ADVERTISEMENT

Milton update thread

yeah everyone needs to mentally prepare that he will never play QB for UCF again

I pray for a miracle and even if it trends in that positive direction whose to say he even wants to play in college again, if he's going to risk his body again he will go see if a CFL team or NFL practice squad takes a chance on him.
Thats true. If he graduates beforehand, more incentive to leave.

yeah everyone needs to mentally prepare that he will never play QB for UCF again

I pray for a miracle and even if it trends in that positive direction whose to say he even wants to play in college again, if he's going to risk his body again he will go see if a CFL team or NFL practice squad takes a chance on him.
He needs to play college football again to show he has recovered

Not sure if this has been mentioned I haven't really read the thread, but if Milton can't suit up again, I'd love to see them give him at least a GA job. Has mentioned he wants to coach, think it'd be best case scenario if the worst case scenario happens

Reactions: Yaes
Not sure if this has been mentioned I haven't really read the thread, but if Milton can't suit up again, I'd love to see them give him at least a GA job. Has mentioned he wants to coach, think it'd be best case scenario if the worst case scenario happens
You have any articles in the works about our next game?

I think a lot of us are thinking this, but no one wants to talk about it until we know more about what's happening.

It feels weird to talk about contingency plans when we don't know what direction it will go and it just happened yesterday.

I think a lot of us are thinking this, but no one wants to talk about it until we know more about what's happening.

It feels weird to talk about contingency plans when we don't know what direction it will go and it just happened yesterday.
agreed, was just thinking about it. obviously we are all hoping for the best

You have any articles in the works about our next game?
gonna do one recapping, the game pretty much from the defensive side and running backs.
Am going to do another on Mack's two games (ECU and USF) kind've go throw by throw look at play calling while he was in. Want to Gif a lot of the throws in the article (if I can figure out how the hell to make them lol)

And then I'm still charting the last 4 Memphis games offensively and will do another breakdown. Was going to do offense and defense, but UCF's offense is kind of a ? mark with what were going to see so I'd rather do the Mack thing.

My off the head opinion is the only one that's going to stop Mack and the offense in general is Heupel (not really in a bad way more of a just not being as aggressive as he would with Milton way).

I probably have a lot more confidence in Mack then almost everyone off of a very small sample and I could be very wrong, but you can't always be right.

We'll see how it goes, if there's anything anyone is interested about Mack I can look at it too.

gonna do one recapping, the game pretty much from the defensive side and running backs.
Am going to do another on Mack's two games (ECU and USF) kind've go throw by throw look at play calling while he was in. Want to Gif a lot of the throws in the article (if I can figure out how the hell to make them lol)

And then I'm still charting the last 4 Memphis games offensively and will do another breakdown. Was going to do offense and defense, but UCF's offense is kind of a ? mark with what were going to see so I'd rather do the Mack thing.

My off the head opinion is the only one that's going to stop Mack and the offense in general is Heupel (not really in a bad way more of a just not being as aggressive as he would with Milton way).

I probably have a lot more confidence in Mack then almost everyone off of a very small sample and I could be very wrong, but you can't always be right.

We'll see how it goes, if there's anything anyone is interested about Mack I can look at it too.
Actually several people have noted that Mack has thrown a couple of great deep balls that have either been dropped or broken up by good DB play. He’s accurate and just needs to take a bit of steam off shorter throws.

Yes and because of that people should just wait and see what kind of recovery KZ has rather than assuming his career is over.
Yeah. I’m tired of hearing all of these assumptions. I’m hearing everything from being back for a Bowl game to being an advocate for the handicapped (people with one leg) for being a graduate assistant. Totally ridiculous.

Just stop it!

What do we know?

1) He hurt his knee/leg
2). He had emergency surgery
3) He made it through surgery to fix the problem and other issues and is in “good” condition
4) He’s not likely to play this week

That’s it!

Last edited:
Yeah. I’m tired of hearing all of these assumptions. I’m hearing everything from being back for a Bowl game to being an advocate for the handicapped (people with one leg) for being a graduate assistant. Totally ridiculous.

Just stop it!

What do we know?

1) He hurt his knee/leg
2). He had emergency surgery
3) He made it through surgery to fix the problem and other issues and is in “good” condition
4) He’s not likely to play this week

That’s it!

Well said. We also know that he is very talented and smart, he is very driven, he can be a great pocket passer, and we can win games on the ground......KZ can easily recover, he can be a less mobile pocket passer and still be better than most other QBs. First and foremost the only priority is his health and well being.....we wish him the best in recovering to live a full, normal and prosperous life. That said, don't give up on this kid, he will probably surprise you!

Last edited:
Interesting, I actually didn’t take it that way at all. It shows just how vague comments can be interpreted completely differently. I’ll practice what I preach and leave it at that
Sure, it is clear that the entire family has very strong faith and the post can easily be interpreted in a totally different light....

Reactions: Mikesi
Just hang out and wait on news.....a decade on or whatever, we are still waiting on news about Michael Schumacher's condition.....we really need to ban trees on mountains, public health menace.

Looking forward to your breakdown. One quick way to evaluate a player is to look at the head coaches who offered him, and their winning percentage. The theory being winning coaches have a good eye for talent. Mack was offered by Bronco Mendenhall (Virginia) 114-65, Justin Fuente (Va Tech) 50-37, Pat Narduzzi (Pitt) 28-22, Doc Holliday (Marshall) 69-45, Geoff Collins (Temple) 15-10, Scott Frost (UCF) 23-15, Connell Maynor (Hampton) 71-36, and Bobby Wilder (Old Dominion) 76-45. Mack was professionally evaluated and offered by 8 head coaches with winning percentages. Memphis will lose, again.

Looking forward to your breakdown. One quick way to evaluate a player is to look at the head coaches who offered him, and their winning percentage. The theory being winning coaches have a good eye for talent. Mack was offered by Bronco Mendenhall (Virginia) 114-65, Justin Fuente (Va Tech) 50-37, Pat Narduzzi (Pitt) 28-22, Doc Holliday (Marshall) 69-45, Geoff Collins (Temple) 15-10, Scott Frost (UCF) 23-15, Connell Maynor (Hampton) 71-36, and Bobby Wilder (Old Dominion) 76-45. Mack was professionally evaluated and offered by 8 head coaches with winning percentages. Memphis will lose, again.

Nice analysis. Mack is the real deal.

These guys are brothers and love each other and it will be a very emotional ball game. Plus we got the bounce house and the best 12th man in college football this year to back us up.

Nice analysis. Mack is the real deal.

These guys are brothers and love each other and it will be a very emotional ball game. Plus we got the bounce house and the best 12th man in college football this year to back us up.

I wouldn't analyze and dump Mack based on 2 games, also wouldn't expect too much from him either. At times, Milton looked horrible his 1st year--- passes only a 12 foot WR could catch. Fortunately, we've got some good RB. It's not all on Mack.

Reactions: atsKnight
I wouldn't analyze and dump Mack based on 2 games, also wouldn't expect too much from him either. At times, Milton looked horrible his 1st year--- passes only a 12 foot WR could catch. Fortunately, we've got some good RB. It's not all on Mack.
Agreed. He's a freshman with some talent, we should expect talented freshman results.

That means that we could see flashes of brilliance or looking completely out of his depth. If it's a bad day for him, it's on the defense, run game, and special teams to rise to a new level.

Definitely agreee here, only thing I would say is a lot individual success does have to do with being in the right system, despite a few exceptions, KZ being one, I think he’d excel in any offense. Not at all enough of Mack in college to say anything about regarding that, just those coaches all run a variety of different systems (not saying it’s a positive or negative thing) like Pitt is pretty pro style huddling and that which makes that an interesting offer bc Mack was a DT. Hampton, ODU, UVA, and Marshall all local schools as well.

Frost recruiting Mack is a major positive to me. Not a crazy big sample but the QBs he’s recruited KZ and Martinez recently are two of the best in the country very young.

I know a lot of you guys aren’t fans of frost anymore and hate Neb haha, but if you watch Martinez play at all this year, the kids insanely good and he didn’t even play football last season

Reactions: PowerEye101
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT