ADVERTISEMENT

Delicious Bull Tears Mega Thread

Even if they raise over $100 million in cash their debt service a year would be nearly $19 million. Even going into the B12 that kind of debt would bury our program. Getting $7 million a year from the AAC? Don't know if that includes facilities upgrades and parking etc. All for an expandable 35k stadium. I love UCF but there is no way I could support such an endeavor
That 7 million is going to be 3-5 million in the watered down AAC

Reactions: Knight Strength
Even if they raise over $100 million in cash their debt service a year would be nearly $19 million. Even going into the B12 that kind of debt would bury our program. Getting $7 million a year from the AAC? Don't know if that includes facilities upgrades and parking etc. All for an expandable 35k stadium. I love UCF but there is no way I could support such an endeavor
I hope they do it. Would love seeing them default on that loan and shut the program down. Just let the vegetation take back over the stadium and their strip mall school.

1. #13 TV Market - valid point
2. Research Tier 1 Institution - does this really matter in athletics? I think not.
3. Approaching AAU Status - not happening ANYTIME soon and again, basically the B10 cares about AAU and I have never heard it with other conferences.
4. 45,000+ student enrollment - good enrollment, valid point
5. New IPF and locker room - IPF is a necessity in FL and most people have locker rooms
6. New stadium coming 2026 - not solidified, until then it's just talk
7. Demonstrated ability to be competitive in a BCS conference. - I did look up their record in the Big East and it was competitive overall but who the hell cares about something that was a decade old? I'll tell you, NOBODY
8. Avg 50k fans during Big East - Another laughable metric, you can't cherry pick your good stats, not to mention how much of this attendance was because of the other team and not USF?

Hahahahaha that’s what stores do on overstock items. Pretty pathetic, I’ve never heard of a sporting event doing this. Just drop the price or do a giveaway, geez this is embarrassing.
Keep in mind they generate enough revenue after ticket sales and the %they pay to rayjay to fund a bilkion dollar stadium which will be completed by 2026

For all the crap we like to sling at the cows over in Temple Terrace, is it possible, however unlikely, that the cows have been told by a P5 conference that "If you build it, you will be invited"?

It really doesn't make sense that they would lay out $350M for a stadium in the HOPES of getting a P5 invite. Granted, the only real value the cows could bring to a P5 conference is the market in which they are located but sometimes that is enough. Just look at Rutgers moving to the Big10. The only value they brought was the NY/NJ market for the Big10 Network. Well, that and to be a doormat much like Vandy in the SEC.

Nah, nevermind, that can't be the case. They are living, as always, in a fantasy land of hopes and dreams instead of facing the reality of how badly they have screwed up their progression over the years.

Cows gonna moo...

For all the crap we like to sling at the cows over in Temple Terrace, is it possible, however unlikely, that the cows have been told by a P5 conference that "If you build it, you will be invited"?

It really doesn't make sense that they would lay out $350M for a stadium in the HOPES of getting a P5 invite. Granted, the only real value the cows could bring to a P5 conference is the market in which they are located but sometimes that is enough. Just look at Rutgers moving to the Big10. The only value they brought was the NY/NJ market for the Big10 Network. Well, that and to be a doormat much like Vandy in the SEC.

Nah, nevermind, that can't be the case. They are living, as always, in a fantasy land of hopes and dreams instead of facing the reality of how badly they have screwed up their progression over the years.

Cows gonna moo...
I really hope that's not the case. No P5 for them. Ever.

Cows gonna moo...
This feels like one of those " speak it into existence " situations. They are coming at it from the perspective that if they keep saying $350 mil but are silent as to the details a P5 conference will invite them on speculation alone. Then, at that point, they can start the actual fundraising and financing to build the $350 mil stadium with actual details. But if the invite doesn't come then it will not happen at all, or at least not happen the way they are hoping.

Reactions: UCFProud
Not sure they even build a stadium. Seems like a dog and pony show in hopes to get a P5 invite and to try to garner interest in fans/donors. It’s so usf…

With the current P5 landscape and how it seems most likely to turn out, there won’t be room for anymore G5s unfortunately (at least not usf, maybe just SDSU or maybe a few others). Maybe in the ACC in the future but it will be a league consisting of Wake Forest and Syracuse after the B1G, SEC and Big12 tear it apart.

It’s very likely AAC sees declining revenue in the long term unless the media partners find that much value in the new teams or disproportionate revenue sharing. This media contract matters but it’s the next two after that to pay off a debt load like this.

If reports were true, they struggled to raise enough for a practice facility. Building a ~100 million dollar stadium seems like a stretch unless they found an untapped donor or a politician to get them state funds.

Reactions: UCFProud
It’s very likely AAC sees declining revenue in the long term unless the media partners find that much value in the new teams or disproportionate revenue sharing. This media contract matters but it’s the next two after that to pay off a debt load like this.

If reports were true, they struggled to raise enough for a practice facility. Building a ~100 million dollar stadium seems like a stretch unless they found an untapped donor or a politician to get them state funds.
More like over $300M.

😂 Counting W’s?! My 2 year old can count their W’s…Lmfao 😆

USF one of 6 teams to never have a 1000 yard receiver

Brad

Posted 49 minutes ago
That’s a meaningful stat?
Counting Ws, not receiving yards.
Maybe so but it sure seemed like McCants had 1000 yds in one game against us in 2017. Play after play it seemed like no one wanted to cover him. That was one nerve wracking game.

Reactions: Willie Knightime

Cows gonna moo...
Old Dominion looks like a better grab for expansion then USF.
They already have an on campus stadium and the crowd was electric last night playing VT.

Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium, formerly Foreman Field, is a 21,944-seat multi-purpose stadium on the campus of Old Dominion University

Reactions: UCFGrad05
Old Dominion looks like a better grab for expansion then USF.
They already have an on campus stadium and the crowd was electric last night playing VT.

Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium, formerly Foreman Field, is a 21,944-seat multi-purpose stadium on the campus of Old Dominion University
No, a 21,000 seat stadium would be a non-starter for a P5 league.

So typical of the bull crap pen, the asswipe who owns it started a thread "This Weekend in the AAC".....and guess the only game NOT mentioned?

Damn they are pathetic losers

Reactions: U C to the F
Stop it, I think we really need to be afraid of this transfer QB, I mean 6 yards and an INT is damn impressive. Maybe they should put in last years starter, where's Timmy????? Oh yah, forgot. hahahahahahahahahah

Reactions: jackfs
Anyone have trouble with loading new posts on their board? I swear I’ll be on like page 16, then I’ll go back a page and it’ll say I’m on page 13/13

giphy.gif

Anyone have trouble with loading new posts on their board? I swear I’ll be on like page 16, then I’ll go back a page and it’ll say I’m on page 13/13
Same here. It looks like there are 39 pages in the game thread but it does out at 35 or so.

It is an epic read though. It has everything from "I miss 2007" to "Bring back Leavett" to "I preferred the lightening delay"...

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Same here. It looks like there are 39 pages in the game thread but it does out at 35 or so.

It is an epic read though. It has everything from "I miss 2007" to "Bring back Leavett" to "I preferred the lightening delay"...
My favorite is them discussing powders you can buy at Publix.

• Haha
Reactions: U C to the F
Looks like Rice is going to be a great addition to the AAC-- 14 point is really competitive.

Ummmmmm, rice would go great with my dinner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT