ADVERTISEMENT

Milton update thread

Definitely agreee here, only thing I would say is a lot individual success does have to do with being in the right system, despite a few exceptions, KZ being one, I think he’d excel in any offense. Not at all enough of Mack in college to say anything about regarding that, just those coaches all run a variety of different systems (not saying it’s a positive or negative thing) like Pitt is pretty pro style huddling and that which makes that an interesting offer bc Mack was a DT. Hampton, ODU, UVA, and Marshall all local schools as well.

Frost recruiting Mack is a major positive to me. Not a crazy big sample but the QBs he’s recruited KZ and Martinez recently are two of the best in the country very young.

I know a lot of you guys aren’t fans of frost anymore and hate Neb haha, but if you watch Martinez play at all this year, the kids insanely good and he didn’t even play football last season
Agree. Think you could imply it's a good thing that he was recruited to different schemes. Means he is more well rounded.

Reactions: Money_Milton
I think , has a plan, involves something other than football.

Sure it could mean that and could mean something else, but nobody knows for certain....just like nobody really knows what the extent of his injuries are and if he can recover enough to play again. At this point it is merely speculation......

Reactions: Mikesi
Sure it could mean that and could mean something else, but nobody knows for certain....just like nobody really knows what the extent of his injuries are and if he can recover enough to play again. At this point it is merely speculation......
This!

Reactions: JAFFX2
KZ has said he wants to be a coach. I see him in a GA position at UCF or Nebraska if he doesn't play again. He has a bright future either way.

Reactions: FoxKnight
I slept in a Holiday in last night so here goes. Usually if surgery is needed to repair knee they wait a week giving antibiotics and anti inflammatories. Since they opted to operate immediately it shows it was more serious than being able to play football again. The secrecy of this as well as saying God has a plan for him suggests it had dire consequences.

Reactions: clmssun
I slept in a Holiday in last night so here goes. Usually if surgery is needed to repair knee they wait a week giving antibiotics and anti inflammatories. Since they opted to operate immediately it shows it was more serious than being able to play football again. The secrecy of this as well as saying God has a plan for him suggests it had dire consequences.
Incorrect. Blood flow being compromised is a surgical emergency, but not irreversible In many cases if not the majority. Emergent means that
Nothing else

“God has a plan for him” is very non-specific and vague. Especially for people who are deeply religious. Can be used in any case

Nope not the case...Emergency surgery was required to restore obstructed blood flow and avoid any tissue and muscle damage. Very common for dislocated knee....Any further ligament and cartilage damage will be assessed and corrected in the future after swelling goes down.

Incorrect. Blood flow being compromised is a surgical emergency, but not irreversible In many cases if not the majority. Emergent means that
Nothing else

“God has a plan for him” is very non-specific and vague. Especially for people who are deeply religious. Can be used in any case

This!

But I didn’t get my turn yet.

KZ limps out onto the field for the 2nd half of the Memphis game like Willis Reed of the Knicks in the ‘71 NBA Finals.
i said that at the game. At halftime. By the way, that wasn’t 71!

Like T.0. In the super bowl

Sorry but the relaying of general info about knee injuries etc. is actually helpful for those who don't follow injuries that much. It helps to have a general idea. I doubt any family members are busy reading this, nor are there any life and death decisions being made because of any info on a message board, so general info doesn't really hurt anyone. Why do we need the dictators telling us what to talk about?

Besides if any family members are reading the board, then there's several posts (ones about N Dame, nebraska moron fans) that would hurt them far more than this.

BTW just in general, I was wondering what would have been an easier recovery broken leg or what happened. The first time I heard it was dislocation, I thought that sounds much better than a broken leg. Guess I was wrong

Nope not the case...Emergency surgery was required to restore obstructed blood flow and avoid any tissue and muscle damage. Very common for dislocated knee....Any further ligament and cartilage damage will be assessed and corrected in the future after swelling goes down.
And what do you think happens if they don’t operate? You’re also guessing it was obstructed and not torn which is plausible. Internal bleeding is dire. No?

Why do we need the dictators telling us what to talk about?
Nobody is being a dictator. It’s just classless

It’s our guy. Just poor taste. Don’t you agree?

Should we bash recruits who don’t pick us or flip?

That’s not cool either

Sorry but the relaying of general info about knee injuries etc. is actually helpful for those who don't follow injuries that much. It helps to have a general idea. I doubt any family members are busy reading this, nor are there any life and death decisions being made because of any info on a message board, so general info doesn't really hurt anyone. Why do we need the dictators telling us what to talk about?

Besides if any family members are reading the board, then there's several posts (ones about N Dame, nebraska moron fans) that would hurt them far more than this.

BTW just in general, I was wondering what would have been an easier recovery broken leg or what happened. The first time I heard it was dislocation, I thought that sounds much better than a broken leg. Guess I was wrong
Since every injury is unique, it depends on severity. But I’ve seen players come back from fractured legs. Have yet to see a player come back after surgery on dislocated knee. Bridgewater taken a snap? I don’t know if Bridgewater even had surgery. But Miller and another guy had surgery and pretty sure Miller won’t play again and the other guy never did.

Nobody is being a dictator. It’s just classless

It’s our guy. Just poor taste. Don’t you agree?

Should we bash recruits who don’t pick us or flip?

That’s not cool either
No I don’t think guessing on a possible injury is classless. Neither is if Frost was going to stay or leave. It’s all opinions. Does it really matter if the guess isn’t 100% correct?

No I don’t think guessing on a possible injury is classless. Neither is if Frost was going to stay or leave. It’s all opinions. Does it really matter if the guess isn’t 100% correct?
Problem is people are talking about his career ending, being permanently handicapped, losing his leg, etc. Way over the top IMO

Yeah, that’s classless.

How does that relate to a coach leaving?
Apples and oranges. It all goes back to NGEbraska. Lol

Problem is people are talking about his career ending, being permanently handicapped, losing his leg, etc. Way over the top IMO

Yeah, that’s classless.

How does that relate to a coach leaving?
Apples and oranges. It all goes back to NGEbraska. Lol
Nobody is stating it as fact or breaking news. Just in the past with similar cases those things were all possible or happened.

And what do you think happens if they don’t operate? You’re also guessing it was obstructed and not torn which is plausible. Internal bleeding is dire. No?

Not sure I understand your point? The bottom line is that emergency surgery was required due to a blood flow issue which was the most serious and pressing issue, period.....

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Since every injury is unique, it depends on severity. But I’ve seen players come back from fractured legs. Have yet to see a player come back after surgery on dislocated knee. Bridgewater taken a snap? I don’t know if Bridgewater even had surgery. But Miller and another guy had surgery and pretty sure Miller won’t play again and the other guy never did.

Willis McGahee totally blew out his knee with tears of the ACL, PCL, and MCL. Had over 8,000 yds rushing in the NFL......

Yes plenty of ACL and MCL. Show me major knee dislocation.

They are extremely rare, but once you get past the blood flow issues with no muscle damage the remaining issues associated with a dislocated knee are typically ACL and MCL related......

I did read in one of the threads yesterday that you are a Dr. so it shouldn't be that difficult.......
Just kidding I did some training there. No chance I can get in medically. Only as a concerned loyal fan

Hope Milton has my ex-GF as his nurse.

I can’t say that I know anything about this type of an injury. Sounds like a high velocity blunt traumatic injury forcing the patella laterally. However that’s a way oversimplification. The whole knee was probably involved.

Anyone hear of a similar injury?

How lucky was Milton? Raymond James is damn close to Tampa General. Most other cities he’s screwed. Even the Spectrum Stadium logistics aren’t as good

I can’t say that I know anything about this type of an injury. Sounds like a high velocity blunt traumatic injury forcing the patella laterally. However that’s a way oversimplification. The whole knee was probably involved.

Anyone hear of a similar injury?

I read in another thread that he was hit by two defenders from different directions which is why the injury was so severe....very freakish type of injury

Hope his Dr puts all pharmacological options on the table during his recovery and therapy. No point in not being all-in if he wants to compete again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT