. There has to be a return on the investment to the taxpayers otherwise it is a pipe dream.

looking ahead, perhaps UCF can expand on the campus village some more with our upgrades and maybe even look at a nice hotel within walking distance to stadium. Anything we can upgrade going forward will put the bools further behind
A new hotel did just open on campus recently, so we have that part covered. It's a 4 star hotel called The Celeste.

the difference with that San Diego project is it is probably the centerpiece to get other events meanwhile with USF the Bucs Stadium or a potential new Rays Stadium would be used for that

Reactions: Knight_Light
the difference with that San Diego project is it is probably the centerpiece to get other events meanwhile with USF the Bucs Stadium or a potential new Rays Stadium would be used for that
Big Events yes. But even our stadium gets used every so often. Their basketball arena hosted some Youtube fighting a few months back.

The SD site isnt downtown but it is off the corner of the I-8/I-15 interchange. There’s a big mall nearby and alot of hotels but not much residential. Looks like theyre addressing that.

I mentioned earlier I think they actually build it, something.

Now I think not. When this gets priced and they start losing games immediately again, how can they get anyone on board?

Wow, did not know that. Where is it located?
Like the other poster said, it's kind of across from garage A. So definitely walking distance and it looks nice. They've also held some events there like the big Mission Control event with KZ, Culpepper, Bortles, AK, and many more. And scientific conference/meetings.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
They have been down the dreamer road a couple of times before, the last one ended in 2016 (or was it 2018?) after the B12 told all of us to take a hike. At that time the had 3 locations being looked at and had done basic graphic designs in n all 3 internally.

They have at least gotten to the point of one location and soliciting design bids from experienced firms. Of course they will pay a massive amount for a high school sized stadium, so they are still usf

Always good for a laugh when selling USF football as a product.

50k attendace in the Big East! That's what your going with 2013 numbers. Lol
I don't think they will be hitting 50k with Rice and North Texas.

“Approaching AAU”. Lmao. Yea im also approaching billionaire status, just need another 999.2 million

As far as #7 is concerned, they were competitive for a few weeks one year in the Big East. That's it... but cows gonna moo I guess.

Reactions: knight_tracker

I wonder if #8 was a one season thing or was the average through their duration in the BE? I'd bet it was a 1 season thing.

Like the other poster said, it's kind of across from garage A. So definitely walking distance and it looks nice. They've also held some events there like the big Mission Control event with KZ, Culpepper, Bortles, AK, and many more. And scientific conference/meetings.
The Celeste Hotel, Orlando, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
(407) 207-4700

Reactions: Knight Strength
According this twiiter the estimate is $350mil. Of course this is the same person that has repeatedly stated they are the best option for expansion.

Even if they raise over $100 million in cash their debt service a year would be nearly $19 million. Even going into the B12 that kind of debt would bury our program. Getting $7 million a year from the AAC? Don't know if that includes facilities upgrades and parking etc. All for an expandable 35k stadium. I love UCF but there is no way I could support such an endeavor

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
Sounds like their wish list will need match their debt load reality or they need another funding source.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT